Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Overthehill you are presuming that there will still be promotion and relegation rules?! Who knows maybe Mt Lofty come in (and Nairne?!) to make a 12 team comp. At this stage I believe that [b] Bridgey, Echunga, Onkas and TV all add something to the Central division..so too would Mt Lofty and Nairne . Bring them in I say..[/b]

Sad to see my Magpies go down to Echunga on the weekend, whilst the Magpies had some key personnel out its unlikely it accounted for 9 goals, its no excuse but our young brigade didnt turn it on on the weekend, maybe we need to go out and spend another $1500 a week on a recruit? NOT! We still won 4/5 games...!

Groovster, I do not disagree but i don't believe the HFL have the power to make that decision. That would need to be a constitutional change voted by the clubs. In saying that i have no insider knowledge into the HFL

Yes all of these clubs have the potential to or already add something to central. But moving to a 12 team comp may not work in the long term. A crystal ball, if we had one, may show the same issue we now have in country (a massive gap in competitiveness) eventuating in Central in years to come, should the change to a 12 team be made.

It would almost surely see the end of the country div. I for one believe that the long term fix to our league doesn't lie in a change to the Central Division, but in the improvement of the Country Division. Which will only improve Central, were as the same can not be said for Counrty if we are to improve Central now.

Suggestion then is what? How can you improve country div? We need to attempt to bring clubs up to a common level not prejudice clubs for the success they have in bringing them 'back down' to a common level.

Unfortunately this just isn't going to happen. Satellite towns outside of the major populated areas are/will continue to struggle. This isn't just evident in sport but in all types of services including health, education, etc etc.

For country to survive they need to either merge and become stronger with their geo spread or maintain status who and have their own league which caters for them. Maybe the HFL Central becomes a different league vs HFL Country which is I dependant ( ie riverland).

Agree that HFL should become paid professional it clearly lacks business and common sense. The cost should be subsidised by SANFL, afl and Central clubs.

The power to change all this is with our clubs own committees..we need to voice our opinions to our resoective club presidents etc so that change happens.
by groovster
Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Couldn't agree more Groovster.... There seems to be a few people on here who talk up Callington. Sure the oval is big, and dry.... but the facilities are just plain awful. As for the food, I can't comment never been "brave enough" to buy any food down there. The magpies sure are struggling this season, with what can only be described as a very young team. Must be a bitter pill for the "lads in lederhosen" to swallow, as the town prides itself on the performance of the footballers.

Thing is Pinarello, the oval wasnt dry. It was quite boggy (but not boggy like a blackwood, mt barker or heathfield) which was surprising. A bitter pill it is...the upside is with the 12-14 teenagers playing they are getting A Grade match experience which will bode well in the future. Missing experience. Finishing near the bottom hope that we get the first round picks in the draft !
by groovster
Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |