3%
Salisbury
14%
St Pauls OS
No votes

Total votes : 37

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:54 pm

Any chance Elizabeth are going to sign any decent players ? Or they happy coming down a division and missing finals?

Also not sure why they are trying to copy the central united blueprint to the flag by signing 17 year old, they need to be good for that to work..

Ingle farm, Fitzroy, units, Salisbury and then daylight….
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Purple Warrior » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Signing Golden Grove under 17s and C graders is the blueprint to div 6 success last year with greenacres. Maybe Hudson cluse will be the answer.
A couple eastern park signings now gone to adel. Plains league? Not sure of names though or even true.
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:44 pm

Purple Warrior wrote:Signing Golden Grove under 17s and C graders is the blueprint to div 6 success last year with greenacres. Maybe Hudson cluse will be the answer.
A couple eastern park signings now gone to adel. Plains league? Not sure of names though or even true.

One eastern park 0 pointer has headed off to the Adelaide plains league, very handy player but leaves the club with one less headache trying to fit blokes in.. He was the only paid player at EP and there was going to be 4 others fighting for the same position! Just means they can go out and try fill another hole somewhere else on the ground and the player they’ve got lined up will end up being their best recruit yet :)

Still sad to see Rob Kovacic go though, he would have been silly to stay after what long plain$ threw at him! I hope he goes well out there
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby one day I will » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:40 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Any chance Elizabeth are going to sign any decent players ? Or they happy coming down a division and missing finals?

Also not sure why they are trying to copy the central united blueprint to the flag by signing 17 year old, they need to be good for that to work..

Ingle farm, Fitzroy, units, Salisbury and then daylight….

Haha good one Chris.
You won’t get the bite you’re after unfortunately.
I’m happy for you to keep wasting your time though.!
Stay in your own lane and worry about what you guys are going to do once your 12 month plan comes to an end.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:16 pm

Bedge, have I heard correctly that a perfectly good coach resigned his post from your club?

Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:35 pm

Correct, unfortunately due to personal reasons Carey was unable to commit fully 100% to this season. Whilst he's stepped back from the head coaching role, he will still be around the club taking on a mentor role and assisting with the transition and upskilling of the incoming coach + lower grade coaches.

It's a blow for us, but at the end of the day it's community sport, and work/family/life/health all come first, and we respect and appreciate that - and also the difficulty he had in coming to this decision after the season we had last year and the relationships he was able to form.

This season was going to be his last anyway, it's just forced out hand a little sooner.

We are incredibly thankful for the time and energy he put in over the past 12 months, and helping to deliver us a premiership + promotion out of D7. He helped set us on the path we want to be on, will forever be a premiership coach and mate and I look forward to him and his family remaining around the club in some capacity moving forward.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:16 pm

The Bedge wrote: he will still be around the club taking on a mentor role and assisting with the transition and upskilling of the incoming coach + lower grade coaches.

'

A shame, but at least he'll still be around the place, i hope you can find someone half decent to fill his shoes
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:29 pm

Ingle farm are still the hot favourites and will struggle to lose it from here, even if Payney has stood down and their best player is looking for a way out.. Their depth and football program are second to none, only team that will get close is Fitzroy! Maybe the units but think they are a touch behind the 2 top teams
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby redyellow&blue » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:01 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Ingle farm are still the hot favourites and will struggle to lose it from here, even if Payney has stood down and their best player is looking for a way out.. Their depth and football program are second to none, only team that will get close is Fitzroy! Maybe the units but think they are a touch behind the 2 top teams

Lol why do you keep trying to hide EP's recruiting and the 77 coming home? EP firepower up forward is second to none i hear.
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:18 pm

Eastern Park offering Ingle Farms “best player” $550 a game and we are still premiership favourites?!?

Go home you’re drunk.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:27 am

redyellow&blue wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Ingle farm are still the hot favourites and will struggle to lose it from here, even if Payney has stood down and their best player is looking for a way out.. Their depth and football program are second to none, only team that will get close is Fitzroy! Maybe the units but think they are a touch behind the 2 top teams

Lol why do you keep trying to hide EP's recruiting and the 77 coming home? EP firepower up forward is second to none i hear.

No body is hiding their recruiting or the returning players? Pretty sure it was all over their social media.. No matter what they’ve done, after finishing bottom in Div 5 last season unfortunately it’s not going to be enough to match Ingle Farm or Fitzroy

If they had $550 to spend on a player I dare say they wouldn’t be chasing anyone else from Div 6 or 7 bedge come on mate.. Stop trying to dodge the fact you boys are going to walk through Div 6 and win another flag without any hassle
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:18 am

If EP don't win the flag, it'll be the biggest choke and failure in AdFL recent history.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Password Please » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:25 pm

It's such a fickle world we live in, not having ago at you BRB, I have been involved with IF since 1975 as a player, supporter in both footy and cricket, love the place.
It's always been a fantastic place be, it takes one dickhead or a couple to set the keyboard warrior wheels back in motion to can the place, well done to all involved atm but let's not forget all the past greats that of no fault of their own who have had to wear stigma and ridicule of individuals indiscrecians.
Password Please

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Purple Warrior » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:01 pm

Has anyone actually heard anything from the other clubs
Houghton
Lutheran
St Pauls

United seemed to have lost some but got kids
EP picked up every player in the north
Ingle Farm lost coach (no idea who knew coach is) not sure if recruited anyone on top of last years team
Salis lost their best player - picked up a couple others

No idea about most of this div
Purple Warrior

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:52 pm

Purple Warrior wrote:Has anyone actually heard anything from the other clubs
Houghton
Lutheran
St Pauls

United seemed to have lost some but got kids
EP picked up every player in the north
Ingle Farm lost coach (no idea who knew coach is) not sure if recruited anyone on top of last years team
Salis lost their best player - picked up a couple others

No idea about most of this div

Ingle farm would be streets ahead of everyone else at this point
Fitzroy have picked up few good players in Benny Russell, Peter Dempsey and the dork from Blackfriars also - they would be second to the farmers
Salisbury will be strong, lost a couple but gained some good ones in Prior etc
Elizabeth, Central United and St Paul’s will be fighting for the last 2 finals spots by the sounds of it but I’m tipping the units youth to win them plenty of games this season, maybe even securing a double chance

Eastern Park just hoping to be better than last year, blood some youth and keep some of their older heads on the park.. Finals would be nice but realistically I don’t think they are equipped to make that jump yet
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:16 am

When was the last time Eastern Park won a premiership?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:23 am

2010 Div 2?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:34 am

jo172 wrote:2010 Div 2?

Yeah it was the same year the A grade cricket won a flag which at the time was supposedly the first time the footy A Grade and cricket A Grade had won the flag in the same year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:16 am

In all seriousness, Eastern Park are going to be incredibly hard to beat.

Yes they had a tough year last year only winning 2 games, but they lost another 3 by less than 10 points and scored over 100 points in 5 of their losses. They were potent.

Before last year they've carried a win percentage of 55% in the previous 6 seasons including a couple of prelim finals - one being in D4 in a tough comp. Their winning percentage stacks up as good as if not better than most in the league over that period - and 55% would see you play finals more often than not.

They've managed to retain most of their players, they've brought back almost everyone that has been involved in previous successful seasons and they've added some potency to that with acquisitions such as Luke Buckby and Luke Smith. They will have one of if not the most damaging forward lines in the competition, complimented with proven ball winners through the middle third.

I think they have chinks in their armor of course, but on their deck at Dwight they'll prove to be almost unstoppable - there's 9 wins straight off the bat.

Big things happening down at Eastern Park - you can feel the buzz - across all their programs and levels.. only a fool would discount them.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:52 am

Predicted Ladder:
1. Eastern Park
2. Fitzroy
3. Salisbury
4. Adelaide Lutheran
5. Ingle Farm
6. Houghton
7. Central United
8. Rosewater
9. Elizabeth
10. St Paul's OS

Going off absolutely nothing, but know the top 3 will be comfortably ahead of the rest. Salisbury & Fitzroy were already well clear of the pack last season, well positioned for a genuine assault. Eastern Park well talked about their recruits and push for a flag dropping a grade.

Ingle Farm perhaps a little ambitious and optimistic, but I'm hopeful, Houghton don't need to add to their squad to be competitive this year - they had leg speed last year and a dominant ruck.

Sides below that I have no effin clue about. Elizabeth did knock off EP last year, perhaps they'll be higher than i'm giving credit for, and only couple years ago St Pauls dominated this division. Rosewater could be anything also. Who knows.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League