Riverland Football Chatter

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Postby On The Pine » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:04 pm

It was a different team on both occasions, and don't want to tar all with the same brush. There are some great things happening between clubs to support each other. These incidents though put that work at risk, in addition to the obvious dangers to the players themselves.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby oldbomber » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm

On The Pine wrote:Saw another coward punch yesterday in an Independent game, the 2nd in less than a season. Both times, in true coward fashion, the offender bolted for the interchange to avoid retribution. This behaviour, combined with frequent cheap shots is a blight on the league. With the shortage of umpires resulting in inexperienced club volunteers putting their hands up, this behaviour becomes impossible to keep in check. I know some leagues now video all games. Is this something that needs to be considered?

A shame to hear that. Umpires cant see everything so yeah a lot of leagues do video every game for many reasons not limited to resolving scoring disputes to providing better player safety which im all for. Im also of the opinion now days these incidents can be a legal issue cowards punches should be treated the same weather its at a pub or on the footy field and its time these gutless scumbags were held accountable.

Perhaps even the club itself, i believe in the Saafl if a club has a player suspended all grades lose 2 premiership points...dont know the full ins and outs but i believe a salisbury club missed finals in a grade last year for b and c grade indiscretions. Whatever it takes to stamp it out im all for.
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby SuperFrank » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Can anyone confirm who the umpires were for the match?
Last edited by SuperFrank on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFrank
Rookie

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby On The Pine » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Each team supplied an umpire, one could have been a player, the other an experienced umpire who now only usually umpires over 35's but has agreed to fill in.

This style of footy disappeared from most leagues years ago. It's a shame Indys hasn't caught up, because if you want to improve the league and standard, you'll find it hard to attract and retain good players if the league's reputation is constantly tarnished.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:12 pm

I think you'll find it's only a few individuals that are doing it. Just as there are in the B grade.
But you're right. It's bullshit and needs to stop.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Postby DARK KNIGHT » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:19 pm

SuperFrank wrote:Can anyone confirm who the umpires were for the match?

Players from the team responsible of the hit have been having a joke/laughing that one of the field umpires was one of their own players due to the umpire shortage. Not sure how true it is but the players seem to be having a laugh about it.

I seen a few of the players sunday & had a chat, the fact they are having a laugh about getting away with it & the attitude of "the bloke deserved it anyway" really pisses me off. You don't hit people & then to make it worse, run to the bench & hide as soon as you do it. Disgusting

I support clubs having to record games with this crap happening to often. People can't keep getting away with this crap, its not apart of the game.

don't reckon they will laughing now, there was a club report on the perpetrator
DARK KNIGHT
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:26 pm

DARK KNIGHT wrote:

Players from the team responsible of the hit have been having a joke/laughing that one of the field umpires was one of their own players due to the umpire shortage. Not sure how true it is but the players seem to be having a laugh about it.

I seen a few of the players sunday & had a chat, the fact they are having a laugh about getting away with it & the attitude of "the bloke deserved it anyway" really pisses me off. You don't hit people & then to make it worse, run to the bench & hide as soon as you do it. Disgusting

I support clubs having to record games with this crap happening to often. People can't keep getting away with this crap, its not apart of the game.

Club reports don't generally hold a lot of weight though. Seem to get thrown out more often than not.
What game was it from?

Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby B-Train35 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:44 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:
DARK KNIGHT wrote:

Club reports don't generally hold a lot of weight though. Seem to get thrown out more often than not.
What game was it from?
Sedan-Cambrai V Lyrup
B-Train35
Mini-League

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Baron Greenback » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:11 pm

2 weeks for Aiden Ivanovic. I would've thought that would be it for the Lions now. Will be interesting to see whether the RFL follows through with their threats

Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby Basher McCracken » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Baron Greenback wrote:2 weeks for Aiden Ivanovic. I would've thought that would be it for the Lions now. Will be interesting to see whether the RFL follows through with their threats

Will be interesting to see if Lyrup make an example of Ivanovic and get rid of him, might show the RFL that they are serious about cleaning up their image :roll:
Basher McCracken
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:12 pm

I was under the impression that if anything like this occurred then lyrup would be suspended. I might be wrong

Baron Greenback
Coach

Postby DARK KNIGHT » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:41 am

Baron Greenback wrote:I was under the impression that if anything like this occurred then lyrup would be suspended. I might be wrong

i thought it was only umpire abuse that they were put on notice for, surely having a player suspended for belting someone wouldn't see them suspended
otherwise teams would target Lyrup players in the hope they would hit back & get reported, that would be interesting come finals time.
DARK KNIGHT
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times

Postby SuperFrank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:42 am

Hearing Brian Gates has been locked in for the 2018 season & beyond for BFC!!!

Good move for the Demons. It might be a long way back for Berri but I'd expect some serious improvement in 2018 with Boog taking the reigns over a pre-season.
SuperFrank
Rookie

Postby oldbomber » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:06 pm

Well done to Browns well going back to back in the independants today. Were cleaner with the ball under pressure and were comfortable winners over a lacklustre fumbly paringa side that never really got going.

Colts was an upset with Wunkar knocking over heavy favourites paringa who were undefeated all year i believe. Great shootout with several lead changes throughout the day but some how the wunkar boys who were half the size on average of their opponents just won more of the contested footy when it mattered most.

Great game to watch but begs the question what does the future hold for the colts in independants? If only half the teams are fielding a side what did these kids do every second week this year? If its not sustainable is it time to scrap independant juniors and just carry on with a senior competition? I know the millewa football league near mildura has been doing this for years and are going along surviving ok for now albeit i think they now only have 6 teams now..
oldbomber
Rookie

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby Bum Crack » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:08 am

oldbomber wrote:Well done to Browns well going back to back in the independants today. Were cleaner with the ball under pressure and were comfortable winners over a lacklustre fumbly paringa side that never really got going.

Colts was an upset with Wunkar knocking over heavy favourites paringa who were undefeated all year i believe. Great shootout with several lead changes throughout the day but some how the wunkar boys who were half the size on average of their opponents just won more of the contested footy when it mattered most.

Great game to watch but begs the question what does the future hold for the colts in independants? If only half the teams are fielding a side what did these kids do every second week this year? If its not sustainable is it time to scrap independant juniors and just carry on with a senior competition? I know the millewa football league near mildura has been doing this for years and are going along surviving ok for now albeit i think they now only have 6 teams now..

Went over today to watch the daughters fella play and watched the young fellas play beforehand. Bloody loved the atmosphere and emotion of both teams. I've been of the view for a while that the independents need to merge with RFL but after last few weeks of watching the games, i hope they keep their own identity in the independents. The closeness of community is like nothing else in independents. Was great to see it and as an ex cobby boy i hope they stick around because they all need to be around to keep the league up and running.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 am

Bum Crack wrote:
oldbomber wrote:Well done to Browns well going back to back in the independants today. Were cleaner with the ball under pressure and were comfortable winners over a lacklustre fumbly paringa side that never really got going.

Went over today to watch the daughters fella play and watched the young fellas play beforehand. Bloody loved the atmosphere and emotion of both teams. I've been of the view for a while that the independents need to merge with RFL but after last few weeks of watching the games, i hope they keep their own identity in the independents. The closeness of community is like nothing else in independents. Was great to see it and as an ex cobby boy i hope they stick around because they all need to be around to keep the league up and running.

Good on you. Great post, BC.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby David Brent » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:16 am

When was the last time Renmark, Loxton or Berri won an A grade final?

Seems to be the other 3 clubs in the prelims/GF every year.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby SuperFrank » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:21 pm

David Brent wrote:When was the last time Renmark, Loxton or Berri won an A grade final?

I could be wrong but from memory:
Loxton 2006
Renmark 2009
Berri 2010
SuperFrank
Rookie

Postby David Brent » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:42 pm

SuperFrank wrote:
David Brent wrote:When was the last time Renmark, Loxton or Berri won an A grade final?

Loxton 2006
Renmark 2009
Berri 2010

Loxton may have had one win since then perhaps but either way its a worrying trend for the RFL & the 3 failing clubs.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby Bum Crack » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:12 pm

David Brent wrote:
SuperFrank wrote:

Loxton 2006
Renmark 2009
Berri 2010

Loxton may have had one win since then perhaps but either way its a worrying trend for the RFL & the 3 failing clubs.

When did Richmond last win a final?
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy