Search found 217 matches

Return

Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Thought I'd get a thread going for all us slow and old fellas still trying to get a kick!
by S Demon
Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 3 - 2017

#Bathyfact
Scott Dykstra named coach of Hope Valley C grade
On the off chance you haven't started training yet.
Happy to have the chat in the C grade forum but he gave me nothing when I mentioned it

I hear they will let anyone coach c grade these days. I reckons you're just scouting

Is this you mentioning it in the C grade forum? Bit vague, yeah?

I heard Tommy Javor was one of HV's big recruits for the C grade. Did you hear the same?
by S Demon
Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

carey wrote:I believe Salisbury North C grade are in C3 in season 2017 yet draft has them still in C1?????

I dare say there will be a few changes from the attached draft fixture
by S Demon
Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Bombers4EVA wrote:Gonna be a cracking Division this year. Do you think Pooraka will be the clear favourite?

They will be very hard to beat
by S Demon
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Gonna be a cracking Division this year. Do you think Pooraka will be the clear favourite?
They will be very hard to beat
Is that because they have picked up a lot of players? Or is it because some ex Pooraka boys are heading back?
I think they took a while to gel last year and showed some good form late in the season pushing NH (3rd) and beating Salisbury (4th) and Edwardstown (5th) I think they will take that momentum into Div 5 and after picking up a few more they will definitely be around the mark. Their C grade will also improve with Dolan coming back :lol:
by S Demon
Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

Bombers4EVA wrote:I reckon Ingle Farm are going to be the bench in Div 6 this year and I reckon they'll go all the way.

If they're the bench, does that mean everyone is going to sit on top of them?
by S Demon
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

Odds for TTG to make the top 3?

Some inside info we don't know about?
If they have a similar team to last year they will be right up there - Wicks, Foura, Ford, Formosa, Blank, Agostino, Noske, Wilson, Rickard, form a pretty handy core group. A team with AFL, SANFL, and Div 1 experience will still go alright in this division, even if they are all getting on
by S Demon
Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Robb_Stark wrote:Lockleys win over Houghton

Ingle Farm win against Rosewater

other then the people posting thanks the rest of us wanted to know who won

Hectorville over Hope Valley by about 4 goals
by S Demon
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs struggling for numbers ...

Given most B grade sides use excess of 50 different players a season I am very concerned about a cap.. I used 67 players last year for instance. We had nearly 100 registered players for 3 teams yet struggled to field a C grade at times

I have 52 x players who have said they want to play C grade this year. Filled a full side for Round 1 with 7 on the bench. Still 27 blokes that I could not select for various reasons. People just don't have the passion to play the game like they used to. Other things are more important to them which I totally understand. I should have listened to morell #neveragain
by S Demon
Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:the player from greenacres who spat in the face of a pooraka player got 6 weeks

Brings him past 12 and an automatic de-registration.

Is this too harsh on him, just for a couple of mistakes? /sarcasm

Spitting in someone's face is the lowest of the low. Good riddance
by S Demon
Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big thanks to the Fitzroy FC for the hospitality they showed us after our game on Saturday. Was very generous. All 25 x HV players plus officials came in for a drink. The only disappointing thing, was not one fitzroy player came in...
by S Demon
Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Not sure about dramatically improve your side or their training habits, but Ewen, Cox and Coomblas went alright in the C's on the weekend!
That's good feedback - don't always get the feedback i want from the C grade :lol:

Coomblas has been in the B grade, went down because he's a bit unfit at the moment, worked away all week and only flew back in Sat morning to Adelaide. Also with Pulteney being a younger/fitter side, i opted to go with an extra runner instead of the bigger body.

Ewen is captain of the C grade, wrong side of 30, definitely an option if I get stuck but my preference would be to find younger lads who are likely to push into the A grade in coming years.

Cox is a space cadet :lol: Has some ability but nothing between the ears.
Cox attacked the ball hard and kicked a couple of good running goals. Was in and out of the game though.
Dion definitely carrying an extra couple of kegs from when I last saw him. Still knew where to run to and how to get it
Ewen played at full back and rebounded a heap of footy. It was coming into Payneham's forward line thick and fast and he did a great job on Jamie Battams keeping him to 1 or 2
by S Demon
Tue May 16, 2017 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OVERRULING GOAL/BOUNDARY UMPIRES
"Field umpires should take the time to consult goal/boundary umpires if there is a questionable decision. If the goal/boundary umpire is a League appointed umpire and is 100% sure of the decision, that goal/boundary umpire has the final say. If the goal/boundary umpire is a club appointed umpire and the field umpire is 100% certain of the decision, the field umpire has the final say."
by S Demon
Tue May 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big congrats to Dylan Hofmann who tomorrow runs out in the magoos in his 300th senior game for Hope Valley. Massive effort. Only 4 blokes with their name on that list in 111 years. Something to be very proud of. Good luck Hoffy!!
by S Demon
Fri May 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When was the last time Hope Valley missed the finals in the magoos?

S Demon ?

I have been at the club since 2004, and don't recall us missing the 5 in my time, either.
Probably mid-late 90's we would have. I know the A grade struggled in 95 after winning the premiership and losing half their side the following year. We fought it out though, unlike the current day teams
by S Demon
Mon May 29, 2017 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Division 5 tipping comp.

ROUND 12
Hope Valley vs Greenacres 40+
Pooraka vs Kenilworth 40+
Woody South vs Rosewater 40+
Blackfriars vs Lockleys Draw
Glenunga vs CBCOC 1-39
by S Demon
Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Q. wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Can someone please tell me if the slide in rule is used in SAAFL.

Pretty sure it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM7gjb-9BDg&feature=em-upload_owner

10min 26sec mark
by S Demon
Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

At what age group should kids HAVE to train regardless of weather conditions?

Just want a feel of other thoughts.
What ever their conditions they play in.....if the play when it's pissing down they train.
That old cliche LOL. So little Johnny who's 8 years old should train when it's pissing down so he can catch a cold and have mum or dad take time off work to sit home with him because he can't go to school?

You're not alone with that thought process though.

Does little Johnny play in the pissing rain on a Sunday? He might miss school on Monday too....if they don't play in similar conditions then why train in said conditions.
8 year olds get little out of playing in the pissing rain other than cold, wet, numb fingers, blue lips and in a lot of cases, upset and distraught. U8 games get called off if the weather is horrendous and so they should.

As for training, there is zero benefit in training in those conditions at any age level IMO. Yes you might have to play in it on a sunday, but then it just becomes a slogfest of good old wet weather footy and you deal with it on the day. Training in it is pointless, unless you do 20+ sessions in those conditions, then maybe you might get better at wet weather footy. Maybe.
by S Demon
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

Very interesting WOS. In Round 7 at Plympton we had the siren blow in an earlier quarter as our player was running into an open goal from 5 metres out. Siren went as the ball left his hand but before it hit the boot. Scores were tied late in game and a Plympton player marks about 30 metres out. Siren sounds before he took the kick which at the time seemed to be a short qtr. goal was scored so they win by 6 points. We did have a timekeeper with the Plympton bloke and I can't recall any dramas about timekeeping irregularities but it is still "very interesting".
So basically you've raised an issue that is a non-issue am I correct? I think that's " very interesting " in itself... :shock:
by S Demon
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Jordan Pepper who tomorrow runs out for his 300th game for Hope Valley. At least 250+ of them were played in the A grade. Only the 7th player to reach that milestone in our 110+ year history. Hope you have good one Pep!!
by S Demon
Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Short Term pain for long term gain. You need to cease paying a barman. The quicker you do it the better.

Our Sporting Club had a paid barman for about 7 years up until 2014. We nearly closed the doors because it simply wasn't viable, but no one wanted to make the tough call

Since we went to full volunteer mode behind the bar we have already installed new carpet, new air conditioners, renovated the toilets, fixed up a lot of things that needed fixing, installed a new till and scanner. Early next year will see us remove and replace the centre square with better drainage and install an electronic scoreboard. Once a few other big ticket items are complete, then the SC will look to give back more of the profit share to the affiliates. No longer having a paid barman was the best thing we ever did

We currently give the affiliates 2 x functions per year where they get 25% of the 'revenue' from that function. Bar takes $5k, affiliate gets $1250. The more they support it, the more they get back in $$
by S Demon
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:C6 has PNU v Old Iggies in the QF - shouldn't that be Elizabeth?

A few bugs in the fixture over the weekend. C5 has now been fixed with HV v Lockleys in the QF and C4 also fixed. I'm sure C6 will be sorted shortly..
by S Demon
Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BOS' oval wasn't in terrible condition at all 2 weeks ago but after a week of rain it's going to be downright disgusting :(

this will be a major factor on saturday..by the time of the A grade game it could be a churned pile of mud and stench..B grade game wont be much better..
Easy fix, play the C grade and B grade HV v Lockleys at Hope Valley. Lockleys are in one spot, then St Dom's doesn't get chewed up for the Blackfriars v Pooraka Elimination Final. Move the start time of the CBC v Lockleys game to 2.30pm to give Lockleys supporters enough time to get there 8)

i have an easy fix..play the LFC v HVFC C and B grade at thebby and move the blackfriars B grade to blackfriars! :)
CBC have the right to follow their A grade so this can't happen unfortunately zedman, my idea is much better ;)
by S Demon
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big congrats to Jarrad "Dunny" Dunn and Josh "Woody" Woodman (we are very creative at the valley when it comes to nicknames) who will both play milestones games tomorrow in the C grade Qualifying Final.

Dunny will play his 300th, the 7th player ever and the 3rd player this year to do so for HV
Woody will play his 250th

Nice work lads and good luck!!
by S Demon
Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Congrads to" Byron Murphy (ROOS)" and "Bradley Robertson (CHICS") on winning DIV 4 Association Medal 21 votes each and "Josh Bennett (LIONS)" 3rd on 20

Well done to both players, Murphy is gun. How can a guy kick over a 100
Goals in the B's and not get in the top 20. :shock:

Most dangerous player in the comp.

Forrie got 4 votes, a vote every 26 goals
Maybe the blokes up the field doing all the hard work to get him the ball got the votes instead..
by S Demon
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Footy Chick wrote:The game is now at Gaza so only 5 mins away!

Isn't it Uni v Goody Saints double header at Gaza? PAOC reserves at Campbelltown still..?
by S Demon
Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

adr107 wrote:It's confirmed. Bassani announced as Fitzroy coach.

Did he also apply for Club Treasurer?
by S Demon
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotion and Relegation

Who's going to be left in D7? or will it be filled up with C/D grades again?
Why don't you look a few posts up at the table ya goose :D

Because it shows the intended D6S and D6N - not D7 (and still shows no Uni)

Ya goose :lol:

If all the D7 teams will be in D6 N or S - but Uni will be in D7 - who is playing in D7 with them, or will they just play with themselves and win a flag? ;)
It could be a good way for them to play other 19-23 year old fit blokes in a C grade comp... :shock:
by S Demon
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

What's going on out at Hectorville? A few stalwarts on the move - Wootton, Francisco x 2, Ingall, Sauerwald...

OOh, I heard something about Wooton and now I can't remember what it was.

Possibly coaching or assisting somewhere? or he went for a gig somewhere and didnt get it?

Stupid short memory :lol:
He quit because he said the culture at Heccies isn't suitable for his young family, and while he was still able, wanted to play somewhere else for a little incentive.. if an assistant role was thrown in then even better, but wasn't bothered.

Maybe he just wanted to stay in red, blue and yellow so he didn't need to buy new shorts... :shock:
by S Demon
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Australia Squad: Steve Smith (c), David Warner (vc), Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine (wk), Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Jackson Bird, Chadd Sayers.

13 man squad named
I'd love to have the photo's of the selectors that Marsh obviously has. Then I'd be playing for Australia too!!
by S Demon
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would say GG will nominate a D grade again.

Haven't heard anything from Fitzroy.

If that draft draw comes to fruition and we have 7 triple headers per block- that would be fantastic for all concerned.

Probably more like 8 per block or 16 in total, as whoever the 2 x teams are that aren't in Div 5, we will only play them AWAY at a different time.
The home clash would be a triple header I would think :-BD
by S Demon
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

probably based on an A grade draft draw.

Dont forget we're likely to have a Uni side here too, given they probably won't put any teams in D6 or 7 in 2018.

:(

:evil: :evil:

should be in c4 minimum..lost one game all year..probably during uni holidays..and the gf score:

Adelaide University
8.15-63
FINAL
2.0-12
Hope Valley

This pretty much sums up that GF...
https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-27-2015/lWQtfM.gif
by S Demon
Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The striped jumpers are back at HV this year. Probably means very little to most, but the old school lads still at the valley would be happy about it
by S Demon
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

adr107 wrote:
S Demon wrote:The striped jumpers are back at HV this year. Probably means very little to most, but the old school lads still at the valley would be happy about it

Were they similar to the ones you wore as a one off this year? They were brilliant.

IMG_2963.JPG

Yep, same ones
by S Demon
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Q. wrote:I think we have 75 registered for 2018 now

C grade Q man??

You would need at least another 15-20 on the books before considering a C grade..
by S Demon
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Half Back Flanker wrote:Eastern Park Kowree Naracoorte Tatiara Football League Mansell, Shawn Pending 2018-02-

Massive loss for EP

Scroll up a few posts
by S Demon
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Did WC have a hitout last night against Torrens Valley?? If so how did it go?

Torrens valley turned up with 22 players played all 6 quarters the first 3 quarters was W.C As were average weak in ruck were trying the switch of play worked every 4th-5th shot ran through the ground ok ruckmen seem to love tapping backwards to sumner at the end of the first 3 quarters W.C won by 4 goals then the W.C Bs came out got belted by the same 22
So their weak ruckmen loved tapping it backwards to one of their midfielders?
by S Demon
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers to Johnno and the Elizabeth lads for the trial game this morning
by S Demon
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

marbles wrote:who was para hills playing last friday if it wasnt luthies

Central United?
by S Demon
Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jars and Louie announcing which footy team they've "bought" just after 4pm today..
by S Demon
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Caaaarn can someone just explain WTF it means yet haha?
Basically its a competition run by Triple M for Jars and Louie to own a football team. The word 'own' being used very loosely.

They will do a recap each week on their show of how the team performed, attend a training or two, help with fundraising activities with some auction items and there may even be some cameos from a few ex AFL players. We get a chance to promote the club, our sponsors, other Div 5 clubs and the Adelaide Footy League on prime time radio

It's all a bit of fun really, but hopefully quite beneficial to the club
by S Demon
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm trying to figure out what you blokes are talking about, but you keep shifting the goalposts..
by S Demon
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Am I right in saying the great Zartan has to put the boots on this weekend?
Good news travels fast. I expect I'll probably have 27 and kick 4.2 .

After the game I can be joined at the bar, buy me a drink and i'll tell you all how good I am - and how shit the rest of you are.
What will you do after quarter time though?
by S Demon
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very disapointing to see 2 forfeits in C6 this week. Hopefully it was just too far for Edwardstown to come to Elizabeth and Mawson Lakes took a strategic forfeit against top side Old Iggies.. or are both sides done for the year?

From experience if you're struggling on field and it gets to the stage of a forfeit in round 3 life doesn't tend to get any easier as the year goes on.

Yeah, its a hard one.. Round 1 last week we had aroun 20-25 out across the top 3 grades which really impacts filling our D grade... we like to think we will have the numbers to compete all year but when it starts meaning playing with no bench or C Grade players having to double up to help out the D's later that day (or under 18's who play on the Sunday) it gets to the point where sometimes hard calls need to be made.

That call can often mean that your bottom 10-15 players either wont get a game each week or will play bugger all game time.
We had a number of people suggest that we get a D grade up and running as it was looking likely that up to 20-25 blokes would miss out on playing in the early rounds. So far we've just scraped up 24-25 each week with no one missing out, which would have meant an early forfeit for our D grade. And even that was only because a few new players came out. You really need at least an extra 40 players just in your D grade squad in my opinion to make it sustainable throughout the year

I know Edwardstown had a number of blokes play C grade at 10.15am and double up in the D grade at 2.15pm in Round 1, which I thought was a bit of a worry that early in the season
by S Demon
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Fair clash... :shock:
497D7E05-F478-4809-A9B8-791D6611F83F.jpeg
by S Demon
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

I know the North Haven posters will it mention when they get on here, but have to say well done to Matt Eagles who makes his AFL debut for Brisbane this weekend. Can still remember and Elimination Final out at HV when he marked everything that was kicked and destroyed us. Fair effort to be 28 and making his debut. Wish him all the best
by S Demon
Fri May 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loky Anderson with a lazy 10 goals after half time for Houghton. Nice
by S Demon
Sun May 06, 2018 12:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

How do you know which end a team warms up at before the game?

To be honest I don’t think anyone at Kilburn really cares about the song or the warm up. We’ve just lost three in a row and need to make sure we play 4 quarters before worrying about who sings what and where.

Unfortunately bleed red and blue played well. Will have to hold off getting stuck into him on here for another 10 weeks.
I always thought teams warm up at the same end as their coaches box. Not sure if that is a rule or just a guideline?
by S Demon
Mon May 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the feedback Bedge. This was our canteen lady's first ever day on the job and thanks to triple m, we had a much larger crowd than a normal triple header and were under the pump all day in the canteen, bbq and the bar. It was a rude awakening for our first home game of the year. It's fair to say we'd had little practice in the lead up to Saturday with a lot of new volunteers experiencing things for the first time. We've got a much larger deep frying ready to be installed which will hopefully help speed up the chip orders.

You'll be pleased to know that the Holy Grail was invented during the week in anticipation of your arrival, but with everything going on it was even a surprise to the player's in the BBQ, who suddenly had to make them with little information before the actual day! The boys did a pretty good job all things considered

We also normally have a coffee van on sunday morning, but they opted to go elsewhere with no games there for the start of the season. For future reference, there is also a coffee machine inside the clubrooms. Although I'm not sure that would have tasted much better to be honest

All in all, it was a huge day for the club and good to get the 3 wins.
by S Demon
Tue May 15, 2018 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to HV junior Stefan Giro who is making his debut for Fremantle this week against the Kangaroos
by S Demon
Wed May 23, 2018 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |