HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby The Gimp » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Elmer J Thudpucker wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:No matter what they achieve this year, they are still going to get kicked out of the competition. They have more than shown their worth at that level.

Whoever got relegated this year was going to be unlucky. This is the first time a club hasn't dropped off the pack.

Last year Lofty had 85 points and got relegated. In 2010 Birdwood had even less. To get 140 points and still get relegated is unusual.

No doubt Echunga are unlucky to get relegated with that many points, but "thems the rules".
For interest;
2010, Birdwood got relegated with 78.5, next was Lobey with 114.5
2011, Bridgy had 63 and TV had 71
2012, Bridgy had 91 and Mt Lofty had 98
2013, Mt Lofty got relegated with 84.5 and next was Ironbank with 121
2014, Echunga currently on 132, TV 146 and Bridgy 149
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby PussInBoots » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:14 pm

citycoaster17 wrote:Being an Echunga supporter, no offence Legsman, but enough is enough, no matter what your thoughts or feelings are, it is getting very tiresome. What will be will be, I'm sure the club is looking into all avenues, and the league in the long run will make the best decision for Hills football, both Country and Central.

I've go an idea, how about we talk footy. Any tips for this weekend??

Agreed, also a die hard Echunga man but sick to the teeth of reading about how unfair it all is! Let's move on Legs.
PussInBoots
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Legs Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Moving on as requested - sorry all but it obviously s**ts me to tears that so much good work can see us at the point we are at.

Should be an interesting round with Mounts v Lobey (Mounts to win) & TV v Ironbank (Bankers at home)

Echunga could go to 3rd and the double chance should they win by enough and Lobey go down.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Yellow & Black » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:46 pm

Well said CC17 and PIB. This week will be interesting, your Echunga boys still a chance of taking 3rd spot with a big % booster over Hahndorf. Blackwood secured 5th with a dominant win over my Tigers, I see the Woods as a real smokey come Finals, but the flag could be anyones, Loby probably the outsider at the moment.

B Grade ladder not yet set with Ironbank and Mt Barker still a mathematical chance of taking 5th. Judging by weekends results it looks to be a 2 horse race between Blackwood and Uraidla, with Onkas and TV a small chance depending on what they do in dropping players back. What's the rules in terms of qualifying players for finals bearing in mind their A Grade seasons are over?

Proud of little old Lobethal for hopefully getting both senior sides into the pointy end (playing with less than a handful of points Legsman).
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Bat Pad » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:25 pm

The standard of the A Grade this year is well down on previous years, especially compared to the sides running around 4 or 5 years ago.

Sides like Onkas, Hahndorf and even Bridgewater I hear have been crulled by shocking injury runs and player absentees. Hahndorf only lost 4 or 5 players from their list from last year yet only had 6 from their prelim side out on the park Saturday. Even with the kids coming through they were always going to struggle.

But these sides (Onkas and Hahndorf) will not be this weak for long, and would be building up a fair war chest saving a lot of money this year, whilst developing kids who played in dominant junior teams.

Echunga don't have this and don't have the depth coming through the B Grade either obviously based on results. This is why it is based on an entire club.

When the comp gets back to its usual standard, I fear Echungas A's will fall by the wayside pretty quickly. They just don't have the base.

To be honest, if they finish 4th and lose an elimination, which is also a distinct possiblilty, whilse the rest of their club struggled it's hardly a great injustice.
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Legs Man » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Echunga:

S/C above Lobey,TV,Uraidla.

J/C above Bridgey,TV

U13 above Uraidla.

It's not that bad is it?

Simply our B grade has been a disaster!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Bat Pad » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:47 pm

It may not be a disaster but obviously every other club is doing better than that are they not?

Otherwise wouldn't they be the club about to be relegated?
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Legs Man wrote:Echunga:

S/C above Lobey,TV,Uraidla.

J/C above Bridgey,TV

U13 above Uraidla.

It's not that bad is it?

Simply our B grade has been a disaster!

Unfortunately the relegation system weights the B-Grade and colts way too highly.

There are more points on offer in the other three grades combined than the A-Grade, which does not reflect the reality, but as a result has changed reality!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Champ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Bat Pad wrote:The standard of the A Grade this year is well down on previous years, especially compared to the sides running around 4 or 5 years ago.

Sides like Onkas, Hahndorf and even Bridgewater I hear have been crulled by shocking injury runs and player absentees. Hahndorf only lost 4 or 5 players from their list from last year yet only had 6 from their prelim side out on the park Saturday. Even with the kids coming through they were always going to struggle.

But these sides (Onkas and Hahndorf) will not be this weak for long, and would be building up a fair war chest saving a lot of money this year, whilst developing kids who played in dominant junior teams.

Echunga don't have this and don't have the depth coming through the B Grade either obviously based on results. This is why it is based on an entire club.

When the comp gets back to its usual standard, I fear Echungas A's will fall by the wayside pretty quickly. They just don't have the base.

To be honest, if they finish 4th and lose an elimination, which is also a distinct possiblilty, whilse the rest of their club struggled it's hardly a great injustice.

Sour grapes much! I'd be confident that every club will improve including Echunga however the nature of footy suggests what goes up will come down and vice versa so stick to kicking something else while it's down legend.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Champ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:29 pm

no1rangler wrote:LM not sure what planet you are on TBH!

Where did Echunga finish on the club shield last year??? Again, very successful in the A grade and others sides average at best!

It certainly goes to show all scenarios weren't considered because what's happened so far isn't better for footy and there's every chance it wont be better for you guys!

Far from bottom as not all clubs had juniors, I believe their B's finished 2/3 for quite a few years prior to last year so meh void point.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Champ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Off The Wall wrote:If the club shield is used to relegate, then should it be used to promote? And that's only if the club finishing top chooses to do so. It could ensure a better spread of performances across all grades as a club.

Won't work as country division clubs are lop sided, could end up with a kangarilla or meadows which means you'd have big big senior margins resulting in more sulking on here at least
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Champ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:33 pm

Banker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:A grade is the name of the game here as that is what your club is remembered by and ultimately strive to achieve success in.

Wrong. I really hope that's not the attitude of the Echunga officials, otherwise Echunga will never be a successful Div 1 club.

I've said it before, learn form Ironbank. They made huge efforts to recruit juniors during their battle to stay in Div 1 and at one stage had the strongest junior club in the competition. (4 Under 10 and 2 Under 12 sides) Maybe 5% of these kids lived within 5kms of Ironbank Oval!

You have the fastest growing town in SA less than 10kms away!

Banker please tell me the grand finalist in any other grade other than A's from any competition in Australia? For example who played in the RMFL S/c gf in 2013? In fact who played in the country div grand finals? Best get googling son.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Banker » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Champ wrote:
Banker wrote:
Legs Man wrote:A grade is the name of the game here as that is what your club is remembered by and ultimately strive to achieve success in.

Wrong. I really hope that's not the attitude of the Echunga officials, otherwise Echunga will never be a successful Div 1 club.

I've said it before, learn form Ironbank. They made huge efforts to recruit juniors during their battle to stay in Div 1 and at one stage had the strongest junior club in the competition. (4 Under 10 and 2 Under 12 sides) Maybe 5% of these kids lived within 5kms of Ironbank Oval!

Banker please tell me the grand finalist in any other grade other than A's from any competition in Australia? For example who played in the RMFL S/c gf in 2013? In fact who played in the country div grand finals? Best get googling son.

Whys that?? Are you looking for another premiership team to take over coaching Champ? :D

But seriously, I have no idea why you're asking that... Other than to prove my point that A grade success doesnt build a strong club.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Champ » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Banker wrote:
Champ wrote:
Banker wrote:

Whys that?? Are you looking for another premiership team to take over coaching Champ? :D

But seriously, I have no idea why you're asking that... Other than to prove my point that A grade success doesnt build a strong club.

Lol you really are a errr banker
Vibrant competitions are built on the most senior grades strength and the participation - not strength of their juniors.
Therefore weighted juniors based on win and loss goes against participation does it not?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Can someone from Onkas please tell me why a convicted criminal is again playing for them after recent release on parole. Has anyone cared to read the court report in relation to this serious offence? Why would a club allow a person of this character to return?
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:34 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:Can someone from Onkas please tell me why a convicted criminal is again playing for them after recent release on parole. Has anyone cared to read the court report in relation to this serious offence? Why would a club allow a person of this character to return?

Not sure of the scenario, but surely if someone has been released on parole, then people with much higher qualifications and experience than your average football committee have determined that they are suitable to go and participate in society again. A football club/organised sport is a very good environment for someone who is trying to get their life back on track by re-joining society in hopefully a more positive way than what got them into trouble in the first place.

Then again I have no idea what the crime and situation was that had them in trouble in the first place, and the assumption is made the club has assessed the risks, but football clubs provide an exceptional service to the community in assisting people like this.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby overthehill » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 am

Afterthesiren wrote:Can someone from Onkas please tell me why a convicted criminal is again playing for them after recent release on parole. Has anyone cared to read the court report in relation to this serious offence? Why would a club allow a person of this character to return?

Very poor post from a faceless person that has very little intelligence. Shame, shame, shame
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby The Crimson Chin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:29 pm

unsure if been posted but finals location

QF - Uri
EF- Barker
2nd Semi- Echunga
1st Semi- Lobbie
Prem- Onkas
GF- Hahndorf
The Crimson Chin
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Champ wrote:
Banker wrote:
Champ wrote:Banker please tell me the grand finalist in any other grade other than A's from any competition in Australia? For example who played in the RMFL S/c gf in 2013? In fact who played in the country div grand finals? Best get googling son.

Lol you really are a errr banker
Vibrant competitions are built on the most senior grades strength and the participation - not strength of their juniors.
Therefore weighted juniors based on win and loss goes against participation does it not?

A few weeks ago I suggested a different points system which weighted A-grade result higher than then current system does so that A-Grade = 10, B-Grade 4, SC 3, JC 2.

If this was in place, the ranking would currently be as follows:

Blackwood 222
Mount Barker 220
Uraidla Districts 212
Lobethal 172
Ironbank 151
Onkaparinga Valley 140
Hahndorf 132
Torrens Valley 126
Echunga 120 (countback 11 A-grade wins)
Bridgewater 120 (countback 6 A-grade wins)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby The Panther » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:13 pm

overthehill wrote:

Very poor post from a faceless person that has very little intelligence. Shame, shame, shame

Agreed. The general public usually have zero understanding of matters such as these. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard and create hysteria.

Having met the young man outside of football , I would have no concerns with him being at my club.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy