Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Booney wrote:The young lass I've just been dealing with.

Probably drives a Porsche or a bloody Prius, probably earns 4 times what I do, has absolutely zero understanding of what she would have spent 4 years studying at uni.

Simply could not grasp the most basic of concepts that the whole industry we work within accepts as being the norm, the standard, the foundations of hundreds of hours and thousands of pages of test data.

I nearly yelled, I nearly swore, I may have taken a couple of audible deep breathes and rolled my eyes. Well, I did the last two, for sure.

Serenity now. Serenity! NOW!

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

She's just rung up to tell me she had been thinking about what we discussed and thought she'd ask THE SAME ******* QUESTION AGAIN AND SEE IF SHE GOT A DIFFERENT ANSWER FROM ME!!! ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?

Yes, I meant to yell.

She figured I had thought about it and might have, wait for it.............................." changed my way of thinking " :shock:

This would be like someone coming out and saying the Earth is indeed flat and that we should really investigate the possibility of it not being round!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:57 pm

She actually said that to you :shock:

A box of spanners has more intellect :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Booney wrote:

Probably drives a Porsche or a bloody Prius, probably earns 4 times what I do, has absolutely zero understanding of what she would have spent 4 years studying at uni.

Simply could not grasp the most basic of concepts that the whole industry we work within accepts as being the norm, the standard, the foundations of hundreds of hours and thousands of pages of test data.

I nearly yelled, I nearly swore, I may have taken a couple of audible deep breathes and rolled my eyes. Well, I did the last two, for sure.

She's just rung up to tell me she had been thinking about what we discussed and thought she'd ask THE SAME ******* QUESTION AGAIN AND SEE IF SHE GOT A DIFFERENT ANSWER FROM ME!!! ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME?

Yes, I meant to yell.

She figured I had thought about it and might have, wait for it.............................." changed my way of thinking " :shock:

This would be like someone coming out and saying the Earth is indeed flat and that we should really investigate the possibility of it not being round!!

So if she thinks what you say is wrong, wouldn't that mean she thinks she already knows the right thing, which would make it unnecessary for her to ask you in the first place?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 pm

Well, yes, it would. She's sort of made my day, but then shitted me off at the same time. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby dedja » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Booney wrote:

Yes, I meant to yell.

Tell her to come back in so you can perve again as that's the only thing you're getting out of the conversation.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby westozfalcon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:13 pm

Being accosted in the street by people trying to sell you raffle tickets, gym memberships, subscriptions to politically-motivated initiatives etc.

Whatever they're trying to flog you, 99% of the time it will just bring expense or trouble!
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Hazbeen » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:53 pm

The missus getting a $46 parking fine at ttp for being their over 5 hours, claims she didn't see any signs, is this new? Haven't been up that way for a couple of years.

She then tells me that her apprentice got a similar fine at the Elizabeth shopping centre only last week.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:57 am

Hazbeen wrote:The missus getting a $46 parking fine at ttp for being their over 5 hours, claims she didn't see any signs, is this new? Haven't been up that way for a couple of years.

She then tells me that her apprentice got a similar fine at the Elizabeth shopping centre only last week.

How weird because I never imagined you could a get parking fines there. Must happen after being there for more than 4/5 hours. At West Lakes shopping centre now you get a ticket on the way in, the first three hours parking is free then you pay for every hour extra after that. I haven't seen this setup at TTP yet.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:05 am

There are free parks at west lakes where no ticket is needed
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Jase » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:32 am

Hazbeen wrote:The missus getting a $46 parking fine at ttp for being their over 5 hours, claims she didn't see any signs, is this new? Haven't been up that way for a couple of years.

There are signs stating that there is a time limit of 5 hours. That be as to supposedly stop people parking in the shops carpark to catch the obahn into town for the day...

Have been for years... I've been caught out there a couple of times...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby Pseudo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:07 am

$46 is nothng compared to the damage your missus would have done to your credit card in >5 hours...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby tipper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:39 am

Pseudo wrote:

$46 is nothng compared to the damage your missus would have done to your credit card in >5 hours...

lol, like the one about the bloke telling his mates that his wife had her purse stolen with all her credit cards in it the other day..
"hope you cancelled the cards mate before the thief could use them"
"nah, the thief is spending less than the wife ever did"...
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby GWW » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:00 am

Trying to use free wifi in the CBD, and continuously getting message that "connection is unstable".
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:07 am

GWW wrote:Trying to use free wifi in the CBD, and continuously getting message that "connection is unstable".

Whenever I'm in the city I try to get onto the free Wifi and it's ok at best, from what Ive experienced it cuts in and out.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:58 pm

AGL - they can just go to hell. I rang them ages ago because they never set up our electricity account at the new place, but we still had power for some reason. After a LOT of fruitless enquiries on my part, they finally got in touch and said no worries, we'll set your account up. So they did. They set me up two brand new accounts AT MY OLD HOUSE. :evil:
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:42 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:AGL - they can just go to hell. I rang them ages ago because they never set up our electricity account at the new place, but we still had power for some reason. After a LOT of fruitless enquiries on my part, they finally got in touch and said no worries, we'll set your account up. So they did. They set me up two brand new accounts AT MY OLD HOUSE. :evil:

Don't get me started on AGL. We built a place at Wallaroo and it was zoned as Lot 9. To confuse matters, they renamed the road to be the same as it's extension. So there was a "lot 9" and a "no 9". I sent them the map, the zoning design approval, the plans and where the existing no 9 was (MILES up the road).

AGL said "you've already got a meter, you don't need another one". They couldn't tell me when the last meter read was, who the meter belonged to, the MIRN (the meter reg no), nothing. I had a new block of land that needed a meter and they wouldn't give me one. I said "do you think I collect them? Why would I want another meter if I had one". They refused and rejected my application.

F*ckwits.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:11 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:AGL - they can just go to hell. I rang them ages ago because they never set up our electricity account at the new place, but we still had power for some reason. After a LOT of fruitless enquiries on my part, they finally got in touch and said no worries, we'll set your account up. So they did. They set me up two brand new accounts AT MY OLD HOUSE. :evil:

Don't get me started on AGL. We built a place at Wallaroo and it was zoned as Lot 9. To confuse matters, they renamed the road to be the same as it's extension. So there was a "lot 9" and a "no 9". I sent them the map, the zoning design approval, the plans and where the existing no 9 was (MILES up the road).

AGL said "you've already got a meter, you don't need another one". They couldn't tell me when the last meter read was, who the meter belonged to, the MIRN (the meter reg no), nothing. I had a new block of land that needed a meter and they wouldn't give me one. I said "do you think I collect them? Why would I want another meter if I had one". They refused and rejected my application.

F*ckwits.

Classic Utility provider incompetence :roll: doesn't matter which one they are just as useless as each other hey @Footy Chick
heater31

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:16 pm

what he said....
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:00 pm

heater31 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

F*ckwits.

Classic Utility provider incompetence :roll: doesn't matter which one they are just as useless as each other hey @Footy Chick

Yep, the standard is so astonishingly low, that to be a market leader, you don't have to do much.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:06 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
heater31 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

F*ckwits.

Yep, the standard is so astonishingly low, that to be a market leader, you don't have to do much.

I would have sent them a copy of the CT.

I have had the same issue at work with SA Water. 6 months and over 100 phone calls and emails to get it sorted! :shock:
heater31

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion