Search found more than 2941 matches

Return

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

whufc wrote:Handscombe average 28 and Renshaw averaged 29 in India.

Not the worst performances on the planet but definitely not worth knocking out a red hot Trav Head to start to the series.

Haven't you changed your tune towards Head lately :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:And finally

What’s your rush? Still 7 sessions left.. clearly batting towards either a 400 lead, or tea break.
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 22/23

Siddles time is up, cost the strikers the game simple as that.

Lose by 8 runs, he went at 20 RPO
by The Bedge
Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:This series he has been an absolute pleasure to watch.

He's made like 30 runs for the series before today.
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Booney wrote:Nobody posts this about navy, army or air force members, people far more deserving of our appreciation and understanding.

Well now you have. :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2023

whufc wrote:Nathan Lyon

34 wickets @ 30.59
SR 51.79
E/R 3.54

Those numbers are improved through the fact he's taken 11 of the wickets @ 2.77 against the bottom 4 batsmen.

Averages 61.80 against the top 4 batsmen.
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:For comparison...

Shane Warne 34 wickets @ 43.00

Well to be fair he did have to bowl to the likes of Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag, Ganguly :D
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full Track AI

Private cricket coach who coaches individuals at our club uses it, looks neat and fun, but I struggle to see the value once the novelty wears off.. and not ideal for team trainings where blokes love to try and whack the ball like they're at a golf range.

He's also got a product that sticks to the back of a bat and has an app on his phone, can track all shots, timing etc - that looks far better... i dont remember what it's called though.
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't help but think CA or C7 / C9 are the issue with commentators.. I used to enjoy the likes of Mark Nicholas, Kerry O'Keefe, Simon Katich etc.. until they went to the mainstream Aussie broadcasts.

I enjoy the radio commentary more because they commentate the game in more detail - I find on tv the commentators go off on tangents and tell meaningless stories, or find one thing they don't agree with, or a mistake made and repeat it over and over for an hour.
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Little surprised more young players don't burn out or lose interest to be honest.

You're basically putting your life on hold from 13+ and everything is into footy to get drafted.. then get drafted and it's football 24/7 busting your arse to get a game. It's a fair demand / sacrifice for a young person, especially when your friends are probably enjoying a different lifestyle.
by The Bedge
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I support CA’s stance.. it’s 2023 not 1823 - women and girls deserve equal opportunity and should be allowed to participate in sport if they choose.
by The Bedge
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not politics. It's standing up for basic human rights.. and yes, sport is the best vehicle for driving that.
by The Bedge
Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Modernising Test Cricket

Disagree especially in the case of the Windies......
Hmm I thought it was well documented that issues - particularly around $$ with the WICB and WI Government was a large part of the decline in cricket, and was also a major factor in players defecting to T20 format in the early years and/or playing overseas.
by The Bedge
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

Daisy did incredible things for women's footy. Also cant be easy returning to the rigors of sport so soon after having twins - to have to juggle two young children and a sport career.. I see how hard it is on my mrs juggling our kids as it is.
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Sick of working with lazy people.. and worse is when those who did nothing are praised because they make everyone believe they're holding the world together.
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Predictions

I predict it'll take 3 rounds before either a new rule or interpretation of a rule is introduced... another 12 weeks until its forgotten about.. then another 5 rounds before it's remembered once more.
by The Bedge
Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:It might be his hoe.

Getting laid on tick, using me to fix his debts? :D :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Siddle & Agar didn’t bowl bad tonight - Siddle was tidy - but I can’t help but think they’re one trick ponies. Very predictable.. prob same with Rashid to be fair, it’s 90% fast wrong ‘uns.

Like to see some variety next year - maybe a left arm seamer, a medium pacer with good variations, give Boyce another crack as the spinner along with Short, maybe bowl Head a little. Add a genuine game changing batsman. D’arcy Short is excess at Hobart, maybe get him to Adel Oval.
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dizzy is a terrible coach.
Can’t blame Dizzy for some of the execution last night - Siddle bowls 5 good balls full of length, only goes for 3 off the over, then goes full again with mid off and on up and Finch collects a boundary.

Conway bowls an over that has 4 good balls in it then instead of getting out of the over just bowls a rank length ball dispatched into the stands.
Agar with no runs to play with runs in and tries to hit the top of off two balls in a row and is out wide of mid on for boundaries.

Finch batted superbly last night but he never looked in trouble, just worked singles and then when he had to take a risk he knew the ball would be in the same spot it had been for last half dozen.

Most of the innings the Strikers allowed them to just milk singles at ease and keep the chase under control, really didn’t squeeze them to try and get ahead.
by The Bedge
Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Subs

For cricket this year, we engaged a company / app called "Team Pay".. they use it for social basketball etc.

It's been very successful at cricket, i'll be trying it at football this season - essentially players setup, add card details and each game they play they're charged an amount you've set up e.g. $10.

Just need a "captain" to go in and select the players on the app and then charge for the game.

In the dashboard you can set up specific amounts i.e. $5 for U18s, so i'm hoping this year I can just work out how much players owe on their subs and then divide by games in the season and set their amount at that.

We have setup for rego this year options for players to pay 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of their fees when registering, and if 100% then offered a discount.

See how it goes i guess.
by The Bedge
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community Cricket Structure

With the rumours of the SCA folding over the winter, C&CCA (despite the most evenly contested season in a long time) struggling for numbers and the Hills leagues facing constant uphill battles, it makes me wonder if it's time someone like SAMCA/SACA stepped in and looked at an overhaul and restructuring of community cricket statewide.

Personally I think the state should be zoned into 3 main sections - South (A&SCA), Metro/Central (C&CCA) and North (PDCA).

Absorb clubs from Hills and SCA into the zones, and obviously re-zone existing clubs accordingly, this would create 3 strong competitions covering all major areas of the state.

Also could look to invest in clubs transitioning to turf wickets, increase the number of turf clubs and split ATCA into North and South zones?

Curious to hear peoples thoughts...
Phantom you were a true visionary when others failed to see it. 8)
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

BigB wrote:Unless you're subscribed to Mr Murdoch you can't see the stories in the local rag about who's going where.. would be good if there was a clearance link. What's the problem with having one, anyone know?

PlayHQ haven't built one in yet.
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

On the upside, pitch looks nice and the body shapes of the players makes me believe i'd be right at home at that level. 8)
by The Bedge
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

northerner wrote:It's not as if Heads form on the sub continent demands selection.

This is very true.. but then why not go Handscomb the right hander? Surely a right hander would handle better than a lefty with reach?
by The Bedge
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s best Head was dropped and Renshaw failed - if Head played and failed it could’ve completely destroyed his opportunities in touring sides.. not to mention the hordes would’ve been all over him failing and previous record on sun continent.
by The Bedge
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Subs

We used the Play HQ system. When players registered, they had to pay their subs in full at the same time.

Worked well, 99.9% fully paid by round 1 no chasing players etc. Gives the club a good cash flow hit.

Players now know this is the norm. Do it once and everyone will toe the line.
Bullshit. What a load of shit.
by The Bedge
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clearances

Footy Chick wrote:That website is made up completely of posts plucked from club FB pages

but... but.. thanks to little Timmy for sending it through - we get THOUSANDS of emails / messages / calls every day from clubs :P
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

whufc wrote:Missing cult heroes such as M.Bedgegood, C.Knapp, S.Keylock :lol: :lol: :lol:

SAFooty hall of famers perhaps :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

2023 North Adelaide SANFLW Pocket Profile
from sanfl website

One to Watch - Jayde Visser
Described as an ”incredible little footballer” by North coach Krissie Steen, Jayde Visser is ready to make her mark in the Roosters’ League team this year.

Recruited from Modbury FC, Visser has pace to burn and has been showing similar traits to star Croweaters junior Shineah Goody.
SANFL must be reading SAFooty :P

Coz she’s a jet
Mail is Visser to debut tomorrow night vs Norwood.
by The Bedge
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No I didn’t :P
by The Bedge
Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australia lost that match & should have won, we need to keep that in mind for the next test.
IF we had batted "normally" (like a test team does), we SHOULD have batted most of the day & compiled a lead of 200, maybe more,
then there's every chance (and more than likely) that we would have won.
It's simple, the next 2 matches, just play proper cricket shots, like we used to not too long ago,
it's not T20!!
WTF is a reverse sweep?? It's just dumb cricket!
Patience is a virtue.
Hmm yes and no.. the wickets were bad yesterday, and when 7/10 were out bowled or LBW trying to sweep it's fricking ugly!! That's the biggest flaw, the sweep.

But.

I think once it reached a point where we lost the top order, the idea of "knuckling down" and staying patient is not going to help in those conditions, you'll just bat yourself into a hole, chew up balls and lose your wicket anyway. I think Australia had to try and swing some sort of momentum back, or at least look to score before it went to crap.

Yeah, it didn't work - it failed terribly - but if the Aussies were able to streak their way to another 50-60 runs, then it may have been enough to bowl on.

Pitch isn't conducive to time in the middle on the 3rd day.

As for the reverse sweep - sometimes it's got to be implored - you have an attacking field, ball spinning away, it's probably a lower risk shot than defending and driving.. on some pitches :D
by The Bedge
Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Were any of those sides ranked No. 1 with the best ranked bowler and batter in the world at the time?
I'd be surprised if a #1 fast bowler had a huge impact in India previously.

What about the team and the batter?

The Aussies have been shithouse, there’s no sugar coating it.
Of course they've been shit - but anyone would think the world was caving in, and we have been as basket case for a while.

We are getting a lesson on the hardest location in the planet to conquer by a side that is very good and ranked accordingly. Work to be done, but geez perspective folks before calling for wholesale changes.

Wait till we lose the Ashes first :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

whufc wrote:How many if any players went from the Lodge to Smithfield.

None.
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This was what I emailed to the assoc over the weeekend:

Evening,

I write in regard to the events which unfolded on Saturday afternoon in Grade 3. Below is a compiled account of events that I have collected – I don’t claim this to be the whole and complete truth, and I’m sure there is plenty missing!

Before I start, I want it understood that personally and as a club I am vehemently against this sort of behaviour – I don’t believe either club / party is innocent – and I’m incredibly embarrassed and angry that a game of cricket can turn into this.

31st over, 2nd ball – Sandy Dhillon (Stand in Captain) appealed for LBW and was declined.
End of over, the 1st slip Harsh Bharti and wicketkeeper Aman Singh met with Sandy to talk about the LBW. Sandy explained where it pitched and where it was hitting (or not).
Non-striker batsman Chaffey interrupted their talk with “It was given not out, get the f*ck over it”.
Dhillon replied by telling him they aren’t talking to him or the umpire, a discussion between themselves so go back and concentrate on batting.
An argument ensured with Chaffey swearing and moved closer to Dhillon
At this stage the w/k Singh stepped forward and tried to send him back to his batting position.
The swearing and dialogue got more aggressive and heated.

This is where it becomes a little more vague

One account had Chaffey warned Aman he would hit him, Aman replied with “go on then” and Chaffey punched him in the stomach
This increased hostilities, an Enfield player? Grabbed a bat out of the other batsman’s hands.
Chaffey struck Aman with his bat across the side / back
Aman ran off and grabbed a stump, came back at him

Back to where most stories lineup:

At this stage the whole Eyre Royals side came onto the field, and I’m told also a spectator (but I believe it was Coombe) speared tackled Aman to the ground, jumped on top and wrestled.
Aman wrestled his way back on top, and both had each other in some sort of headlock.
Half a dozen players tried pulling the two apart
Both sides were separated, and the heated abusive language flew backwards and forwards, before finally going their separate ways and taking tea.

At this stage I was called by my partner – I spoke with both captains and got a brief run down of events. I suggested that the game should be called off, but Eyre Captain Darlow insisted they couldn’t afford that and needed the points, and assured me they’d taken care of Chaffey and settling him.

I suggested they take an extended tea break for 30min to ensure tempers simmer and take emotion out, and that if both sides could act like mature adults, then continue – but if anything else occurred that’s it call it.
After that I called Pete Clarkson to inform him of what had happened, the feedback I’d given, and requested that he send an official to our ground to monitor events for the remainder of the day.
Elaine Figallo presented and observed the remainder of the day without incident.

People I spoke with:
Sandy Dhillon – Enfield Captain
Josh Darlow – Eyre Royals Captain
Michael Feltus – Eyre Royals Spectator
Shane Douglas – Eyre Royals Player

Other comments:
Michael Feltus informed that the language and attitude from Eyre Royals was poor from the start of play but did say that Chaffey appeared to be “backing up” with a few Enfield players moving towards him.
He also mentioned he thought he was saw “what probably was a punch to the stomach”
Finally said an Enfield player ran past the Enfield players to grab the stump, then back through them and no one stopped him.

Background
An official umpire was requested for this match but not supplied. There was also an incident on Sunday in the T20 late in the game, that saw tempers flare when a run out was given not out. This involved Chaffey mostly at point and Kent. Kent gave one of our players an unnecessary send off. Post game, several players refused to shake hands and comments about being cheats were thrown out, it began getting heated with an Eyre player getting in the face of an Enfield player and then wanting to fight as players came between and separated them. Abuse continued. Coombe also came onto the ground and called a player to the car park despite not being part of the game.

I believe this set the tone for this week. I went over to the Eyre group post game to chat and try to settle the situation, but to little avail. Comments about “always having trouble” with our team constantly thrown at me. I was told that Vijay Kumar “always cheats” despite being his 1st season at the club, and 3 years ago Nav Singh “cheated and threatened players” despite this being only his second season at the club.

Sunday was the FIRST time I’ve had any issues against Eyre.

Teams
It should be noted, that Sunday’s T20 was an A grade team – none of the players had played most those Eyre team previously and didn’t play on Saturday.
Saturday’s B team was predominately C grade players who had come up – they have no history with this Eyre team and haven’t played them this season previously.
There were previous issues in 2020 between Eyre B and Enfield B – only two players (Dhillon and Bharti) remain from that team.

Eyre Players
The consistency amongst the incidents:
Leon Kent
Josh Darlow
Dylan Chaffey
Daniel Coombe
Darryl Harris

I fear that a group of Eyre Royals players (if not more) may or may not have a level of pre-conceived prejudice. I’m not trying to suggest they’re racist but rather that they have had a bad experience at some point in the past and now have a blanket mentality and stereotype towards all members of our club as a collective and are allowing these personal views or opinions to manifest and create a level of friction each time we play that continues to escalate.

I want this matter handled quickly and efficiently, regardless of the outcome, it’s untenable having constant conflict and rift between the two sides.

Please let me know if you require anything further, or if I can assist in any other way.

Kind regards
Matthew Bedgegood
Chairman
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Spencer Johnson flying since coming into the side - does it shit anyone else to think the only reason he got a game was coz he was given a chance by Brisbane in the BBL?

It’s disgraceful that it took that happening before SACA selectors thought oh shit maybe this guy can play.
by The Bedge
Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday evening last week, I posted comments on here related to the Eyre Royals Cricket Club which were unfounded, derogatory, harmful and serious in nature.

I unreservedly apologise for my actions and behavior, and for the distress and offence that my remarks caused. I have always enjoyed a good relationship with Eyre Royals, and have fond memories of my time spent at the club and the relationships formed with it's members - it's sobering to think that I've caused damage to that with a few moments of carelessness.

Whilst it's no excuse, following a very trying period in recent weeks, plus an over indulgence of beer - I was overwhelmed with indignation at another comment that was made on here, and reacted stupidly and without thought or consideration for those impacted, and dragged the Eyre Royals club unwillingly into my response.

As a person in a position of trust and responsibility within my club, I need to hold myself to the highest account and be representative of the behavior expected of me and that I would expect of my members. It was foolish, immature and irresponsible. I am sorry.

I also want to extend my sincerest apologies on behalf of the Enfield United CCC for the actions and situation that unfolded during our B grade match over the last two weeks, and for the part that our players played in bringing the game into disrepute. As a club, we don't stand for these behaviors and we are committed to improving our standards and expectations of our members across all facets.

My only hope, is that we are able to put the past two weeks behind us sooner rather than later, and return as a collective to resuming playing, promoting and developing the great game of cricket in our communities.
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** lads i'm still here, i'm not dead! :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Aren't coaches signed to a contract same as players? Surely if something better came up, Mitchell Park would have grounds to squash any move?
Why would you want to keep someone that doesn’t want to be there?

Hopefully they haven’t paid him anything upfront
I wouldn't want to keep him - but I also wouldn't want him landing another job whilst as a club we are without a senior coach. Further to that, I'd be filthy if he quit to go to greener pastures this close to the start of the season - he should be watching footy as a spectator only this season.

If he was a contracted player who wanted to jump ship, there would be massive uproar.
by The Bedge
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People who lack a grasp on reality and their ability.

Player cracking the sads because he wasn't initially selected in a cricket Semi Final tomorrow - scored 58 runs @ 6.44 with a highest score of 24.. turns up late, leaves early, lazy in the field. Surely you reflect on your performances and realise you're not good enough?

Over it.. glad cricket is finished. Old mate in, Bedge out, i'll enjoy my Saturday with the family.

Wankers.
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2022/2023

Just quietly, can we get some Daniel Drew love up in here.. the bloke is flying at the moment and averaging over 40.
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Northern Areas Cricket Association

How's the midget bowler running around in circles like a sheep dog :P
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Dutchy wrote:Anyone know a start date for R1 this year?

23rd April
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having the mindset of it's not about winning after appointing a very successful coach I think your leading people on ;)
Haha it’s not that we aren’t trying to win - more that it’s not the absolute #1 priority heading into the season. It’s about longevity and the future.. building a strong foundation so we can be sustainable.

Winning isn’t the only metric for success.
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
beef wrote:Ingle farm playing Rosewater friday night at Rosewater

What time is kick off?

6:45
by The Bedge
Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was a good hit out for us Friday night - thanks to Rosewater for hosting, and was great to see such a crowd for a pre-season trial match! Makes you think, is a trick being missed by not utilising grounds with adequate lighting more? Occasional Friday or Saturday night match?

Anyway, whilst in the end was a comfortable result Ingle Farms favour, Rosewater did not have a group of their A grade playing, and was a mixed A/B squad. After halftime it was predominately B graders, where as Ingle Farm were almost full tilt. So can't read a lot into the result to be fair.

Anyone find out how the Houghton trial went?
by The Bedge
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

no_remorse28 wrote:Also, I'm almost 300 percent sure OKC is Bedge

**** off mate! I’ve already been in trouble for posting on here - I’m staying well clear of this! :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If this was Terry as indicated earlier can understand he is difficult to contact, as he was even during the season, as he was heavily involved in football well before the finals and he is the umpire co-ordinator for the PDCA.
Pfft, difficult to contact when it suits him.. been very active on Facebook last couple weeks, but cant be contacted? Classic.
by The Bedge
Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To me, re-establishing a C grade was one of the major focus points in the offseason. Forget about depth, or winning, or how it's managed - the C grade adds extra numbers to the track, it adds another 20 odd sets of hands to assist on Saturdays in volunteer roles over the season, it helps create a better vibe, and it creates a place for overflow of players.

Last year the club had only A/B - believing that dropping the C grade would make spots more competitive and people would transform into super committed folks. In reality, it just saw players head elsewhere, give up, or try and push for B grade early then disappear. We struggled for game day volunteers and share to volunteer requirements for Jnr footy and then as the season went on, the numbers continued to decline to the point some weeks it was a struggle to field a B grade.

Players in the B grade last year were genuine C graders - no disrespect to them, and they battled their backsides off and loved being in the B grade, but with their effort and commitment they deserve to be able to play in a grade commensurate with their ability and allow them to enjoy themselves more.

I'd like to see more kids coming through our C grade, and bringing back former juniors to play, then top up with C grade ability, and over flow from B grade. Like them to be competitive but not hell bent on winning games.

So in a nutshell, our C grade is more about providing a service and formed out of need/want more so than anything to do with A/B grade depth.. and i'm sure results will reflect that.
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GATHER ROUND - ROUND 5

I think the games at Norwood and Mt Barker just show exactly what the AFL lacks - and I've made mention in AFLW - games at suburban grounds. It's so different and unique, and a throw back to the old days.

AFL should be pumping money into getting these stadiums at a suitable level for AFL and then taking games back to community.. Who cares if you get 40-80k at the MCG or 30-50k at Marvel.. give me 20k at a suburban ground most weeks and that's a win.
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Round 1 predictions

Hope Valley Vs Unley
Modbury Vs Westminster
Pembroke Vs Scotch
Flinders Park Vs Smosh West Lakes
Seaton Vs Gaza

Can't help but feel like a couple of clubs in this division are on the slide down.
by The Bedge
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |