HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:44 pm

I couldn't imagine this will finish here, im assuming Echunga will now take legal action?

I for one actually have no issue with the By laws, cos I don't think country footy should be about just one grade and it is important for the club to be strong overall. However, in saying that I reckon Echunga have been dealt a poor hand here, firstly they had bugger all time to prepare for their entry into central division and then you have the poorly officiated situation with torrens valley getting extra point and them getting to play home games at their oval which was a big advantage (I know you should get an advantage playing at home but anyone that played at Torrens valley last year understands how crazy it was). Personally, I think a club should be given a year free from relegation once they come up so they have the ability to develop and further enhance their overall club, Which in my opinion Echunga didn't have the chance to do.

BTW Chopper what happened to stribling and Co coming to Lobethal? been reading on other forums they are going to other leauges.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:48 pm

R. White wrote:Looks like a legal battle is on the cards. Just can't imagine Echunga losing it. If the law does not state that finals are excluded then it will be hard for any judge to rule that Echunga should be relegated.
I know I've said it before but the solution is simple. The clubs should not have been voting on an 11 team comp, they should have been voting on who gets relegated. Fairly sure that would be an easy vote.
Was it a secret ballot or can someone enlighten us on which clubs voted for the 11 team comp?

The vote was either to agree with Echunga on the relegation point system including finals or to disagree and side with the hfl on whether it was only minor round games. The vote does not take into account who may be relegated in place of Echunga or whether the central division became an 11 team comp. Very simple vote which resulted in most of the clubs that make up the HFL all agreeing that their understanding of the rules was it didn't include finals
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby chopper7 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:02 pm

batmanbegins wrote:I couldn't imagine this will finish here, im assuming Echunga will now take legal action?

I for one actually have no issue with the By laws, cos I don't think country footy should be about just one grade and it is important for the club to be strong overall. However, in saying that I reckon Echunga have been dealt a poor hand here, firstly they had bugger all time to prepare for their entry into central division and then you have the poorly officiated situation with torrens valley getting extra point and them getting to play home games at their oval which was a big advantage (I know you should get an advantage playing at home but anyone that played at Torrens valley last year understands how crazy it was). Personally, I think a club should be given a year free from relegation once they come up so they have the ability to develop and further enhance their overall club, Which in my opinion Echunga didn't have the chance to do.

BTW Chopper what happened to stribling and Co coming to Lobethal? been reading on other forums they are going to other leauges.

G'day batman, I believe what has happened is another club opened up their huge cheque book and offered Stribling something he couldn't refuse. Stribling may be gone but the Co are still in the pipeline. Either way tigers still looking alright.

I really hope it doesn't come to an 11 team comp, that would almost certainly push country div to it's death. IMO i think Torrens Valley should be going done purely because no one wants them up in central. If that doesn't happen then I think we may need to follow the rules and unfortunately Echunga are in the gun.
Speaking of Torrens Valley, I wonder how gumeracha are feeling after one of their home grown talents takes off again chasing cash... This time at the mountain lions.....
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Peakedinhighschool wrote:
R. White wrote:Looks like a legal battle is on the cards. Just can't imagine Echunga losing it. If the law does not state that finals are excluded then it will be hard for any judge to rule that Echunga should be relegated.
I know I've said it before but the solution is simple. The clubs should not have been voting on an 11 team comp, they should have been voting on who gets relegated. Fairly sure that would be an easy vote.
Was it a secret ballot or can someone enlighten us on which clubs voted for the 11 team comp?

The vote was either to agree with Echunga on the relegation point system including finals or to disagree and side with the hfl on whether it was only minor round games. The vote does not take into account who may be relegated in place of Echunga or whether the central division became an 11 team comp. Very simple vote which resulted in most of the clubs that make up the HFL all agreeing that their understanding of the rules was it didn't include finals

What a clusterf***!
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby rock » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:06 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

What a clusterf***!

Not really LGIL. I believe common sense took precedent :)
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:33 am

Plenty of people from other leagues including Hills love taking pot shots at the SFL, but what has happened in the HFL the past two off-seasons has been the mother of all balls ups. People may argue that the points system doesn't include finals but the same people who approved the by-law probably also assumed that a club in line for relegation wouldn't be an A grade finalist let alone Premier. The irony is that if Echunga knew they were replacing Mt Lofty in Central a lot sooner they probably could have got better organised with their other grades and may not have recruited as heavily as a quicker fix to at least ensure their A grade would be competitive. So they may have finished middle of the road in A grade but done enough lower down to stay in Central.

I think some of the established Central clubs should be looking at themselves hard in the mirror rather than voting out Echunga. Pretty sad reflection on the rest of the clubs that a club who's B grade was winless with 17% could still be allowed to a win an A grade flag. Bridgewater has won 14 games in 5 seasons. How on earth have they managed to stay in Central regardless of some poxy points system that seems to allow clubs to save their skin on the back of picking up some cheap points in the junior grades. With so many good junior players being restricted from playing club footy due to college or SANFL commitments then junior wins are not necessarily a true reflection of a clubs overall junior strength particularly as many of those college and SANFL lads will hopefully filter back as full time club players when they are 18 or 19.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:27 am

Thats what I thought the vote was about as well.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby R. White » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:06 am

I apolagize. I did not realise that was actually what the clubs were voting on. With that being said, any club that voted for Echunga to be relegated is weak as p***! No one gave Echunga a chance of winning a game this year and they proved everyone wrong and now the idiots in charge of the competing clubs are sucking on sour grapes! Yes the b grade was poor but who really gives a sh*t. They will obviously get stronger the longer they stay up. Get real, grow some balls and send tv back. Simple. Don't send Echunga back coz you are too scared they might show your clubs how to do things better.
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 am

R. White wrote:I apolagize. I did not realise that was actually what the clubs were voting on. With that being said, any club that voted for Echunga to be relegated is weak as p***! No one gave Echunga a chance of winning a game this year and they proved everyone wrong and now the idiots in charge of the competing clubs are sucking on sour grapes! Yes the b grade was poor but who really gives a sh*t. They will obviously get stronger the longer they stay up. Get real, grow some balls and send tv back. Simple. Don't send Echunga back coz you are too scared they might show your clubs how to do things better.

Wasn't neccesarilly a vote against Echunga the club, it was a vote against Echunga changing the interpretation of the rules. I agree with most though, that for the betterment of the comp it should be TV getting relegated.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Banker » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 am

Wow! Central div club presidents vote in favour of increasing their chances of a 2015 premiership.

In other breaking news, the sun came up this morning.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby StickyFingers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:07 am

Most country div clubs voted the same way... It wasn't about clubs 'not wanting to play against Echunga'.
The overwhelming majority simply disagreed with Echungas new interpretation of the bylaw.
StickyFingers

Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Panther » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:32 am

Will this symbol appear in the record books along side the name of the 2015 premiers, representing the fact that they didn't have to win a premiership against the reigning premiers.

Premierships are great no matter what , but I would think in order to be the best you would want to beat the best.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:54 am

The Panther wrote:*****

Will this symbol appear in the record books along side the name of the 2015 premiers, representing the fact that they didn't have to win a premiership against the reigning premiers.

Premierships are great no matter what , but I would think in order to be the best you would want to beat the best.

SAAFL would have an asterix against every single premiership if that was the case!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 am

Dutchy wrote:

SAAFL would have an asterix against every single premiership if that was the case!

Are Goodwood Saints being relegated?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:01 am

Ill add my own

*apart from Div 1
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby chopper7 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:02 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Are Goodwood Saints being relegated?

No but div 2,3,4,5,6,7 clubs are being promoted, good point dutchy I'm with you there.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby overthehill » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:17 am

Are you comparing the Echunga Football Club to the Goodwood Saints Football Club?
overthehill
Rookie

Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby heater31 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 am

overthehill wrote:Are you comparing the Echunga Football Club to the Goodwood Saints Football Club?

In terms of a Football League relegating the previous season's top division premiers then yes. The joke is on the HFL for this farcical situation for the past 2 seasons. People think the SFL have issues....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby atlantis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:16 am

Yeah if only the HFL were a smart league like the SFL we'd just have one big 19 team division. That way everyone is the winner.................. SMFH
atlantis

Been liked: 0 time

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:40 am

heater31 wrote:
overthehill wrote:Are you comparing the Echunga Football Club to the Goodwood Saints Football Club?

In terms of a Football League relegating the previous season's top division premiers then yes. The joke is on the HFL for this farcical situation for the past 2 seasons. People think the SFL have issues....

All leagues have issues that seem ridiculous, even SAAFL.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy