Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Booney » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:31 pm

Quite remarkably The Hawker pub still has rooms available for the Hawker Cup....it might be a bit of a longer drive this year! :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:56 pm

My NFC memberships finally landed today, and I was looking forward to seeing the kids faces at all the gear that was included. Eldest lad (7) takes one look and says "Next year can I have a Crows membership?"

Havent been able to eat dinner .. How do I cure him??
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Corona Man » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:58 pm

JK wrote:My NFC memberships finally landed today, and I was looking forward to seeing the kids faces at all the gear that was included. Eldest lad (7) takes one look and says "Next year can I have a Crows membership?"

Make him watch their semi final vs Hawthorn in 2015... Should do the job.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Take him to a Norwood - Crows match where Norwood should win and tell him that's why you ain't getting a crows membership
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:24 pm

JK wrote:My NFC memberships finally landed today, and I was looking forward to seeing the kids faces at all the gear that was included. Eldest lad (7) takes one look and says "Next year can I have a Crows membership?"

Haha had the same dilemma when my son was about the same age. Took him to Richmond Oval and we won a game, was when were really struggling, Daniel Caire came over and gave him a footy. Cured!
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:24 pm

haha.

also probably shows where the SANFL is at these days
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Keefy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:39 pm

bennymacca wrote:

haha.

also probably shows where the SANFL is at these days

My 2 boys look forward to going to SANFL games. They have seen more South games live than any AFL games
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:52 am

A bucket of water, a food on his head?

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:27 am

No chance of getting him back on the Norwood wagon after they got thumped by North.
In regard to the Crows thing, try gradually assimilating them back into normal society.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Corona Man » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 am

Wedgie wrote:

No chance of getting him back on the Norwood wagon after they got thumped by North.
In regard to the Crows thing, try gradually assimilating them back into normal society.

Or get him to google Graham Cornes.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby stan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:56 am

Mt condolence JK.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Spargo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:26 am

3:45 this morning, Diagonal Rd Warradale
Cyclist on a racing bike, middle of the left lane, no front or back lights, dressed in all black lycra.
I get along side & politely let him know his lights aren't on, get the finger in return.
I may or may not have slightly veered into his lane before continuing on my way.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5459 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:57 am

Wedgie wrote:

If I could get him on the North wagon instead of the Crows version it would still be a win.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:13 am

JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

If I could get him on the North wagon instead of the Crows version it would still be a win.

I wouldn't wish either on any kid. Even my daughter saw the light and is a proud Panthers fan now.
Mind you she also follows Arsenal :?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby JK » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:17 am

Wedgie wrote:
JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

I wouldn't wish either on any kid. Even my daughter saw the light and is a proud Panthers fan now.
Mind you she also follows Arsenal :?

I'd draw the line at Arsenal lol
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:35 am

JK wrote:
I'd draw the line at Arsenal lol

At least she waited till Spurs were finally better than them to start following them :)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Simple. No Norwood, no dinner.

All jokes aside, this encapsulates the challenge the SANFL clubs face in creating and keeping the next breed of loyal club supporters.

Even though JK's a dyed-in-the-wool redlegger, no parent no matter how passionate can control the effect the glitz and bright lights that the Crows and Power offer on an impressionable young footy-loving kid, particularly when all their schoolmates probably barrack for an SA AFL team. The power of peer-group pressure will be what delivers the Crows and Port the next generation of fans at the expense of the SANFL.

Of course, the clubs voted for this, my club in particular, so they'll reap what they sow. As the 'old guard' gradually moves on, the clubs will realise they eventually cut their own throat with someone else's knife.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Magellan wrote:Even though JK's a dyed-in-the-wool redlegger, no parent no matter how passionate can control the effect the glitz and bright lights that the Crows and Power offer on an impressionable young footy-loving kid, particularly when all their schoolmates probably barrack for an SA AFL team. The power of peer-group pressure will be what delivers the Crows and Port the next generation of fans at the expense of the SANFL.

Of course, the clubs voted for this, my club in particular, so they'll reap what they sow. As the 'old guard' gradually moves on, the clubs will realise they eventually cut their own throat with someone else's knife.

This eventually was going to happen anyway, the days of kids getting along to SANFL games and supporting a side began dying the day the Crows entered the AFL, and then again more so when Port did.

SANFL is a 2nd tier competition now, and with the promotions/media/advertising/tv rights etc kids are flooded with AFL images and propaganda, they're more likely to follow AFL exclusively than the local side who they very little affiliation with.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Magellan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Zartan wrote:
Magellan wrote:Even though JK's a dyed-in-the-wool redlegger, no parent no matter how passionate can control the effect the glitz and bright lights that the Crows and Power offer on an impressionable young footy-loving kid, particularly when all their schoolmates probably barrack for an SA AFL team. The power of peer-group pressure will be what delivers the Crows and Port the next generation of fans at the expense of the SANFL.

This eventually was going to happen anyway, the days of kids getting along to SANFL games and supporting a side began dying the day the Crows entered the AFL, and then again more so when Port did.

SANFL is a 2nd tier competition now, and with the promotions/media/advertising/tv rights etc kids are flooded with AFL images and propaganda, they're more likely to follow AFL exclusively than the local side who they very little affiliation with.

Yes, you're right, but this is amplified considerably by the presence of the two reserve teams (which I forgot to add in my above rant).
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:14 am

Just curious to know, what were the membership numbers of all the league clubs pre Crows entering the AFL?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion