Yorke Peninsula League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Postby one day I will » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Even though bute finished bottom last year and got some cracking beltings. They also lost alot of close games to some quality sides. Will be alot more competitive this year thats for sure. Anyone beg the differ??
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby On The Chest » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:39 am

From what I see and have heard, Bute will be a bit more competitive this year but still to finish in bottom 3.
Kadina have good recruits and depth. Crows lost a few and gained a few so will be right up there again. Moonta have some good new recruits and good players returning to the club. Just depends if they keep their heads right. Pasky have some top name players and depth but for some reason have a mental blank come finals. Wallaroo will be around come finals again. Some good kids that have come through their juniors. Eagles to improve on last year with a couple of senior players in Abell and Coles returning to help out the young lads. Cougars believe they are a finals chance but I doubt it. Ardrossan to finish bottom and I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game for the year. A few internal issues there.
Hopefully we get to see some good quality footy throughout the year/
On The Chest
Under 16s

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:58 pm

On The Chest wrote:From what I see and have heard, Bute will be a bit more competitive this year but still to finish in bottom 3.
Kadina have good recruits and depth. Crows lost a few and gained a few so will be right up there again. Moonta have some good new recruits and good players returning to the club. Just depends if they keep their heads right. Pasky have some top name players and depth but for some reason have a mental blank come finals. Wallaroo will be around come finals again. Some good kids that have come through their juniors. Eagles to improve on last year with a couple of senior players in Abell and Coles returning to help out the young lads. Cougars believe they are a finals chance but I doubt it. Ardrossan to finish bottom and I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game for the year. A few internal issues there.

If Bute win 3 or 4 games they will have a pretty successful year considering their lack of depth in the last couple of years.Their B grade is pretty ordinary. Ardrossan are in the same boat. Cougars are talking themselves up but they do lack depth and their B grade whilst winning quite a few games had a Dads Army look about it.
The pressure i see is on Kadina , Crows, Pasky and Moonta who are all spending a lot of money and only 1 team can win the flag. Anything less for these sides is a failure! !
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby westy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:
On The Chest wrote:From what I see and have heard, Bute will be a bit more competitive this year but still to finish in bottom 3.

If Bute win 3 or 4 games they will have a pretty successful year considering their lack of depth in the last couple of years.Their B grade is pretty ordinary. Ardrossan are in the same boat. Cougars are talking themselves up but they do lack depth and their B grade whilst winning quite a few games had a Dads Army look about it.
The pressure i see is on Kadina , Crows, Pasky and Moonta who are all spending a lot of money and only 1 team can win the flag. Anything less for these sides is a failure! !

What a load of crap. If you don't win the flag its a failure. Bute, Ardrossan and the cougars are spending money. Just because they are spending it on the wrong blokes and getting good div 5 player's. Bute will spend as much as Kadina will this year.
westy
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:29 pm

Wow Westy. Hit a nerve there. Typical small minded attitude from a bully boy club. Kadina have a massive advantage of having a population, juniors, and a point system that isnt structured to allow weaker clubs to improve. Div 5 players are 2 points. U dont have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the clubs like Ardrossan , Bute , Cougars will go to div 5 clubs to draw players to get as many players as possible to keep their clubs going. Kadina should be on 5 pts as should the Crows. Bet Craig Taylor is getting more than anything Ardrossan or Bute are paying for recruits this year!
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby westy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:13 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Wow Westy. Hit a nerve there. Typical small minded attitude from a bully boy club. Kadina have a massive advantage of having a population, juniors, and a point system that isnt structured to allow weaker clubs to improve. Div 5 players are 2 points. U dont have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the clubs like Ardrossan , Bute , Cougars will go to div 5 clubs to draw players to get as many players as possible to keep their clubs going. Kadina should be on 5 pts as should the Crows. Bet Craig Taylor is getting more than anything Ardrossan or Bute are paying for recruits this year!

Still laughing at the fact you think winning 3 games is a success. One could pull good things at of a season but to call it a success. You must set your goals high
I would guess that Taylor, would be getting paid 1000 bucks a game. Just a little bit less then some of the Bute boys.
westy
Under 18s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:20 pm

westy wrote:
Dogs Breakfast wrote:Wow Westy. Hit a nerve there. Typical small minded attitude from a bully boy club. Kadina have a massive advantage of having a population, juniors, and a point system that isnt structured to allow weaker clubs to improve. Div 5 players are 2 points. U dont have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the clubs like Ardrossan , Bute , Cougars will go to div 5 clubs to draw players to get as many players as possible to keep their clubs going. Kadina should be on 5 pts as should the Crows. Bet Craig Taylor is getting more than anything Ardrossan or Bute are paying for recruits this year!

Still laughing at the fact you think winning 3 games is a success. One could pull good things at of a season but to call it a success. You must set your goals high
I would guess that Taylor, would be getting paid 1000 bucks a game. Just a little bit less then some of the Bute boys.

If everybody was playing on an even playing field 3 or 4 wins would be failure but you take charge of Ardrossans list Westy and see how fair it is. No junior colts and without the influx of senior colts from cougars and crowsthey probably wouldnt have a team there either. I would be laughing as well if I was in Kadinas position. Have a look at our points system in the Barossa. That is a much fairer system and our results are evidence of that.
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby Nocyrils » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Apparently another good signing for the blood hounds. Westy any word on this ?
Nocyrils
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby norm11 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 pm

Nocyrils wrote:Apparently another good signing for the blood hounds. Westy any word on this ?

Has this person played somewhere else this year and left?? Any hints??
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby westy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:31 am

Nocyrils wrote:Apparently another good signing for the blood hounds. Westy any word on this ?

Yes, very lucky to gain Sam Gunning. Youngest brother of the Gunnings. 6 foot 1 forward, looks very fit. Also we get him as zero points.
westy
Under 18s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:49 am

westy wrote:

If some of these other clubs are spending as much as Kadina I would be very suprised.Which players at Ardrossan , Bute and Cougars would be getting $1000 a game? None I would think. If Craig Tayloris on over $1000 I dont think Lee, Faulkner and Serle would be far behind that either.Just with those 4 you would be spending more than the other 3 clubs I mentioned. I dont have a problem with it as I think it would be good to see someone else win the flag other than the Crows. I just dont like seeing the big distance between the top clubs and the bottom ones.
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Its not a good thing when after round 3 the top five whilst maybe not in order, is pretty well set. Does anybody think that any of Eagles, Bute, Ardrossan or Cougars are going to replace any of the current top 5??
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby westy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:36 pm

I would have thought 5th was anyone's and 4 might come down to percentage.
westy
Under 18s

Postby OnSong » Thu May 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Dogs Breakfast wrote:
westy wrote:

If some of these other clubs are spending as much as Kadina I would be very suprised.Which players at Ardrossan , Bute and Cougars would be getting $1000 a game? None I would think. If Craig Tayloris on over $1000 I dont think Lee, Faulkner and Serle would be far behind that either.Just with those 4 you would be spending more than the other 3 clubs I mentioned. I dont have a problem with it as I think it would be good to see someone else win the flag other than the Crows. I just dont like seeing the big distance between the top clubs and the bottom ones.

Craig Taylor's payments have been slashed by the club as he is fined per photo of his child he posts on Facebook. Now owes the club money after a prolific few months.
Pretty sure he is sponsored by Baby Bunting.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby westy » Sat May 03, 2014 7:25 am

Today we will find out if Moonta are the real deal.
westy
Under 18s

Postby one day I will » Sun May 04, 2014 12:53 am

So I take it that they are not the real deal then.
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby westy » Sun May 04, 2014 7:08 am

one day I will wrote:So I take it that they are not the real deal then.

Good to see Bute have a win again. Ardrossan gave pasky a run for there money. Eagles in the top four and Bute could take 5th dropping pasky to 6th.

For the last 5 years someone has posted. "Moonta are the real deal this year".
westy
Under 18s

Postby Dogs Breakfast » Sun May 04, 2014 9:19 am

Your right Westy. Some good results for the competition yesterday. I thought Moonta would have beaten CMS yesterday. The crows are not as good as previous seasons and as you said Moonta have been talking themselves up. Be interesting match between Wallaroo and Moonta this week coming.
Dogs Breakfast
Rookie

Postby roodog » Wed May 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Bute are one win away from top spot on the ladder...........
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby westy » Wed May 07, 2014 3:49 pm

roodog wrote:Bute are one win away from top spot on the ladder...........

They are very close to top spot. About a 99 point lose away from top spot.
westy
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy