Search found 565 matches

Return

Re: The Ashes 2019

Head Starc out

Marsh Siddle in

Aussies win toss and bowl
A little overcast but looks a strange decision to bowl first
You're being kind Jim, Paine has once again shown himself to be a ******* idiot. Apart from being an excruciating example of overthinking things, it's such negative.

We have to knock them over for 150-180 to justify this decision. Win the toss, you fu**en bat.
by Grenville
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

David Gower to Shane Warne "You always had a natural feel for moisture".
by Grenville
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

In Tanunda for the kids ballet concert. Perfect weather, ice cold beers. Tomorrow arvo hit the brewery across the road.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brewery won, some sensational beers here. The pizza is top notch as well.
by Grenville
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hehehe well played Toad you f**kwit. Standing up when it counts again this series.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you reading now?

DOC wrote:Gee that's one from the past.

Picked up 8 of his books a couple of weeks ago for $20.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No mocking here lad, enjoy it. Good to see people still that passionate about their footy.
by Grenville
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Visiting Lord's today, an absolute boyhood dream to get the opportunity to visit the home of cricket. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the game, the stats and the history of cricket. An hour and half tour does not do it justice but wow it was amazing to see the ground, the longroom, the dressing rooms and the honor boards. Was nice to talk cricket with a few of the other people on the tour from around the world and the tour guide was impressed with my cricket knowledge after answering his questions aswell as asking him alot too. My missus referred to me as the annoying kid in school that keeps asking questions haha.

Even saw Warnie drive past our tour group as he was coming into the ground and gave us a wave as we shouted out as he drove past.
Enjoy mate. One of the best tours I’ve ever done. Amazing

Warnie was just acknowledging cricketing royalty TDK.
by Grenville
Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Well done Bays, best team all year by far. Spargo, Pat, Dutchy and the rest of you Bay lads have a good night.
by Grenville
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Worst SANFL loss for me was that 96 Prelim when Hodges sunk us from the boundary line. I knew he wasn't going to miss that and it wasn't an easy shot. I went with Babs and Whitey and I was so clearly gutted they didn't even sink the boot in.

regards,

REB

Much obliged to your mob for leaving enough shit sandwiches for the following week for us to consume. Utter c**t of a day was had.

They certainly got Scotty ready for the GF. :lol:

Fu**, cu**, fu**...... there goes 5 years of therapy down the shitter.
by Grenville
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The best way I can describe the way the Bays played this year is that's how I'd like my club to play. A hard, tough, skilled, unified group who all bought into a quality game plan and worked their arses off for the jumper. My mob lacked a lot of those qualities this year. Norwood had a comparable list if not better than the Bays but they didn't tick a lot of the boxes I mentioned and it cost them. I don't necessarily think some Power blokes didn't try, you always want to win a Grannie. What I think they lacked was a genuine passion for the jumper that the Bays had, that when you need to go, you just do it instinctively because you don't want to let the bloke next to you down. Michael Virgin is the perfect example yesterday. The genuine Magpies would not have performed like that yesterday, they had a heart and soul and would have done anything to turn the game around. The pretenders in the prison bar guernseys yesterday showed that they are not the genuine article.
by Grenville
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

Wighton is a star, why Canberra didn't take the easy 2 from that earler penalty escapes me. Points on the board and slow it down.
by Grenville
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL

Raiders making good yardage up the guts, Cronk should get 10min in the bin.
by Grenville
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

Wedgie wrote:Max Thring has retired. :(

Busted his nuts for the jumper, not the most talented but gave everything he had. Should be proud of what he's achieved. Kudos lad.
by Grenville
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2019-20

Handscombe is a f**king disgrace, you and you alone have shamed the comp. Bat for 150 overs on a road then throw the toys out of the cot when the opposition don't bend over and cop it. Go f**k yourself.
by Grenville
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Watched Taxi Driver last night, apparently the new Joker film takes alot of inspiration from it so I had to see it. It's a pretty full on movie, now I plan to watch some more Martin Scorsese films.
Whilst not as dark as Taxi Driver, make sure you out check out ”Goodfellas”. A great mob movie (based on true events IIRC) with a sensational soundtrack.

Also, Raging Bull is pretty raw, and The Last Temptation of Christ is good given it was pretty controversial upon its release.

Goodfellas is a brilliant movie, I can watch it over and over and never get tired of it.
by Grenville
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:
Booney wrote:Mitch Marsh out for up to 6 weeks with dumb.

I mean, broken hand.

Hard to believe, but he may actually be dopier than his brother!

Mong Darsh, he's good for laughs if nothing else.
by Grenville
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rugby Union World Cup

Shit, just utter shit. We're treading water as a rugby nation whilst everyone else is swimming with a rocket up their arse.
by Grenville
Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Booney wrote:Moore, Hewett, Lu Bois, Hartung. Good recruiting, the big lads up front are going to get some supply.

Haven't watched AFL for a while but unless Hartung has improved his disposal they'll need to be leading to the carpark.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:Mrs Boon thinks I could fart for Australia.

I think you should follow through with this...

Ease up ya nugget.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate that the Christmas Tree goes up tomorrow!

Pageant time already, better get the Mortein ready. For the tree that is.

I rate the kids not wanting to go to the Christmas Pageant this year. Instead of getting up at 2am and saving a spot I'm sitting on the couch with a cuppa having just finished a huge steak for brekkie.
by Grenville
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Note to Peter Handscombe, this is how you go about things if you want both teams to set up a game for a potential result you cockhead.
by Grenville
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When he's not on, can create trouble.[/quote]

He’s a slippery sort on the inside[/quote]
Has a reservoir of talent. Also capable of rising up out of a pack and taking a real big franger.[/quote]

I asked for that didn't i. Sounds like he can crack and let a few through under pressure sometimes.[/quote]

I've heard Mark Mickan is his mentor.
by Grenville
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Going to look at a couple of chocolate/white males on Saturday.

Have fun, be safe.
by Grenville
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So whose got their premiership merch yet, Bays fans??

Mine is still on order due to a delay in the Premiership scarf with all the players names on it.

Waited 33 years for new premiership goodies, have no probs waiting a couple of extra weeks.

Just lobbed on my work desk :D

Almost a post on the Jarman-North Adelaide era

I wonder if Josh used a Bays scarf on that occasion too?

Was going through some old Footy Budgets on the weekend and they had an interview with young Josh who said the following -
"As for Jars,I could talk about him all night. He is by far the best coach I've had in any sport. I really love the way he communicates his genuine enthusiasm for the game, for the NAFC, and the 21 League players each week. I'd go to war for Jars any day." It's obviously a fine line between going to war for someone and laying a dirty great NBN cable on their desk.
by Grenville
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Why was Labuschagne laughing, he just dropped a catch in a Test Match.
by Grenville
Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TDJ44 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Jack Hannath to the bays

We need a ruckman at the dogs

The way he played toward the end of his tenure at The Ponderosa indicated he wasn't a believer in the game plan. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Pakistani XI

Failed Creation wrote:We ought to do one for all the established Test playing nations.

Best Windies collection in my time -

Haynes
Greenidge
Richardson
Richards
Lara
Lloyd
Dujon
Marshall
Garner
Holding
Ambrose

Game over, no team would beat this mob.
by Grenville
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Pakistani XI

We ought to do one for all the established Test playing nations.

Best Windies collection in my time -

Haynes
Greenidge
Richardson
Richards
Lara
Lloyd
Dujon
Marshall
Garner
Holding
Ambrose

Game over, no team would beat this mob.

Walsh is very unlucky there, not that I don't agree with you.

Andy Roberts too...

Andy Roberts was just before my time.
by Grenville
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019/20 Australian International summer

Jim05 wrote:Rain won’t save them

They don't deserve to have it save them, if you can't make runs on this road you are a joke.
by Grenville
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Double ton to Root.

Now in the top ten English run makers. Has the best average of the lot. Great numbers, criticized alot because he doesn't convert (17 hundreds/45 fifties) but having the best average in the top 10 shows how good he has been.

Australians will probably never have the highest opinion of Root. Only averages 40 against us in total and only averages 38 in Australia with no 100's. Based on what the average aussie punter has seen it isn't phenomenal statistics.

Averages over 50 against India and South Africa which is a pretty decent effort.

He's a terrific player. One downfall is his record here in Australia, he's done OK against the Aussies at home as batting in England is typically hard but here he has been poor in converting starts.

Only an imbecile would deny he's a class act. The fact he still averages what he does without converting as much as he does proves the quality is there.
by Grenville
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What's the average cost of getting a new phone screen these days... and does anyone have any recommendations on a half decent place, preferably around the North Eastern suburbs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dont know much about this topic mate, but a lot of people seem to recommend Happy Hunters (or something like that) I think around Hanson Rd way.

Just make sure you double wrap your package going there.
by Grenville
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Fair grab that, Wagner has earned it.
by Grenville
Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can’t believe Smith got sucked in to that garbage

He might not look much but wagner has a wonderful record. Full credit to the bloke.

I like Wagner as a cricketer. He doesn't look much but he moves it a bit when swing is around and bowls his guts out all the time. Bowls a heavy ball and the way he was still running round the outfield after charging in bowling in that heat shows he's a deadset team player. A bit of Merv about him. Against most Test nations yesterday we would've been around 330 at the close, the Kiwis showed a lot of discipline under duress. They are missing Boult badly, Southee stands taller with him at the other end.
by Grenville
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Julia Zemiro - Home Delivery

stampy wrote:hows her conk tho? gotta be a dyke, the birds would love it!

A toucan dipping into a fishtank.
by Grenville
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merry Xmas

Hope all have had a good day, just got my Christmas present, the in-laws just left.
by Grenville
Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Warner did alright in trying conditions, shame he didn’t get the chance to cash in. Kiwis so good in the field. Even though the Aussies haven’t been on top been a very enjoyable 1st session to watch. Always prefer cricket when the conditions are more bowler than batsman friendly.

Agreed, ripper 1st session so far.
by Grenville
Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good line, length and persistence, De Grandhomme goes ok.
He is caca, staggering that he gets any wickets

In this team he goes ok. Complements the other bowlers, in some other teams I agree he'd get pasted.

Bowling 120 clicks, faced faster bowlers in park cricket

He's no Alec Bedser but does his job. Maybe his success is more a reflection on the declining abilities/concentration of Test batsmen.
by Grenville
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merry Xmas

JK wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
JK wrote:Merry Christmas Day for blokes

???

Did Beefsteak-and-BJ day get postponed this year?

Not in this house

You sir are a c**t. I'm not jealous at all.
by Grenville
Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter Handscombe would be expecting the Kiwis to declare at 300 to make game of this.
by Grenville
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well played lad, showed a bit of maturity.
by Grenville
Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well batted trav. Unbelievable how long its been for a sa born to make a ton at the G. Paine played beautifully, changed the game. Hats of to Wagner by far the best for the kiwis.

Wagner again was huge for the Kiwis, the stamina he's got is phenomenal. Doubt he would be an advocate of rotating bowlers and managing their workloads.
by Grenville
Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Condolences Portuguese explorer.
by Grenville
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 favorites

They have only added 3 players of note and Rose is not proven at this stage.There 5 losses were all very handy so I dont think they are that much better off .

Coming
Matthew Broadbent (Port Adelaide), Keegan Brooksby (returned/West Coast), James Rose (Sydney Swans/Sturt), Ben Sawford (Glenelg), Tom Highmore (Canberra)

Going
Brad Crabb (retired), Nick Liddle (retired), Abe Davis (Sturt), Emmanuel Irra (Norwood), Mark Noble (Werribee)

Going
Top notch stalwart, gun, patchy but talented, runs round like a drunken sperm and one I'm not that familiar with.
by Grenville
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would Centrals have him for a fourth time ?
Exactly. He might be good around the club but let’s be honest, if he’s getting a game in the league side then that side ain’t playing finals.

A fair point Spargo but if we kept going the way we were we weren't getting any closer anyway. I said a while back that Ben would've provided valuable experience in the magoos whilst providing an option if we got a few injuries. He wanted to stay at the club knowing basically this and got punted. Hope he hangs around and provides the Pisani boys and like with a bit of guidance.
by Grenville
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Fair play to those who still support AFLM and those who follow AFLW, your choice. I find them a piss poor imitation of the genuine article and a joke. Don't miss it, refuse to watch it and I'm sure the pittance I and those of my era used to put in in comparison to the new 'fans' means it will make a negligible difference to the bottom line of Gill and his cronies. Which is all they genuinely care about.
by Grenville
Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Fair play to those who still support AFLM and those who follow AFLW, your choice. I find them a piss poor imitation of the genuine article and a joke. Don't miss it, refuse to watch it and I'm sure the pittance I and those of my era used to put in in comparison to the new 'fans' means it will make a negligible difference to the bottom line of Gill and his cronies. Which is all they genuinely care about.

I see a link between CDFC and Hawthorn fans, cute that you support 2 clubs BTW.

A fair enough point, only reason I hadn't scrapped the AFL team off was laziness. Haven't watched them for years, only watch SANFL these days and am quite content. Why does it upset you so much that I don't like something?
by Grenville
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you reading now?

Just finished Spike Milligan's "Mussolini - His Part In My Downfall". A bit more sombre than the other 3 of his war memoirs that I've read, ends up with him suffering from shellshock. Still an excellent read, I'm now determined to track down his last 3 war memoirs.
by Grenville
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Yep, the Mrs florist business looks goneski.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Does she take online orders and how far does she have delivery?
Just last Thursday I got some flowers sent to my mum.

Perhaps SAFooty members could help out with flowers for their missus.
I'd buy a bunch to help out.

Where is her business situated?
by Grenville
Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |