by gazzamagoo
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Central v West Adelaide

Whilst I was crabbing off Port Vincent I regularly checked the scores & stats,
at half time we had about 20 more inside 50's but our accuracy was woeful,
I thought if we could convert more often that we could mount a challenge,
2 weeks in a row we've done the same thing, get this right from the first bounce & we'll go alright methinks.
2 games so far & we've kicked 12 & 13 goals,
we struggled to kick more than 9 last season,
we're on the improve.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Central v West Adelaide

Whilst I was crabbing off Port Vincent I regularly checked the scores & stats,
at half time we had about 20 more inside 50's but our accuracy was woeful,
I thought if we could convert more often that we could mount a challenge,
2 weeks in a row we've done the same thing, get this right from the first bounce & we'll go alright methinks.
2 games so far & we've kicked 12 & 13 goals,
we struggled to kick more than 9 last season,
we're on the improve.
Firstly, what sort of supporter are you, off crabbing while your club’s playing?
Secondly, did ya get a feed?

I'm a paid up member & sponsor that hates watching the way footy is played these days, frustrates the hell outta me!
And I don't want to drop dead from a heart attack watching a game of footy! lol
And of course I did, I love my crabbing,
back beach at Port Vincent was my victim this weekend,
then off to The Dalrymple for dinner Saturday night, excellent food!
by gazzamagoo
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 North v Centrals

North coming off a loss and Centrals coming off a good ole come from behind win in typical doggy style....

North have beaten Centrals in 4 of the last 5 at Prospect and won this fixture last year by 8 goals. This is the 150th meeting between these two clubs.

Centrals look to have improved on last year and the real North may not be known yet after two games. A long injury/covid list plays it's part.

Centrals may lose Tippins to injury while North look to have Andrew Moore, Keenan Ramsey, Cameron Craig, Kym LeBois, Reed van Huisstede, Cameron Hewett . Josh Byrne. Boadie Motton, Jamison Murphy. Matthew Borg. Lam Simon , Patrick White , Charlie Dinning and Mick Nunan available for selection.

I will wait to see the teams but favor North at home.
Hmmmmm, I was going to pick Us but with Nunan back in, I'll go with North, by 2 goals 5 points.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buying a House

DOC wrote:That's terrible. Break many?

No,
I downed them all.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 North v Centrals

Might try and head down for this one...…

Hoping Matty Longbottom gets the debut for NA after two strong reserves games picking up 21 and 25 possessions respectively.

Don't think the Dogs can get across the line but depends which one of our teams shows up jekyl or hyde. If we are truly a better side than last year we need to start playing with some consistency.

"All the dogs sides in the last 5 years have shown brilliance for half a game, none have managed to be able play consistent four quarter football. "

Except for Round 1 last season, against Norf.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Robe!
Any good suggestions for things to do/see/eat/drink this Easter.

Got the Pubs and the Brewery all sorted just need other suggestions here.
We go every new year for 2 weeks,
the chicks go to Holiday every bloody day & buy clothes,
the blokes go to the brewery, the beer is shite but young uns like it,
Sails food is excellent, the Caledonian is nowhere near as good as it used to be, the old Robe pub up closer to the marina is much better & has a fantastic view,
Cape Jaffa winery is excellent,
Nora Creina is stunning, take your fishing gear,
If you like 4WD'ing, go the Little Dip track from Robe to Beachport, or get off at Nora Creina, great fun & magnificent coastal views.
Woodsoak winery makes a nice drop & they usually open a little cellar door on the main street,
eat the local Gummy Shark, it's delicious.
Go to the marina and ask if you can be a dekky for a day,
Go to Beachport & go to the cafe opposite the jetty & have a fresh crayfish roll, magnificent!
Day trips to the Coonawarra wine region,
drive along the Robe beach & stop & have a picnic/bbq,
I love the place & could retire there (in the summer).
Enjoy!
by gazzamagoo
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 North v South

whufc wrote:If North could not pick Longbottom this week it would be greatly appreciated.

Next week the times align much better so that we could all go down and get at minimal a half in of watching his debut. :lol:

Go straight from the Centrals game to the North game.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

This gives me the shits.
Christmas Island,
no not the part of the island that we all know about but the "other" detention centre.
I know someone who is a member of the ERT (emergency response team) in the centre,
his job, and the other 15 odd members of the ERT, is to guard the inmates, keep them from killing each other & keep them safe.
There's a mixed bunch of crooks, rapists, murderers, terrorists etc etc & the problem is we won't/can't send them back to their country of origin, because they won't take them back.
We can't release them into the Australian society either, for obvious reasons.
Therefore the Australian government (you & me) wastes MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars annually housing these ferals.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Eagles vs Centrals X-Convenience oval Saturday

I'd be quietly confident if Hoskin was playing,
this could go right down to the wire.
Still think The Wiggles should win.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2022

Not sour grapes at all! Good luck to them.
I had heard somewhere that he had done an ACL.
by gazzamagoo
Thu May 05, 2022 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 Sturt vs Dogs Wigan Oval Sunday 2:10

Boys Club?
That was the argument when Laird and Grant were in charge... they have gone FYI.
Since Thommo took over he brought in Nick Russell and Sam Milne as assistants.
Only two still on the regular coaching panel from Roys tenure is Jeff Brown and Mark Watts (who had only just joined the year before)...hardly a "Club".

No organisation is going to air their dirty laundry when these things go down, but it doesn't mean they dont have good reason to make the decisions they make.

It's all irrelevant white noise anyway.
We have had poor results with our youth development for years (due to a non productive metro area and a country area that is strong enough to be a desirable option for their local youngsters). And we are not close to the beaches or cafes which are nice caveats for potential recruits.
Anyone with immediate solutions for these issues, please contact Megsy....
Excellent reply.
Anyone want to know who's to blame?
Go onto the CDFC facebook site & see Aiden Grace's excuse, you can't argue with the players.
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 09, 2022 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personally I LOVE the interaction! It shows that the players are fair dunkum & are fired Up! It just might get them over the line next match!
I think Aiden was calling the "supporters" that constantly put the players & club down not true supporters & he's 100% correct!
The ones that criticise all the time probably aren't even paid up members!
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS they still cant give any indication as to why the old coach is no longer there

I don't think it's realistic to expect a club to do that. Do you?

Behaviour
Performance
Change of strategy and direction
Better man for the job become available

etc etc, I wouldn't think those kind of phrases would be to much to ask from a club you are a member of.

When did you become a member
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 09, 2022 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PS. saw Aiden Grace comments......what a wanker.

His been at the club two minutes and thinks he can tell the fans there not true supporters. Most of those blokes posting did it tough for 30 odd years before our first premiership and they haven't seen a worse side than the current one. Him telling the fans 'you're all not true supporters' is bloody rich.

And now we have Paul Thomas responding to posts as well but not really in a constructive manner. Surely his been in the game long enough to know that when results like this year happen people are going to ask questions or be critical. To be fair the comments aren't even that bad other than 'the team has gone backwards', 'is Thomas the right man', 'Thommo isn't the right man'. I wouldn't call them completely unfair comments given the circumstances.

Aiden Grace, was supporting the coach and taking responsibility for the performance. "Nothing to do with our coach", "we played we take responsibility for it, it's not acceptable", "But don't try to blame it on one person". Again, I say good on him. As a player he understands it's not acceptable but don't blame the coach, pretty simple. I'm assuming his comments weren't necessarily directed at your selected quotes but maybe the three individuals that wrote 1) "Paul Thomas must resign immediately. You have failed", 2) We need a complete review and new leadership starting with the coach" and 3) "Time for the coach to go." If these three are supporters, they're entitled to their opinion, despite how wrong it would seem to many, including the players. They sound like those Richmond or Melbourne supporters that wanted to get rid of Hardwick or Goodwin early on. He's about 6 games into his second season, with an average squad, I wish the answer were as simple as removing the coach at this early stage but I'm not that naïve.

Love his passion, should be more of it!

He said "I believe wins will come & so does Thommo.
I have belief in him as a coach and trust him with anything.
I couldn't help myself and I can't stand people blaming Thommo."

Probably shouldn't bitten but he's certainly got his heart in the right place.
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 09, 2022 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 West End State Squad announced

southernbulldog wrote:Sheedy and selectors reckon they have picked a side in good form obviously they dont rate Kyle Presbury .

Good!
by gazzamagoo
Tue May 10, 2022 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Shiki at the Intercontinental.
by gazzamagoo
Wed May 11, 2022 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully he turns it on next Friday night and gives those not real fans something to cheer about.

I bloody hope we show a reaction after Sundays performance.

I found Montgomery's comments more interesting...……….he wrote, 'so gutted about today, then come home and have to read shit like this.'

I know its social media and its hard to avoid but surely as a player you would know to avoid reading comments after a performance like that......interesting usage of the term 'have to'. Probably shows the levels with which the younger generation are invested and encaptured by social media.

I know I don't cop the same level of scrutiny in my job but often my workplace will put up social media posts that will divide opinion (I work in health and fitness, sport and rec) where once again everyone is an expert. I know if we are posting something that may be controversial I will stay off our page until im in the head space and mindframe to read knowing I will probably be agitated by some of the posts.

Makes me wonder how much or if at all the club discuss social media etc with the players.

I love the passion & the interaction,
I've been screaming at the club for more transparency & "open-ness" for some time now.
They're not demi gods, they're just people & it's just footy,
maybe they stuffed up by venting their spleens publicly, so what.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 13, 2022 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Compulsory voting.
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 23, 2022 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Compulsory voting.

Drove 45 seconds to polling both...…lined up for 15 seconds....voting took another 30 seconds, grabbed the free snag on offer on the way out.
That's not my issue,
my issue is forcing thousands of people to make a HUGE decision but they don't know nor care how to vote/why they're voting.
To top it off, the "side" that got the most votes lost!
Very confusing!
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 23, 2022 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Compulsory voting.

Drove 45 seconds to polling both...…lined up for 15 seconds....voting took another 30 seconds, grabbed the free snag on offer on the way out.
That's not my issue,
my issue is forcing thousands of people to make a HUGE decision but they don't know nor care how to vote/why they're voting.
To top it off, the "side" that got the most votes lost!
Very confusing!

Google "two party preferred voting system". You might not have voted for them on your primary, but you voted for them on your preferences.
Yes! How simple!
But the thousands of 18 year olds that are voting for the first time have no idea what you are talking about.
It's not explained to them, especially by their parents, because most of them have no idea.
Example, my step daughter had no idea how to vote/who to vote for, Albo rocks up at her school on Friday with the TV entourage, says nice things on air about her so she votes for Labor.
I think that, leading up to an election, it should be explained to kids at school how it works, after all, it's compulsory so it must be important!
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 23, 2022 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

18yo shoots and kills 14 students and 1 teacher in an Elementary School in Texas. Heard on the radio that the kids were as young as 7 :cry:

I think we need to finally accept that we can't do anything about what people in other countries think & do, we'll never change Americans mind sets, when it comes to guns, it's ingrained into their society, to them it's almost a law to have a weapon.
by gazzamagoo
Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anzac Highway ******* disgrace

Build a train line down the middle and be done with it

Yep, agree, we need more public transport!
Driving to work, putting your car in a carpark & paying $10 or more per day, then not using your car all day until you go home is just DUMB.
In fact, it should be illegal.
by gazzamagoo
Wed May 25, 2022 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My old man had a Winchester 22 and kept it in the bedroom,
one night when mum and dad went out, my brother got it out* and made out he was hunting or something, pulled the trigger and blew a bloody great hole in the bedroom wall, right above mum and dad's bed.
We didn't know it was loaded, luckily I was across the road at Donjer's house that night.

Mum made dad sell the rifle.
by gazzamagoo
Fri May 27, 2022 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Waking up this early on a Saturday

I was up at 550am but I did have a marathon to go run

You didn't miss much :D
by gazzamagoo
Sat May 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Vamos wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:The one I'm building is 4 metres downstairs!
I'm going to need a plane's propeller!

Set up a Macca's restaurant while you're at it.
The memories of parties in the plane at west lakes

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Next to Three Palms Inn.
by gazzamagoo
Mon May 30, 2022 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"I got real complacent with the last GF, spent much of that day down in the bar enjoying the 'party'"

But didn't you lose your last GF in 2011 to the Mighty Eagles?

We did.....but the premiers bar was just one big continuous party from 10am until the end of game regardless how Centrals performed. Then we had the 3 Palms Inn which will go down in history many of the antics that took place there before and after games.

The 3 Palms Inn, venue of some legendary & infamous shenanigans.
Should be heritage listed!
by gazzamagoo
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

My turn, finally.
Tested positive on Wednesday,
showing absolutely no symptoms at all,
must be all the booze (and substances) over the years.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 Eagles v Centrals

We're gradually improving each week, the past 4 games are a testament to that.
We have to make sure that we don't put in a big shitter this weekend,
I still believe that we can go on at the second half of this season & win a few more matches,
maybe not end up with 6 or 7 but if we win only another 2 or 3 AND show real grit & character in the other games, then I reckon that's winning.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do not if this the right page to post this anyway here goes.

A great friend and footy mate Central fan who attended many a game with me over the last twenty years since i've known him also a contributor on SA Footy between 2005 and 2018. Lee had a fall at home about five years ago and as a consequence of his injury was doing it pretty tough sadly he passed away on 31.5 2022 RIP mate taken too soon.

RIP

Anthony Lee Hains
12.01.1957 - 31.05.2022
AKA
Dog_ger
That's bad news, I must admit I hadn't seen him on here for a while,
always had some interesting posts,
hopefully we can finish off with a few late wins for him.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll go way out on a limb here BUT I believe that we can win the next 5 matches!

We have an out of form South, at Elizabeth,
West at Richmond,
An out of form Sturt at Elizabeth,
Power reserves somewhere,
Norwood at Elizabeth,
Then Crows at Adelaide
and Glenelg at Elizabeth.

With Nietschke back & in great form, I'm sure he'll be back in the A's soon, possibly this weekend!
Glenelg at The Bay.

That'll make it easier! lol
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Armchair expert wrote:https://www.realestate.com.au/property-studio-sa-north+adelaide-433477510

From the Advertiser facebook page

Upstairs from my now EX accountant, Nick Birdseye,
very "unusual" man, to say the least.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v South

We're getting there, slowly but surely we're heading in the right direction.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 West v Central

another grub wrote:All the ground gained in the last month wiill be lost if you drop this....... Surely not :shock:

That's why I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

[quote="goddy11"]We found a disused brown paper bag in the storage room.

Well you DID play Norwood last week! They must have dropped it.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 West v Central

southernbulldog wrote:Gazzamagoo i thought McCormack was our ruckman .

With regards to the forwards it helps when we get the ball in quickly and deliver it a lot better to them .

He's our ruckman but he's still short.
We need a 200 cms plus big boy.
Then McCormack can go CHF.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Norwood vs C&$@s

Norwood in an upset by 11 points to give Jimbo a huge birthday present Very early birthday present :)
I will check the scores from time to time but doubt I watch it and I no longer attend any games against AFL reserves sides
Respect to you sir. =D>

About time!
I haven't attended any since their inception!
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

FNQ.
Between 23 degrees & 27 degrees everyday at this time of the year,
great pubs, great seafood, magnificent scenery,
my kind of place,
sick to death of being cold.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another massive crash at the bottom of the Freeway, doesnt look good at all

Needs to be an alternate route for heavy vehicles or this carnage will continue :( :(

I've mentioned it multiple times, when coming to Adelaide from the east, trucks divert from Murray Bridge to Truro, make the road wider through to Truro, then divert around Truro, the road after that is double lane all the way to Port Adelaide, where most of the semis are heading in the first place.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Dogs vs Power Reserves

Whilst we are discussing all things AFL in SANFL...

I had no dramas with the Port v Dogs game being played at Oval Ave. It was Port's home game and therefore they had a right to choose the venue.

But the timing... the game was held at 7 40 with the reason given to allow for the support staff to attend AO and then go straight to the SANFL game.
Yet, what thought was given to Centrals support staff? A 7 hour gap in the middle of the day making it too difficult for many who were not able to fulfil roles for both teams.
The Dogs proposal of a 1pm start for the league game was not accepted by Port.
Why should the sanfl clubs bend for the afl clubs? Isn't this an sanfl comp? So shouldn't the afl clubs be the ones who should bend in situations like this?

And............................................why did we agree to it.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I like this one.
Just after we got married, my wife told me that it's time I got rid of my old boat,
I told her she was starting to sound like my ex-wife,
she replied with "I didn't know that you have been married before"
I told her I hadn't.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Gorillaz concert last night, with my 12 y.o. daughter, very cool experience!
I rarely go to concerts but I'm glad I went to this one BUT they didn't perform Dare, which left everyone very surprised!
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20

am Bays wrote:Surprised there's been no commentary regarding the alleged islamic slur on Saturday night.

This shiite never happened at Footy Parks back in the day, people were too busy whingeing about the aluminium seats to abuse players...

:D :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Booney wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:People getting a bit triggered today. Come on guys. It's only a footy forum. Go Cats!!!!!!!!

Yeah, go football!

AND BEER!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Real Estate company ring me today wanting to know if interested in selling our property as they have an interested buyer and wanted to arrange a meeting as such.

Can confirm it was legit but they seemed to lose interest when i agreed to the meeting and said, just tell your buyer to bring 2 mill in cash and we will talk. Real Estate agent lost interest and said, "Sorry won't bother you again" and hung up

Found it interesting seeing that i posted elsewhere on this forum that was thinking of selling up and moving to NSW and then get this call :shock:

It wasn't me.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

tipper wrote:interesting rumour on MMM this morning.

apparently the power have been canvassing for someone to coach their reserves in the VFL instead of the SANFL. too many restrictions on them here in SA apparently

hope its true.

One goes, both go.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

MW wrote:I'm afraid to ask, but what guernsey would Port wear in the VFL vs Collingwood?

I reckon the Power reserve's side would wear the Power guernsey!
There's no need to reference The Maggies anymore,
it's not even on their reserve's guernsey anymore.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

carey wrote:So none of this happened to the non-Indigenous players then?

Ohh no, they’re just not releasing a book, yeah right got it.

Probably because no-one else has raised the issues.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Centrals vs Norwood Sat

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Norwood win by a point.

Poor Centrals.

At least OUR reserves won! (and U18's & U16's)
by gazzamagoo
Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 Centrals vs Norwood Sat

Boyd and Surman showed what we miss in not having a genuine ruck.[/quote]

We're already working on this issue,
been talking to a big unit recently, about 205cms.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |