Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Just seen the sunday GFs are at South Adelaide, wtf? Its sucha soleless place for the sat comp gf and now do it for sundays when it used to be excellent atmosphere at dingy :roll: :roll: :roll:

Can ironbank provide a full juniors? Or do we get more gaps ina full sat program?

My mail was the female club delegates wanted the grand finals at South Adelaide. Association wasn’t particularly supportive but it’s what the clubs wanted. 100% agree the atmosphere at a local club compared to the baron expanse of South Adelaide is astronomical.

I believe they have to have a full suite of juniors for submission to the SFL.
by footy1992
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Why do you say that Dutchy?

Coming from a very very long way back. And now Ironbank is gone i struggle to see them getting a win unless they’ve signed 5+ decent ones.

More than confident they will win a few games in 2024

I bounced some info I heard last week that Turner from Glenelg is going to Echunga but got nothing.... but was back in the same front bar and talk is the have also signed a former West ruck a huge fella and a player from Goodwood/Goolwa that they said is pretty handy also but it was discussed over a few beers in a hills pub.... beers and snitty was 10/10.
by Show Time
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

Brodlach wrote:Or didn’t pay what they promised

but if they didn't get paid, then technically they wouldn't have over spent? :P
by The Bedge
Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Or didn’t pay what they promised

Paying over the cap but not to the extent you promised would be a hell of a bold strategy.
by jo172
Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Why did the former players flip?

I believe Gaza were denying them clearances/playing hard ball.
by Yungmuney
Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There will be some very nervy presidents and committee members come out of this.
I mean it's a lot of breaches but gee a lot of clubs would be in similar territory for sure.
by tigerpie
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kidding yourself if you think more clubs aren’t paying that and more
by bubba love
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would go as high as 50% of teams in any league you care to name would be guilty of salary cap cheating.
This may scare most of them clean but they're will always be the ol brown paper bag.
by tigerpie
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There will be some very nervy presidents and committee members come out of this.
I mean it's a lot of breaches but gee a lot of clubs would be in similar territory for sure.

If the dollars being splashed about at Port Noarlunga are lead to be believed, they would want to be holding more than a music festival...
by wenchbarwer
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's funny isn't it in that in being totally unsuccessful makes it far less offensive.
by jo172
Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The fines are there as a deterrent. If a club ignores the deterrent and then doesn't cop the fine what deterrent is there for others to be compliant.

Plenty of clubs being compliant and having to suffer the consequences of those not by missing out on recruits or losing players to overs being offered outside the cap. And then having to play against those clubs bolstered by their disregard for the rules. And then copping it from members saying why aren't we as good as that club down the road.

I have no sympathy for those who break the rules, especially to this extent.
by blublurag
Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Send them back to z division, minimal fine so the club can still survive. Halve their points allocation for 2 years.
If they introduced criminal convictions to presidents/boards would that stop all the shenanigans with player payments?
I mean are boards committing fraud by keeping two sets of books?
It wouldn't stop a sponsor from slipping a couple of hundred in your pocket after the game I know .

Exactly, the salary cap is easily worked around, ditch the cap and tighten the points system.
by Armchair expert
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happytowatchlocal wrote:
oldman wrote:Porties got a bit of a hiding in last weekends trial.

Who did they play?Did their new big names play? Lots going on there, be fun to watch how they go.

They played Henley. Not really a shock that one of the D3 favourites smashed them to be fair.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Emus were far more competitive than the final score indicates.
by King
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |