Aldinga Sharks Forum

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Postby spot on » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:25 pm

I fail to see or understand how all this media hype is going to fix the on field problem. Shane Crawford playing one game will make no difference, all it will do is get more media attention.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:16 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:Well, I've just seen the Tiser's latest - a proposed AFL curtainraiser vs Kilburn. I was still digesting that when I saw the accompanying photo - it's my other half dressed up in a Port Power jumper. What the f*** is going on?!

As per the SFL Constitution:
25 i) No club shall at any time arrange or play any match (other than such matches as are officially arranged by the League) without the express permission of the League being first being obtained.
25 ii) The provision of 25 i) of this rule shall not apply to practise matches to be played before the opening matches of the League Season and which are played between teams from the same club or with teams from within the League or teams from another League.

The league has to put an end to this circus, no way should they allow Aldinga to cancel or reschedule their programmed game against Edwardstown (or any other round) in order to play a demonstration game that is only going to bring further embarrassment to our league. We do not want one of our member clubs playing off in a joke game to decide who is the worst team in the state. Piss off Port Adelaide and keep your nose out of our league.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby vics01 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:22 am

I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8 ) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made
Last edited by vics01 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Goal side » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:55 am

Good to see the pres put his can of beer down for his photo shot the other wk!!! Wonder how many cans he will walk around with today with the media at the game? Great look for your club ;) hope he but them down when he rang the coach to sack him!!!
Goal side
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby Courtney Fish » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:20 am

vics01 wrote:I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made

The whole circus is not a great advertisement for the League, juniors playing that day or not. And one club will be dragged into it with no say in it.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:39 am

geeze cant have media attention... we dont wanna put a club on the map or anything omg

communities getting around a little battler, geeze how dare they
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:35 pm

vics01 wrote:I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8 ) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made

Would be good if some of the proceeds also go to Lonsdale who are doing it just as tough without all the fanfare.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby fisho mcspaz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:23 pm

MatteeG wrote:
vics01 wrote:I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8 ) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made

Would be good if some of the proceeds also go to Lonsdale who are doing it just as tough without all the fanfare.

I agree. Hopefully we can work something out in that regard.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby fisho mcspaz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:46 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
MatteeG wrote:

I agree. Hopefully we can work something out in that regard.

(By that, I mean I'll bring it up the next time I'm down at the club. I reckon it's a really good idea.)
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Animus » Tue May 06, 2014 5:23 pm

So what's the latest on the 'Crawf' game at Aldinga?

will there be a full day of games?

Is anyone from here going down for a look?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed May 14, 2014 9:49 am

Putting all the Crawford stuff aside, why don't Aldinga look at joining the Hills Country Division? It's a Div 2 competition and they'd be far more competitive in that league. It might be worth making contact with the HFL as there is some restructuring of the divisions on the table at the moment. Something to think about isn't it!
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:Putting all the Crawford stuff aside, why don't Aldinga look at joining the Hills Country Division? It's a Div 2 competition and they'd be far more competitive in that league. It might be worth making contact with the HFL as there is some restructuring of the divisions on the table at the moment. Something to think about isn't it!

Not sure of the club's point of view, but I'd imagine there would be a lot of people unhappy with travelling to places like Sedan to play a match early. They's have to change their Saturday night pressos to about 8-30pm. Also not sure of the affiliation fees with the HFL, but do know that the SFL fees are amongst the lowest. Attractive on paper to go to a different league, but not as easy when you consider the practicalities.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed May 14, 2014 6:44 pm

afc9798 wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:Putting all the Crawford stuff aside, why don't Aldinga look at joining the Hills Country Division? It's a Div 2 competition and they'd be far more competitive in that league. It might be worth making contact with the HFL as there is some restructuring of the divisions on the table at the moment. Something to think about isn't it!

Not sure of the club's point of view, but I'd imagine there would be a lot of people unhappy with travelling to places like Sedan to play a match early. They's have to change their Saturday night pressos to about 8-30pm. Also not sure of the affiliation fees with the HFL, but do know that the SFL fees are amongst the lowest. Attractive on paper to go to a different league, but not as easy when you consider the practicalities.

Yep I understand that but is the SFL best suited for this club. There are not 2 divisions to allow struggling clubs to go back and rebuild. The GSFL won't extend beyond 10 teams. For the odd long drive a few times a season I would think Aldinga would benefit more being in the HFL Country Division. Not only could they rebuild but when success comes with this they could apply to be promoted to Central Division. Given the size of the community around them they would strengthen quickly via these channels. They lose players to nearby Willunga and I know a lot of people down that way prefer to play in the GSFL as opposed to the SFL. Perhaps playing in the HFL might be more attractive to some of the country type of people. Just a thought anyway.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Animus » Mon May 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Ok, so i heard on the weekend there will be no junior games at Aldinga this Saturday & also no parking around the oval cause they are expecting a bumper crowd?

In other news, i'm looking forward to some (hopefully) good atmosphere and sinking a few froffies!
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Animus wrote:Ok, so i heard on the weekend there will be no junior games at Aldinga this Saturday & also no parking around the oval cause they are expecting a bumper crowd?

In other news, i'm looking forward to some (hopefully) good atmosphere and sinking a few froffies!

So this gimmick is still going ahead?

Just when I thought we were past all of this, get ready for another week where our league's name gets dragged through the mud again.

Meanwhile, Kilburn gets beaten by 50 goals, Angle Vale & Houghton Districts gets beaten by 35 goals... I wonder who the major sponsor of that competition is? Maybe they are protecting their investment by denigrating the closest competitor.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:28 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Animus wrote:Ok, so i heard on the weekend there will be no junior games at Aldinga this Saturday & also no parking around the oval cause they are expecting a bumper crowd?

Just when I thought we were past all of this, get ready for another week where our league's name gets dragged through the mud again.

Meanwhile, Kilburn gets beaten by 50 goals, Angle Vale & Houghton Districts gets beaten by 35 goals... I wonder who the major sponsor of that competition is? Maybe they are protecting their investment by denigrating the closest competitor.

I dont know you, but you come off as such a **** sook....no offence
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 19, 2014 6:01 pm

HH3 wrote:

Sooking - debatable

Proud and defensive of our League - guilty

How do you suggest I should approach it?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Sooking - debatable

Stop carrying on as if anyone cares would be a start
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
Sooking - debatable

Stop carrying on as if anyone cares would be a start

I care, that's all that matters :)
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Tue May 20, 2014 8:50 pm

HH3 wrote:

Sooking - debatable

maybe they seeking to buy the SFL as well :D

have ya notice they dont mention SFL scores on the Footy SA tv show?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL