Search found 565 matches

Return

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

It should be the end of Smith as captain and boof should get sacked.

smith yes, boof no. Had nothing to do with boof, the leadership group admitted to hatching the plan without the coaches knowing.

Smith and his dickhead vice captain. Never again can Australia claim the high moral ground on ball tampering, we're as much cheats as any of them. Again if Smith had a sound head as his 2IC this may well not have happened, he however has Warner. How he thought this was a good idea is deadset flabbergasting and not the actions of someone you want as a Test captain. Fuc****s.
by Grenville
Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:You forgot arrogant, pig headed flat track bully hypocrites.

The fact that we're having terms used about us (correctly) that we previously reserved for the South Africans gives one a fair idea how low we've sunk.
by Grenville
Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLX and Y and Z plus trial games

Booney wrote:
mots02 wrote:http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/03/26/sanfl-irp-week-3-trial-matches/

Looks like there was something significant in it after all!

Bloody hell, 6 for Sumner and 3 for Rankine in a trial match!

:shock:

You get less for ball tampering.
by Grenville
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would've picked that Warner was nothing but a cancer on Australian cricket, I detested the cretin from day one. How people were seduced by this arsewipe is beyond me.
by Grenville
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who would've picked that Warner was nothing but a cancer on Australian cricket, I detested the cretin from day one. How people were seduced by this arsewipe is beyond me.
Because he was good... simple. Not a good reason but it is what it is.

Not having a crack at you lad but the signs were there from day one. He was dickhead from day one, just had an exceptional eye. On the basis of that, despite not earning his stripes through consistent Shield success he was gifted a Test spot. Was proven time and again with very few exceptions if the pitch wasn't flat he wasn't worth a pinch of shit. His attitude was always shithouse, as he gained more fame he became even more of a cockhead. He destroyed kids games thinking they could emulate him, a quick slogged 20 off 12 being better than a patient 20 off 40. He has damaged a generation, hopefully not irreparably. Good riddance and f*** off.
by Grenville
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having just watched smiths presser i am almost as devastated as he is. And I am sure he is taking more responsibility for this than he needs to. And I am sure his earnestness in taking on this responsibility would have led CA towards their lengthy ban. Heres a fact... if he had played the Boof defence no one would have called him out and he would be playing tomorrow.
I will be standing and applauding when he next walks out to the wicket.

As shattered as he is he was captain and had prior knowledge to the incident and didn’t stop it then tried to cover it up. Deserves the ban.

Two out of the three guilty seem to have genuine remorse for their actions and have realised the ramifications of their stupidity. Hopefully they can redeem themselves when the time comes, the other filth can rot.
by Grenville
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

Will you be attending the soiree tomorrow my Portugese comrade?[/quote]
Alas, no. You?[/quote]

I shall be there with bells on, possibly pants as well.[/quote]
Should be a good day for it weather-wise. Hopefully there's a good turn out at the Ponderosa. Hard to tip a winner, but you couldn't confidently back North given recent history.

I should be a walk-up start for the return bout at Prospect (whenever that is).[/quote]

Clouds are looking ominous but should be a good game. Look forward to the return bout, might have to see if we can catch up for a frothy.
by Grenville
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Toad's press conference is coming up in the next hour or so, I hope whoever wrote it for him used lots of small words.
by Grenville
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated bands/artists/songs/albums

The Wiggles, c***s the lot of em.
by Grenville
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

Did anyone else know the SANFL has an integrity unit? Who runs it, Terry Lewis?
by Grenville
Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

GMcG wrote:Eric is dead, I had to chop him up into separate words, to get him in to Adelaide Oval in 2016. :(

Viri fortes e memoria numquam excedunt.
by Grenville
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Masters 2018

Negligently forgot it was starting tonight, turned it on and quickly put a tenner on Kuchar at $17.
Hope you collect, hombre
Something about him appeals to me
I got him at $51

Good luck lad, $51 is way overs for a bloke of that talent. Must confess he was 3 under when I turned it on though, couldn't get on quick enough.
by Grenville
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Norwood V South Sunday 1410

Norwood supporters aren't renowned for their patience lol. Far too early to pass judgement on any player after 1 round. Sounds as though several of our boys are behind schedule with their fitness.

On Edmead, I rated him at Central a few years back, whether he's capable of getting back to that level we'll find out in time I guess, but we had a need for more players with a bit of sh1t about them, and a goal sneak, both of which he ticks when up and about so here's hoping:

He certainly has shit in him, you'll find it between his ears.
by Grenville
Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Koch wants 3 teams if afl reserves league gets set up.

Seriously.

Just Move crows and maggies on.

as much as wed love to smash a 3rd string port maggies in the sanfl.

How about ya just bugger off.
The Magpies would not be third string if they were no longer a power dump.
Ironically, the Magpies were probably moving into an era of dominance when the power outmuscled them and told most of the true magpies side to bugger off to make way for their AFL trainees. There's no way to prove that point, but if the Magpies were left to their own devices they'd again be harvesting the best of their country and city zones, and would eventually rebuild into a premiership threat.
It needs to be remembered that the Magpies had a membership ranked about 3rd or 4th in sanfl clubs before they were forced into a reserves unit.
Someone should ask those members what they'd prefer happen before they wear the power's footprint and be ground into history's dust.
Why do I give a shit? Am I not a Sturt supporter and sworn enemy of the black and white wherever it may dwell?
Because this is not influenced by bias, as much as I hate the blighters, a stand alone magpies side is a healthy thing for the sanfl.

Agreed, well put. The comp is stronger having a legitimate Maggie's team.
by Grenville
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Pag wrote:Anyone got any recommendations for the Clare Valley? Heading up for three days next week.

Paulett winery. Top notch reds on offer.
by Grenville
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually struggled to understand his point.

i think he is trying to draw the distinction between how port top up their league team compared with the crows.

dont really see how it benefits the comp that the crows can only top up with amateurs but port can have league standard players?

im not arguing for a crows development team but just making the comparison

Port were the smart ones in the ressies debate, they let the Camry Cows do all the dirty work and cop the flak then swooped in and got what the Cows wanted plus more with comparatively little fanfare.
by Grenville
Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Finishing up at work until after ANZAC Day, and off to Port Vincent Monday with the family for a few days.
by Grenville
Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v West Sat 1410

Well done West, worked harder both with and without the ball. Thoroughly deserve their win. We were absolute fu***ng garbage.
by Grenville
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v West Sat 1410

For those records & stats minded, yesterday's 8.15 (63 ) was West's lowest winning score versus Centrals, overwriting their 9.10 (64) vs 7.14 (56) at Elizabeth in R17, 1969.

http://www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/round-3-central-district-v-west-adelaide-statistics/

https://australianfootball.com/seasons/season/sanfl/107/premiership%2Bseason/3/3/1969

Earlier today,
All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now because of an arsehole named Stray
They're here to stay
by Grenville
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Vincent, got here about 2. Kids have had a swim and are riding their bikes, about to cook a bbq dinner, a couple of beers at the Ventnor, 9 Mr. Percivals a decent drop punt from our cabin and a mother and baby dolphin combo were just swimming past our front window about 70m out. Fu*& me this place is gold.
by Grenville
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sitting on a barstool at the Ventnor with an ice cold frothy watching the missus and kids fishing on the jetty.
by Grenville
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Just had a mixed grill the size of a fu***n elephant at the Ventnor. $29, well worth every dollar.
What about the ambience?
Service?
Rest of the meals??

Cmon man...put some effort in.... :lol:

My apologies MT- Kids had nuggets and chips which came out very promptly (with a chupa chup on the side), the missus had a chicken parmigiana which with my meal took another 15 minutes to arrive (but after 8 pints I was in no real rush) but she was more than happy with her meal. And shocked when she looked over and saw I'd demolished my meal before she had half finished hers. As always has the feel of a genuine country pub and the service was decent.
by Grenville
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sitting on a chair out the front of our cabin on the sand just watching the world go by. Still waters, little or no breeze, perfect temperature. We're staying an extra couple of days next year.
by Grenville
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 North v Norwood Sat 1440

So glad I stopped watching (although admit to being impressed by what I saw from North)

You could see what North were trying to do against us, their skill level and decision making were horrid though and they kept turning it over. Today both aspects have been far better and they're reaping the rewards. Norwood look as flat as a tack, take out Panos and Grigg and this would be a trainwreck.
by Grenville
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sitting on a chair out the front of our cabin on the sand just watching the world go by. Still waters, little or no breeze, perfect temperature. We're staying an extra couple of days next year.
Oh **** off ;)

Forgot to mention the seal flopping lazily past about 60m offshore.
Meh, no different to me flopping lazily in me bed :D

Not that we've met lad but I'm quietly confident I'd rather see the seal.
by Grenville
Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated bands/artists/songs/albums

DOC wrote:Who is your favourite childrens entertainer then?

Peter Coombe, the Wiggles can get f***ed after they knifed Sam.
by Grenville
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Sturt v Port Wednesday 1310

goddy11 wrote:They are talking on 5AA that the game is a lockout.

Who told 5AA the game is on?
by Grenville
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Greyhound Adoption Day today at Angle Park 11-3.
by Grenville
Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grenville wrote:Greyhound Adoption Day today at Angle Park 11-3.

Took the kids and our two greyhounds, a good day out. 19 out of 20 dogs have been adopted.
by Grenville
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Greyhound Adoption Day today at Angle Park 11-3.

Took the kids and our two greyhounds, a good day out. 19 out of 20 dogs have been adopted. Did you get the 2 at the same time or 1 then add a 2nd?

We've had 1 for about 9 months and the mrs is wanting another

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We got the first one about 2 years ago when we still had our Maltese/Lhasa Apso. When he passed on about 18 months ago we went down and got another. The first one we got was fine by himself but having a mate for him now was the best thing we could've done. They enjoy each others company and get on really well. The first was a beautiful dog when we got him but having a playmate has really brought out his character.
by Grenville
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 5 Glenelg v Central

Northerner, what do you make of our second half?

I'm really curious, as they outscored us and our second halves haven't been great.

Glenelg took the game on, showed some intent and kicked the ball forward quickly. We went flat and watched the world go by again but wrestled back some of the initiative then the game became a bit of a stalemate. As a couple of the Bays lads have said, their insipid first half made us look better than we actually are at the moment. There are some promising signs but we need to be better at shutting the game down when things aren't going our way.
by Grenville
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Spargo wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Magellan’s whereabouts. I enjoy his posts. Not seen much from him lately!

Was heading overseas IIRC

He has taken the fleet to the East Indies in search of fame and fortune. Hopefully he stays away from the Philippines.
by Grenville
Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bomber Thompson arrested

As Jim has said he's been off the rails for a long long time nothing to do with the Essenondon saga.
At Geelong he alledgedly had an affair with a players girlfriend, not sure if he was married at the time but she was certainly with one of his players. 'Absolutely no sympathy from me and he should do time.

When this was going on he tried lecturing the players at training about morals, a Cats forward took umbrage and gave him a spray. Didn't go down well.

Who was it Grenville?

Kent Kingsley.
by Grenville
Wed May 02, 2018 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

I use to drink Nikov(vodka and orange in a cask) at the Sky Shows they use to have 20+ years ago.
The Pub on Port Road there near Coca Cola would serve 12 year olds back in the day.

That sh*t now would be poison.

I played a season of U16's rugby on the oval outside Thebby Oval, our captain was 14 and would go for a couple of beers at the pub over the road every Sunday. It was a dodgy comp, some of the opposition U16's drove to the game.
by Grenville
Fri May 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wanted to borrow

gadj1976 wrote:No it's for a dress up party. I'm going to try and offend as many people as possible.

What's Bruce Lindsay ever done to offend anyone?
by Grenville
Sat May 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 South v Centrals (Saturday 13:10)

Where to now for J Butcher?

Gaza?

Why?
He kicked 2 goals out of a total of 11 and was 1 of 3 multiple goal scorers. He provides a target and takes the opposition's best defender. Sounds like a keeper to me.

Butch has a go,is team orientated, gets shit delivery, and gets the rough end of the pineapple from the green maggots. He's no world beater and never will be but he's converted me. He's my new version of Brad Currie.
by Grenville
Sat May 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Coach Bombay wrote:Carey's played one season of big bash and he's already in the leadership group of the international team. Fair jump!

Hope he holds off on the red cans till after the game. Might give the term 20/20 a different meaning.
by Grenville
Fri May 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Central v Sturt Sat 1410

Insipid,soft, weak as piss.
by Grenville
Sat May 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

The missus and two daughters have the royal wedding on so I have retired to the bedroom for the evening to watch Animal House on my phone.
by Grenville
Sat May 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

The Dark Knight wrote:
Grenville wrote:Put the mozza on em, 1/12 (effectively 2 for with Azam's knackered arm keeping him from batting).
Grenville- shhhhhh

I usually only stop to change feet in my gob lad.
by Grenville
Sun May 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Number 3 being born yesterday at 550am

Partner went in labor unexpectedly and ridiculously quick so there was no chance to get the hospital

Lucky partner mum is a midwife so went ahead with a home birth, calling an ambulance and playing midwife assistant luckily everything went all well and mum and bubs are doing great

Congratulations you mad,mad bastard.
by Grenville
Mon May 28, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love the game called football, hence there is a team that I follow. You'll also note that I have a SANFL side, this in spite of the infection of AFL reserves teams in our league.
I am unhappy about the way the game is being run, but I am not about to give it away altogether. I watch about 5 or 6 games of AFL a year.
Not sure what is being shown on Netflix, but I am old enough to remember a world that wasn't so plastic, and a game of football that was more about the game than a commercial side show. I'm not sure how much of all this is just a shit stir for you, but I often find that more avid fans of AFL than I are dissatisfied with the way the game is being run. Is this true for you as well, or are you genuinely sold on the shape of the game these days?

You watch a lot more AFL than I do lad, bar the GF I watched about 2 hours of AFL last year, an hour and a half at the Ventnor whilst drinking pints and only cause that's what they had on the box. Don't miss it at all.
The Ventnor? Tsk tsk, the Dalrymple poos all over the Vent!

I shall not hear of a harsh word spoken about any establishment in Port Vincent. A pox on you good sir.
by Grenville
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central District v Port Adelaide R10

I'd rather Buckets over Fort.
Just 30 inside 50s and we had 57 more disposals .
We play not to score just like other teams would against us in years gone.
We are boring.....first option is either backwards or sideways.

No disagreement on Buckets at all,the great man deserves 1st ruck easily. But how good would Darcy have been as 2nd ruck? I said recently our game plan is garbage, we will go nowhere with it.
by Grenville
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Receiving an email today offering me SACA membership. They'll let any bastard in these days.

How long were you on the waiting list for?

I applied back in January 2016 for the family and we got our confirmations this week too.

Don't remember exactly but it was around a couple of years. Already booked time off work for the Test Match.
Assuming it isnt scratched ;)

You're an evil man JTC, well played.
by Grenville
Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Centrals Sunday 1410

I'll be there having a couple of cans at the southern end. I think we're pushing shit up hill but stranger things have happened.
by Grenville
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

carey wrote:Milligan and Kruse starting = France 5-0

I'm getting on 4-0 at $8.
by Grenville
Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GMcG wrote:Central by 4 points.

I like your optimism, I don't share it but I like it. I think there's more chance of the second coming of Eric than us getting close today. I shall be at the southern end with a can in hand hoping I'm wrong and you're right.
by Grenville
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Most impressed with the selection of intoxicants at the Tony Skeffington Bar. Decent weather here, glad I wore the thongs.
by Grenville
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few silly mistakes the only difference. Caught up with a bloke I went to school with 25 years ago, a good lad and a good day had. Getting stuck under the grog van at the southern end when North kick a goal is an experience. Good value.
There's a van there too? Surely Skeff Bar is enough.
Who has the breeze in the last war?

The bar/van was good value. Good company and a passionate bunch of supporters around it. The comp will only be better with lads (and one ladette) supporting it. They deserve their win, enjoyed being there.
How could you mistake a van for a bar?
I'm at a bar atm but never die one moment did I think it could drive me home. :lol:

bar ego ad bibendum aut van
by Grenville
Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |