Aldinga Sharks Forum

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby The Cadet » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Who is the new coach for the Sharks, is it just a caretakers role for the season or is he the man to guide them for a few years.
The Cadet
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby jumbo » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 pm

I'm hearing a former captain is looking at taking the reigns.
jumbo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:20 pm

jumbo wrote:I'm hearing a former captain is looking at taking the reigns.

Yeah, and this would be my reaction if he did:

lord tywin is not amused.png
lord tywin is not amused.png (277.83 KiB) Viewed 4765 times
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby the red baron » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Any more info there jumbo ? They have had a few captains over the years !
the red baron
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby Goal side » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:

Fisho, just wondering if you know if it's true but a few Agrade senior players have told me that the ex Agrade coach who played reserves last year was told during the wk by your prez, no thanks for coming back to coach?? These players weren't very happy...!
Goal side
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:44 pm

Goal side wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:

Fisho, just wondering if you know if it's true but a few Agrade senior players have told me that the ex Agrade coach who played reserves last year was told during the wk by your prez, no thanks for coming back to coach?? These players weren't very happy...!

Check your inbox GS
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Animus » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Is there any chance of getting a positive article in the press, emphasis on the good crop of juniors, expanding population and generally putting a good spin on things for the future?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Well, seeing as the issue has made the national news along with the caption 'Is This Australia's Worst Footy Coach', I think we'd better bloody do something in that line before Today Tonight shows up! :?
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:54 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Well, seeing as the issue has made the national news along with the caption 'Is This Australia's Worst Footy Coach', I think we'd better bloody do something in that line before Today Tonight shows up! :?

:shock: Are you serious? that's a bit harsh!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Well, seeing as the issue has made the national news along with the caption 'Is This Australia's Worst Footy Coach', I think we'd better bloody do something in that line before Today Tonight shows up! :?

Yeah, news.com.au took the original article out of the Tiser and added their own caption. :roll: There was a follow-up article in the Sunday Mail that has since been circulated on Fox Footy with stupid bee puns, because one of our boys was stung in the throat during the A grade game two days ago.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:13 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Yeah, news.com.au took the original article out of the Tiser and added their own caption. :roll: There was a follow-up article in the Sunday Mail that has since been circulated on Fox Footy with stupid bee puns, because one of our boys was stung in the throat during the A grade game two days ago.

"Like the old lady that swallowed a fly, we don’t know why he swallowed that ... bee."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sports ... 6883757674

Quality journalism there :roll:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Hopefully some better publicity for the club this week as the Footy Show actually has an interest in promoting grassroots footy, unlike News Ltd evidently. :-" Tune in this Thursday. Club prez will also be on Triple M radio tomorrow @ 8:40am.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby afc9798 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:Hopefully some better publicity for the club this week as the Footy Show actually has an interest in promoting grassroots footy, unlike News Ltd evidently. :-" Tune in this Thursday. Club prez will also be on Triple M radio tomorrow @ 8:40am.

I think you'll find that what the Footy Show has an interest in is even cheaper laughs than News Ltd. That aside it's good publicity for the club and could engender some support for a team that's hit hard times. I wish Aldinga the best in trying to get back on track. Has a lot going for it down there, just needs the right people to take advantage and foster the kids through from 14's to senior footy, as that's where they drop off.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby rodney fox » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:17 pm

I personally think it is a pretty weak position of the club to throw the old coach under the bus, although I do understand trying to save their own reputation (what’s left of it) and sacrificing him the way they did. Those know my involvement previously and I have seen this cycle and exact position before, even with the same style radio publicity and pledging to the clubs position is only a fault of a few.

I think the avoidance of the real issues of people involved is sad to see, the previous coach and coaches before them, have worked tirelessly only for the club to be in the same position still. Why is that? I can tell you now that the club knew they were going to need to pay players to regain interest for 2013 and beyond, and that the sacked coach was given a budget, yes? Then with this budget he brings players in (wether they are the right fit or not is his decision as appointed by the club). Certain people were not paid by the club, not the coach, and this caused unrest in some quality footballers who then decided to leave the club. A repetitive cycle that a few in wrong positions or that do not understand the entire workings of a club (or football community in general) put into positions when they are all too willing to try save face and have no respect for people they initially employed to help build the club back up.

If deflecting the attention elsewhere is how they want to get back then that’s one way, I personally believe investing properly in the kids and building respect from the whole football community would be a better start. Treating people the way you would want to be treated comes to mind, I hope one day Aldinga does return to success just not like the way they are currently trying to achieve it.
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby happilyretired » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:46 pm

I, like many, saw the footy show last night. Don't think it was that fantastic for Aldinga to be honest. It seems they laughed at the club.

How long had the president been there? Having never met him or heard of him before he appeared he wasn't that old.

Is he an ex player or is he external from the club?

They say the fish rots from the head
happilyretired
Rookie

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm

happilyretired wrote:I, like many, saw the footy show last night. Don't think it was that fantastic for Aldinga to be honest. It seems they laughed at the club.

How long had the president been there? Having never met him or heard of him before he appeared he wasn't that old.

you've never met him or heard of him before but you throw out an accusation like the bolded sentence :roll:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby 1919 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:36 pm

happilyretired wrote:I, like many, saw the footy show last night. Don't think it was that fantastic for Aldinga to be honest. It seems they laughed at the club.

Ignorant comment .............from my observations and having met him a few times over the past couple of years, he's a long term club person who does all he can to steer the club in the right direction.
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby happilyretired » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Probably an unfair statement the last part, when there's nothing to base it on

I'm just saying the coach seems to have taken the full wrap but surely he's not the only one that should take some blame?

Normally presidents have some say on player payments etc at a local level.

I am assuming Aldinga are paying players

Lets face it, this is not the first year Aldinga have been terrible and uncompetitive. It's been a decade+ of really poor results

Hackham seem to be able to improve but not the sharks.

I just hope for Aldingas sake and the competition they do improve and the call to the locals etc works and they can get some players and improve. Would be nice to be still able to play and head down to fill a number myself
happilyretired
Rookie

Postby Turbo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 pm

1919 wrote:

Ignorant comment .............from my observations and having met him a few times over the past couple of years, he's a long term club person who does all he can to steer the club in the right direction.

Totally agree. Quality bloke!
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 pm

How long has Ali been at Aldinga?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times