Search found 277 matches

Return

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Dear Brett,

Would you please let us know what those three things are?
Cheers

Dear Brett, having just beaten the team you stated just a few weeks ago were outright premiership favourites, could you please enlighten us as to where Central are... and those three things you alluded to that have us where we are.
Just asking for a friend ;)

Fantastic effort by our boys... I would much rather have a team who try all day than a team of champions who don't seem to get the best out of themselves.
Enjoy the night, fellow Doggies... there is still hope in the red, white and blue!

Dear BP. Did I say "outright" favourites? I certainly would have thought with the list they have they should be a contender. I think most would agree with that.
No idea where Centrals are at but thanks for asking me , very nice of you.

Dear Brett,
I agree; with the list they have, Norwood should be safely in the top four, not battling to make it.
However, you stated last week that Central are 'where they are at' for three clear reasons, but didn't provide any reasoning. I, and a number of Central supporters, am generally interested in knowing what the three reasons you were alluding to are.

Anyway, now back to the game:
A number of people (including Central supporters) stated the club was going backwards by having Butch take the field again. I think he proved today that he very much still has great ability... as well as excellent leadership. IMHO, I thought he was worth returning to the team because of his leadership but I didn't know if he would have performances in him like the one he did today. I am so glad he does... and I pray he continues next season too.

I was very impressed with the cool head of Chris Olsson today. Against his former club, he kicked two very critical goals in the last quarter. I am confident he will sleep well tonight! :)

Perhaps strange to say, but I did feel a bit sorry for Norwood today. They were perhaps hard done by at the end of the third quarter when Benny Nason (in his best game for the season) was credited with a goal that appeared to be kicked after the siren. However, the rule does say that the quarter ends when the umpire in charge 'hears' the siren... so it was there, but very lucky! One second later and it may not have been counted.
I also felt the game changed a bit when their captain, Matt Panos, limped off early in the last quarter. He had been very damaging early in the game and his injury no doubt unsettled the side.

A very happy Doggie here as today was a real 'all played well' performance. The boys showed they still have belief.. and will hopefully go onwards and upwards from here.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Dear Brett,

Would you please let us know what those three things are?
Cheers

Just remember, you asked...

Please forgive me; I had a moment of weakness ;)
by bulldogproud
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Absolutely agree about Butch what a difference he makes when he is left forward and not used up the ground or as a backup ruckman .Would love him to go around again next year .

Imagine a forward line including the two Menzel's, Isaya McKenzie, Butch and Connor McLean... and perhaps Nick Lange on the flank.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Reserves are now a game and percentage clear on top as well.

Things are heading in the right direction. Definitely not doom and gloom and could be in the mix next year.
The U18’s are still pretty ordinary but that can change quickly

Our U18s are a 'Jekyl and Hyde' team; we managed to beat Sturt when they were top, allowing Norwood to take their spot. However, yes, we have put in a few very poor games. A lot depends on when those who play College football are available.
Cheers

P.S. In other news, it appears that Matthew Panos' season may be over, having scans today. A wonderful man and great player and it would be sad to see him finish his first season as captain on the sidelines.
by bulldogproud
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ian Callinan

Wingnut gave us Central supporters amazing memories during his time at the club. Praying for him to regain full health.
by bulldogproud
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Question was "Are you Drunk?"
I don't see the relevence and think its a poor attempt at being rude to a fellow poster who's opinion you might disagree with but no mate, working tomorrow. I could ask you a similar question but I wouldn't stoop to that, surely we can all have opinions and discuss footy games without rude inferences about each other, and as the bloke who created this site I discourage it.

Just remember when I asked my initial queation I had no idea who kicked it, I had the volume off the digital pass since before 2.30pm and was watching the game on a small tablet.
As this distraction did go on long enough in this game thread and a few days have passed, I'll keep it brief:-

:)) =)) :))

Short memories and all that.

Play on, and stay safe everyone.

I will just add one comment: To say that John Butcher would be unwelcome at Elizabeth, as a certain poster did, is as far from the truth as possible. For what John Butcher has offered the club this year, all Central supporters are extremely grateful. He commenced the season as a nonplaying assistant coach, which is worthy of thanks from the club itself. However, on realising that the club was short of key forwards (having lost Menzel, McKenzie and McLean even before Round One was completed) John answered the call and decided to don the boots once again. Huge thanks for this. Yes, he still sprays some set shots (which is probably why he played on in this instance) but his marking presence has vastly improved the performance of the team. Having Butch up forward either taking marks, or at the very least competing to get the ball to ground, has enabled our game plan to straighten-up, rather than have the huge amount of sideways movement without getting anywhere that we were seeing earlier in the season. Additionally, his kicking for goal has not been that bad this year... although he is still plauged by inconsistency.
For one, I hope that John Butcher plays on for us next year; he still has a huge amount to offer as player. Either way, I am so thankful of Butch's presence at the club... as an assistant coach and leader to the younger players.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

His kicking for goal is worful as we all know. I thought I heard a Centrals fan on here say he would play CHB this year. That where I would play him .

21.13 in 10 matches this year; one bag of five and four bags of three. A number of these goals have come from 40 metres out or beyond... not a bad return in my book. He has also spent periods down back and a fair bit of time in ruck.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

A great way of seeing off two of the greatest clubmen to have represented Central since the 2000's commenced. Thank you, Goody and Alfie for the great memories. Enjoy a well-earned retirement.
The Eagles may have played somewhat in 'cruise-control' mode today but I will still enjoy this win, as all Central supporters should.
Why does the season have to end now? - we are just beginning to hit peak form ;).
Still, encouraging signs from a number of young players... if we can hold onto them for next year!
by bulldogproud
Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

Great easy win by the North Ressies. Central lost one game in the minor round and have now lost two two finals. :shock:
2 GFs next week! :D

Good luck next week, Wedgie.
We sacked a popular coach who was beginning to get results: I don't think the players were too happy about that... and it showed with the performance of the Ressies.
by bulldogproud
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Didnt Grant deny that Thomas was going to be appointed? Was it advertised?

"Coach Jeff Andrews and the Club have parted ways and he will not be coaching the Central District Football Club in 2021 and beyond.

The Board and Management thank Jeff for his contribution to the Club and wish him every success in his next coaching endeavour.

Furthermore, contrary to any reports appearing in the media , the Club has not appointed Paul Thomas as Senior Coach and has not spoken to any other person in regard to the position at this stage.

No further comment will be made at this time.

Kris Grant, Chief Executive"

Some people stay at a Club too long, and end up undoing all the good work they have done.

Think Kris Grant fits that category, this is dead set embarrassing for him!

Time to go Kris!!

Why is it in the least embarrassing for him? He stated that Paul Thomas HAD NOT been appointed and that was the truth. Paul was later appointed but he had not been appointed at the time of Kris' comment. When one of your Chief Executive's leads a club to 9 premierships during his stint, come and talk to us then ;)
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The club's stand on this issue is simple,
We're a different club at Centrals,
it's a different environment than the other clubs & we need to stick to what's best for us,
don't appoint from outside the club because they wouldn't understand how we operate & our culture,
it didn't work with Cowboy,
it didn't work with Kerley,
it didn't really work with Clarko,
success came from the hard work of people like Alan Stewart, Kris Grant, Bill Cochrane & Roy Laird & all the die-hard volunteers who bleed for the club,,
You couldn't get a better Red, White & Blue pedigree than Paul Thomas,
his old man is a legend of the club, as is Paul too & now we have a female Thommo running around,
Port stuck with this principle for years & look where that got them in the SANFL,
we've copied them before & it worked,
time to get back to basics, back to our roots & start to rebuild the winning culture.
At least we'll now have the 100% support of all the players.

Then why did they appoint an outsider for 3 years? Who is taking accountability for that decision?

This indeed was their biggest error.

As for how it's panned out, they have their man... the guy they who they would have chosen 12 months ago if he was available.
Now they get him, at half the price.

I agree that we did not handle the sacking of Jeff Andrews at all well, and I do feel sorry for Jeff. Having moved on from that, I have no trouble with the actual appointment of Paul Thomas. If he was available at the time, he would have had the job this season.
It could have been a very similar situation at Sturt. There was no doubt that Mattner was going to be appointed for next season, regardless of whether Grima had time left on his contract or not.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great point

Both Centrals and Sturt have done legit almost identical things

One has come out of this looking bang average with a ton of lingering questions, the other club has people forgetting who their old coach was

Grima was out of contract, completely different

You think that Sturt would not have sacked Grima and replaced him with Mattner if Grima had time left on his contract? Knowing that Mattner was available, not a snowball's chance in hell ;) Sturt supporters would have been more vocal about missing out on the opportunity to replace Grima with Mattner than Norwood supporters have been for the calling of Cotton to be replaced. Nathan knew he had no chance of reappointment very early in the season.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EAGLES 2020 PREMIERS

I think so, Tea Tree Gully certainly was.
Another example of the SANFL screwing over Torrens.
We developed the area and it was even mooted that we set up home out there.
Then they gave the area to Norwood

Not sure you can say that the Eagles have been 'screwed over'. After all. you received the areas of two clubs: Woodville AND West Torrens. It was only right that some of your very old area was taken away.
The club has worked very hard in making success happen since then, but there is no way they were treated harshly by the SANFL.
Cheers

All 9 SANFL clubs have had equal zones well before the turn of the century. The Eagles don't have double the zone of everyone else.

It is no coincidence the lowest supported clubs (Eagles, South and West) have been shifted around the most over their history.

You can begin when Woodville was brought in in 1964. Then to compensate Torrens was given the north-east. Then it was taken away and handed to Norwood. Then the merger.

In more recent times, the Eagles lost Thebarton and that area to West in the early 2000's. Then when Port was turned into an AFL Reserves team, the Eagles were shifted out of the entire area west of the city and north of Trimmer Parade and even a suburb in Woodville was taken away. Glenelg and West the beneficiaries They have since been given a slice of the coastal area back to Henley Beach, beachside of Cudmore Tce and north of Henley Beach Rd.

The Eagles have taken over much of Port Adelaide heartland (good luck getting Eagles supporters from that lot - especially with the Magpies still in the SANFL) and have even built facilities in Wingfield of all places.

The club has still done a wonderful job of developing juniors and turning them in to AFL and SANFL League footballers, regardless of zones.

But yes, the SANFL have screwed over the Eagles, in both their forms, over the last 60 odd years. Hence they've gone from being the 3rd biggest club in 1963 (behind Port and Norwood) to one of the three smallest supported clubs. But, they've survived and prospered and the supporters who remain can be very proud of their club, which keeps battling on.

As you say, though, all clubs have had pretty evenly populated zones for many years. It will always be the clubs in the lower socio-economic areas that are faring worse from such a system though, as there is more need for the teenager to be seeking weekend employment to help support the family, plus less family cohesion.
by bulldogproud
Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Jono Beech came out to the school when I coached the sons footy team.
He was great with the kids.
Some of the players we’ve had out over the years are only there coz they have to be but Jono was great.
Seemed like a good lad.

Jono is a wonderful guy, and the rest of his family is amazing as well. His father Mick, sister Sheri and young brother Kylan all give up their time voluntarily to assist various charities, in particular St Vinnies. Kylan is also an up-and-coming field umpire; wishing him well in his Year 12 exams which he is sitting at the moment. The family have had to cope through troubled times as well, losing Jono's mum through cancer a few years ago.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US

I’m told that President Trump can’t get his messaging straight on counting the votes because he doesn’t understand what “stop the count” means. On a call this morning, an adviser had to explain to him that if they stopped counting votes right now, he would lose the election.

:lol:

... and he wants the counting to still go on in Arizona.. but nowhere else. Trump is a tool but anyone supporting him is worse than the man is himself.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:Just about every middle child I've ever known is a conspiracy theorist and goes against the popular opinion on nearly everything

Good enough reason to limit procreation to two kids ;)
by bulldogproud
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was so confused in the press conference the other day.

At one point he was saying they weren't allowed anywhere near close enough to see the ballots only for the his next sentence to say that all the handwriting looked suspiciously similar.

Surely if you were as far away as claimed you would not have seen handwriting.

They, and all Democrat scrutineers, were initially kept a 'safe COVID distance' of 6 feet away from the counters. Both Republican and Democrat scrutineers were treated exactly the same. You don't hear Democrats screaming 'fraud, fraud, fraud', do you? Only one party is acting decently in this election... and it sure isn't the Republicans.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like standing in the way of a legitimately elected president despite having no justification.

Nothing really happens until January anyway so I wouldn't say they are standing in the way YET.
He's obstructing the hand-over that is necessary for a smooth transition of power in January.

What is worse in my eyes is that he is trying to de-legitimise democracy. There will be many in the US who now will never accept the result of an election. This is exactly what Putin wanted when he 'installed' The Donald.
by bulldogproud
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

If they do go as supporters we have every right to be spewing .If they are only interested in money then all the talk about loving the club is rubbish and if they want to be money hungry then we will lose them.Secondly where are the Eagles getting all this money from, with allegedly a lower salary cap

The (West Torrens) Woodville Pizza Bar... under the counter
by bulldogproud
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's no rule anywhere but it's not your news to announce, never is.

What if their negotiations break down and they don't end up there, how stupid do you look then?

Of course they can announce it, two players have left. Supporters wanted to know if they were signed and they weren't, well done for letting us know. CDFC don't owe the Eagles anything.

I agree if the players have told them we are leaving to play at the Eagles, the club has every right to inform the members.

If they didn't mention where/what/why then no doubt the fans would have demanded those answers immediately.

I don't see it as sour grapes at all. The club took a smashing on the socials for not keeping members informed during the Andrews saga. It appears they have learnt from that and improved their communication to members.

They didn't make a big deal of it, a small section at the very bottom of some more positive news. if anything it felt like maybe they were trying to hide the news. Hardly screamed of sour grapes to me. I'm all for giving the club a hammering in when they deserve it but on this occasion they have dealt with it very professionally.

The news release from the club actually commenced with the very positive news of the two Schillers, Hoskin and Habel continuing on this year at the club. It then had photos of these four.. then at the very bottom just a tiny mention that Daniel and Troy have decided to move to WWT. There was no sour grapes at all, it was not a release just about the Menzels. It was mainly about players continuing on. Those who have been calling it sour grapes have taken it all out of context. Whilst being absolutely gutted at the loss of Daniel and Troy, I applaud the club for letting its members know.
Cheers

P.S. Although very sad to lose them, I do wish Troy and Daniel all the best at their new club.
by bulldogproud
Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And I think We finished 3rd in 2016, not too bad an effort I reckon.

4th if we’d beaten Sturt we would of won the flag.

Sturt beat a disinterested crows in the prelim and the chokers in the GF

And when was your last Grand Final appearance again?
And what was the result?

After winning 9 of the previous 11, we decided to have a lean decade... for the good of the rest of the teams and the SANFL overall ;)
by bulldogproud
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The reason we have the Barossa as our country zone is so that we can utilise as many sour grapes as we want.... and we will continue to. Us Doggies know how to utilise or 'cry' sour grapes better than anyone. ;)
by bulldogproud
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL clubs cap is $210,000?
Goldsack's salary is?? Probably less than $100k
I wish WE could pay more to entice players to Our club!

Maybe, to make it an even playing field (as Port were complaining that it wasn't), the AFL/SANFL should give every SANFL club $100 000 so that we can each appoint a playing assistant-coach... that would overcome Port's objection that it wasn't an even playing field. ;)
by bulldogproud
Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Henry Crau ford returns to Norwood.
Don't rate him, can't use his name in a pun. He probably also drinks funk coffee as well and isn't a true Cibo man.

Being a member of the Ford family, he probably won't be caught Holden' the ball too often. In fact, as Crau(w) comes from the German for neck, most tackles should be deemed too high.
by bulldogproud
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In what will hopefully be music to the ears of supporters, the club has recruited Keilor player Billy Idol, er Billy Eilish, naw it is Billy Iles. This is in addition to the sweet sounds of Amazing (Aiden) Grace. Billy is a young back pocket player who made the Eastern Districts team of the year for 2019.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:How long has Grant been in charge?

Since 1977, 44 years of amazing service to the club.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And now the sponsor's name covers the whole red hoop. Way to sell your soul. Grrrrrr!!

Why not take the hoops off the guernsey and just have the sponsor's name and call ourselves Peter Page Hyundai Bulldogs or PPHFC? (sarcasm)

Have you ever supported Centrals?

Since 1964 as a 7 year old. Club member since 1978, season ticket holder since 1980's. Been to every home and away and finals game since 1973, missed less than 10 games in 47 years. Bought hundreds maybe thousands of dollars of merchandise and food at canteen and meals in the club, put money through the pokies.

So no I don't support Centrals, I'm a johnny come lately wagon hopper, YOU IDIOT!

I realise you follow them. I realise from your posts that you attend matches. I assume you may even barrack for them at times.

I asked if you SUPPORT them as in get behind them, offer encouragement, find a positive? Accept that you can not win every game by clicking your fingers? Sometimes/often you lose because the other team is better? If my club gave me 9 premierships in 12(?) years I would find it impossible to find fault with every decision they have made.

Unfortunately, that can be part of the problem though. Having experienced 9 premierships in 11 years, it is easy to become too accustomed to success and hard to understand that it is not an automatic permanent feature. Whilst always hoping for success, I take the perspective that the average life expectancy is around 80 years. This equates to 8 premierships in a lifetime. I am blessed to have seen 9... and thank the club greatly for this.
by bulldogproud
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:will pm you

Chuck us one as well

Me too, please, Gazz, if you get a chance; could do with some potential good news. :)
Thanks
by bulldogproud
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central have also signed young goalsneak Jake Sutton from the NT Waratahs and Coburg.
Three minutes of Jake in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM0tiDKEEFk

He seems to be able to find good space in the forward lines.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Menzels Butcher Muzza Durdin Mckenzie Goody Toner would walk into our current league side imho

Hopefully the club can gain 2-3 more signatures before the season starts.

True, but the following were set to retire or are in the twilight of their career: Menzels, Butcher, Muzza, Goody
Toner was good but we only had him for less than a season and his best football only occurred in the last handful of matches.
We are lucky that Durdin was our only player picked up by the AwFuL - some clubs were hit a lot, lot harder.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shouldn’t come to that though. No player who has been on a AFL or state league list for the last 2 years should be eligible for the AFL reserves. Marquee player should be scrapped aswell

Oh please, he's played 5,3 and 10 matches at league level in the last 3 years, shit or get off the pan.

I am reasonably okay with Luke signing with Port. The one I do object to is Tyson Goldsack though. The AFL draft is solely for drafting players to play in the AFL. No club should be allowed to use one of their draft picks to simply have them play in a lower level of competition. If you are going to allow this, then, in fairness, every traditional SANFL club MUST be allowed to take part in the AFL draft and select the same number of players from it that Port or Adelaide draft simply for their SANFL teams.
Cheers

He wasn't drafted to play SANFL primarily, he was drafted to work his salary as a development coach out of the reduced "soft cap" ( off field cap ) and into the main cap ( on field ), the fact he can play SANFL is a bonus. Good, hey?

:D

He, in my understanding, will still be the only AFL player ever drafted in an AFL draft for the purpose of not playing AFL - it really should not have been allowed to happen. Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shouldn’t come to that though. No player who has been on a AFL or state league list for the last 2 years should be eligible for the AFL reserves. Marquee player should be scrapped aswell

Oh please, he's played 5,3 and 10 matches at league level in the last 3 years, shit or get off the pan.

I am reasonably okay with Luke signing with Port. The one I do object to is Tyson Goldsack though. The AFL draft is solely for drafting players to play in the AFL. No club should be allowed to use one of their draft picks to simply have them play in a lower level of competition. If you are going to allow this, then, in fairness, every traditional SANFL club MUST be allowed to take part in the AFL draft and select the same number of players from it that Port or Adelaide draft simply for their SANFL teams.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Last finals spot is down to the wire! SD hanging on for a draw with Sturt, must be 1-2 overs left and 9 down. WT are 7/199 with only a few overs left in the day. If SD hang on and WT and ET draw - WT should go through. ET take the last 3 wickets and they go through. ET and WT draw and Sturt win and the Blue are through. Amazing end to the season!

Edit: SD and Sturt just drew....

Been following all day while working. What an epic finish to the minor round! In the end, the rain did the right thing by the Eagles, but some hard fought draws for it to happen. A great innings by Patrick Fisher who is having a terrific season. Spencer Johnson always does well when it matters also. Solid all-round contributions by Short and Drew. Even Glenelg had to battle hard to win and ensure finals. Former Eagle great Ben Higgins’ son making a major contribution to that victory.

To top it all off, the number 11 batsman for Southerns whose three clubs seasons were hinging upon was called Riddle. And Sturt couldn’t solve it!

I presume West Torrens 2nd Grade got through too? They beat ET, but Uni thrashed Prospect. Not sure if they caught the Eagles on percentage?

By my calculations, we just snuck through ahead of Uni in the 2nd Grade. That must really irk that poster named 'Spiderman' ;)
by bulldogproud
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

If they don't they can always raid our best & fairest place getters again. :roll:

You mean talk to them when your mob opens the door for them to leave . And if it’s correct pay them less money than they were getting at Elizabeth.
Don’t forget you got Boyd back from us in

Agreed, we can't blame the Eagles for the departure of Troy and Dan. Promises made by the previous coaching staff that were unable to be met by the current coaching staff were the key reason.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harry Grant, 173 cms, 79 kgs.
Matt Neagle, 185 cms, 80 kgs.
Dallas Hill, 195 cms, 101 kgs.
Dylan Morton,
Jamie Coff, 197 cms, 86 kgs.
Together with Jack Sutton, Aiden Grace, Jacob Templeton, Billy Iles & Jaxon Neagle, we seem to have recruited rather well!
Maybe not as doom & gloom as some might think!
Hopefully a couple more still.
The bloke from Sydney has decided to stay with Sydney,
I'm still trying to find out about the other one.
Any news on the other possible recruit now his season in the NT just finished.

I don't think he is intending on coming down any more, unfortunately.
by bulldogproud
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trial Games

goddy11 wrote:The Central supporters might be happy to know Dan Menzel kicked 4.2 against the Crows yesterday. In fairness it was a very depleted Crows team. :D

We are more than happy with their replacements: Grant and Graham.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R1 Centrals v North Friday 2.10 PM

Lots of talk at the ground that James Boyd has retired and Connor McLean has left the club. Can anyone confirm?
Boydy was going to start in the pocket, wasn't happy about that,
McLean isn't well & needs time off.

That throws a totally new light on Connor's situation; I had only heard that he had left the club.
There is a lot of love at the club for you, Connor, and we pray that you have a full and speedy recovery from what you are going through.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

[
Unlike you Captain whingey to not recognise champagne comedy when you see it.

You're not funny!

I'm sick of this constant bashing of me and the term whingeing.

Congratulations Doc you are now on my Official Hate List along with Goddy11 and Broadlach. I'm disappointed in you locky801 and StrayDog and also BulldogProu and Saintal for liking these peoples abuse of me.

Dear Groucho, I apologise for your taking my 'like' the wrong way. I just thought it was pretty clever how PPHFC could be interpreted as 'Port Power Hypocrites Football Club''.... which I believe is a pretty appropriate description of them :)
I am confident that most on here mean no personal harm to you, Groucho.... at the same time, it would be nice to see some more positivity about our club from your posts though. I have been at fault on that count too though; I predicted we would win the spoon before last week's match. Now I am somewhat more hopeful, although one sparrow does not make a summer.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

"we could always do what the Eagles do and arrange 'employment' for them through a job agency so we don't have to include them under the salary cap..

Every club including yours does this. Nothing illegal or even wrong with this.

True, there isn't; I never said there was. Unfortunately, though, we don't have a job agency as a major sponsor and have a lot of trouble finding employment for players. We have missed out on a number of recruits in the past few seasons as a result. I also know that at least one club the recruits have never spent a day working for their 'employer'; they possibly don't even know who their employer who pays them actually is. This is what I find a bit unethical.
Cheers
Gowans were the best paid 'chippies' in Sth Aust. All clubs bend the rules including yours.

They ran their own business; they were not actually employed by anyone. Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

Great to see Connor named in the Ressies. Welcome back, son!
by bulldogproud
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

If we didn't have 11 scoring shots at that time, I would fully agree with you. However, the effort was there from the boys. It was just that we ended up being somewhat indirect and taking shots from a long way out or on tough angles in most cases. Aidan probably had his quietest game for the season (he had a very tough opponent) and we definitely missed a tall forward option who could take grabs closer to goal, giving us better opportunities to convert.

Sadly, I don't see a solution to this problem. If Grace is blanketed and Hosko is not kicking goals, I can't see where we will get them from. Rather, we end up having attempts from 40 or 50 metres out on tough angles. This is a key area where Butch was so important to us last year. I don't see any player at the club (maybe Marcus Barreau will grow into this role?) at the moment who can be relied upon to take pack marks up forward and assist Aidan. Aidan does incredibly well for his height, just quietly.
by bulldogproud
Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Although very disappointed about the result, I wouldn't call the second half against West a fadeout. We had as much of the ball and more Inside 50's; we just couldn't convert into goals, despite having 11 scoring shots. If we had someone tall up forward, it could have been a different story.

Yes, we definitely had poor halfs against Glenelg and Port. However, we won't be the only team to do this. Even the Eagles struggled against Port, even more than we did.

I think the effort is there from the boys, it is just that we definitely don't have the cattle. Unfortunately this doesn't leave me very confident about more wins later in the season; it is possible to increase effort but it isn't possible to get better cattle at this stage of the season.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu May 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Although very disappointed about the result, I wouldn't call the second half against West a fadeout. We had as much of the ball and more Inside 50's; we just couldn't convert into goals, despite having 11 scoring shots. If we had someone tall up forward, it could have been a different story.

Yes, we definitely had poor halfs against Glenelg and Port. However, we won't be the only team to do this. Even the Eagles struggled against Port, even more than we did.

I think the effort is there from the boys, it is just that we definitely don't have the cattle. Unfortunately this doesn't leave me very confident about more wins later in the season; it is possible to increase effort but it isn't possible to get better cattle at this stage of the season.

Cheers

Your very kind if you think a no goal half is not a fadeout.

I should have also said as well we have gone from having a top of the table reserves side to now one that is currently in 7th. You could argue not only our performances on field as bad as ever we have less depth than we previously had as well.

The last 3 weeks have really killed my optimism...…..im borderline groucho :D Keeping in mind the club were publically talking top 3 potential.

Ps I currently play with bucket Mackenzies brother and despite being about 40 boy can he play.....would probably get a league gig with us... :D

I don't call it a fadeout when you have more possessions, more Inside 50's and as many scoring shots in a half as your opponents, no.

Re the Reserves, it may not be as bad as it looks. The anomoly of the draw means that we have played West and Glenelg twice (despite only having had five rounds so far). Glenelg are unbeaten and have doubled their opponents' score in most matches. The only matches that West have lost to have been to Glenelg and to us (we are one-all, having beaten them on their home deck convincingly last week). We may indeed be the second best team in the Reserves; we will only know after we have played all sides (rather than just three).

Perhaps ask if Bucket's brother would like to play for us... extra height would certainly help.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Thu May 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the positive side, the Under 18s had their first win for the season, and a very comfortable one (27 scoring shots to 9!). They had been very close the previous two weeks, losing on the last kick of the game to South and losing by under a goal to West.
The Ressies also had a very comfortable win against Norwood (18 scoring shots to 5 to lemons).

As said by a number of other posters, if we had a couple of tall players who could take contested marks we would be extremely competitive. Without those, we will struggle to win any more games this year though. At least we have not been blown away by any side, with our biggest loss being by 34 points.

Cheers
by bulldogproud
Mon May 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The result may have indeed been different; at the time, I did say I felt sorry for Norwood supporters.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Mon May 10, 2021 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

Well done to the boys!
Also great to see good wins in the Ressies and the U18s. We are now off the bottom in all grades, a pleasing achievement at this stage.
I hope Groucho is smiling.
Cheers

P.S. Good to see Zane rewarded with guards of honour from both clubs, a wonderful clubman and champion footballer and bloke.
by bulldogproud
Sat May 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals vs West

Game of the week.

Quite literally.

Well, you can only win two things in the SANFL; the premiership or the wooden spoon. The loser of this match is well placed to win the latter.
Hopefully it won't be us... although our last spoon was way back in 1977 (only second overall), I am not ready for the club to win this. ;)

On another note, good luck to one of my students, Darcy McDonald, who makes his debut for our Ressies after performing very well in the U18s. Almost all of our students who play SANFL play for Sturt or Norwood so I am very pleased to have Darcy as one of ours. :D
by bulldogproud
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Norwood v Centrals Saturday 1410

UK Fan wrote:Dogs side

https://cdfc.com.au/news/league-round-1 ... lection-3/

Out: Graham
In: Dahms

Bit disappointed to see Graham out after playing an excellent game two rounds ago.
Our boys will give everything they've got but Norwood should be too strong... by about 22 points.
by bulldogproud
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aiden Grace.

Quite probably the best recruit this year. Looks a real talent.
Recruited 8 players, only one has stood out unfortunately.

Agree.

Recruiting in 2021 has to be graded as a fail.

Probably a 'D' with Grace lifting the score significantly.

Harry Grant and Dylan Morton have both performed well. Grant would be high up in our B&F at this stage.
by bulldogproud
Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 2.10

Nice to see Hosie & Stretch coming back through the Magoos.
Hopefully cherry ripe come finals.
Yep, will provide the team with a Boost in seeking premiership Bounty, Moro less. Getting a spot in that Bay side won't be a Picnic, though.

I can hear the snickers at that, but the shrinking violets crumble at those puns
I too have heard the Snickers from opposition supporters who Whip themselves into a frenzy hoping we Flake in the finals despite being Breakaway leaders all year. But when it comes to the Crunch I reckon we’ll be Top Deck & I’ll Twirl in the Streets.
Timeout for me now…

Your team is definitely Favourites for the choccies but, boy, you guys sure Polly Waffle with your Fan Tales at times.
by bulldogproud
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |