River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:36 am

Monopoly Man wrote:Fidgey the greatest of them all run out of ammo for bagging opposition players midway through the year ... Too many soft players against a team full of desperate and hard "locals" haha

I thought Grasshopper would have claimed his reward but he must still be partying pretty hard!

I thought I'd better get a couple of hours sleep before I posted haha. Yes what an amazing win it was Saturday and to be able to bury them in the end was ever so pleasing. Yes the roosters have some good blokes in there team, but there coaching panel is a joke. And as many others on here have said before. Does any substance ever come out of fidges mouth? Or is it just bagging and abuse to opposition players. He clearly had one game plan though as Fentons head was nearly removed several times throughout the day, but no one even did that properly, he still amassed 44 possies and winning the way we did, when there's a coach carrying on the way he does. Gee it's sweet. And our boys thrive on it, if he couldn't pick that up.

This premiership is so significant to so many people, and something the whole club has been hungry for, for a long time now. No doubt recruiting the right players in this year has been a massive part of this. But a team full of best mates on and off the field goes a bloody long way.

I thought Jervois hosted the GF very well. Huge crowd, good food, cold beer and we had a massive support base present.

Meningie Bears Premiers 2014
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Ramrod » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:26 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:Fidgey the greatest of them all run out of ammo for bagging opposition players midway through the year ... Too many soft players against a team full of desperate and hard "locals" haha

I thought Grasshopper would have claimed his reward but he must still be partying pretty hard!

I thought I'd better get a couple of hours sleep before I posted haha. Yes what an amazing win it was Saturday and to be able to bury them in the end was ever so pleasing. Yes the roosters have some good blokes in there team, but there coaching panel is a joke. And as many others on here have said before. Does any substance ever come out of fidges mouth? Or is it just bagging and abuse to opposition players. He clearly had one game plan though as Fentons head was nearly removed several times throughout the day, but no one even did that properly, he still amassed 44 possies and winning the way we did, when there's a coach carrying on the way he does. Gee it's sweet. And our boys thrive on it, if he couldn't pick that up.

This premiership is so significant to so many people, and something the whole club has been hungry for, for a long time now. No doubt recruiting the right players in this year has been a massive part of this. But a team full of best mates on and off the field goes a bloody long way.

I thought Jervois hosted the GF very well. Huge crowd, good food, cold beer and we had a massive support base present.

Meningie Bears Premiers 2014

Yep Congrats to the Bears. Very well deserved. Couldn't Agree more with your above Comment about Fidge, He is no good at all. Gameplan non Existent, Was thoroughly Out coached by Moore Who did a fantastic job. You have to Wonder if Fidge will be there next year? Cant see him being there, the only thing he would inspire me to do if i was still playing would be stay in the changerooms and have a sleep.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Monopoly Man » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Yep Fidge didn't come across well at all. Another interesting development will be Browny and Mypo! And Coulter. Jervoi$ were supposed to win the flag at the start of the year!
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Ramrod » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:Yep Fidge didn't come across well at all. Another interesting development will be Browny and Mypo! And Coulter. Jervoi$ were supposed to win the flag at the start of the year!

After this Year. I can only see one coach being safe at the moment which is Obviously Moore. Fidge has to go, Brown has to go, Mypo to good not to play in the GF. Who knows whats happening at Mannum. My sources say Coulter is Gone. We wont Change. Interesting times ahead.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:Yep Fidge didn't come across well at all. Another interesting development will be Browny and Mypo! And Coulter. Jervoi$ were supposed to win the flag at the start of the year!

After this Year. I can only see one coach being safe at the moment which is Obviously Moore. Fidge has to go, Brown has to go, Mypo to good not to play in the GF. Who knows whats happening at Mannum. My sources say Coulter is Gone. We wont Change. Interesting times ahead.

Coulther has resigned and sheedy to coach Mannum is a done deal too.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Hall sacked?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby Rough » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:06 pm

The only thing relative to Hall and sacked is you would give your left sack to have him coach your club and your kids.
not sure if he's going or not but if he is heading back to town it is on his own terms.
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Rough wrote:The only thing relative to Hall and sacked is you would give your left sack to have him coach your club and your kids.
not sure if he's going or not but if he is heading back to town it is on his own terms.

I just found it strange that Sheedy is confirmed and there's no mention of Hall even leaving ... Going somewhere else perhaps?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby Rough » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:08 pm

I have this over whelming desire to pull you up MM on what exactly has been confirmed and at which MFC official function it was announced then I remember we are on the Safooty Forum. If it's on the internet it must be true.
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby gun onballer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:44 am

mypo losses-geno bordertown or keith
-lemo going back to keith
-kowald out for year with shoulder injury
-martin should retire or play b grade
-occonell back to his home club
-Jacob offered less money by the club I assume will look else were

ins-adam eckerman
-hooper brother maybe

good luck in 2015
gun onballer

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lameroo

Postby Tiger83 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:29 am

Rough wrote:The only thing relative to Hall and sacked is you would give your left sack to have him coach your club and your kids.

Where do he live?? back in Adelaide???
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Dictator » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Tiger83 wrote:

Where do he live?? back in Adelaide???

Adelaide boy. Lives in the Bay I believe.
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby The Dictator » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:29 pm

A lot of whispers of big names leaving the league. Clayton confirmed gone, will be missed. Hearing Meningie have a few on the way out also. Same story every year - expect most clubs to lose 3-4 get 3-4
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Pech back to Angaston in the BLG?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Sheedy new coach of Athelstone, can the last one to leave Mannum shut the gate. Cheers.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1662 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby The.big.dawg » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:11 pm

Bit quiet on here of late, any news ??

Robinson 100% gone from mypo signed with bordertown.
Matty hodge rumoured to be playing down south east too.
Both on good $$
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby Monopoly Man » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:37 pm

The.big.dawg wrote:Bit quiet on here of late, any news ??

Robinson 100% gone from mypo signed with bordertown.
Matty hodge rumoured to be playing down south east too.
Both on good $$

I can cover this all in one. Robinson GONE on huge $ and a few others are leaving. Browny still hasn't lost his job :shock: Lukey Harrowfield hopefully back in Blue land along with a bottle of port and a couple others. Meningie are telling everyone they've lost plenty but who would leave pelican park when you're on $1400 a game. Jervois have turned into a bigger basket case then Tailem and will lose Hodge. Mannum apparently have lost a few, though they were lucky to lose Sheedy and Clayton before a nursing home took them. Ramblers will admire their first half of the season and pat each other on the back and style their hair and get spray tans. Liam to come back from summer only to realise his hair is all gone and his attempts to salvage it are fruitless. Tailem can only improve or can they?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby GWW » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:07 pm

How are Meningie's points allocation going to be affected by their premiership win?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby The.big.dawg » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:11 pm

Haven't seen robinson play but have heard from the encounter bay A grade captain that he can play,
Is he worth the $$??
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby Pag » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Fenton re-signed at Meningie.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times