Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Saw a little bit of Adelaide Uni vs Vale.

Vale had a real crack and were right in it but for goodness sake you're a 5 goal better side with Burgess in the ruck. Stop playing him as a book end!

Uni lacks a bit of polish, would assume players will return this week.
by morell
Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what do you expect this week in both As and Bs against Houghton 2 comfortable wins for Houghton. Despite our good form Houghton are a class above.

U couldn't have watched to much of the game. He was in the ruck for 80% of the game I watched the first half, Burgess started in the ruck and then the long sleeve bloke played the majority of the rest of the first quarter and start of the second quarter and you got belted. Moved him back in there at the end of the second and you went on a scoring spree. Must have played the rest of the game in there?

With Gollan and Varcoe in there being able to direct the tap to give you first use would make that starting midfield deadly.
by morell
Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In all seriousness, having both Houghton and Mitchell Park in a grand final at Thebby is fantastic. Both teams have a strong supporter base and there will be a great atmosphere with a lot of colour about the ground in Saturday.

Both teams play a similar brand of footy, pressure and tackling orientated, it should be a great display of hard finals footy that will draw plenty of neutral observers to the game.
by Q.
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Does anyone give our boys a chance against the Pines? It looked like they ran out of legs at Houghton two weeks ago, the wide expanses of Thebby may test them.
Absolutely! And I'll be hitting you all up for a Brown and Gold scarf in that game.
by morell
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Word around the traps is west croyden are very confident of going through the season undefeated

they might!

West Croydon
Adelaide Lutheran
Trinity
Woodville South
Brahma Lodge

Ingle Farm
Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes
Houghton
Mitchell Park

very hard to do a ladder now without the knowledge of ins and outs..no disrespect intended to any clubs i have put in the bottom 5..div 7 clubs coming up need to prove they can mix it..and div 5 clubs coming down need to show why they were div 5 previously..the rest is pretty much as it was last season with a little drop to fitzroy and a few rungs higher for the lodge..
by zedman
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Looking at our strong list, I think it would be ideal if we can add a key defender and a gun outside midfielder to compliment all our inside mids.
by Q.
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

and shirley its time for morell's annual betting book?

Very early days but here goes:

Para Hills - $1.10
PAOC - $4.00
St Pauls OS - $8.00
Adelaide Lutheran - $9.00
Adelaide Uni - $15.00
Mitchell Park - $15.00
Flinders Uni - $20.00
Central United - $20.00
TTG - $40.00
North Pines - $80.00

This bookie most worried about Central United and TTG at those odds. Will have to dial them in I think

66% loading. Don't like it bet with Trader.
by morell
Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Greenacres struggling..

West Croydon to D5
Para Hills to D6
Greenacres to D7

Lock it in Eddie..
Looks like this Hot Seat Contestant might be on the money with Greenacres potentially struggling to field a side from all reports.

Still time but these movements make a hell of a lot of sense.
by morell
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Careys market based on whispers, Rumors and total bullshit read on here

Para Hills $1.60 (Favourites yes, Certainties hell no)
PAC $3.80 (Huge amount of depth, Fit as and will be very tough to beat)
Units $6 (Will be the bolter)
A/L $8
ST Pauls $10
M/Park $12 (Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors from Morell and HBF, Will be around the mark tough to beat at the den)
TTG $14
Adel uni $16
Flinders $30
Pines $100
by carey
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Flinders University vs Adelaide University - 12 points
Mitchell Park vs St Pauls OS - 30 points
Prince Alfred OC vs Adelaide Lutheran - 24 points
Tea Tree Gully vs North Pines - 42 points
Para Hills vs Central United - 48 points
Whats this Morell? Tipping against your own team?? Think you're trying to take the pressure of yourselves bud??

HBF will have them ready to go..playing with enthusiasm and passion at home they will defeat SPOSFC imo..

FUFC
MPFC
ALFC
TTGFC
CUFC
by zedman
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're battling. :([/quote]
Battling. Yeah and I just won 21 million dollars on the weekend. ;)[/quote]We've lost about 30 players from last years squad. Added about 6. Would average 15 on the track.

We're battling, by definition.[/quote]

I think the game may be up now Morrell. Mitchell Park to second favorite for the flag behind Para Hills i think.
by old farmer
Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Greenacres have been treated horribly on these forums at times. A proud Amateur League club who have won more Div 1 flags than most of the clubs who slag them off combined ever have. Well done on the win to all involved.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Accurate. Never claimed to have an ability to understand human beings and their emotions. Stupid creatures.
by morell
Tue May 09, 2017 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:At least Hanson and Cree would've learned their lesson in the B grade with 15 goals between them haha :lol:

least the A grade coach had the balls to enforce rules most coaches look the other way
by Robb_Stark
Sun May 14, 2017 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Hey Zed. Haven't seen any comments of last weekends game. Can you give a bit of a match report? Would have thought you guys would have gotten up over Woody South.

to quote the great greg popovich:

"We lost, they won and they played better"

cats have been competitive in every game in 2017 and adam said it was the best they had played all year by a mile..kudos to them..kicking only 1 point with the breeze in the last quarter obviously sealed our fate..we lick our wounds, of which there is plenty, and try to respond this week versus rosies..
by zedman
Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
carey wrote:Morell got us another 2 see I told you blokes he was alright! ;)
Clearly my instructions of "none for Dutchy or Box" were ignored.

I was putting money into your club, was on the Johnnie Walkers.
by The Real Number 3
Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |