heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Pseudo » Sun May 28, 2017 11:16 am

heater31 wrote:
stampy wrote:the bald sanfl umpire, absolutely atrocious

Sadly he's no orphan in that bunch :oops: :roll:

Maybe not, but this clown has taken ineptitude to a whole new level; he transcends the simple incompetence of your standard umpire. The likelihood with which he makes the wrong decision correlates almost perfectly with both how obvious and how crucial that decision is. I have to question the SANFL's rotation policy given that this fool has umpired in the last three Glenelg games I have seen, and I have to question the SANFL's selection policy given that this halfwit is given any league games at all.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Punk Rooster appearing on my tv as im eating dinner
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11841 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Punk Rooster appearing on my tv as im eating dinner

Crimewatchers must be on early tonight.... :D
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 31, 2017 2:00 pm

People who claim its too hard to get a job. I'm 46 and obese and managed to break into the hospitality industry after working over 28 years behind a desk with work coming out of my butt through a bit of know how, hard work and enthusiasm. Still never claimed a cent from Centrelink for my entire life.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Wed May 31, 2017 2:07 pm

Wedgie wrote:People who claim its too hard to get a job. I'm 46 and obese and managed to break into the hospitality industry after working over 28 years behind a desk with work coming out of my butt through a bit of know how, hard work and enthusiasm. Still never claimed a cent from Centrelink for my entire life.

We recently advertised for a position in our factory, basically a production worker ( not production line ) and we get applicants, who :

- Can't start for 6 weeks as I still have my Home D anklet on
- Have done a bit of cleaning at Arndale over the years ( Salary expectation $75,000-$85,000 )
- Haven't worked much for a while and was wondering could I do 10-3 until I get into it
- Like being outside, like thinking for myself, like nature, but cutting aluminium up and welding it sounds like me
- Don't know which bus I'd get, do you know?

I ******* kid you not. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby HH3 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:42 pm

The people that say its too hard to get a job from unemployment are the ones that apply for four jobs a week on Seek. All of the jobs they've applied for are jobs they want, not ones they're qualified to do. And then they spend the rest of the week telling people how hard it is.

I've had 3 full time jobs in my life. The first two I needed to complete months long courses beforehand that ended in a job. The last one, I took an entry level storeman position and worked my way up to the office job I was used to.

Seven years later I want to burn the place down, but at least I have an income.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed May 31, 2017 2:58 pm

HH3 wrote:The people that say its too hard to get a job from unemployment are the ones that apply for four jobs a week on Seek. All of the jobs they've applied for are jobs they want, not ones they're qualified to do. And then they spend the rest of the week telling people how hard it is.

I've had 3 full time jobs in my life. The first two I needed to complete months long courses beforehand that ended in a job. The last one, I took an entry level storeman position and worked my way up to the office job I was used to.

That's pretty much me too, I only ever applied for jobs out of my reach and then tried to land that lucky break, I started in the factory here and was lucky enough to be accepted into a uni course they had for the office staff, I did well at it and got moved into the office.

I'm really only working here waiting for my modelling career to take off and then who knows after that?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby stampy » Wed May 31, 2017 5:12 pm

cantheads who park in no standing zones around schools
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Wed May 31, 2017 5:13 pm

HH3 wrote:The people that say its too hard to get a job from unemployment are the ones that apply for four jobs a week on Seek. All of the jobs they've applied for are jobs they want, not ones they're qualified to do. And then they spend the rest of the week telling people how hard it is.

my lazy 19 year old step son reckons he is looking for work, if you can call laying in bed till 2pm looking for bloody work
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Spargo » Wed May 31, 2017 5:25 pm

stampy wrote:

my lazy 19 year old step son reckons he is looking for work, if you can call laying in bed till 2pm looking for bloody work

Night shift...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed May 31, 2017 7:26 pm

Real Estate agents, they're a f**king persistent lot. Got a call from one today at lunch just following up after I gave them my details at a house I looked at back in February. She wanted to know if I'm still looking to buy, I simply told her that's none of her business. (I have recently purchased my first home). If I was interested in one of your properties I would of contacted you! Had this multiple times now and it gets on my nerves. Piss off ya c**ts.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:49 pm

Not getting an invite for free booze at the housewarming party
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Having just seen the other thread....it seems I may have peaked too soon :lol:
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:18 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Real Estate agents, they're a f**king persistent lot. Got a call from one today at lunch just following up after I gave them my details at a house I looked at back in February. She wanted to know if I'm still looking to buy, I simply told her that's none of her business. (I have recently purchased my first home). If I was interested in one of your properties I would of contacted you! Had this multiple times now and it gets on my nerves. Piss off ya c**ts.

I had a nosey at one around the corner from us that went to auction about a month ago. Just doing my market research in the area, albeit with no intention of selling or buying. Did the right thing by the agent, told him exactly what I was doing, nosey neighbor. He lives in the area and knows where I live, I didn't leave a phone number with him.

**** me, come home on the Monday after the Saturday open inspection and there's a hand written note in my letter box asking me if I wanted to talk about the other property or our property with him to give him a call!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:38 am

stampy wrote:

It's an epidemic, today's youth have no get up and go.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stampy wrote:

That's a cop out, IMO. My two kids, 20 and 16, one full time permanent employee, the other part time work and TAFE. The three couples of whom I count as my closest, 3 kids, 3 kids and 2 kids, all working / studying / work + study. Only one of that 8 is still at high school.

Sure, I lament at the "kids" of today, joked last week that's why techno giants put things in clouds now, that's where these kids heads are at! To call it an epidemic makes it sound like all kids are lazy snoozers, when it might just be the parents who haven't got the drive to get the kids off their arse. ( Present company excluded ).

Let them lay in bed all day and they will, demand higher standards and help them reach them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:10 am

Booney wrote:
That's a cop out, IMO. My two kids, 20 and 16, one full time permanent employee, the other part time work and TAFE. The three couples of whom I count as my closest, 3 kids, 3 kids and 2 kids, all working / studying / work + study. Only one of that 8 is still at high school.

Sure, I lament at the "kids" of today, joked last week that's why techno giants put things in clouds now, that's where these kids heads are at! To call it an epidemic makes it sound like all kids are lazy snoozers, when it might just be the parents who haven't got the drive to get the kids off their arse. ( Present company excluded ).

Let them lay in bed all day and they will, demand higher standards and help them reach them.

Mate, positive attitudes are infectious, my partner's kids were lazy when we got together and could quite happily do the same, I laid down some rules about what time they have to go to and be out of bed, I applied for jobs for the older two and made sure they all attended school or got involved in courses available to them and they soon began doing it on their own accord and both found good employment.

I see it in so many of the youth today that they need a bit of a shove, my eldest had 3 jobs and studying for uni when she was 18, she now has a degree, studying for a 2nd one while earning over $50K pa, it comes down to parenting and who they hang around.

Standards have dropped in all facets of life, if I had of brought my phone to the dinner table my dad would've back-handed me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:22 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
stampy wrote:

Its mainly a Gen Y thing, Gen Z are fine and quite impressive.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion