Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:21 pm

What are the figures actually showing, Boondog?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:22 pm

No no no Heater, the prosecutor has been quoted as saying they believed there was a case but abide by the judges decision.

The same as that girl on prospect rd who dobbed in a guy driving a station wagon/van who spent a few years in jail for before being vindicated of not even being where he was or doing what he was supposed to do. He loses out, the girl loses nothing.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:28 pm

HH3 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:School employees who are charged for accessing child exploitation material.

I was talking to a young male teacher last night about if he had permanency or not and his reply was,

"I have to get into Primary School (he's a high school teacher).........and not be charged with anything..."

He said it in a joking way, but I could tell he wasn't too happy about the situation.

It's pretty sad that even the guys that would never do anything wrong are feeling like they're being looked at with suspicion because of a few sick f**ks.....not to mention the kids that actually go through this bullshit.

There is a real sense out there that every man is a potential offender.
There are jobs I have to do in my work and family life where I worry that my being in certain locations is being weighed and judged.
Occasionally I have to take photos at a child's sporting or community event. It is now a role that I hate doing because as soon as you turn up with a camera around kids, people look at you suspiciously (newsflash, folks, it's not the guy with the professional camera who you need to worry about).
At a ballet concert this year, I walked into the area that was being used as a change room (no one was changing and no one was going to be for 10 or 15 minutes) to talk to my wife and I was abruptly asked to leave - because I was male. It was quite embarrassing. I feel for single dads out there who would regularly experience this sort of thing, particularly if they have daughters.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:30 pm

Booney wrote:Just 17.2 per cent of public primary school teachers are men, down from 17.5 per cent last year and 19.9 per cent in 2013.

It would be interesting to see what the response would be if you flipped those figures around.
I always hear people talking about the shortage of male teachers, but never hear of any action to alleviate the issue.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:36 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:What are the figures actually showing, Boondog?

In '99, 34% of teachers were male, in '13, 28%. ( That's across all ages of government schools - I'm looking for more primary specific numbers )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby norwood8 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:20 pm

People that won't eat meat off the bone, they ruin a good BBQ setup.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby norwood8 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:28 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:School employees who are charged for accessing child exploitation material.

I was talking to a young male teacher last night about if he had permanency or not and his reply was,

"I have to get into Primary School (he's a high school teacher).........and not be charged with anything..."

He said it in a joking way, but I could tell he wasn't too happy about the situation.

It's pretty sad that even the guys that would never do anything wrong are feeling like they're being looked at with suspicion because of a few sick f**ks.....not to mention the kids that actually go through this bullshit.

There are jobs I have to do in my work and family life where I worry that my being in certain locations is being weighed and judged.
Occasionally I have to take photos at a child's sporting or community event. It is now a role that I hate doing because as soon as you turn up with a camera around kids, people look at you suspiciously (newsflash, folks, it's not the guy with the professional camera who you need to worry about).
At a ballet concert this year, I walked into the area that was being used as a change room (no one was changing and no one was going to be for 10 or 15 minutes) to talk to my wife and I was abruptly asked to leave - because I was male. It was quite embarrassing. I feel for single dads out there who would regularly experience this sort of thing, particularly if they have daughters.

This is spot on and really angers me.

I'm a secondary teacher which alleviates some of these problems, but I know a number of fellow male educators that would never work in a primary environment due to stigma associated with all of it. Reverse sexism is rife within the Education Department atm.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby StrayDog » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:14 am

norwood8 wrote:... I know a number of fellow male educators that would never work in a primary environment due to stigma associated with all of it. Reverse sexism is rife within the Education Department atm.

Which to me is a real shame because, as I understand it, public primary schools in this state are screaming out for more male teachers and SSOs.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Warnie's "charity" is at it again. A former PA of Shane was the winner of a $60,000 Mercedes in a raffle held last year.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 446 times
Been liked: 1209 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Grenville » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Shane Warne

Every week I'll keep posting the same thing.

Number 1 all time greatest human. Well number 2
Now that my lad is born :)

Great player, flog of a person

Warnie is a dickhead, end of story.
Grenville
Veteran

Has liked: 262 times
Been liked: 761 times

Postby carey » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:10 pm

Abby Holmes
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Magellan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:22 am

Grenville wrote:Warnie is a dickhead, end of story.

Don't put your pen away too quickly, there's plenty more to be written.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby stan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:01 am

Magellan wrote:
Grenville wrote:Warnie is a dickhead, end of story.

Don't put your pen away too quickly, there's plenty more to be written.

I still find it hilarious that he claims Steve Waugh was a selfish cricketer. This coming from Warnie lol.

Warnie was a legend on the field no doubt but seems like hes a shit bloke of it.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:53 am

carey wrote:Abby Holmes

Why would Abby Holmes possibly give you the shits? :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:38 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Yeah as a manager at a swimming centre, i am constantly having to tell parents both male and female about our photo and recording policy inside the facility.

Its always an awkward conversation and one that never gets easier.

Unfortunately the situation is only going to get worse, word we are hearing as we are as close to a year away from having to carry your police clearance on you if plan to take photos in any public facility.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tipper » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 pm

whufc wrote:
Unfortunately the situation is only going to get worse, word we are hearing as we are as close to a year away from having to carry your police clearance on you if plan to take photos in any public facility.

which doesnt prove anything anyway. that bloke at the centre of the current commision in adelaide (McCool??)had passed a police check. and he was running one of the largest online child exploitation groups in the world while working for families SA.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby HH3 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:06 pm

Its very rare for me to get into arguments on Facebook, but the oldies on the Port Adelaide area page are doing my head in.

All they do is complain...

Todays topic is Glenelg getting $250 million in funding. They ask "where's the money for the Port?"

I tell them the Port has received $300 million in the last few years and there's more to come.

Everything they say should happen and complain that it's not, is actually already happening. They're just not supporting it.

Just noticed @Booneys on the case now too :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:32 pm

tipper wrote:
whufc wrote:

which doesnt prove anything anyway. that bloke at the centre of the current commision in adelaide (McCool??)had passed a police check. and he was running one of the largest online child exploitation groups in the world while working for families SA.

Agree!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:44 pm

Conveyancer's
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby carey » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
carey wrote:Abby Holmes

Why would Abby Holmes possibly give you the shits? :lol:

Well not really her but all the crap about chicks footy and it's always her cause she hot as f**k nothing to do with football. Yet she's a walk up start to the EJ game every year where she kicks 3 goals from the goal square.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2802 times
Been liked: 2989 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion