Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Pseudo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:Teaching at uni level...In English, many of them can't spell and have no concept of how to structure an essay,

When I was in 3rd year of a computer science major there were folks in my classes who didn't know how to program. The next year I scored a gig doing first-year tutorials. There were three blokes who would habitually turn up and tick their names off the roll and promptly piss off again - but not before scrawling racist epithets next to all the asian names on the roll. These dumb twits clearly didn't realise that I marked their assignments too :twisted:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:07 pm

Heidi Whities. **** off you dumb bitch.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Pag » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm

stan wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
Pag wrote:This note from a parent this morning, and the plenty of others like it:

'Can you please excuse ....... from any oral presentations today as she ate a packet of chips last night and has an extremely sore throat today".

Wow.

I trust this student will be graded 'D' or less, and a comment about non-participation in class activity will be made on the report card?

I've been told by my mother in law, who has been teaching for a very long time, that they are not allowed to write anything negative on report cards anymore. She's not happy about it.

She's also being pressured to give a kid an A, that she doesn't think deserves one.

One of the big issues is that during school years we seem to reward mediocrity. The system it seems would have us all tell someone good job for trying hard even if your not even close rather than addressing the issue at hand.

This is literally a parent allowing a student to get out of an assessment task because said student may find it a bit intimidating, scary, or perhaps out of her comfort zone. How the parent expects the child to improve any skills without having to develop and apply a bit of resilience, I have no idea.

The student is doing it tomorrow, on the last day of term, although said student (and parent) doesn't know it yet.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:25 pm

no wonder the future is looking bleak!
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Pag wrote:
This is literally a parent allowing a student to get out of an assessment task because said student may find it a bit intimidating, scary, or perhaps out of her comfort zone. How the parent expects the child to improve any skills without having to develop and apply a bit of resilience, I have no idea.

The student is doing it tomorrow, on the last day of term, although said student (and parent) doesn't know it yet.

Given the piss weak excuse already given I expect this is also the type of parent that would let their child stay home from school on the last day of term.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Spargo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 pm

Bloke at work who runs our lotto syndicate. We take a system 10 on Saturdays, same no's every week.
He knows my stance on changing them - major no no, don't do it.
He has weakened to a few who want to change the no's because we haven't had a return this year. F#ck me, do these halfwits know the odds of getting some sort of collect? Do they realise it's called gambling for a reason?
I feel sick in advance about checking our previous lot of no's in every weeks results now.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5477 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:10 am

Spargo wrote:Bloke at work who runs our lotto syndicate. We take a system 10 on Saturdays, same no's every week.
He has weakened to a few who want to change the no's because we haven't had a return this year. F#ck me, do these halfwits know the odds of getting some sort of collect? Do they realise it's called gambling for a reason?
I feel sick in advance about checking our previous lot of no's in every weeks results now.

How sick are you gonna feel if you're sharing in a multimillion dollar payday on Sunday because they got changed?

Buy your own ticket with the old numbers too. Win win.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:52 am

HH3 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Bloke at work who runs our lotto syndicate. We take a system 10 on Saturdays, same no's every week.

How sick are you gonna feel if you're sharing in a multimillion dollar payday on Sunday because they got changed?

Or stop gambling altogether and put the money aside that you would normally spend on it... guarantee you'll come out in front!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:32 am

HH3 wrote:Buy your own ticket with the old numbers too. Win win.

$147 for the ticket, won't be happening.

Spargo
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:11 am

nuggety goodness wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Or stop gambling altogether and put the money aside that you would normally spend on it... guarantee you'll come out in front!

Money won is much sweeter then money earnt.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby JK » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:16 am

Mate works with a bloke who has his routine system numbers, but only plays them if the Number 6 came out in the previous draw. Cost him the 1st Div a while back.

This doesn't give me the shits, but on this strangers behalf I'll add it to the thread.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:27 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Or instead of putting the money aside, spend it all on beer. You won't come out in front but you'll have a lot more fun.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:47 pm

After a massive night I caught a cab into work today, only to lose my phone charger adaptor somewhere in my travels.

It's been a very long slow day.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:After a massive night I caught a cab into work today, only to lose my phone charger adaptor somewhere in my travels.

Played an away game last night? ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:53 pm

nuggety goodness wrote:
HH3 wrote:

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:56 pm

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:After a massive night I caught a cab into work today, only to lose my phone charger adaptor somewhere in my travels.

His phone is flat 'cause he's been in the dunny texting his mates Mrs. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Gold.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:30 pm

heater31 wrote:

Yep, George Thorogood said it well, a pity it wasn't just one of each.
Going from beer to Jacks to scotch isn't recommended, I'm not much of a scotch drinker usually, I know why today.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:31 pm

Booney wrote:

My names not Wayne.

My friend rang that dude last night funny enough, she asked if her and her friend could go over his house for a threesome, he's bombarded her with texts today.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Driving to work this morning some nimrod was more concerned that I might want to get into his/her lane that they sped up to block the space and in doing so, failed to notice the traffic in fact had stopped in his/her lane and they smashed into the back of them at 60km/h and the last I see was his/her car careering off the road into someones fence or tree.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion