Search found more than 7288 matches

Return

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

As far as I am concerned, the channel 7 commentary has been absolutely rubbish when compared to what the ABC guys gave. They spend more time talking to each other than actually calling the game properly play by play. Michael Maney sure didn't do that, Kendall or Cross either.

I agree, but aren't you watching the game, do you really need someone to tell you a bloke kicked the ball when you are watching it?
by Booney
Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

I will be taking 2 weeks off at the start of December which will enable me to enjoy the first 2 tests of the summer.
The only tests that you'll be enduring are sleepless nights, dirty nappies and an overload of advice from family & friends who know doubt will "know what's best" :lol:
Yes, and some know all **** with a "book" that will "teach" you about parenting.
Good to know i've wasted 39 weeks reading the ****ing thing then :lol:

No, no.....I'm sure it will be of huge benefit to you at 3:18 am when you've got shit on your elbows.... :lol:
by Booney
Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double header at Adelaide oval

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Don't be offended cos we didn't invite the AFL reserves.

I'm not offended one bit. If I got upset by every stupid ******* idea I've seen or heard I'd be an angry man. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

my missus said last night to me she was seriously considering wearing it and if that bird doesn't like my wifes reply to her and anuone else who queries it will be "i was given this dress so i'm wearing it" and then promptly tee off on the spaz!!! My wife is quite possibly one of the only people i would not want to get in to an argumemnt with! She is ruthless and doesn't forget a thing!! Surprisingly i haven't copped a rath, but i have seen it first hand!!! It's brilliant!!!

Anyone with a wife feels the same way mate. ;)
by Booney
Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With only 8 teams you would have time to work out a "ladder of integrity", play 1st v 2nd with the winner into the GF, 3rd v 4th with the loser off to get a pie or pasty from the Balfours van while the loser of 1 v 2 and the winner of 3 v 4 playing in the Prelim.

The other 4 teams could sit on the grass, legs folded, watching the action unfold. Maybe some face painting for them to keep them amused.

Play the GF under lights and get the whole season done in one day!

Sounds great and as good as any other idea here!!! :lol:
by Booney
Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

I may have missed it but I haven't seen 1 person post a comment about the game as a post-game commentary. That is 5 pages of people who are still angry about the current setup with about a month to go to finals.

This is not good for the comp!

Moore and Summerton excellent for Port, Summerton will go close to a Magarey Medal if his form is rewarded with votes. He's been brilliant this year.

Mitchell kept Crouch out of the game after half time,Mitchell held him when Adelaide had the ball and Crouch couldn't keep up with Mitchell when the ball was going the other way. Crouch can get the ball but if Saturday is true to form he needs to work on his skill level, his want/need to kick the ball 10-15m instead of handballing is a worry. Although he is playing in a side that just gets made up on the day from some sort of school yard "I'll take him" selection policy.....

Haren battled well in the ruck, big Gus Bruggemann took some telling marks in defence and the likes of Gray, Slattery, Neade, Shaw and Harvey all had moments.

For Adelaide Rutten was far too good for Butcher, Porplyzia got "out the back" a couple of times for cheap ones while Petrenko, Graham and others looked unlikely to have any real impact.
by Booney
Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

By that, you assume all members go to all games?

Norwood currently have 3111 ( according to norwoodfc.com.au ) Sturt have 3415 ( sturtfc.com.au )

So should they have 6500+ at their games? You know it doesn't work that way.

Norwood v Sturt probably average around 4000? That's about 60% of their members.

Should have been 60,000 at Alberton?

Yes, I've just argued against that theory, I shall now agree with it. :lol:
by Booney
Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well guys, little Aidan Thomas arrived into the world at 5:30pm yesterday evening, weighing in at a healthy 8lb 5oz.

Mrs Valleys delivered via C Section, and unfortunately was put to sleep during the birth due to issues with the spinal anaesthesia. She is recovering very well which is a great sign. Anyone that has seen their wives/partners go through labour would agree that it is incredibly tough to watch at times. I not ashamed to say i'm really proud of my wife's efforts. She did everything she could to deliver naturally and I was more emotional for her having to miss such a precious moment than I was for the birth of our child.

Bubs is feeding very well which is also a great sign.

FC- anyone that has seen me play football knows that is hardly a compliment :lol:

What a day and a half its been- but I am one very proud dad and husband :D :D

Can be amusing and entertaining....!! :lol:

Congratulations to you both mate, now all the fun begins. Aidan Valleys, has a nice ring to it. ;)
by Booney
Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:a box of Krispy Kremes and beer to celebrate

I'll get the beers, don't expect me to wait until you arrive with the Krispy Kremes to get started.
by Booney
Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

just when i thought there couldnt be a stupider thread on this site...

dangerfield is probably the hardest player in the afl right now (along with selwood imo)

you make it sound like he is faking all the knocks he gets. what complete crap.

He has many attributes that make him one of the best ball winners in the competition, he is however not one of the best ball users in the game.

He must learn to slow down, balance and use the ball better by foot and he needs to stop hurling it back over his head blindly when going out of packs by hand.

If he can improve his ball use by a small amount he will be one of the very best all round players in the competition, until then, he has, IMO, some work to do.
by Booney
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Moving out of home

Lived in and out of home with the girlfriend ( now wife ) for about 8-10 months then at about 18/19 made the move in together into a rented 3 br house on Airport Road just after my 19th.

The worst landlord ( hey, there's a thread there! ) the world has seen owned the place. He entered the property unannounced one day, I think he thought nobody was home as my car was in for repairs, only to find me and my fairly aggressive rottweiler play fighting in the back yard. The dog didn't know the game had stopped.....he shat himself.
by Booney
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Unwritten Law - Music in high places
by Booney
Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The bottom line is,I believe that it's up to the people who support the club that define what a club is.
... which neatly confines the argument to the domain of religion. May the force be with you!

We are pretty close to nazi territory here

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Shut up, nazi. You probably think you're the next Hitler!

;)
by Booney
Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

All the negative aside for the person who stole it, order is restored and that is, once more, brilliant footage from the PAFC and that nearly made me well up.

That is ******* brilliant news.
by Booney
Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Interesting one, but clearly Sydney have to move some players on and if you're over 28/29 you're in the (hired) gun.

Will he get snapped up? I'd think so, someone needing a small forward would take him. I don't think Port do with Wingard , Gray, Monfries etc but there would be, I expect, a couple of suitors. Fremantle?

i read today he could be on the move...

The 'Tiser had nothing to write about? Murray Bridge boy contracted until the end of 2016. I'm not going to lose any sleep. ;)
by Booney
Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 Chit Chat

dedja wrote:If the result somewhat, no matter how small, helped those poor and brave parents of the 3 kids that sadly perished on MH17 then justice was done.

I had a tear, not too proud to admit it either. That was a wonderful moment where we took a moment to remember it is, after all, just football.
by Booney
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not just rent Wembley Arena and play it there?
by Booney
Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

You will be contacting Port Districts to question the validity of their intent to wear another clubs jumper then?

;)
by Booney
Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

It seems quite a few players were struck with gastro and flu like symptoms, I hope the virus has been contained to as few players as possible.

Also, all the best for Butch, hope he is on the mend real soon.
by Booney
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

He probably is sore yes. But he damn makes sure everyone sees just how sore he is every chance he can.

Hodge does the same, but no one seems to care

But Hodge doesn't live in a 2 team town....

And Hodge is proven as a big time performer, class leader and inspirational player who uses the ball well.
by Booney
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

It's a good story indeed, but our generation ( I'm assuming you're in your 30's ) might be about the last to experience that.

I grew up in Brooklyn Park, followed Port, my best mate from Lockleys was Glenelg, the third of our group was Norwood. All living in the Westies area.

With families more inclined to move for work and economic reasons ( where they can afford to buy / rent ) and kids likely to follow their Dad/Grand Dad's team the days of living in the area of the team you support is less likely to occur.

Couple that with SANFL clubs spending less time in schools than they did in our day ( remember pie and pasty nights? ) and where your zone is will become less and less relevant to who supports you.

I don't expect kids from North Haven to become Woodville-Port Adelaide-Le Fevre-North West Suburbs Eagles supporters over night.
by Booney
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

bennymacca wrote:Wonder if the standard deviation on winning margins increases or decreases during a season. If you work that out booney you may be into something :). I would guess it wouldn't change that much but no idea really

by Booney
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 North v Norwood @ Prospect Saturday

A team of professionals dedicated to winning for their club vs a team of individuals who did what was not in the best interest of their team and club.
Don't blame Ken Mc that culture has been with North a long time and thrived with Jarman.
Nunan and Patterson were the only coaches who could control that culture ..... and look at the results they achieved !!!!!!
Cobblers
Francou had them playing as a team last year. Culture starts with the coach

It sort of starts with the coach but in my opinion it actually starts with the CEO/president both these positions and the coach need to be preaching the same message for the players to buy into a culture.
Don't agree. The CEO / Chairman are not in daily contact with the players like the coach. If anything their responsibility lies with not dealing with the coach, which might be a little premature to condemn before seasons end.

I'd argue that any organisation has it's culture ( a word I dislike using in football terms ) driven from the very top. If the CEO of a football club is out of touch with the coach and the players then,IMO, the whole club is in trouble.
by Booney
Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

helicopterking wrote:Darwin Cup and the days leading up to it. If you ever get the chance, do it.

It's right at the top of my bucket list.
by Booney
Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Error

Is anybody else receiving an error message when posting a comment?

I hit "submit", get an error message and then when I return to the page ( back arrow on browser ) hit "submit" my post has been added to the thread.
by Booney
Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

No doubt these people are drawn to him when he visits the locations that he does, but why doesn't he go to the train station at 5:30pm and ask commuters their thoughts?

Simple, because they'd be far too logical in most cases and it wouldn't be "good TV".
by Booney
Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:The footy Show.

:lol:
by Booney
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:My mate who works at Adelaide oval who msg'd me last night and said he can get me into the swans change rooms to hopefully hear them sing the song.

Also hopefully catching up with some fellow safooty lads for a bevvy before the game

Awkward. Hope they know the words to Ports song. ;)
by Booney
Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

the pressures on
that cash would come in handy for the wedding!!
you wouldn't want to spend it on the end of season footy trip
Marriage tip # 1
Do not tell wife of any winnings you receive from footy tipping comps, the punt, raffles etc.
They will only gladly take (at least) half the kitty.
Tip # 2
Do not tell the her indoors that you've done your dough on aforementioned vices, you will be labelled irresponsible, hopeless & a dickhead.

I disagree and believe this is poor advice.

20% of any winnings should be forwarded, either by way of cash or goods to the value of to the Minister of Internal affairs.

The aforementioned 20% is actually 50% *wink wink* ( ie - you win $200, give her $20 and tell her you won $50 ) of the winnings. Thus not only have you kept 80% of the winnings you have also extended the hand of generosity, with the overall aim of not having to use the hand of generosity on ones self. ;)

A minister who knows you punt knows you lose, but also knows you win. So, share the wealth, unevenly, while it's their and enjoy a happy and harmonious existence.

by Booney
Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 9/8

From that footage it's impossible to know if there was high contact or not, but the umpire was in good position.

Probably missed two free's in the lead up to that. Sam Gray caught high when on the ground in front of the Port bench, then Mason Shaw getting tackled and putting the ball on the ground moments later should have been holding the ball.

Anywho, you get to 7 goals down at half time you don't really deserve to win.
by Booney
Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Pseudo wrote:A lot of those buttons are not connected to anything.

They look like they're connected to a ******* post to me!!

by Booney
Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Krispy Kreme opening - yada, yada, yada.

I drove past this morning, around 11am heading towards the Port.

I was in the right hand lane and looking in the car next to me ( in the middle lane of the road ) saw two little kids prop themselves up on the their seats to get a look over the top of their door at the Krispy Kreme wonderland. Should have seen their eyes light up.

Mum in the front was talking, perhaps explaining about this wonderful place.
by Booney
Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

"Poor people either don't have cars or don't drive very far" - Fred Flinstone, August 13, 2014
by Booney
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Refreshing to see an organisation take this path instead of being shit scared of the perception.

Let's be honest though, they've got very little to lose.
You reckon? If he's found guilty, the clean up will be a big task.

Not really, all SA media outlets would have a template for a "Glenelg sacks coach" story. :lol:
by Booney
Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows and Power Reserves Teams

Bounce of the ball wrote:I have watched it all year yet they never name their teams Thursday night ?

Why ? Play in our competition so play by the rules .

by Booney
Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

When clubs at all levels build a "culture" with talk about being selfless, showing yourself and your team mates respect, knowing when "it's your turn to go", leaving your ego at the door for the betterment of all etc etc it's pretty ******* rich to think Hird could come back and coach at AFL level, any level, for that matter.
by Booney
Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bledisloe Cup

Wedgie wrote:Anyone know if the big game tomorrow is on FTA? Need to organise if I'm walking to the pub or watching it at my girlfriends place.

FTA from 7:30 on Ten.

*This is a link to the Channel 10 Sports page, Gordon Bray is in the picture, :lol:

http://tenplay.com.au/sport
by Booney
Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Reckon Betts is a better chance than most think. Definitely in the top 3 small forwards, line ball with Ballantyne IMHO and still a rough chance to close up to Breust. If the selectors decide to actually pick forwards for the forward spots and not just use those spots to squeeze in a couple extra mids he's right in the mix.
Lucky the AA side doesnt play finals.
Eddie has a habit of going missing in finals

Not exclusive to finals mate.
by Booney
Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Driving home from work last night I saw a lady standing on a corner waiting for traffic to pass. She was holding a leash with a cat at the end. She was walking her cat.
Footy Chick ?

FTR, this wasn't me.

Although , I too have dabbled in this in the back yard, whilst I still didn't have any fences.

The evil, viscious dog over the back fence started growling, which sent puss into a frenzy and I had to grab her by the tail to stop her from choking on her lead.

Rest of the day was spent under the bed and wouldn't acknowledge me until the next morning when she was hungry .

Odd move, hiding under your bed from your angry moggy.
by Booney
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to this weekend.

Had a little win a month or two back and have been trying to organise a little getaway for an over nighter with the Mrs and another couple.

Got a night at the Strath Motel booked (might not sound too opulent) but I've organised a run through McLaren Vale, Kuitpo Forest, Mt Compass, Mt Jagged and into Currency Creek taking in 6 wineries with two tapas plates at places along the way.

None of the other 3 know about this (they know we are heading away for the night, but no idea where) and wont find out until this Saturday morning. I've got drinks and nibbles for the drive. Looking forward to it.
by Booney
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kirk Cameron.... :lol:
by Booney
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smac wrote:Keys in the bowl?

I did mention 6 wineries, didn't I? ;)
by Booney
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a little win a month or two back and have been trying to organise a little getaway for an over nighter with the Mrs and another couple.
A touch of partner swapping hey Boon?

Let us know how it went.

Let us know how the ladies got on too...

No mate, I don't see any point in wife swapping. You still end up with one.
by Booney
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problems

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Is it HH3 that is starring in the AAMI ad jumping into the bath with the beard after the old man jumps out?

Chuckle everytime I see that one, the look on the lads face : "All yours, son". :lol:
by Booney
Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One of my pictures on my Tinder profile also has one of my mates in the photo (downloaded from my FB page). I just got the below email from my mate's GF asking me to take the picture down.......

"Can you pls change ur tinder pic, I don’t like having naths pic on tinder. A few of my friends have seen it and commented. "

Nath might be keen to keep it up......better ask him, as it's his pic and all that. ;)

Funny thing Nath already knew about it. Should I change my profile pic to just one of Nath??

I think you categorically say 100% of the SA Footy network supports this decision.
by Booney
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beeroclock wrote:Kate Collins looks mighty nice tonight.

Junior Boon called me in from outside to see this. I'm glad he did.
by Booney
Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:
beeroclock wrote:Kate Collins looks mighty nice tonight.

Junior Boon called me in from outside to see this. I'm glad he did.

thats a good kid you got there Booney

Sure is, he is 18 though, so he understands.... ;)
by Booney
Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali/Phuket

Sure does mate. There is now 5 couples on board*!

I think we should ring Thailand and let them know.... :lol:

by Booney
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali/Phuket

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:i was thinking it would be more like that beer ad - guy takes his wife on a supposed romantic holiday and then one mate pops up, then another, then another then its off to the bar

That's EXACTLY what it will be like.... :lol:
by Booney
Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |