Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:38 pm

bennymacca wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Is there something wrong with the quote function on the forum or are people increasingly bad at using it? Thread after thread of unreadable posts due to posts ending with /quote] and not knowing where the new and old posts are

the forum software only allows a certain amount of quotes to be embedded. people need to go and delete the parts of the post that they arent directly referencing

Some people on here ain't that smart Benny.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby stan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 am

HH3 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Pag wrote:This note from a parent this morning, and the plenty of others like it:

'Can you please excuse ....... from any oral presentations today as she ate a packet of chips last night and has an extremely sore throat today".

Wow.

I trust this student will be graded 'D' or less, and a comment about non-participation in class activity will be made on the report card?

I've been told by my mother in law, who has been teaching for a very long time, that they are not allowed to write anything negative on report cards anymore. She's not happy about it.

She's also being pressured to give a kid an A, that she doesn't think deserves one.

One of the big issues is that during school years we seem to reward mediocrity. The system it seems would have us all tell someone good job for trying hard even if your not even close rather than addressing the issue at hand.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby nuggety goodness » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:42 am

stan wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Pag wrote:This note from a parent this morning, and the plenty of others like it:

'Can you please excuse ....... from any oral presentations today as she ate a packet of chips last night and has an extremely sore throat today".

Wow.

I trust this student will be graded 'D' or less, and a comment about non-participation in class activity will be made on the report card?

I've been told by my mother in law, who has been teaching for a very long time, that they are not allowed to write anything negative on report cards anymore. She's not happy about it.

She's also being pressured to give a kid an A, that she doesn't think deserves one.

One of the big issues is that during school years we seem to reward mediocrity. The system it seems would have us all tell someone good job for trying hard even if your not even close rather than addressing the issue at hand.

Add this to the lack of ability to discipline effectively. Kids can't take 'no' for an answer anymore without chucking a tantrum.

Parents take the easy option and allow (even encourage) negative behaviour then wonder why kids are brats, dont listen, are rebellious and delinquents later on...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:23 pm

stan wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Wow.

Jeez!!! I missed an oral presentation in Year 5 because of my uncle's wedding the night before, and my teacher said that wasn't a good enough excuse and failed me.

Teaching at uni level, you see the end result of rewarding mediocrity. You'd be amazed (or not) at how many people seem to be there just for the status/bragging rights - they don't seem to know what they want careerwise, or what they expect to get out of their degree. Which is fair enough; my own plans were fairly vague when I began uni, but I was at least motivated and interested in my classes. With these students, their work isn't up to standard and they don't appear to enjoy it, but it takes time for this to sink in. In English, many of them can't spell and have no concept of how to structure an essay, and nine times out of ten when you try and TEACH them how, they don't pay attention. They prefer to whinge about how much they hate the assignments and how this topic doesn't suit them. They usually end up changing subjects but I doubt it makes them any happier.

That being said, there are some who get to uni and really want to do well, but they just aren't up to it. That's the hardest part for us. There was one bloke who flooded my inbox with questions about the assignments, took copious notes in class, and when it became clear that his literacy skills were far below average, he visited the student learning centre and started working one-on-one with a tutor there. He tried his heart out but it made no difference; I had to fail him. In a way it was a relief, because as hard as it was, he wasn't up to scratch and someone had to tell him that. You don't want to discourage people from learning, but you've also got to draw the line somewhere.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby helicopterking » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:24 pm

F&#king Snakes.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:42 pm

helicopterking wrote:F&#king Snakes.

I wouldn't f**k snakes either.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:50 pm

helicopterking wrote:F&#king Snakes.

Playing hard to get?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:52 pm

People that frolic around on the internet all day when they're meant to be working.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:People that frolic around on the internet all day when they're meant to be working.

i hope the irony was deliberate :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:People that frolic around on the internet all day when they're meant to be working.

i hope the irony was deliberate :D

Don't cha think?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:53 pm

When you ask 'What's wrong?' and they say 'Nothing' even though there clearly IS something wrong and you're in the doghouse for it. :evil: And people reckon only women behave like this.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Jase » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:10 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:When you ask 'What's wrong?' and they say 'Nothing' even though there clearly IS something wrong and you're in the doghouse for it. :evil: And people reckon only women behave like this.

After nearly 13 years of marriage Mrs Jase and I have a way of working this... sometines it does take Mrs Jase a bit of time to say that there might be something wrong as she doesnt want to burden me...

So we have agreed that I will ask 3 times... if by the end of the 3rd time and still nothing then she cant complain that i didnt ask...

I ask and she knows that I have noticed an issue and she gets a couple of chances to work out herself what is going on...

Winner winner....
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1479 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Jase wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:When you ask 'What's wrong?' and they say 'Nothing' even though there clearly IS something wrong and you're in the doghouse for it. :evil: And people reckon only women behave like this.

After nearly 13 years of marriage Mrs Jase and I have a way of working this... sometines it does take Mrs Jase a bit of time to say that there might be something wrong as she doesnt want to burden me...

So we have agreed that I will ask 3 times... if by the end of the 3rd time and still nothing then she cant complain that i didnt ask...

I ask and she knows that I have noticed an issue and she gets a couple of chances to work out herself what is going on...

Winner winner....

If I ask 3 times I'll end up with a Black Eye, and still be in the doghouse (usually for a mood that someone else has put her in)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby JK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:27 pm

The treatment of the young lad with Down Syndrome at a JB Hi-Fi store shits me!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Having a brother with Down Syndrome, and who also shops at JB HiFi, this has pissed me off big time. I don't know what was worse, the act itself or the way they handled it to the family
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby JK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:39 pm

RustyCage wrote:Having a brother with Down Syndrome, and who also shops at JB HiFi, this has pissed me off big time. I don't know what was worse, the act itself or the way they handled it to the family

I truly can't comprehend it .. Everyone knows there's a lot of shitty people and practices out there, but this still goes lower than the bare minimum of expectations. What is f***ing wrong with the world??
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:36 pm

JK wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Having a brother with Down Syndrome, and who also shops at JB HiFi, this has pissed me off big time. I don't know what was worse, the act itself or the way they handled it to the family

I truly can't comprehend it .. Everyone knows there's a lot of shitty people and practices out there, but this still goes lower than the bare minimum of expectations. What is f***ing wrong with the world??

The worst part of this is the lack of acknowledging they cocked up with identifying the one that is banned. The lot of them involved need to be shown the door.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:50 pm

What I'd like to know is why a guy with down syndrome is banned from a store in the first place.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Footy Chick wrote:What I'd like to know is why a guy with down syndrome is banned from a store in the first place.

Other guy was caught stealing
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
RustyCage wrote:Is there something wrong with the quote function on the forum or are people increasingly bad at using it? Thread after thread of unreadable posts due to posts ending with /quote] and not knowing where the new and old posts are

the forum software only allows a certain amount of quotes to be embedded. people need to go and delete the parts of the post that they arent directly referencing

Some people on here ain't that smart Benny.

Yeah. Moderators. ;)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion