HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby swingman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:00 pm

chopper7 wrote:
overthehill wrote:Well a close sorce told me Hourigan and Powell (Eagles) had signed for Hahndorf but $900 may only cover them playing until half time!

Interesting OTH.... I have good word as well that Hourigan is suffering from major osteitis and was told by South Adelaide to have a lengthy lay off from the game to get it back on track. South Adelaide certainly aren't happy about hearing he has signed on at another club.

This was South's statement a week or so ago

Darcy Hourigan informed the club recently that he will not be continuing on in 2015, but he would like to keep the door open to make a return in 2016. In 2010 Darcy joined The South Adelaide Football Club, as a Junior and played 15 league games for the club.

“We are disappointed to lose him but understand what he is doing. He had problems with osteitis pubis this season and he couldn’t see himself doing a block in rehab in the pre-season it was just too daunting for him. He needs to get his body right and bounce back hopefully in 2016”, senior coach Brad Gotch said.

Hourigan will play local football in 2015 for Hahndorf Football Club.

Sounds like they knew were he was going to me
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby chopper7 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:01 am

swingman wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
overthehill wrote:Well a close sorce told me Hourigan and Powell (Eagles) had signed for Hahndorf but $900 may only cover them playing until half time!

Interesting OTH.... I have good word as well that Hourigan is suffering from major osteitis and was told by South Adelaide to have a lengthy lay off from the game to get it back on track. South Adelaide certainly aren't happy about hearing he has signed on at another club.

This was South's statement a week or so ago

Darcy Hourigan informed the club recently that he will not be continuing on in 2015, but he would like to keep the door open to make a return in 2016. In 2010 Darcy joined The South Adelaide Football Club, as a Junior and played 15 league games for the club.

“We are disappointed to lose him but understand what he is doing. He had problems with osteitis pubis this season and he couldn’t see himself doing a block in rehab in the pre-season it was just too daunting for him. He needs to get his body right and bounce back hopefully in 2016”, senior coach Brad Gotch said.

Hourigan will play local football in 2015 for Hahndorf Football Club.

Sounds like they knew were he was going to me

Worth all the money for someone with OP though?
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Buster » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Hahndorf need a couple of in's and their juniors to come through, it will be another long season unless they do something quickly. Only time will tell re Hourigan but he should learn from Bauldy at Norwood, what a transformation.
Buster
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby magpiemaster » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:58 pm

MONTE CRISTO wrote:Think he got 2 with 2 suspended. Seems a little inadequate for being found guilty of striking.

100m off the play in the back of the head.....seems rather light.
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:19 am

magpiemaster wrote:
MONTE CRISTO wrote:Think he got 2 with 2 suspended. Seems a little inadequate for being found guilty of striking.

Unless Hahndorf oval is about 250 metres long I think it was only about 50 metres off the play. Regardless it was a dog act & he got off lightly.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby R. White » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:14 am

Uraidla have been handing out cheap shots behind the play for years. They were up to their old tricks and he had enough of it. Definatly wasn't fair and deserved the card and suspension. I think that moment helped Echunga get the win because uraidla all of a sudden knee that they couldn't just bully them into submission. Did the bloke that uraidla bloke that retaliated get any?
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby Legs Man » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:25 am

cracka wrote:
magpiemaster wrote:

Unless Hahndorf oval is about 250 metres long I think it was only about 50 metres off the play. Regardless it was a dog act & he got off lightly.

The incident occurred after an Uraidla player kneed Edmonds in the head just prior.

Understand that it was off the play and in retaliation for the Uraidla act - but the Uraidla king hit after this and the ensuing scuffle was just as bad.

Certainly a turning point in the match after Uraidla had tried to employ it's standard bully tactics.

Grand finals can be won and lost with this type of incident - and Echunga came out on top this time.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Can a cap on player payments work?? Not likely. But it will help.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/foot ... 7113405642
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Can a cap on player payments work?? Not likely. But it will help.

If players had to sign a stat dec as well it could work.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Red Rocket » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:Can a cap on player payments work?? Not likely. But it will help.

Wont work, too many ways around it.
Ive been at clubs in the past where the players dont get paid a cent by the club but supporters like myself would catch up with the lads and hand over a wad of cash. Or you get people to employ footballers, my daughter works in a place down town that employs a couple of SANFL blokes and she hasnt ever seen them at work in the 2 1/2 years she has been there yet they get payslips each week.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Load of crap all driven by the amateur league clubs and SANFL
Make the cap $1000 a game would be a sensible option for country clubs. If they dont want to set it that high abolish the points system. The point system was also driven by the same organisations and all that did was push the price up. Country clubs will find a way to beat the plebs from the city as in my experience country clubs are far more professionally run than the city clubs
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby has been » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:14 pm

There is one easy way to police the salary cap issue - STOP PAYING these mercinaries the ridiculous amounts they want. NONE of them (Not one) are worth it. The clubs can put a stop to it. MOST of these guys are has beens (pardon the pun) or guys now too old for SANFL or AFL or not quite dedicated or good enough for ressies or just want to play with their mates. As a sponsor of a certain club in central I wont be putting a cent in if I see what they are mentioning transpire. They aint gonna piss my hard earned up against a wall anymore.................... I know some of the other sponsors feel the same way....................... see how smart they are hey..... our club is not the only one. I would rather come last go back to country than pay these clowns my money. I speak to many sponsors at other clubs and they are feeling the same way lately. The Echunga example is just proof of their stupidity when 6 weeks out the money ran out.................................. uh uh uh uh.........
has been
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:22 pm

has been wrote:There is one easy way to police the salary cap issue - STOP PAYING these mercinaries the ridiculous amounts they want. NONE of them (Not one) are worth it. The clubs can put a stop to it. MOST of these guys are has beens (pardon the pun) or guys now too old for SANFL or AFL or not quite dedicated or good enough for ressies or just want to play with their mates. As a sponsor of a certain club in central I wont be putting a cent in if I see what they are mentioning transpire. They aint gonna piss my hard earned up against a wall anymore.................... I know some of the other sponsors feel the same way....................... see how smart they are hey..... our club is not the only one. I would rather come last go back to country than pay these clowns my money. I speak to many sponsors at other clubs and they are feeling the same way lately. The Echunga example is just proof of their stupidity when 6 weeks out the money ran out.................................. uh uh uh uh.........

In your opinion they are not worth it, however there are clubs out there who do think they are worth it. Simple economics.

As a sponsor you obviously run a business, do I have a right to say your product is not worth what you are asking? Absolutely. Do I have the right to force you to sell it to me for what I think its worth? No

Worth is measured by the point where someone is willing to pay and receive
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby has been » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:45 pm

LGIL knew you would bite. I actually run a very successful well known business that has been established 15 years. There is a saying a fool and his money are soon parted. Your club are obviously foolish as is the predicament they have themselves in. If you have to pay or are willing to pay these clowns the money your club does pity you. What do you get out of it ..... a h.......... on ??? Simple minds.
has been
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:57 pm

has been wrote:LGIL knew you would bite. I actually run a very successful well known business that has been established 15 years. There is a saying a fool and his money are soon parted. Your club are obviously foolish as is the predicament they have themselves in. If you have to pay or are willing to pay these clowns the money your club does pity you. What do you get out of it ..... a h.......... on ??? Simple minds.

I never said I agree with some of the money being thrown around, what I disagree with more however is self appointed gods in the city where there is an abundance of players, dictating to clubs in small country towns about how much they can entice players with. For some of these towns the football club is the only real social and entertainment activity that is available. The people living there do not have masses of restaurants, nightclubs, AFL games etc to spend their money, rather they invest their money in the local team instead of just relying on the locals. How dare we suggest that they should give up their club as some are suggesting.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby has been » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:35 am

LGIL I agree with most of what you say re the town scenario. What we need do is invest in other things in the community rather than spend all the money on these mercinaries. If all the clubs had the same mantra it would stop. Unfortunately it is hard for some clubs to see past winning an A grade flag at all costs as the pinnacle and sole success. I note some leagues around country areas have a rule which says each club can only have 2 imports and must have 19 locals - a local is a player that has been at the club for at 3 years as a senior or a returning junior. This scenario may help. I know our club has very good locals and we played 18 in our last 2 games this year. Our problem is the recruits are duds. It would be interesting to look club by club who where the really good recruits in season 2014. Obviously your club had some good ones. Interesting topic.
has been
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:08 am

has been wrote:There is one easy way to police the salary cap issue - STOP PAYING these mercinaries the ridiculous amounts they want. NONE of them (Not one) are worth it. The clubs can put a stop to it. MOST of these guys are has beens (pardon the pun) or guys now too old for SANFL or AFL or not quite dedicated or good enough for ressies or just want to play with their mates. As a sponsor of a certain club in central I wont be putting a cent in if I see what they are mentioning transpire. They aint gonna piss my hard earned up against a wall anymore.................... I know some of the other sponsors feel the same way....................... see how smart they are hey..... our club is not the only one. I would rather come last go back to country than pay these clowns my money. I speak to many sponsors at other clubs and they are feeling the same way lately. The Echunga example is just proof of their stupidity when 6 weeks out the money ran out.................................. uh uh uh uh.........

Typical has been uneducated and uninformed statement re Echunga.

Recruited strategically and the best of any club plus got the reward.
Have invested money in facilities and juniors.
All players that were paid have received their much deserved remuneration.
Have some handy players wanting to come to the club and play in 2015 - with 2 zero points A grade players also returning.

Please put your hand up on behalf of your club and go back to country div as you have stated.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:29 pm

has been wrote: I note some leagues around country areas have a rule which says each club can only have 2 imports and must have 19 locals - a local is a player that has been at the club for at 3 years as a senior or a returning junior.

Which leagues have this rule?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby swingman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:50 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
has been wrote: I note some leagues around country areas have a rule which says each club can only have 2 imports and must have 19 locals - a local is a player that has been at the club for at 3 years as a senior or a returning junior.

Yeah I think the NBL and A League have an international import rule like that, not sure about country footy though
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Have never heard of this rule also. Liked a previous poster's idea of having 14 locals and only 7 imports, that may be workable.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy