R4 Sturt v Port Wednesday 1310

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R4 Sturt v Port Wednesday 1310

Postby Grenville » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:38 pm

Aerie wrote:Is Shane McAdam any relation to Gilbert or Adrian?

I reckon I heard on the LifeFM coverage a week or so back there was a North McAdam connection.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Apparently cousins but I’m not sure how that fits in regarding age as it’s a fair gap.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Great day to celebrate 50 years since our 68 flag and good to get to The President’s Lunch before the game. Great crowd and turnout, even about 8 people up on a house roof at the northern end like the old days.
Not sure how Pickled Pear can be eligible to play today, pretty poor form by Port and the AFL. I thought SANFL clubs get fined if they field a player that wasn’t listed in the initial squad.
Great win Blues.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby robranisgod » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:04 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:

Apparently cousins but I’m not sure how that fits in regarding age as it’s a fair gap.

Greg, Gilbert and Adrian's father, Charlie was originally from the Kimberleys in Western Australia and he moved to Alice Springs. Shane is from Halls Creek in the Kimberleys so you would think that they are related. If Charlie and Shane's father were brothers it would then mean Shane would be a first cousin once removed to Greg, Gilbert and Adrian.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:00 pm

Yes, nephew
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Big Phil » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Bluedemon wrote:

Yes, nephew

So who is he the son of? Greg?
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 271 times

Postby saintal » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 pm

goddy11 wrote:Irra seems to have more skills than he had at South. A lot of pace as well.

Being a full time footballer now helps. But yes, I agree.

Watched some of the game on the digital pass, Sturt looked comfortable all day and the scoreboard flattered Port$

Pleasing crowd figure. Given the two clubs involved a return to Adelaide Oval for the match may have been beneficial, but personally i think it's great seeing that sort of crowd at a suburban venue.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby whitepointers » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 am

RB wrote:
PhilH wrote:BTW - Crowd Figure advised 7965

Were any people 'locked out'? If so it's a shame because on any other ground you could fit at least 10k.

I doubt it.

Most people headed to the Western entrance and an extra gate was opened shortly after the siren.
Their was lengthy queues but they moved quick enough.

At quarter time there was still a queue but I think that was more to do with late comers than anything else.
More people need to utilise the North Eastern entrance IMO and the ground announcer did encourage people to go to the eastern side of the ground as it was open and could cater for many spectators.

I think it was atypical Adelaide thing where people turn up with 5 mins before the game and expect to get "their space".

Indeed I saw many people walk past me with deck chairs over their shoulders half way through the first quarter looking for a spot to sit.
It wasn't going to happen today.

As for the supposed lock out there was plenty of space despite the great turn out unless Unley has a maximum attendance restriction like a nightclub where they need to turn people away.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Michael » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:38 am

Dutchy wrote:
PhilH wrote:That would be largest crowd to a SANFL minor rd game since ANZAC Day 2014 (Norwood v North at Adelaide Oval)

Really? Geez things have dropped off pretty badly.

What was the crowd when Tex played at the Bay?

Do you ever have anything positive to say ? It was a great crowd today and a good game of footy . Great promotion for the SANFL . Magnificent atmosphere as well. Not sure why you bother worrying if it is that crap. I bet IF Glenelg become a force again you will be back on. Stick with Flagstaff Hill mate if thats what you need to feel good. lol
Michael
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby whitepointers » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 am

I will also say that some other clubs could take notice of the catering at Unley.

The club has made it well known to their supporters they want patrons to have a good choice of food available and to not run out of cold beer.
This has been evident for 3 or 4 seasons now and this is true.

Some grounds I have been to have provided just your normal bbq, which is fine, but if I am going to pay $7 for a beer I want it cold and available after 3 qtr time.

Today the crowd exceeded expectations I think and still they were stocked with cold drinks of all choices until the final whistle.

Maybe if some other teams had this attitude their attendances, particularly the home supporters may go more often.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby mickey » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:18 am

Was definitely cold beer available well after the final siren and into the women's game. Bbq was well and truly caught short though. Run out of steak sandwiches before half time and hamburgers by the 3rd qtr

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:33 am

$6 steak sandwich was ripping value, about as good as you'll get at an outdoor venue. The McMahon Bar had one chick working it for most of the first half, line up was around 40 minutes before half time. The southern bar had one bloke working it, he had no Super Dry just after half time ( didn't bother me ), he also had no EFTPOS for most of the third quarter. My only criticism was just having one person in each van, was clearly the need for two people in each, regardless of the extra people in attendance. The new bar looks like it'll be a great spot to watch footy, pity it's at Pooch Park.

All in all pretty well catered for considering the 7500+ in attendance.

Sturt are very well coached, can't see Mattner being left at SANFL level for long, he's shrewd and his side knows the drill and knows it very well.

Having said that, our Hinkley inspired chip-chip sideways from defence to nobody in attack gave Evans the chance to take about 354 uncontested marks for the afternoon. The contrasting styles of play were clearly evident, Sturts plan worked, ours didn't.

Very even spread of contributors for the Blues, too big a gap between Port's influential players and those who had no impact.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:Great day to celebrate 50 years since our 68 flag and good to get to The President’s Lunch before the game. Great crowd and turnout, even about 8 people up on a house roof at the northern end like the old days.
Not sure how Pickled Pear can be eligible to play today, pretty poor form by Port and the AFL. I thought SANFL clubs get fined if they field a player that wasn’t listed in the initial squad.
Great win Blues.

As the AFL suspension relates to off field matters the suspension doesn't cover the SANFL, under current rules which seems farcical. If you're suspended, you're suspended, but,under current SANFL rules if an AFL listed player is available and eligible to play, he must, it's sort of the "play to the line" rule, so the SANFL are as confused as the AFL are on this one.

I believe the fine will be $500.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:04 am

Did the Port fans boo Evans as well? ;) ;) ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:11 am

No, he's a fair player who plays within the rules. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 am

:lol: :lol:
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby UK Fan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:36 am

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Great day to celebrate 50 years since our 68 flag and good to get to The President’s Lunch before the game. Great crowd and turnout, even about 8 people up on a house roof at the northern end like the old days.
Great win Blues.

As the AFL suspension relates to off field matters the suspension doesn't cover the SANFL, under current rules which seems farcical. If you're suspended, you're suspended, but,under current SANFL rules if an AFL listed player is available and eligible to play, he must, it's sort of the "play to the line" rule, so the SANFL are as confused as the AFL are on this one.

Farcical as you say. Club imposed suspensions fair enough AFL imposed must cross all codes in the future.

If he’s guilty of what he’s been charged with as the afl is stating why is he playing any footy at all ???
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Great win Blues.

Farcical as you say. Club imposed suspensions fair enough AFL imposed must cross all codes in the future.

If he’s guilty of what he’s been charged with as the afl is stating why is he playing any footy at all ???

"Inappropriate contact", what's fair you reckon, 20 years non parole, life?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:57 am

Booney wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
Great win Blues.

"Inappropriate contact", what's fair you reckon, 20 years non parole, life?
Nah he has to read through all of Uk fans posts. Assuming he can read off course. He does play for Port after all.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:08 am

stan wrote:Nah he has to read through all of Uk fans posts. Assuming he can read off course. He does play for Port after all.

I'd take the 20 years.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL