HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Legs Man » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:33 pm

WOW Cracka - that is really left field - but like seeing different concepts.

Bridgey should be South though and Mount Barker North.

Littlehampton should be North also and Hahndorf South.

Dont know whether any of us want to play Strath or The Creek - but good to see you have outed Blackwood.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Banker » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:28 pm

Wrong thread guys. No Central clubs will vote for any of these changes.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:54 pm

How's the HFL team looking? Should be a cracking game. I'm hoping the rain stays away so it will (well should) be more suited to the RMFL boys!
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby chopper7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Champ wrote:YESSSS!!!! spewing I can only like that post once Chopper! you wouldnt be surprised how much chump would know considering his involvement @ Echunga.

Lol you blokes got me, I'm burnt and all upset. Off back to the tigers I go; I must've the Midas touch too because we're travelling quite nicely at the minute just like my old boys in your league.[/quote]
Shouldn't someone in your position at a footy club being Echunga, be barking up on forums like this? Also how close were you blokes to getting Chad Osullivan? Just fell $hort?
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:48 pm

As previously stated on here - O'Sullivan had 1500 reasons to go to TV - and Echunga aint playing that game.

Our recruits play for the atmosphere, facilities and mateship - with a few incentives thrown in.

Lucky Jesse Aish is an Echunga junior, lindsay is a friend of the coach and Carey has his best mate who already played at Echunga.

Pretty well the rest of the team are Hills dwellers and closely associated to the town.

We are actually quite moderate when it comes to "looking after" players - particularly compared to other Central clubs.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby chopper7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Legs Man wrote:As previously stated on here - O'Sullivan had 1500 reasons to go to TV - and Echunga aint playing that game.

Our recruits play for the atmosphere, facilities and mateship - with a few incentives thrown in.

Lucky Jesse Aish is an Echunga junior, lindsay is a friend of the coach and Carey has his best mate who already played at Echunga.

Pretty well the rest of the team are Hills dwellers and closely associated to the town.

We are actually quite moderate when it comes to "looking after" players - particularly compared to other Central clubs.

You can't say Jesse is playing for meal vouchers? Nor with Carey?
Which other clubs you blokes comparing yourself too?
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby groovster » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

A view on future HFL...

Season 2017 there will be one Division.

This gives clubs opportunity to position themselves through junior promotion and/or mergers or find another location/association to play in. For the interim there is no relegation or promotion. Clubs can nominate to go to Central Division from 2015 season onward.

HFL provides additional points (and extra salary cap if this comes in) incentives for clubs to merge. I cannot see how in this day and age that any new club could be formed. Lets look at Mt Barker now, they have a population of what 8,000 (town) but dont have enough numbers for two teams across all grades...Aussie rules under threat from other codes (most predominantly soccer), just because populations increase doesn't ultimately mean AFL participation will increase..?

LegsMan...so the rumours that Echunga had a $100k budget this year is incorrect?
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby chopper7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:14 pm

LegsMan...so the rumours that Echunga had a $100k budget this year is incorrect?

Wouldn't be too far off I reckon Groovester. Let's hope it gets them further than an Elimination Final.......
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby Legs Man » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Wow - your mail is way off the mark and incredibly inflated guys.

I would think we are more like half of that.

Comparing to Uraidla, Lobey, Mt Barker, Ironbank - and now TV to name a few.

As I mentioned before we are quite lucky that the players who we do look after are not mercenaries and are playing for the right reasons.

if we hadn't gone into Central we would have lost quite a few to Central clubs for the level of footy played and they were offering a lot more money than us.

The guys have a point to prove that we are competitive with a relatively unchanged side from Country.

They were also sick of flogging sides by 100 points and playing some weeks against teams a long way away.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby jumbo20 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:14 pm

You are completely sure re this?????????????????????Jesse not helping you locate a norwood boy at big bucks?????????????????????????
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby chopper7 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Legs Man wrote:Wow - your mail is way off the mark and incredibly inflated guys.

As I mentioned before we are quite lucky that the players who we do look after are not mercenaries and are playing for the right reasons.

if we hadn't gone into Central we would have lost quite a few to Central clubs for the level of footy played and they were offering a lot more money than us.

The guys have a point to prove that we are competitive with a relatively unchanged side from Country.

They were also sick of flogging sides by 100 points and playing some weeks against teams a long way away.

Ironbank and Torrens Valley certainly are one of those sides, but Lobey? Think you have got your mail there wrong Legs. I went through their side that played Blackwood on the weekend and there was 16 players who have played Junior footy for the club, no way are they forking out the dollars compared to others running around. They even tried to lure Jesse Aish but was out done by $$$ to your club. Keep digging pal, you'll strike gold eventually.
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby afc9798 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Legs Man wrote:WOW Cracka - that is really left field - but like seeing different concepts.

Bridgey should be South though and Mount Barker North.

Littlehampton should be North also and Hahndorf South.

Dont know whether any of us want to play Strath or The Creek - but good to see you have outed Blackwood.

Blackwood really feeling the love in here.... Perhaps they could screen out the houses and put cardboard cutouts around the boundary of sheep and cows. Maybe have a campfire and some country music on the speakers. ;)
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby grasshopper22 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:How's the HFL team looking? Should be a cracking game. I'm hoping the rain stays away so it will (well should) be more suited to the RMFL boys!

Seems no one gives a toss MM, all the talk is on arguing and debating over divisions etc etc. Will be a very good game no the less. What does it mean for the winner is one thing I've been wondering? Bragging rights? Personally I would love to see the lovelock shield up and about again.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Legs Man wrote:Wow - your mail is way off the mark and incredibly inflated guys.

Let's not kid ourselves fellas, no one has a clue what other clubs are paying their players so why float rumours that are completely off the mark?
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby 2old2slow » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:23 am

is it true what im hearing that on saturday the hfl will be wearing the roosters jumper?apparently it will be a north adelaide reunion.
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Justquietly » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 am

Peakedinhighschool wrote:

Let's not kid ourselves fellas, no one has a clue what other clubs are paying their players so why float rumours that are completely off the mark?

Gotta agree with this, but it'll still get a run every year.
At the risk of sounding like 'incentivising' is the ONLY way to go, when it comes to HFL rep honours, what if the clubs with players that bothered to don the HFL jumper got $200 (or whatever). That's THE CLUB gets that. Otherwise, really, is there much drive for clubs putting up their best players with the risk of injury for zero premiership points?
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Cougar » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Justquietly wrote:
Peakedinhighschool wrote:

Gotta agree with this, but it'll still get a run every year.
At the risk of sounding like 'incentivising' is the ONLY way to go, when it comes to HFL rep honours, what if the clubs with players that bothered to don the HFL jumper got $200 (or whatever). That's THE CLUB gets that. Otherwise, really, is there much drive for clubs putting up their best players with the risk of injury for zero premiership points?

The players picked were given petrol money with enough left over to buy a carton of grog and a packet of chips
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Champ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:03 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Champ wrote:YESSSS!!!! spewing I can only like that post once Chopper! you wouldnt be surprised how much chump would know considering his involvement @ Echunga.

Lol you blokes got me, I'm burnt and all upset. Off back to the tigers I go; I must've the Midas touch too because we're travelling quite nicely at the minute just like my old boys in your league.

Shouldn't someone in your position at a footy club being Echunga, be barking up on forums like this? Also how close were you blokes to getting Chad Osullivan? Just fell $hort?[/quote]

Hahaha you still trying to have a crak sweet heart :D
I'm not sure how a spectator position at any football club should depict what he or she does on here so you've completely lost me. :shock:
But hey atleast I can state on my profile proudly who I support....
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Champ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:15 pm

chopper7 wrote:

Ironbank and Torrens Valley certainly are one of those sides, but Lobey? Think you have got your mail there wrong Legs. I went through their side that played Blackwood on the weekend and there was 16 players who have played Junior footy for the club, no way are they forking out the dollars compared to others running around. They even tried to lure Jesse Aish but was out done by $$$ to your club. Keep digging pal, you'll strike gold eventually.

I'm positive I read that Legs man stated his club pays moderately so there is no hiding there. Why would Aish go to Lobey when he is an Echunga premiership winning junior?! The facts seem to be that echunga have recruited only two walk up start A'grade players, they couldnt afford O'Sullivan (also according to you) but yet they're still big spenders? WTF!
Mate please pick a point of view and then attempt to not compleely contradict yourself - because thats :oops:
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby chopper7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:17 pm

Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Lol you blokes got me, I'm burnt and all upset. Off back to the tigers I go; I must've the Midas touch too because we're travelling quite nicely at the minute just like my old boys in your league.

Shouldn't someone in your position at a footy club being Echunga, be barking up on forums like this? Also how close were you blokes to getting Chad Osullivan? Just fell $hort?

Hahaha you still trying to have a crak sweet heart :D
I'm not sure how a spectator position at any football club should depict what he or she does on here so you've completely lost me. :shock:
But hey atleast I can state on my profile proudly who I support....[/quote]
Crack*
If all YOU are doing is spectating then Echungas recent form must be completely player driven or the club has some really good assistant coaches moving the magnets around.
chopper7
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy