Search found 70 matches

Return

Re: NRL

Booney wrote:Some World Class cheating gets Wigan over the line.

When I say over the line I mean not over the line, but lets call it over the line anyway.

It wasn't a double movement, c'mon Boon

Was a bloody triple movement, Panfs got mugged good and proper!
by wenchbarwer
Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black listed companies

MW wrote:Top load washing machines are a thing of the past, and not many manufacturers put much time into them, concentrating on the higher volume front load machines.

There are better ones out there though, but F&P are horrendous.

Front loaders are alright for you short people...
by wenchbarwer
Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Hinkley Factor

TLDR. Hinkley is Blight era Geelong. Thankfully, he's brought that culture to a club that used to win things back then. Happy days.

regards,

REB

How he couldn't get that Cats side at least 1, yet got the Crows 2, will have me clueless until my last breath.

We played peak Hawthorn and West Coast with a shithouse bottom six. In 89, not ready, 92, the one that got away, 94, played out of our skins just to qualify and went in injured. Crows got St Kilda with no ruckman and Roos who kicked themselves out of it.

regards,

REB

The disrespect shown to Brett Cook here is a disgrace!!!
by wenchbarwer
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:
Yep, better than the $700+ that the original / last release were going for!

StockX are pirates!
by wenchbarwer
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

We aren't focused on the outcomes says Daryl Mitchell. The mating call of the loser. I was a D Grade scrubber but I wasn't out there to make friends.

regards,

REB

If you play at the pinnacle level of your sport, your sole focus should be about winning.

Are we winning? If yes, keep winning. If no, how do we win?

It's not rocket surgery, that's for sure.
by wenchbarwer
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Sadly it reconfirms there simply is too many teams in the northern burbs. Could be wrong but it feels there is always one of the clubs who just cant fill a side. Was Smithfield, now Elizabeth. EP appeared to really struggle with the b grade last year, that wont be a problem this year.
No, sadly it just reaffirms that the merry go round of players are to the detriment of the clubs. They pick and choose where they play, when they play based on how that side is looking. When the going is good, they're all keen, when it looks like there is work to be done they drive 5min down the road to the next hot club.

Wasn't long ago Smithfield went from D7 to D4 and were flying... Elizabeth won the flag onto 3 years ago from memory.. Eastern Park almost made the D5 Grand Final a few years back. Brahma Lodge won a stack of flags in D7 and last year could barely field a one team, now they're all back.

Every club has a core group of committed players and hard working volunteers - but are let down by players who choose to take the easy path on the hunt for premiership success.

Using too many clubs is a cop out and shit excuse - don't hear clubs south of the CBD saying the same - Mitchell Park, Kenilworth, Flinders Uni, Marion, SHOC would all be within a stones throw of each other.. or to the West - Portland, Pt Districts, Henley, Seaton, Rosewater, North Haven etc.

Not wrong but I will say having BL&G plus plains leagues right next door to the far Northern amateur teams adds a bit of difficulty too, problem is everyone thinks they are worth coin and some desperate teams are willing to pay it. Maybe time to merge a couple of teams...

Same issue down south with the SFL & GSFL leagues
by wenchbarwer
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The southern teams also have the hills league on our doorstep.

Can get from CLG to Blackwood in 6-7 minutes

CLG should do everyone a favour and join the hills league.
I'd prefer Blackwood to do the HFL a favour & join the AdFL :)

It's about time the old SFL/HFL/GSFL super league gets rehashed again, isn't it?
by wenchbarwer
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

How does daylight saving affect you in March?

By turning the best mornings of the year into dark shitholes.
By not following the natural flows of the changing of the seasons.
By turning up to work feeling very dull.
By going against natural bio-rythms
By creating a certain danger of more people going to work at darker/low-light times when kangaroos are active near roadways, especially during dry spells

There is still enough daylight to be doing things after work without it, so what benefit does it create.

Never seen someone so affected by daylight

He might be a vampire, you never know.
by wenchbarwer
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We should probably get this thread back to talking about div 6 footy :lol:
by wenchbarwer
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Brodlach wrote:Whilst I had been in there (work purposes) I never participated

Helping install a TV, were you?
by wenchbarwer
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane Olympics 2032

Does this and the Victorian Government cancelling tge Com Games hurt our country from holding other World events?
Surely can't help.
Probably wont impact places like Perth, Sydney and Adelaide too much though.

Going by how long they took to do the new track, plus how long it's taking to build the new SASI and wind tunnel centre, there's no way we could offer to host an Olympics before the turn of the century...

Hey, that wind tunnel is very well designed!

And hopefully one day soon they can actually use it!
by wenchbarwer
Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Booney wrote:Has Rachele bulked up too much and lost some agility?

Fluid retention. Drank too much of his own bathwater.
by wenchbarwer
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

locky801 wrote:Week work trip to Port Lincoln, big change from bloody Broken Hill

Wash your mouth out...
by wenchbarwer
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

Vamos wrote:Just put an 85 incher on the wall, got last night's game on to give it a run. Selwood doesn't sound any better the next day :D

Got a TV delivered, huh? :lol:
by wenchbarwer
Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Jason Dunstall has been elevated to legend status in the AFL Hall of Fame.
To this day the greatest full forward I’ve ever seen play.

Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett Snr , all from an era when stay at home full forwards were the norm, they did however have to earn their kicks unlike the modern players.

For the era he played in Franklin I think is the best FF I have seen. To kick 1000 goals this century the way the game is played is nothing short of phenomenal.

Dunstall however was, with Hodges, my childhood hero. Still have the Oz Child guernsey with the #19 on it.

God played further up the ground throughout most of the 80's, wasn't a true FF until the 90's. Places him above the other two if you take that into account, I reckon if he solely played FF he would have smashed Plugger's record.
by wenchbarwer
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

MW wrote:And so is Klay. Zero points in 31 minutes, he not coming back

Hopefully Draymond joins him, he's beyond embarrassing at this point
by wenchbarwer
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

MW wrote:
bertiebeatle1 wrote:That might be the end of one of the better era's of basketball we've seen

Speak for yourself, I grew up in the mid 80s to mid 90s NBA

Yeah, would think Bird's Celts, Magic's Lakers or MJ's Bulls would like a word or two...
by wenchbarwer
Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A concern I have with Lizbeff at the moment given their publicity - and yes this is a selfish stance - but what happens if one of these clubs battling for the 5 come up against them and they've promoted the club and brought in a stack of celebrity "ring ins" who play the one game and effectively impact that other clubs chances of playing finals or a top 3 spot.

Rd 12 for instance they host Houghton, or Rd 16 Ingle Farm, or Rd 17 Rosewater.. imagine Rosies going out there Rd 17 needing to win and suddenly being met by a team of one off guns all for promo purposes.

If they play B grade, less impact on clubs - might still cost a club a finals spot still, but clubs are build around their A grade and promotion / relegation is around the A grade.

This is a good point, heard yesterday Daniel Gorringe was gonna put his hand up for a game. Whilst he's no megastar, he'd be pretty bloody handy in Div 6, you'd think. Elizabeth have 12 of 15 points available, too, so that could be 3 or 4 guns
by wenchbarwer
Tue May 07, 2024 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

Meanwhile, Shohei Ohtani looks like his USD$700 M contract is a bit unders.

First in the Majors in hits, batting average, doubles, home runs, total bases, slugging % & OPS.

Second in runs, on base %, and wins above replacement (WAR).

Sixth for RBIs, and ninth for steals. All this and he's 8 months post elbow reconstruction...
by wenchbarwer
Wed May 08, 2024 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:how was the mid game trade the other day... guy on 2nd base gets told to pack his bag :shock:

Literally took his bats and glove and went home! :lol:
by wenchbarwer
Thu May 09, 2024 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |