SANFL Clubs

All discussions to do with the SANFL

SANFL Clubs

Postby Brett » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 pm

I expect Members of SANFL clubs to shortly receive communication from each clubs outlining the next step in this issue.

Do what you can afford to do. If you have bought a membership, season tickets etc dont ask for the money back if possible.

I hope the passive SANFL supporters get on board as well and attend games in the future.

Fortunately, the SANFL debt has reduced and they no longer have a life support system sucking them dry .

We need you now.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 68 times

Re: SANFL Clubs

Postby LMA » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Brett wrote:I expect Members of SANFL clubs to shortly receive communication from each clubs outlining the next step in this issue.

Do what you can afford to do. If you have bought a membership, season tickets etc dont ask for the money back if possible.

I hope the passive SANFL supporters get on board as well and attend games in the future.

Fortunately, the SANFL debt has reduced and they no longer have a life support system sucking them dry .

We need you now.

Life support systems generally keep you alive not suck you dry but a good post that wouldn't be out of place in the SANFL 2020 season thread.
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Blacky » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:07 pm

be good if port paid back the $18 million they owe
Current image:
Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 20.51 KiB
The avatar functionality is currently DISABLED.
Blacky
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby JK » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Real “knifes edge” period for most if not all, SANFL clubs. As with many other industries, Footy from the top down is genuinely under threat.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2984 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Blacky wrote:be good if port paid back the $18 million they owe

Sh!t, ‘ere we go....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brett » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:11 pm

I hope SANFL club members are receiving updates. If not they will soon. Sign up and if you have,provide a donation. If you know "supporters " get them involved.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:40 am

Brett wrote:I hope SANFL club members are receiving updates. If not they will soon. Sign up and if you have,provide a donation. If you know "supporters " get them involved.

In a time of uncertainty like this I think donating to sanfl clubs will be pretty low on most people’s priority list.
I get what you’re saying but unfortunately the sanfl is going to struggle like all other small businesses to stay alive.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:33 am

Doesnt affect you are an AFL TEAM and wont need to rely on donations to try and survive as a club
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:33 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Brett wrote:I hope SANFL club members are receiving updates. If not they will soon. Sign up and if you have,provide a donation. If you know "supporters " get them involved.

In a time of uncertainty like this I think donating to sanfl clubs will be pretty low on most people’s priority list.
I get what you’re saying but unfortunately the sanfl is going to struggle like all other small businesses to stay alive.

The AFL has made this bed, they can fix it and stop it from going under
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

The AFL has made this bed, they can fix it and stop it from going under

Think we all know the answer to that.
AFL will worry about themselves only as they always do unfortunately.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby beef » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:49 am

Centrals having to close Grand Central at 12.00 today, that seems to be their only real source of income. Could be the end of them. Plus i'm sure every other other SANFL club is in the same boat, not sure how any club survives without income for possibly months. AFL will be assisting AFL clubs to stay afloat, wont have the money to save every SANFL WAFL VFL NEAFL club
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 am

beef wrote:Centrals having to close Grand Central at 12.00 today, that seems to be their only real source of income. Could be the end of them. Plus i'm sure every other other SANFL club is in the same boat, not sure how any club survives without income for possibly months. AFL will be assisting AFL clubs to stay afloat, wont have the money to save every SANFL WAFL VFL NEAFL club
WAFL is as safe as houses
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 am

If we didn’t win the flag we’d be F***ed. Gave us extra coin to help us be in a better position to hopefully get through this.

As it is now we’re back to where we started 3 years ago IMO.

Genuinely concerned about South and West
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:54 am

Make no mistake, the future of all SANFL clubs is in jeopardy. Particularly those who already had financial challenges.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:12 am

am Bays wrote:If we didn’t win the flag we’d be F***ed. Gave us extra coin to help us be in a better position to hopefully get through this.

As it is now we’re back to where we started 3 years ago IMO.

Genuinely concerned about South and West

Bays are still in deep shit and in some ways in a worse position than the 2 clubs above.

Some tough negotiations with lenders, council, creditors and ATO needed, baptism of fire for the new CEO
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby PanthersFan » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Jimmy Deane’s Bistro at SAFC has now been closed. Unsettling times for everyone. Hope you all stay out of harm’s way.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
beef wrote:Centrals having to close Grand Central at 12.00 today, that seems to be their only real source of income. Could be the end of them. Plus i'm sure every other other SANFL club is in the same boat, not sure how any club survives without income for possibly months. AFL will be assisting AFL clubs to stay afloat, wont have the money to save every SANFL WAFL VFL NEAFL club

Why is that?
Do they have an alternative income stream?
I don’t really follow the wafl these days so I am intrigued to know.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:39 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Why is that?
Do they have an alternative income stream?
I don’t really follow the wafl these days so I am intrigued to know.
The WAFC own the West Coast Eagles and Fremantle Dockers so aswell as both having to pay a fee to the WAFL the WAFC is chartered with looking after all football in the state so they would never allow it to go broke. The Eagles are the richest club in the land so plenty of money to go around
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby southernbulldog » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:01 pm

If things get as bad they can we could lose Centrals,South and possibly a couple of other clubs

May have a 6 team comp from 2021
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Brett » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:00 pm

I put a comment up about Centrals financial position awhile back but got the usual responses.lol

I think clubs with small supporter bases are in trouble. I have stated that many times.

If you want a club to survive and you can afford it ..........be a member and tip in a few bucks.

South , West and the Eagles who have a small base need to . Pokies revenue died years ago.
Brett
League Bench Warmer

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL