HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:38 pm

redsox wrote:I guess Bridgewater will now have to come up with $$$$$$ to get their own QC.

Or all the clubs agree to an one-off 11 team comp to make it all go away
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby citycoaster17 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:03 am

Or, leave it as it is this year, no promotion or relegation would probably be the fairest way. Sort out the rules and back to it next year.
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:44 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
redsox wrote:I guess Bridgewater will now have to come up with $$$$$$ to get their own QC.

Or common sense prevails and Echunga stay up....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:49 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:

Or common sense prevails and Echunga stay up....

That is going to happen, the question is if Bridgewater become collateral damage or not. Hence why they should all agree for one season of 11 teams.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Pag » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:23 am

As an outsider, I really do think the HFL have set themselves up here. They promote clubs based solely on A-Grade performance, then relegate based on the success of the whole club. Until they work out which one they value more, and promote and relegate on the same criteria, then they'll continue have issues with this in the future.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Alaska » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:34 am

Pag wrote:As an outsider, I really do think the HFL have set themselves up here. They promote clubs based solely on A-Grade performance, then relegate based on the success of the whole club. Until they work out which one they value more, and promote and relegate on the same criteria, then they'll continue have issues with this in the future.

The reason they are doing this as 7 of the clubs in Country cannot field all junior teams so they would not get the points for the teams they cannot put on the park. The prerequisite for Central is to have all junior teams so they are measured on that for the season.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Legs Man » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:32 am

Hi everyone - been over a week and it seems a lot is happening.

After the debacle surrounding relegation at the end of the 2013 season who would have thought we would all be enduring this AGAIN - albeit at a greater level.

Does this not say something to all involved in hills football?

11 teams in 2015 is the only sensible and equitable outcome with Mt Lofty wanting a return to Central division.

This will then allow the competition and its rules and structure to be revamped prior 2016.

I only hope that the clubs, who have a determining influence regarding the current situation, have the best interest of hills footy overall as their primary focus - and are backed by the HFL in achieving this.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:36 am

Why don't they have an 11 team comp in central and have a 7 or 8 team country div permanently? Surely the country teams are sick of the relegated central team coming down and taking the piss before they request promotion again. That would give more teams a chance in country winning a flag.

Has that situation ever been discussed before?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Tanka » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:23 am

Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country - SIMPLE!!
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 am

Tanka wrote:Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

The clubs set the by-laws every year and then vote on any amendments/full scale changes as needed. The HFL are there to observe and govern by the laws set down by the clubs. You and your club know this - as do all other clubs.

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -*STUPID!!

edited for accuracy ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby The Gimp » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:44 am

mighty hounds wrote:Why don't they have an 11 team comp in central and have a 7 or 8 team country div permanently? Surely the country teams are sick of the relegated central team coming down and taking the piss before they request promotion again. That would give more teams a chance in country winning a flag.

Hasn't happened before as far as I'm aware, so no the country clubs aren't sick of it. Mt Lofty were the first for at least 10 yrs that I know of.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:45 am

mighty hounds wrote:Why don't they have an 11 team comp in central and have a 7 or 8 team country div permanently? Surely the country teams are sick of the relegated central team coming down and taking the piss before they request promotion again. That would give more teams a chance in country winning a flag.

The only issue with this is you will need a 22 week season for each team to play each other twice. For a one off season to sort this out I am sure you could live with shortening that to 18 weeks and each team playing 16 games (not doubling up with 4 clubs) but ongoing I not sure it would be desirable.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:46 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Tanka wrote:Legs Man please stop preaching to all involved in Hills Football regarding debacles involving promotion and relegation - we are all sick of it. Your club has pi$$ed off most others with your actions!!

I don't want to start you off again on another crap rant or attack as we have all read your posts for far too long now. This is nothing to do with the HFL! We all knew the rules - the bottom CLUB is relegated from Central whenever the top TEAM seeks promotion - this is how you got into Central in the first place - by these same rules which your club is now in court trying to change!! If Kersbrook had have won last years GF your club would still be in Central as they have no interest in playing in Central. Lofty win - your CLUB is the WEAKEST overall so you go back to Country -*STUPID!!

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Alaska » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:54 am

Different clubs have different agendas. It is the decline in junior participation that is driving all these issues. Nairne would dearly love to join Central as well, for the benefit of its juniors. Echunga want their juniors to have a game so they have made the move to go up. Last year the reason Mt Lofty was upset was because of what potentially could happen to its juniors. Look at what has happened to Birdwood who had a great junior program once they were relegated a few years ago (not without a fight and QC threats I may add).

The issue is not new the crux of the issue is the juniors and this is where I disagree with the HFL we have had good under 12 numbers for years but this does not translate to numbers to fill 19 Under 17 teams. It will not fix itself.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:58 am

Alaska wrote:
Pag wrote:As an outsider, I really do think the HFL have set themselves up here. They promote clubs based solely on A-Grade performance, then relegate based on the success of the whole club. Until they work out which one they value more, and promote and relegate on the same criteria, then they'll continue have issues with this in the future.

The reason they are doing this as 7 of the clubs in Country cannot field all junior teams so they would not get the points for the teams they cannot put on the park. The prerequisite for Central is to have all junior teams so they are measured on that for the season.

If 7 clubs dont have the full compliment of teams then they shouldn't even be thinking of Central div so I dont think it matters if to get promoted it should be based on whole of club results. If it was the rule, Echunga wouldn't have been able to nominate to go up at the end of 2013.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:04 am

Alaska wrote:

Different clubs have different agendas. It is the decline in junior participation that is driving all these issues. Nairne would dearly love to join Central as well, for the benefit of its juniors. Echunga want their juniors to have a game so they have made the move to go up. Last year the reason Mt Lofty was upset was because of what potentially could happen to its juniors. Look at what has happened to Birdwood who had a great junior program once they were relegated a few years ago (not without a fight and QC threats I may add).

The issue is not new the crux of the issue is the juniors and this is where I disagree with the HFL we have had good under 12 numbers for years but this does not translate to numbers to fill 19 Under 17 teams. It will not fix itself.

100% correct. The real issue of why clubs dont want to be in country div is because of lack of junior sides. If anyone has a decent sure fire solution that will help all clubs, please do tell.
cracka
Veteran

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

edited for accuracy ;)

Its not stupid, it actually promotes a league that worries about all grades rather than just the A grade which is short sighted and ridiculous in my opinion. There are other reasons why echunga should stay up as ive already stated, but the rules arent crazy and echunga knew the rules before they come up and they actually agreed to them.

It is Stupid, no doubt you are from one of the BIG clubs that dont have to worry about ever being relegated because your population guarantees that, Or you are from TV who were short on juniors so the HFL allowed you permits for overagers thus distorting these results and allowing you to stay up much like the extra points given to TV.
If u want relegation to work you have to have an equal playing field where ALL clubs are treated exactly the same
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:08 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

edited for accuracy ;)

It is Stupid, no doubt you are from one of the BIG clubs that dont have to worry about ever being relegated because your population guarantees that, Or you are from TV who were short on juniors so the HFL allowed you permits for overagers thus distorting these results and allowing you to stay up much like the extra points given to TV.
If u want relegation to work you have to have an equal playing field where ALL clubs are treated exactly the same

Now I know there's something wrong if you & WUB12 are on the same side. :D
cracka
Veteran

Postby has been » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey Legs man here is one for you. Believe a few phone calls made today between HFL clubs re a special AGM excluding Echunga for next week where they will vote to kick them out of the league altogether. Lets see what value your injunction does then legs man. Not a lot I would suspect. There are a lot of angry clubs out there. At least Birdwood respected the constitution in their circumstance. Will be an interesting week or so ahead.
has been
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:02 pm

has been wrote:Hey Legs man here is one for you. Believe a few phone calls made today between HFL clubs re a special AGM excluding Echunga for next week where they will vote to kick them out of the league altogether. Lets see what value your injunction does then legs man. Not a lot I would suspect. There are a lot of angry clubs out there. At least Birdwood respected the constitution in their circumstance. Will be an interesting week or so ahead.

If true then its a bigger case of sour grapes than the relegation saga!

Talk about pick up your bat and ball and running home to mummy crying......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy