HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby bar20 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:56 pm

Armytank wrote:I can't say I am surprised by this.

It bloody well stinks and shows that all clubs are not equal in the eyes of the board.

Bloody hell, what a weak bunch of pricks

HFL will start being compared to the SFL with decisions like this. Poor form
bar20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Armytank » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:47 pm

I as the President of the HFL can only say that I believe Echunga FC have consulted with their whole Club, have the total support of their Club and have the numbers to enable all teams as required, with this being juniors as well, with teams consisting of numbers so as to play within the rules.

What happened to this statement? Was this accurate?

If it is an accurate quote from the League to the clubs, surely there is some explaining to do.

Otherewise how can any club have confidence in the board?
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby humour me » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:47 pm

sanity prevails. Great decision by Gus and the board
humour me
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby Armytank » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:58 pm

humour me wrote:sanity prevails. Great decision by Gus and the board

You can't be serious right?

So Lobey voted for the ammendment then?
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
rock wrote:Below is a post from Mt Lofty's facebook page:
Agreed. Gouldy should be congratulated on all the pressure he's put on the HFL Board to bring about this decision but we are not out of the woods yet.

Sounds like Gouldy has been relentless with the HFL Board. Given that most the Board members have links to all the clubs that signed Mt Lofty's letter for a SGM this stinks of corruption.

Just read this on Lofty's facebook "Mt Lofty Devils".
This is disgusting and I hope Echunga appeal this decision. The HFL is as corrupt as the Mafia.
Trevor Gould hasn't let up from day 1. And I know he's been into HFL office and on the phone to them and other clubs on pretty much a daily basis. Wouldn't surprise me if Mt Lofty paid the Board members like they used to their players to get their way.
The clubs should overturn this corrupt mob.

So what has Trevor done that any other club official in the same position wouldn't do?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
This is disgusting and I hope Echunga appeal this decision. The HFL is as corrupt as the Mafia.
Trevor Gould hasn't let up from day 1. And I know he's been into HFL office and on the phone to them and other clubs on pretty much a daily basis. Wouldn't surprise me if Mt Lofty paid the Board members like they used to their players to get their way.

So what has Trevor done that any other club official in the same position wouldn't do?

Exactly, their club was at risk of being decimated, they have done what they needed to do to save it
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby the wonder elephant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
Agreed. Gouldy should be congratulated on all the pressure he's put on the HFL Board to bring about this decision but we are not out of the woods yet.

Sounds like Gouldy has been relentless with the HFL Board. Given that most the Board members have links to all the clubs that signed Mt Lofty's letter for a SGM this stinks of corruption.

To be honest Dutchy nothing I would hope my pres would do the same thing if Ironbank faced the same situation ... More the point the Heartless Football League siding with one club ... I still don't get why the Heartless Football League don't have the balls to follow there constitution :shock:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:23 am

Which clubs signed Lofty's letter for a SGM, do you have proof.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Armytank » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:27 am

Back to defending the board again cracka?
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:10 am

Afterthesiren wrote:
cracka wrote:
the_grinch wrote:I wonder how each of the clubs voted...
Rules are rules.

I'm surprised 6 clubs voted for it. Would be interesting to know who those 6 were.

Definitely Nairne as they wanted to be team #12. The other 5 including Mt Lofty I think would've been Hahndorf, Lobethal, Onkaparinga Valley and Mt Barker.

You've got at least 1 club wrong.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:13 am

Armytank wrote:Back to defending the board again cracka?

No, just prefer posters to back their claims with some proof & not just have made up stories that sound good.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Armytank » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 am

The point is though, that 6 clubs seem to be holding the other 14 clubs to ransom and the board appear to be supporting this stand.

It would be nice to have some facts to back up tha acusations of which clubs voted Yes but that will alway be speculated due to the secret ballot.

I understand and commend Trevor Gould for what he has done and is doing for his football club, but it really should never have got to this point.

The facts are that not even 1 third of the league is supportive of this, so why do the board support this. Too many close links, vested interests and elitist views.

I personally have ZERO confidence in the board to make any decisions and lead our League.

I personally have ZERO trust in any of the board members, I would not trust anything they would say to me in person or otherwise and quite frankly makes me question why I would continue to be involved in the league through my football club.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 am

If you read back a couple of pages you'll see I also don't agree with the board rejecting Echunga's promotion unless there is something we don't know about. But all this talk of elitism etc is just crap. It was posted on here (pure speculation & no proof) as to which clubs voted yes & I know 1 of those is wrong so that supposedly elitist club now gets a bad rap based on bulls!!t.
If the majority of clubs have no confidence in the board they can do something about it. Most people say the HFL need to grow some balls, well how about this majority of non elitist clubs grow some balls & do something about it rather than just whinge.
cracka
Veteran

Postby The Gimp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:02 pm

cracka wrote:If you read back a couple of pages you'll see I also don't agree with the board rejecting Echunga's promotion unless there is something we don't know about. But all this talk of elitism etc is just crap. It was posted on here (pure speculation & no proof) as to which clubs voted yes & I know 1 of those is wrong so that supposedly elitist club now gets a bad rap based on bulls!!t.If the majority of clubs have no confidence in the board they can do something about it. Most people say the HFL need to grow some balls, well how about this majority of non elitist clubs grow some balls & do something about it rather than just whinge.

You've got the oportunity to clear up which club is incorrect by posting which club one is wrong!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Armytank » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:12 pm

cracka wrote:well how about this majority of non elitist clubs grow some balls & do something about it rather than just whinge.

I believe something was done about it, twice. Two SGM's later and a 14-6 vote and we are still talking about it, with potentially another SGM before the AGM.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Those 2 SGM's were about Lofty's proposal.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:26 pm

The Gimp wrote:
cracka wrote:If you read back a couple of pages you'll see I also don't agree with the board rejecting Echunga's promotion unless there is something we don't know about. But all this talk of elitism etc is just crap. It was posted on here (pure speculation & no proof) as to which clubs voted yes & I know 1 of those is wrong so that supposedly elitist club now gets a bad rap based on bulls!!t.If the majority of clubs have no confidence in the board they can do something about it. Most people say the HFL need to grow some balls, well how about this majority of non elitist clubs grow some balls & do something about it rather than just whinge.

You've got the oportunity to clear up which club is incorrect by posting which club one is wrong!

Rhymes with Onkas.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Armytank » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:29 pm

And I said I PERSONALLY have ZERO confidence.

I am unaware of my clubs official point of view. Correct to say that the SGM's were about the Mt. Lofty Proposal. But now that the vote went against Mt. Lofty, all of a sudden there is a change of heart from the board regarding Echunga.

Hard not to be cynical
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby toot toot » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Maybe the HFL rejected Echunga's application because they weren't satisfied they could fulfil the requirements of entering Central Div?
I've heard they were relying on getting extra junior numbers from Mt Barker after the move to Central Div, maybe the fact they couldn't guarantee these numbers was the reason?

No doubt the rallying Mt Lofty did hasn't hurt their cause to stay up.

Is there anything in the courier today about it?
toot toot
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 pm

toot toot wrote:Maybe the HFL rejected Echunga's application because they weren't satisfied they could fulfil the requirements of entering Central Div?
I've heard they were relying on getting extra junior numbers from Mt Barker after the move to Central Div, maybe the fact they couldn't guarantee these numbers was the reason?

No doubt the rallying Mt Lofty did hasn't hurt their cause to stay up.

Is there anything in the courier today about it?

No guarantees yet. The clubs still have the final say at the AGM. If the majority of the clubs feel Echunga can field all grades then they are in.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy