HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby chopper7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Wow - your mail is way off the mark and incredibly inflated guys.

I would think we are more like half of that.

Comparing to Uraidla, Lobey, Mt Barker, Ironbank - and now TV to name a few.

As I mentioned before we are quite lucky that the players who we do look after are not mercenaries and are playing for the right reasons.

if we hadn't gone into Central we would have lost quite a few to Central clubs for the level of footy played and they were offering a lot more money than us.

The guys have a point to prove that we are competitive with a relatively unchanged side from Country.

They were also sick of flogging sides by 100 points and playing some weeks against teams a long way away.

Ironbank and Torrens Valley certainly are one of those sides, but Lobey? Think you have got your mail there wrong Legs. I went through their side that played Blackwood on the weekend and there was 16 players who have played Junior footy for the club, no way are they forking out the dollars compared to others running around. They even tried to lure Jesse Aish but was out done by $$$ to your club. Keep digging pal, you'll strike gold eventually.

I'm positive I read that Legs man stated his club pays moderately so there is no hiding there. Why would Aish go to Lobey when he is an Echunga premiership winning junior?! The facts seem to be that echunga have recruited only two walk up start A'grade players, they couldnt afford O'Sullivan (also according to you) but yet they're still big spenders? WTF!
Mate please pick a point of view and then attempt to not compleely contradict yourself - because thats :oops:

If you got to know your players and opposition you would know that Aish played with nearly 6 Lobethal blokes during his time at Norwood. I know for certain that Echunga were out done by TV, straight from the man himself. You and Legs man seem to be saying nearly the exact same things, you sure you aren't the same person?
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Legs Man » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:35 pm

Not the same person - that's for sure.

I agree though that none of us know what other clubs invest in players and on many occasions even what is done at our own clubs.

Aish is a junior player at Echunga and his father coached a premiership.

He also played school footy with Cranna - I don't think money was the sole motivation.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Wow - your mail is way off the mark and incredibly inflated guys.

As I mentioned before we are quite lucky that the players who we do look after are not mercenaries and are playing for the right reasons.

if we hadn't gone into Central we would have lost quite a few to Central clubs for the level of footy played and they were offering a lot more money than us.

The guys have a point to prove that we are competitive with a relatively unchanged side from Country.

They were also sick of flogging sides by 100 points and playing some weeks against teams a long way away.

Ironbank and Torrens Valley certainly are one of those sides, but Lobey? Think you have got your mail there wrong Legs. I went through their side that played Blackwood on the weekend and there was 16 players who have played Junior footy for the club, no way are they forking out the dollars compared to others running around. They even tried to lure Jesse Aish but was out done by $$$ to your club. Keep digging pal, you'll strike gold eventually.

I'm positive I read that Legs man stated his club pays moderately so there is no hiding there. Why would Aish go to Lobey when he is an Echunga premiership winning junior?! The facts seem to be that echunga have recruited only two walk up start A'grade players, they couldnt afford O'Sullivan (also according to you) but yet they're still big spenders? WTF!
Mate please pick a point of view and then attempt to not compleely contradict yourself - because thats :oops:

So why did Aish go to Barossa Districts in 2012? Why didn't he back to his former club then?
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Champ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:09 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

If you got to know your players and opposition you would know that Aish played with nearly 6 Lobethal blokes during his time at Norwood. I know for certain that Echunga were out done by TV, straight from the man himself. You and Legs man seem to be saying nearly the exact same things, you sure you aren't the same person?

He already spent a year playing with his norwood mates I believe, that was in the mighty BLG with barossa districts so thats a little diffeent to playing against your junior club dont you think - no reply necessary on the latter.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Champ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Hahaha you still trying to have a crak sweet heart :D
I'm not sure how a spectator position at any football club should depict what he or she does on here so you've completely lost me. :shock:
But hey atleast I can state on my profile proudly who I support....[/quote]
Crack*
If all YOU are doing is spectating then Echungas recent form must be completely player driven or the club has some really good assistant coaches moving the magnets around.[/quote]

Aha! Now I'm with you, my apologies mighty mouse. You're eluding to me being an official/player/coach at Echunga? Well that would be skilful yet extremely difficult given the copious amount of games I've been attending in complete other leagues :shock: but rest assured I love to rattle your little cage which seems to be working a right treat hahaah
Champ
Under 18s

Postby chopper7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Champ wrote:Hahaha you still trying to have a crak sweet heart :D
I'm not sure how a spectator position at any football club should depict what he or she does on here so you've completely lost me. :shock:
But hey atleast I can state on my profile proudly who I support....

Crack*
If all YOU are doing is spectating then Echungas recent form must be completely player driven or the club has some really good assistant coaches moving the magnets around.[/quote]

Aha! Now I'm with you, my apologies mighty mouse. You're eluding to me being an official/player/coach at Echunga? Well that would be skilful yet extremely difficult given the copious amount of games I've been attending in complete other leagues :shock: but rest assured I love to rattle your little cage which seems to be working a right treat hahaah[/quote]

The only cage we are rattling here is yours mate. Copious is a lot in terms of games watched.... Kinda seems bit over the top considering most comps are only 8 rounds in.
I've got good knowledge that you are one of those 3 things mentioned. Pays to be a local ;) you get the inside word from a lot of people. Keep punching mate.
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:46 pm

chopper7 wrote:

Crack*
If all YOU are doing is spectating then Echungas recent form must be completely player driven or the club has some really good assistant coaches moving the magnets around.

Aha! Now I'm with you, my apologies mighty mouse. You're eluding to me being an official/player/coach at Echunga? Well that would be skilful yet extremely difficult given the copious amount of games I've been attending in complete other leagues :shock: but rest assured I love to rattle your little cage which seems to be working a right treat hahaah[/quote]

The only cage we are rattling here is yours mate. Copious is a lot in terms of games watched.... Kinda seems bit over the top considering most comps are only 8 rounds in.
I've got good knowledge that you are one of those 3 things mentioned. Pays to be a local ;) you get the inside word from a lot of people. Keep punching mate.[/quote]

Hahaha your use of terminology is perplexing but comical none the less.
My reference to copious was to the amount of comps not games you imbecile and your 'inside' word is about as worthy as your responses to me baiting you.
I'm having a good laugh here but I'm confident everyone else is over it so any chance you can post something decent?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby chopper7 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:19 pm

Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Crack*
If all YOU are doing is spectating then Echungas recent form must be completely player driven or the club has some really good assistant coaches moving the magnets around.

Aha! Now I'm with you, my apologies mighty mouse. You're eluding to me being an official/player/coach at Echunga? Well that would be skilful yet extremely difficult given the copious amount of games I've been attending in complete other leagues :shock: but rest assured I love to rattle your little cage which seems to be working a right treat hahaah

I've got good knowledge that you are one of those 3 things mentioned. Pays to be a local ;) you get the inside word from a lot of people. Keep punching mate.[/quote]

My reference to copious was to the amount of comps not games you imbecile and your 'inside' word is about as worthy as your responses to me baiting you.
I'm having a good laugh here but I'm confident everyone else is over it so any chance you can post something decent?[/quote]

It seems I'm the one getting too you here, you're the one getting on the defence and dropping severely harsh names. Was being called an Imbecile meant to hurt my feelings?
Well since you have watched Echunga closely and know a bit about them, give us your honest thoughts on Lindsey Bassani??

Anyone making the trip down the bridge tomorrow?
chopper7
Under 16s

Postby FairDinkum » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Good luck to the HFL, I hope we are serious about this game.
What's the story with the Echunga coach, I don't know way thing about him, Bassina, not sure of his history. It seems he generates some interest though!
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Champ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:09 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Champ wrote:
chopper7 wrote:

Crack*

I've got good knowledge that you are one of those 3 things mentioned. Pays to be a local ;) you get the inside word from a lot of people. Keep punching mate.

I'm having a good laugh here but I'm confident everyone else is over it so any chance you can post something decent?[/quote]

It seems I'm the one getting too you here, you're the one getting on the defence and dropping severely harsh names. Was being called an Imbecile meant to hurt my feelings?
Well since you have watched Echunga closely and know a bit about them, give us your honest thoughts on Lindsey Bassani??

Anyone making the trip down the bridge tomorrow?[/quote]

You just keep going hahahahaha you're way off the mark but it's a good laugh so play on.
I will be on duty in the bridge.
Any tips people? Will the game be considered an accurate measure of the two comps?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby bailey39 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Personally I think Country div is all but stuffed already.

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Maccy / Meadows combine - play Central
Gums / Birdwood combine - play Central
Nairne - play Central
Sedan to Barossa (or anywhere closer to them)
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Hope I haven't missed anyone :)

Looking the other way.
3 Divisions
Central with the top 8 teams
Country div 1 with the bottom 2 from Central and the top 6 from Country
Country div 2 with the bottom 3 from Country plus Blackwood (could they field 4 teams again with their B's playing here and their C's in Central or Milang to play B's) plus extra's eg Aldinga and Hackham struggling in the SFL, 2nd team from around Mt Barker eg Littlehampton, BSR who previously played against Sedan Cambrai and could Callington be relieved? Or suggest others.

There is always 1 or 2 teams slightly off the pace in the Central, abet names do change. The gap between the top and bottom teams in the Country is vast at times. In this way that would eliminate much of the previous 2 comments and make the both div's far more competitive. Throw in compulsory promotion and relegation depending on junior teams and things heat up a lot more and make far more games count.
Country div 2 would allow struggling clubs to play others who are more at their level without necessarily paying heaps of money just to be competitive. I realise the travel is a problem so eg Sedan v Aldinga, could the league play at a neutral venue eg the old Ashton or Lenswood ovals that are approx half way between the far Northern and Southern teams with one club hosting and running a canteen/bar so make some money and vice versa for the other later. No compulsory promotion or relegation but the premiership team or winner of div 2 club shield could nominate to go up thus the the bottom club in div 1 would always be on notice this could happen, again adding further interest to the comp's.
Country Juniors to be played in one div only meaning what ever teams clubs can field all in the one comp. It would mean a few times not all a clubs teams would play on the same oval but we are already starting to see this any how. May be a few more games in front of a C grade on a friday night may be possible so to make it easier on volunteers, trainers etc.
I know that some of these clubs would not be technically "Hills clubs" but the whole idea is to allow clubs to play to the best level that suits them without necessarily paying out a lot of cash and enable towns to keep their footy teams and not amalgamate and so lose their identity and be a big blow to social culture and bonding that footy clubs bring.
Expansion in the Hills would not radically weaken other leagues with any of the above suggestions, in fact with the SFL would help to improve the competitiveness of their league as well. No reason in the future why clubs could not switch leagues again if they can step up to the challenge and it benefits the club as a whole. Again there needs to be a happy medium for both clubs or leagues. Going down to one div could see a vast gulf between top and bottom clubs open and the need for clubs to spend beyond their means to be competitive. The older members of this board may remember 1983 when the Hills was only a one 15 team comp and big margins occurring between the old Zone 1 and 2 clubs.
Any way leave it to you other posters to discuss the various merits of going either way.

Dropped into the Lenswood oval not long ago cannot believe footys not being played there it's in perfect nick with plenty of parking and good facilities.
bailey39
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby bailey39 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Legs Man wrote:Don't mind the idea Gimp as it seems to even things out a bit.

While the central clubs have their immovable 10 team comp firmly in place the league will not move forward.

Also there is no solution that will keep all clubs happy.

After seeing first hand Bridgeys senior side play last week - they would likely finish just in the top 4 in Country.

As an aside - it was very sub standard re facilities at Bridgewater and something they should be ashamed of.

It must cost them heaps in lost revenue and something the league should make them address.

A tin shed as a bar with no selection - and no toilets is unacceptable.

To make matters worse they even ran out of beer!

How could you not find the toilets? It's basically the biggest building in the ground. Bit harsh to say they should be ashamed of it mate.
bailey39
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Tanka » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31 am

Country footy problems solved!!! After much discussion over a few beers we have a solution.....All Clubs must play 60% or 14 of their 21 A Grade players who have played Juniors for their club!! This is easy to officiate for the Hills League and still allows up to 7 A Grade imports for clubs like Uraidla, TV and Mt Barker who feel like they need it because they cant play their locals and still win. When you look at it, it means you only need 2-3 senior colts to come up every year to the Senior squad to sustain a Club. Also once "imports" play at a club for 5 years or 100 games or so they qualify as locals.

This will also encourage players in League or Reserves footy to stay longer which will take the pressure off the SANFL or if they leave, to go back to their Junior club.

Once again easy to police for the League and makes all clubs invest in their junior grades to develop A Grade players.

Welcome the excuses!!!
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby youngpace » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:12 pm

Anyone have a copy of the teams for today's game? both sides?
And more importantly a result once its done and dusted.
youngpace
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Muddy Roo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Tanka wrote:Country footy problems solved!!! After much discussion over a few beers we have a solution.....All Clubs must play 60% or 14 of their 21 A Grade players who have played Juniors for their club!! This is easy to officiate for the Hills League and still allows up to 7 A Grade imports for clubs like Uraidla, TV and Mt Barker who feel like they need it because they cant play their locals and still win. When you look at it, it means you only need 2-3 senior colts to come up every year to the Senior squad to sustain a Club. Also once "imports" play at a club for 5 years or 100 games or so they qualify as locals.

This will also encourage players in League or Reserves footy to stay longer which will take the pressure off the SANFL or if they leave, to go back to their Junior club.

Once again easy to police for the League and makes all clubs invest in their junior grades to develop A Grade players.

Welcome the excuses!!!

We'll thought out idea. Could see this working. It does work along the same lines as the points system though, with locals worth nil and imports worth less points the longer they play at the club. MB had 16 past juniors and 3 players in the 5+ yrs category their last game v Uri, and Uri are full of imports that have been there for yrs.
Plenty of reading on this forum again. Good to see.
The Muddy Roo
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:02 pm

bailey39 wrote:
Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
Legs Man wrote:Personally I think Country div is all but stuffed already.

Kersbrook to Barossa
Kangarilla to Southern
Maccy / Meadows combine - play Central
Gums / Birdwood combine - play Central
Nairne - play Central
Sedan to Barossa (or anywhere closer to them)
Blackwood to Amateurs

12 team Central Div:
Uraidla
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Echunga
Lobethal
Nairne
Bridgewater
Ironbank
TV
McMeadows
Birderacha

Hope I haven't missed anyone :)

Looking the other way.
3 Divisions
Central with the top 8 teams
Country div 1 with the bottom 2 from Central and the top 6 from Country
Country div 2 with the bottom 3 from Country plus Blackwood (could they field 4 teams again with their B's playing here and their C's in Central or Milang to play B's) plus extra's eg Aldinga and Hackham struggling in the SFL, 2nd team from around Mt Barker eg Littlehampton, BSR who previously played against Sedan Cambrai and could Callington be relieved? Or suggest others.

There is always 1 or 2 teams slightly off the pace in the Central, abet names do change. The gap between the top and bottom teams in the Country is vast at times. In this way that would eliminate much of the previous 2 comments and make the both div's far more competitive. Throw in compulsory promotion and relegation depending on junior teams and things heat up a lot more and make far more games count.
Country div 2 would allow struggling clubs to play others who are more at their level without necessarily paying heaps of money just to be competitive. I realise the travel is a problem so eg Sedan v Aldinga, could the league play at a neutral venue eg the old Ashton or Lenswood ovals that are approx half way between the far Northern and Southern teams with one club hosting and running a canteen/bar so make some money and vice versa for the other later. No compulsory promotion or relegation but the premiership team or winner of div 2 club shield could nominate to go up thus the the bottom club in div 1 would always be on notice this could happen, again adding further interest to the comp's.
Country Juniors to be played in one div only meaning what ever teams clubs can field all in the one comp. It would mean a few times not all a clubs teams would play on the same oval but we are already starting to see this any how. May be a few more games in front of a C grade on a friday night may be possible so to make it easier on volunteers, trainers etc.
I know that some of these clubs would not be technically "Hills clubs" but the whole idea is to allow clubs to play to the best level that suits them without necessarily paying out a lot of cash and enable towns to keep their footy teams and not amalgamate and so lose their identity and be a big blow to social culture and bonding that footy clubs bring.
Expansion in the Hills would not radically weaken other leagues with any of the above suggestions, in fact with the SFL would help to improve the competitiveness of their league as well. No reason in the future why clubs could not switch leagues again if they can step up to the challenge and it benefits the club as a whole. Again there needs to be a happy medium for both clubs or leagues. Going down to one div could see a vast gulf between top and bottom clubs open and the need for clubs to spend beyond their means to be competitive. The older members of this board may remember 1983 when the Hills was only a one 15 team comp and big margins occurring between the old Zone 1 and 2 clubs.
Any way leave it to you other posters to discuss the various merits of going either way.

Dropped into the Lenswood oval not long ago cannot believe footys not being played there it's in perfect nick with plenty of parking and good facilities.

Will never happen in the Barossa. Why would we want to ruin our competition by taking your reject clubs. Firstly football and netball follow each other, so any club that wants to enter BLG need an u/9, u/11, u/13, u/15, u/17, ressies and a grade football. As well as about 4-5 junior netball teams and at least 6 senior netball sides. Game over will never let unprofessional sides into the Barossa.
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 223 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby groovster » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:56 pm

Boundary rider you are 100% correct. From my past knowledge and involvement with bl&g very well run, high standard and with netball and football following each other attendance at games puts hfl to shame.. But nothing the hfl and all our clubs couldn't fix.

Like the thought of min no. Of juniors but still need a $$ cap I suspect.. Don't think we could just 'exit' clubs from hfl that currently are in.. As much as I agree that Blackwood aren't a fit..I hear we will all have an opportunity to submit thoughts via a survey .. I hope there are some open questions to put all our ideas forward.
groovster
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:07 pm

The HFL have defeated the RMFL by 5 points in the senior Inter-League clash at Murray Bridge. Sammy Miles was the star of the day, booting 4 goals from a wing in a best on ground performance
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3492 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:41 am

A very entertaining game of football. Well done to the HFL, I don't think anyone that entered the ground would be disappointed with the effort of both sides.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:51 am

With Hills Country being such a pathetic competition not a bad effort to produce three of the best five players in the interleague game.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy