Search found 565 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Down at Port Vincent having a beer. Sunny, 22 degrees, light breeze. Sneak off to the Ventnor for a couple of pints soon then bbq some marinated steak. It ain't shit.

A weekend in Vincent, a few at the Ventnor, as close as I get to being religious.

Well said Mr.Boon, still got 5 more days here. Going to the ANZAC Day service tomorrow followed by brekky at the RSL.
by Grenville
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dinner at the Ventnor. Mixed grill consisting of 2 small chicken schnitzels, a porterhouse steak, 2 snags, a rasher of bacon, an egg and chips plus the salad bar. Washed down with a couple of Byron Bay pale ales.
by Grenville
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Seeing Morell logged in

The election chat just got a tad more interesting.
by Grenville
Fri May 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Brickman crying at Elimination.....

I reckon they should have a version of Lego Masters on Boxing Day involving dads watching the Test Match whilst knocking off min 6-8 beers.
by Grenville
Fri May 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

Footy Chick wrote:
Douglas Mawson wrote:Scott of the Antarctic

He probably said the same about you ;)

Amundsen and Shackleton aren't fans either.
by Grenville
Fri May 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The leftys are a loud bunch

Chris Kenny attempted to drown out all and sundry with his review. Comical.

Neither leader was particularly convincing. We gleaned sweet f**k all from tonight.
by Grenville
Wed May 08, 2019 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RIP Bob Hawke

Better than any of the current bunch in Canberra.
The last true labor leader

One of the only two great PM's we've had in 50 years. Have a beer for Bob everyone. RIP Bob Hawke. I can't think of a PM that was more Aussie than this bloke.

Him and Howard are so far ahead of any others in my lifetime it ain't funny.
by Grenville
Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Glenelg

gazzamagoo wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Doggies side for the big clash

https://cdfc.com.au/news/league-round-7-team-selection/

This has the makings of a really good side, we need to somehow keep most of them together.

It does, still badly lacking in height for mine though.
by Grenville
Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RIP Hawkey
Best PM in my lifetime

Agreed and well put Jimmy. Howard in his prime would have been a worthy adversary but Hawkey's persona probably would've got him over the line. Howard had none of Bob's personality but was an exceptional politician. He knew the game and did it well. For those of us old enough to remember Bob he actually did what clowns like Clive Palmer can only dribble about. A great Australian and we won't see another. More's the shame.
Howard poor mans Bob Hawke.

Had the political nous but lacked the personal touch Hawke had.

Agreed lad, and that's why he'll never be spoken of like Bob when he passes. Howard tried but it wasn't in his make-up to be personable. He was pragmatic and dull but extremely effective. Bob had something Little Johnny would have craved for, an ability to appeal to all Australians. Seeing people at the cricket lauding Hawkey for sculling a beer, he looked like one of us. Little Johnny was a cricket nuffie but looked like an arse bowling an offie, Bob copped a bouncer.
by Grenville
Fri May 17, 2019 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last win was 2008 IIRC.

Yep SLSP v.1 kicked four in the first qtr and the Mouse had a Michael Aish type run in the 3rd (four bounces) but kicked the goal IIRC....

this happened also -

kk-Wndvdcf8

Miss those boys, any "villains" still running around in the SANFL these days?

Run into both lads from time to time at work. Decent blokes, still don't take any shit. One of our ruck recruits this year would attest to their surly yet fair persona. Gave the lad a quick life lesson as well.
by Grenville
Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The return of the Portuguese explorer.
by Grenville
Fri May 17, 2019 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Watching the ABC coverage tomorrow night of the election with the guru Antony Green. Legend.
by Grenville
Fri May 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Pseudo wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Grenville wrote:Watching the ABC coverage tomorrow night of the election with the guru Antony Green. Legend.

Agree

Beer
Pizza
TV by myself
Antony Green with a flash of Julie Bishop

Or you could watch your fingernails growing ...

Understood lad, I love watching election nights though, state or federal.
by Grenville
Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay, time for your HoR predictions.

I'm going with:

ALP 81
LNP 62
OTH 8

Dunno, Labor SHOULD get by comfortably, especially after Hawkey passing (it will get some votes - some people are genuinely that easily swayed).

ALP 77
LNP 65
Other 9

Conservative estimate. If Shorten wasn't in charge add minimum 2 seats. Best case scenario for Morrison is a minority government with Abbott and Dutton getting shitcanned.
by Grenville
Fri May 17, 2019 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We were very, very poor. Bays were toying with us. Our cause wasn't helped by being knobbled at the selection table, it was ridiculous the lack of height and size in our team.
by Grenville
Sun May 19, 2019 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

I work with 5 females in my area, when I have deemed they have being prattling on for long enough I literally tell them they've been making my ears bleed for long enough and to shut the f**k up. The odd Macbeth reference gets dropped as well. They take it with a grain of salt but they go back to work.
Bubbling cauldrons and salt, I'm guessing you work in a soup kitchen? ;)

Salt mine. It's not so much "out damned spot" than "quiet damned woman". At times like that I envy Duncan.
by Grenville
Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Adelaide Saturday

Jenkins has been dropped to the other Crows side. Probably done out of pity as he might not have been able to get through a game at Prospect.

Was thinking the same thing Wedgie, the Grog Squad in fine form would've been well worth watching.
He would have needed more than Collective Minds to get over a couple of quarters at the southern end of Prospect Oval. ;)

The Groggies version of a family friendly area is stay home you c***.
by Grenville
Thu May 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Missus - " Last time you were sick and drank after taking pills you threw up".

Me - "I'm not taking the pills'.

A hostile silence followed.
by Grenville
Fri May 31, 2019 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

Winners- England
Runners Up- India (Dark horse NZ)
Most Runs- Kolhi
Most wickets- Kuldeep Yadav

Has there ever been a World Cup where the Kiwis weren't the dark horse? I'm not sure, you've seen more world cups than me?

I shan't quibble with a man with a thread named in his honour, just seems the Kiwis even in the 80's were the ones people thought might pull a rabbit out of a hat. I'm with Carey, the Windies are my smokey, could do major damage or just as easily collapse in a heap.
by Grenville
Fri May 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v Centrals Sun 1410

A bit of Mr. Magoo positive thinking. I just realised Centrals can still make the finals. It usually takes 10 wins or even if you say 11 wins like last season, they only have to win 9 of the last 10 remaining games and make up percentage (because we have the lowest percentage in the League). :D

We only need to win 3 quarters each game by a big margin given we always have at least 1 goalless quarter.

I dismissed gazzamagoo's previous incarnation's similarly far fetched prediction a couple of years ago and was left with egg on my face. I shall risk another omelette to the cranium and call bollocks young sir.
by Grenville
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v Centrals Sun 1410

A bit of Mr. Magoo positive thinking. I just realised Centrals can still make the finals. It usually takes 10 wins or even if you say 11 wins like last season, they only have to win 9 of the last 10 remaining games and make up percentage (because we have the lowest percentage in the League). :D

We only need to win 3 quarters each game by a big margin given we always have at least 1 goalless quarter.

I dismissed gazzamagoo's previous incarnation's similarly far fetched prediction a couple of years ago and was left with egg on my face. I shall risk another omelette to the cranium and call bollocks young sir.
If it was the correct amount of matches in a season I'd still be hopeful, but in an 18 game season, we're pushing diarrhoea up mount Everest, using a ladle.

More like a colander.
by Grenville
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals v Eagles Sat 1410

Play 2 rucks and leave Fraser as a stay at home full forward. Use Menzel as a leading CHF if we must persist in playing small up forward and plonk the resting ruck in a pocket. Get in Izzy's ear and tell him to pull his finger out and stay under their feet. He can make an impact when he wants to. That will give us half a show.
by Grenville
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals v Eagles Sat 1410

Good to see Cooper Dahms named in reserves for his first game in 12 months (knee recon). Reckon someone named in reserves won't be playing tomorrow.

Ben Walter?
Connor McLean didn't play.

Apparently Connor has left Centrals.

Should have been playing league, why he didn't get picked I can't fathom.
by Grenville
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port V Norwood

You're never happy to lose but I reckon Norwood would be reasonably content after yesterday, especially considering the personnel they had missing and the opposition they were up against. Effort was there all day. Kids like Olsson, Richards, Gerlach and Carroll look like they've got a bit about them. One thing I noticed when the Legs played at our dunghill and again yesterday was Baulderstone started getting jumped over at stoppages in the last quarter which impacted heavily on clearances. Needs more of a hand in ruck so he can get a bit more rest and run out the game.
by Grenville
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood v Woodville West Torrens

Different coach this year.
I thought Norwood disappeared in the GF last year.
Worst and most pathetic effort I have ever seen by a Legs team at Norwood in 60 years.
Tooooooooo many front runners.
Seen plenty of worse efforts at Norwood but yes today was totally unacceptable and 2 weeks in a row we have pretty much given up.
On current form we are a very real chance of wasting another season as I just can’t see where our next win will come from

Norwood have the most talented squad in the league, fish stinks from the head.
by Grenville
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Feliz Aniversario Portuguese comrade.
by Grenville
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Why did you delete that, I thought it was funny?. Surely no one took offence especially on this site[/quote]

Yeah why?
Now it looks like I’ve ‘liked’ a dot :lol:[/quote]
It's returned.[/quote]

And is piss funny. Gold.
by Grenville
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL 2017

Ripper of a finish, thank Christ the Blues came out on top.
by Grenville
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The lad working at the beer van at Elizabeth Oval today. Got a can of Guinness before the 1st bounce, went to get another at the start of the other 3 quarters and he'd already cracked a can ready for me before I'd arrived.
by Grenville
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Sturt

gazzamagoo wrote:don't whinge about losing because of umpires, not a good look. We lost because we're not good enough at the moment.

We had a go yesterday, worked hard. Usual suspects did their bit, Durdin looks a likely type. Robinson improved on last week, started to impose himself on the contest.
by Grenville
Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday lad, hopefully The Bays give you a belated pressie in a couple of months.
by Grenville
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Got all wired up for a sleep test last night, anyone else had to do one of these? I'm not sure how people are expected to sleep with all the wires from arsehole to breakfast. Matchsticks in the eyelids today hence zero work getting done with commensurate F***'s given.

Had one done a few weeks back, very f***ing uncomfortable.
by Grenville
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walking towards the beer van at Elizabeth just before the game, the bloke saw me 20m away and started getting a Guinness out.
by Grenville
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy Birthday to the cricket guru. Hope you had a goodun.
by Grenville
Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

whufc wrote::(

It’s the only part of his game holding him back

You could see in the last few overs he was starting to cut things closer to him

Yep, when he starts flashing outside off stump it's a rubber stamp that his concentration's on the fritz.
by Grenville
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v Norwood Sunday 1.40pm Unley

gazzamagoo wrote:Game will get called off when a player gets lost in the dog shit.
by Grenville
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v WWT Sunday Alberton 1.10pm

Hope Ben gets a start and gets a few touches. Has stuck it out when many have gone to ammos and the like.
by Grenville
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17, Norwood v Central District

gazzamagoo wrote:
wild dog wrote:Im going to head along tonight, no fear of any real trouble anymore, the average age of the crowd is 65+. We played Friday night last year, Josh Glenn equalled our score.

That's right, he Lined up for Norwood that night

Hehehe lined.
by Grenville
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Grenville wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Dickswella standing up for the Lankans...

He flopped at the end.

He got hit on the helmet a few times and then spat it.

Well played sir.
by Grenville
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18s

Young lad at work kicked the winner for Golden Grove to get them into the GF. He's a good kid, hope they get up in a couple of weeks time.
by Grenville
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can be aggressive without resorting to being a fu**ing moron. Smith is showing that by placing the ball and running hard and pinching ones and twos. How long before Digger Paine succumbs to his vice?
by Grenville
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This innings we have learnt a lot about the character of Joffra... front runner of highest order.

Harsh, he is only in is 2nd test match, thats the beauty of test match cricket, it exposes you, he will be good for a long time. He would have learnt more in the last month than he has in the last 10 years.
Not harsh at all... i have never seen Pat Cummins just rolling his arm over and with negative body language that Archer displayed in this innings. And he has played more than Archers 3 tests. The first sign it gets tough and he mentally checks out.
Time will tell and he clearly will have days when it falls in place but personally I am happier to have Cummins and Hazlewood than Archer for full hearted commitment.

haha seriously he is a baby in test cricket, Smith and Warnie were very similar in their first few tests.

Warnie got pasted in his first Test but he still wanted the ball in his hand, didn't shy away because things didn't suit him.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals

Fricky wrote:I can’t believe I’m saying this but I hope to f**k Glenelg win the flag.

It's a strange feeling isn't it. Our only hope is Glenelg winning finals. We're f**ked.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

No explanation?
to get concessions because your club breached the salary cap, we all know that.
But Norwood have no morals anymore, that was proven when they recruited Glenn, he's still on their list, even after the indiscretion just before the finals last year. Any other side you would think would de-list him.
allegedly.

You keeping sniffing around that topic gazza.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

Top hit that by Joseph. The height in the Power forward line might trouble the Bays, blokes like Curran and Proud are quality defenders but not that tall.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Frampton is a fair dinkum cockhead.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Virgin under pressure". Made me laugh.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One wonders how England will play this tonight.

will they come out with an attitude to get the win.

will they come out and play for a draw and risk putting all the eggs in the basket for the final test

either way could cost them the ashes, i think personally they will come up and go for the win

No, don't think they will, being two down, and those being Root and Burns.

And @ northerner - no excuses for Lyon tonight on the last day. Can't put the last test down to him coz that test finished mid-way through day four - well before the Poms even started their second innings this test.

Correct weight, no excuses for Lyon today. The game situation and pitch are set up perfectly for him to make an impact today.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glad I got up at 1 this morning to watch it. Feeling the pinch now but don't regret it for a minute. We were flat as a tack for a while there, just kept eeking out a wicket when needed. Paine's captaincy has been nothing to write home about but he pulled a rabbit out of the hat giving Labuschagne an ober at Leach. As my mate said to me via text at 2.45am "Yes!Yes!........fuc**ng Yes!".
by Grenville
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best wishes to MT, hope the Tiges get up this week and CM, hopefully we win the next Test and The Toad gets another pair.
by Grenville
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |