Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:17 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Got married on Saturday and there were a few of my alleged friends and my sister who bought her 6 kids and partner who didn't bring a gift or even a f@&$ing card. How the **** do you walk into a fully catered function centre with free piss all night at someone's wedding without even a card. I am at a loss as to the embarrassment I am feeling from the audacity of this behaviour.

Don't get me wrong me and the wife both have good jobs, have paid for our wedding and have all the household effects we need but the gesture of no form of recognition what so ever almost seems like a passive aggressive act particularly from a family member. Probably go as far as to say this one goes a bit beyond "Things that give me the shits".

My brother had numerous people that did that!
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm

bennymacca wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Got married on Saturday and there were a few of my alleged friends and my sister who bought her 6 kids and partner who didn't bring a gift or even a f@&$ing card. How the **** do you walk into a fully catered function centre with free piss all night at someone's wedding without even a card. I am at a loss as to the embarrassment I am feeling from the audacity of this behaviour.

Don't get me wrong me and the wife both have good jobs, have paid for our wedding and have all the household effects we need but the gesture of no form of recognition what so ever almost seems like a passive aggressive act particularly from a family member. Probably go as far as to say this one goes a bit beyond "Things that give me the shits".

WTF!!! I do not understand how anyone could do this.

May I ask did your brother either confront, have it come up in a conversation or mention it.

The lack of respect I actually can't get my head around. We had one family who I know struggles give us a card and write nice things in it. That was fine and we were happy with that. Every bloody service station sells cards FFS. As the missus said " if you can't give a card to us for our wedding when would you give someone a card?"
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Maybe they thought coming and sharing the day with you was enough.

Obviously you don't think a card is worth much, since every bloody service station sells them.....ffs ;)

I couldn't give a **** about cards, because they are a piece of paper. People taking a day out of their lives to celebrate two other peoples love for each other would mean more to me.

Seems like drama being created for the sake of having some drama. If you thought they are the type of people to only come for the free food and booze, why invite them?
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:33 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

May I ask did your brother either confront, have it come up in a conversation or mention it.

The lack of respect I actually can't get my head around. We had one family who I know struggles give us a card and write nice things in it. That was fine and we were happy with that. Every bloody service station sells cards FFS. As the missus said " if you can't give a card to us for our wedding when would you give someone a card?"

So you're saying I could've got away with just giving you a card?!?!? ;)
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:49 pm

HH3 wrote:Maybe they thought coming and sharing the day with you was enough.

Obviously you don't think a card is worth much, since every bloody service station sells them.....ffs ;)

I couldn't give a **** about cards, because they are a piece of paper. People taking a day out of their lives to celebrate two other peoples love for each other would mean more to me.

Seems like drama being created for the sake of having some drama. If you thought they are the type of people to only come for the free food and booze, why invite them?

Mrs and I have been together for 20 years, married for over 15 ( no need for commiserations, I know ) and have never given out Xmas cards, Birthday cards but we do give out wedding gifts and cards.

For free piss, it's the least you can do!! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:53 pm

If the expectation is there that you give a present, and everyone else gives presents but you do not, then you are a dick.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:11 pm

Why invite them. Because I'm related to some of them and I never knew other people could be so disrespectful. I would never has suspected I had friends who would take liberties on our wedding day. I'm truly shitty as well because it was my side.

I hope you are getting married soon H3 as I will be sure to pass on the sentiments of no cards or gifts just mention that your sharing the day with him. It's worth more than any gift :D

$15,000-$20,000 you spent on the day, you can ******* write down in a card you appreciate being part of an event that dozens of others couldn't get an invite too as the function centre only holds 108.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:25 pm

well I certainly would've given a present/card, so I think the wedding should be done again.........I look forward to the invite
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:well I certainly would've given a present/card, so I think the wedding should be done again.........I look forward to the invite

Never ever again. Whilst the day and night was amazing the year long bullshit build up at times is excruciating. The Honeymoon is more up my alley.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:39 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:well I certainly would've given a present/card, so I think the wedding should be done again.........I look forward to the invite

Never ever again. Whilst the day and night was amazing the year long bullshit build up at times is excruciating. The Honeymoon is more up my alley.

are you issuing invites for that too?? :shock:
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11852 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:39 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

So you're saying I could've got away with just giving you a card?!?!? ;)

Not with the amount your on per game ;) but seriously it's generous blokes like you that made others look very average.

As for the f@&/tard that put coins in the wishing well, don't get me started
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:55 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

Why invite them. Because I'm related to some of them and I never knew other people could be so disrespectful. I would never has suspected I had friends who would take liberties on our wedding day. I'm truly shitty as well because it was my side.

I hope you are getting married soon H3 as I will be sure to pass on the sentiments of no cards or gifts just mention that your sharing the day with him. It's worth more than any gift :D

$15,000-$20,000 you spent on the day, you can ******* write down in a card you appreciate being part of an event that dozens of others couldn't get an invite too as the function centre only holds 108.

I am actually getting married in June. I have no expectation of any of my guests to give us anything, or go out of their way to give us any sort of evidence they came in card form. The fact that they are making the time to travel to the venue and celebrate with us is more than enough for me.

We are the ones that chose to get married. We also paid for all of the bridesmaid dresses, shoes and jewellery because they shouldnt be made to spend their own money to be in a wedding we decided to have.

You never know, the people that didnt give you a piece of folded cardboard have probably been telling everybody they know about your wedding and all you can do is bag them out. They're probably oblivious that it would be such a big drama.

We have 7 months to go and the whole things planned and everythings paid for. Now we can just sit back and wait for the day to roll up [emoji3]

Congratulations, by the way. If you shoot me you address, ill post you a card so you dont rag on me to others. ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Did you put no gifts on the invites?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:07 pm

No. Im not saying people cant if they want to. Im saying im not gonna have a sook if someone doesnt give us a gift or card.

just seems a bit silly and petty.

if anything can be avoided by a 2 minute stop at a servo, its probably not worth worrying about.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:13 pm

Im hearing you there
Went to my brother inlaws wedding a couple of weeks back and we were the only members of his family that got him a card and gift. The rest if the free loaders drank his free piss and his younger sister even had the gall to whinge when the alotted free piss period had expired.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:16 pm

HH3 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

I am actually getting married in June. I have no expectation of any of my guests to give us anything, or go out of their way to give us any sort of evidence they came in card form. The fact that they are making the time to travel to the venue and celebrate with us is more than enough for me.

We are the ones that chose to get married. We also paid for all of the bridesmaid dresses, shoes and jewellery because they shouldnt be made to spend their own money to be in a wedding we decided to have.

You never know, the people that didnt give you a piece of folded cardboard have probably been telling everybody they know about your wedding and all you can do is bag them out. They're probably oblivious that it would be such a big drama.

We have 7 months to go and the whole things planned and everythings paid for. Now we can just sit back and wait for the day to roll up [emoji3]

Congratulations, by the way. If you shoot me you address, ill post you a card so you dont rag on me to others. ;)

Wow wee, that post reeks of self righteousness. How dare I be disappointed by the fact that others have not afforded a basic social courtesy.

Yes the card is a folded piece of cardboard but you are missing the point, it's words inside that matter. You don't understand the big drama and all I can do is bag them out. Pretty sure It would give most people the shits and I can't wait to see if your attitude changes in 7 months when your wife is upset by the piss poor form should it occur.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Im hearing you there
Went to my brother inlaws wedding a couple of weeks back and we were the only members of his family that got him a card and gift. The rest if the free loaders drank his free piss and his younger sister even had the gall to whinge when the alotted free piss period had expired.

Whinging sister i dont agree with, but do people seriously get hung up on getting gifts and cards?

Its not their fault you spent all that money on your own wedding. Dont wanna spend money, have a smaller, cheaper wedding.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 pm

It is a social convention to give gifts. As I said, if you deliberately don't want to be a part of that, then that is incredibly poor form.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:24 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
HH3 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

Wow wee, that post reeks of self righteousness. How dare I be disappointed by the fact that others have not afforded a basic social courtesy.

Yes the card is a folded piece of cardboard but you are missing the point, it's words inside that matter. You don't understand the big drama and all I can do is bag them out. Pretty sure It would give most people the shits and I can't wait to see if your attitude changes in 7 months when your wife is upset by the piss poor form should it occur.

Its self rightious to not care about getting a card?

Just giving you my point of view mate. If you wanted everyone to just agree with you, Im sorry.

Upset? Are you kidding? Shes just stoked that everyone wants to come and party with us.

Typing shit out probably comes off harsher than it should, so dont think im attacking you.

Did the people involved come and congratulate you at the ceremony or reception?
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Jase » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:43 pm

This kind of reminds me of the wedding we went to and one of our friends forgot to put the card with some cash in it into the wishing well....

We took it to the casino and lost it all... the Bride and groom thought it was hilarious....
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion