HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Stinga » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Any danger you blokes could discuss footy, rather than what may or may not have happened to 1 bloke!
Stinga
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby The Gimp » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Stinga wrote:Any danger you blokes could discuss footy, rather than what may or may not have happened to 1 bloke!

What have you got to contribute Stinga - fire away!!
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Legs Man » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:Legsman has gone quite this week has he had his computer confiscated too

Just reading the banter and waiting on some factual comment.

Hearing a 12 team comp is on the table with Nairne and Mt lofty up - leaving a 6 team country comp.

Not a bad outcome given the strength of juniors and looking towards the future.

It certainly opens up some good options for night games early in the season with many of the clubs now having suitable lighting.

Sensible move by all concerned as it keeps the premier in central and keeps the good facilities in the main competition.

Good to see common sense prevail and the HFL actually do something with respect to improving Hills footy.

The HFL directors and clubs can stand tall and be remembered for showing strength and smart direction - well done!

At least now we can see if Echunga is a formidable opponent in 2015 and whether the other Central clubs are good enough to beat them.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:19 pm

I hope you are correct Legs Man
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Big Country » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:00 pm

I've recently heard that two very influential brothers from central division are going to move to country division to help out there old man with his team.

Reliable source but he didn't give out any names, any one got any ideas?
Big Country
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby 19thman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Big Country wrote:I've recently heard that two very influential brothers from central division are going to move to country division to help out there old man with his team.

Wow so cryptic!
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Rubber Chest » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Big Country wrote:I've recently heard that two very influential brothers from central division are going to move to country division to help out there old man with his team.

Eberts to Onkas to play with the D Eberts best mate???
Rubber Chest
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby 2old2slow » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 am

would most likley be the jenkins boys
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby always there » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:48 am

2old2slow wrote:would most likley be the jenkins boys

Yeah good one. Wouldn't have thought they would move to country when their tigers are doing so well. True tigers through and through. Try starting another rumour. :-p
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Milly » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:21 am

Legs Man wrote:
Kick'n Back wrote:Legsman has gone quite this week has he had his computer confiscated too

Hearing a 12 team comp is on the table with Nairne and Mt lofty up - leaving a 6 team country comp.

It certainly opens up some good options for night games early in the season with many of the clubs now having suitable lighting.

Sensible move by all concerned as it keeps the premier in central and keeps the good facilities in the main competition.

Good to see common sense prevail and the HFL actually do something with respect to improving Hills footy.

The HFL directors and clubs can stand tall and be remembered for showing strength and smart direction - well done!

At least now we can see if Echunga is a formidable opponent in 2015 and whether the other Central clubs are good enough to beat them.

Hi Legs Man, Caro here. You seem to be 'in the know' re Echunga FC, have they become the first club in the history of Australian Rules Football to sack a Back to Back Premiership coach? And for all the one time Echunga posters that have mysteriously just shown up, please don't try and deflect the best HFL scandal in a very long time. This is a beauty!
Under 16s

Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:01 am

^^^^^

Well Milly, you seem to be the one in the know...... how about you share some facts re the sacking. We are waiting to hear all about it then
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby chopper7 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:32 am

Corona Man wrote:^^^^^

Well Milly, you seem to be the one in the know...... how about you share some facts re the sacking. We are waiting to hear all about it then

How about you shed some light then corona man....... You have just popped up out of the blue here, enlighten us with your wisdom!!

I doubt the Jenkin boys would be leaving tigerland anytime soon.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:37 am

I can't shed any light, as I have not heard anything other than what Milly is crapping on about. That's why I am asking for someone to provide some facts on the topic. Sorry for just popping up out of the blue, but I've only just joined the forum. I hope that's not too inconvenient for you blokes!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:46 am

Legs Man wrote:

How does that leave the Country Senior Colts competition?
Meadows
Kersbrook
Birdwood
Kangarilla

2 out of every 5 weeks potentially separated from the rest of the club.
If one of those teams drops out, is the comp viable?
Perhaps the players just get redistributed amongst the Central clubs, they seem to be the focus. Pull up the ladder Jack, I'm alright here!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:01 pm

I think everyone is hearing the same Echunga coaching story I'm hearing and if that is true then no-one will print it on here!

What's this about the great facilities at Echunga. Visitors get changed in an area that is smaller than a dog kennel and I've heard the umpires area is very very small with no shower. So come on Legs man your facilities ain't that great!
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Bassani coaching Echunga and rumours quashed.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Big Country » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 pm

I have heard about the Jenkins boys 'always there' apparently they are pretty handy footballers and both worth chasing, could be a costly loss with what ive read about Zadow and the likes travelling next year.
Big Country
Mini-League

Postby always there » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Big Country wrote:I have heard about the Jenkins boys 'always there' apparently they are pretty handy footballers and both worth chasing, could be a costly loss with what ive read about Zadow and the likes travelling next year.

Zadow has an apprenticeship with etsa so doubtful he will leave that. Jenkin boys will not leave tigers they are both involved in the junior development at the tigers so they will not be let go easy and why would they go to a division in turmoil when they are handy where they are.
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby cracka » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:09 pm

F*** me, been away on a cruise for 10 days, come back into phone range & find more of the same crap on here. Apart from Sedan may be leaving, hope this is true, still praying the annual Blackwood going to SFL rumour will finally come true.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby On The Pine » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Sedan is staying so I'm told - unless the HFL are planning something they don't know about.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy