Return

Re: I need to know....

They dismantle the cars and then rebuild them upstairs :D
by Mr Beefy
Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Early November start. Good on em! Hopefully they put the extra few weeks to good use. I'm hoping we are right up there when it comes to fitness. Gives us something to chase.
by BurraBoys
Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

groves played the crows i heard? any scores?

Got our arse kicked lol. Seriously though, it was a great opportunity to be exposed to a higher level. Irrespective of score we were happy with performance. Won an even share of contested ball and stuck to the game plan well. Just a case of turnovers and speed of transition that they really made us pay. Just getting to warm up in 'the shed' and play on footy park was great.
by BurraBoys
Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hold the view it's about the kids rather than the Clubs. It should be about creating the best environment for children to play football rather than creating some kind of socialized environment to ensure some kind of equal arrangement amongst clubs

Of course it's about the kids.

If a parent 'knows' that one club will certainly have a team(s), but they are unsure whether the club down the road will, they will choose the club that they know will have a team and a spot for their child.

This becomes a self fulfilling cycle. They go to the bigger club not because they run a better program, but because it's a safer option.

More competition will force clubs to run better programs because they know if they don't players/parents will speak with their feet and move. If there's no/few other options big clubs can run mediocre programs to little of their own detriment.

Balance between allowing good programs to prosper and competition which will demand quality.

Jetters you are way off the mark here mate..

Why should a club like GG, who have spent the last 20 year building a "family" culture have to give up future senior players of the club becasue other clubs who are more senior driven have no juniors and start to whinge when they find themselves slipping down the grades.
by Burras
Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hope Valley couldn't get within 100 points of GG last year, does that mean they're on par with them then? :-P

Personally I think gg are miles ahead of where we were last year. As we need to be. Don't know what other sides have done or are doing, but we've trained harder than before and worked more on structure so we are ready for round 1, albeit in round .2. Kilburn showed glimpses, and I think will be solid in 4s.
by easy TIGA
Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloody quiet in here! What are we expecting this week?

I know our boys are itching to go. Sitting out last weekend sucked!
by BurraBoys
Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sporting pulse shows no such thing. Investigation was still pending yesterday.

FP have been told it's confirmed which is why the players were informed.
Golden Grove's players were told at training last night they had lost the points so i guess its confirmed

Yeh we got the run down of it last night as well. The saafl were all over it quickly. The call came in to FP Sunday morning at 9am that GG score would be wiped.

Who's WE? (assuming FP) I didn't even realise you were playing back in town :lol:

I see the scores have been wiped but womens intuition tells me that this may not be the last we hear of it.
by Footy Chick
Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who's WE? (assuming FP) I didn't even realise you were playing back in town :lol:

I see the scores have been wiped but womens intuition tells me that this may not be the last we hear of it.

only the last couple of years!

That's why I knew what happened, we were told about it Sunday, Why won't it be the last we hear of it? The rule is there in black and white!

Nothing here says they broke a rule:

16 SANFL PLAYERS PLAYING IN SAAFL
16.1 A player who is registered in accordance with Clause 10.2 and whom plays for a team competing in the SANFL competition shall not require a transfer to resume playing for the Member Club to whom they are registered provided they have previously been transferred to their Member Club from their immediate last Australian Football club.
16.2 A player who is listed on an SANFL club’s 1 - 35 player list in the current playing season shall submit written permission from his SANFL club to The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
16.3 When a registered player of a Member Club plays a league or reserves match for an SANFL club, which then has a bye in the following SANFL minor round, such player shall not play (with the exception of The League Under 18’s Divisions) in that round for such player’s Member Club or for any other Member Club unless the player has played a combined minimum total of twenty five (25) or more Senior and Junior matches with such Member Club.
(a) The player shall submit written permission from his SANFL Club to The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
(b) Junior football is deemed as matches played from the year in which the player turns 13 years of age.
16.4 On a SANFL bye round, players playing in SANFL Under 18’s may play with their Member Club in any Division after advising in writing and receiving approval from The League prior to him playing for his Member Club.
16.5 An SANFL state match where the SANFL clubs do not play is considered as a SANFL club bye.

16.1 - no transfer needed, resuming playing for existing member club
16.2 - not on 1-35 player list as they are top-up players
16.3 - there was no bye, so this is not relevant
16.4 - not U/18 or bye, so not relevant
16.5 - no state match

Is there another rule?
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Better Call Saul....
by Hefty
Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard it was a spinal but turned out ok once properly reviewed at hospital
by BurraBoys
Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |