Search found 348 matches

Return

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Brodlach wrote:Mr Harlewood seemed a bit flat tonight, hope all is well with him
Yeah should be fine, always hard when the strongest dog in the field leads [emoji38]
Gotta hope for some scratchings now unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Groover
Thu May 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Angle Park
5 - 1,7
6 - 8
9 - 1,2
10 - 2
Race 5 get on the 1, 7 needs the rail and won’t get it til mid race. By then the 1 will be off and gone

by Groover
Mon May 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angle Park
5 - 1,7
6 - 8
9 - 1,2
10 - 2 Race 5 get on the 1, 7 needs the rail and won’t get it til mid race. By then the 1 will be off and gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Agree, still think the 7 looks main danger. I have it getting to fence by the winning post....
Goodluck with Miss Breakout.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Cheers, her only chance is to get a clear lead and be in front by t2. Capable but not 100% sure it happens here

by Groover
Mon May 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss breakout squeezed early finished near the tail. The 1 won easy

by Groover
Mon May 25, 2020 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss Bellawood and miss Breakout in at Gawler today.
Pretty tough race but miss Bellawood is definitely worth a wager

by Groover
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss Bellawood and miss Breakout in at Gawler today.
Pretty tough race but miss Bellawood is definitely worth a wager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk What did you make of Star Jiggs last ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Couldn’t get passed the 4, was half pace for half the race. Probably forgive

by Groover
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crazy! We backed Bella of course, but will take the win.
I said to dad this morning $30fixed was over the odds for her, but $101 fixed on tab was just ridiculous.

by Groover
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reminds me of that wager you posted months back, wasn't it $41 fixed or something for MH?

GEELONG R4

7 CRACKERJACK TYS 3.21
4 UNAS BOY 4.40
5 YOUNG JEBRYNAH 5.43
8 SONNY MICAWBER 8.27
1 BAGEERA 9.19
2 SPRINGVALE MISTY 21.36

# WIN PLC LAY LAYP
7 $31 $0 $0 $0
4 $0 $0 $0 $0
5 $0 $0 $0 $0
8 $0 $0 $140 $0
1 $5 $0 $0 $0
2 $12 $0 $0 $0

EXACTA BET
7 F $10

TRIFECTA BET
7 1 F $4
7 2 F $4

Yeah mister Kingswood @ 81s [emoji106]

But technically that’s 2 100-1 winners from this litter now. Both trained by dad as well.

by Groover
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OAKSY Doggies Tips

In other news Miss Takiri trialled positively @ Gawler during the week and her return to racing is imminent

Aston talks also hand slipped and showed no signs of cramping, he might be worth a sneaky e/w bet tommorow @ strath

by Groover
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For our man Groover...Mr Kingswood[emoji3][emoji3] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200622/481138f8baaaa0a83ec7a81cd8f1daee.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk That’s him on a good day. I won’t preview him anymore after he tried to attack me one night at angle park [emoji38]

by Groover
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For our man Groover...Mr Kingswood[emoji3][emoji3] https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200622/481138f8baaaa0a83ec7a81cd8f1daee.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk That’s him on a good day. I won’t preview him anymore after he tried to attack me one night at angle park [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk And wins easily today

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Still can’t believe my eyes. Ran like a good thing too! Silly dogga!

by Groover
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss Takiri returns to the track from injury today @ MB
Has been trialling well, but the field is pretty hot.
Just a watch today no bet

by Groover
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss Bellawood $1.30 tonight. A wee bit longer than I thought she would be, I expect she will tighten up to $1.20ish.

Threaten - i think was purchased with a 'good odds' dog which i cant pin point its name at the minute.
Rumour is they paid $35k for those two???
Bit of overs there

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Prices for dogs these days seem excessive. So I’m not surprised by that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Reckon we could get 5k for mister Kingswood? Haha

by Groover
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:$5k....easily[emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If we changed his name to “Aston” Kingswood we could probably ask for 10 [emoji38]

by Groover
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its comical the prices.

I cant wait for more dogs to hit the ground....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk That’s our plan when the bitches retire, all of them to the breeding barn.
Already got interest in miss takiri pups, I dare say Bella would attract a bit as well.

by Groover
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And if they can stay, even better.

That’s what I think too, unfortunately most people want sprinters, hence why we don’t have a lot of stayers going around or being bred with.

by Groover
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Murray Bridge
Race 9 box 6 Springvale Jorja
Obviously isn’t up to the standard of these, but if she brings her best then 50/1 in a 4 dog field looks overs.
She doesn’t mind the track, but does have a class disadvantage.

Not the worst 50/1 shot ever though, so worth a VERY small dabble.

by Groover
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Murray Bridge
Race 9 box 6 Springvale Jorja
Obviously isn’t up to the standard of these, but if she brings her best then 50/1 in a 4 dog field looks overs.
She doesn’t mind the track, but does have a class disadvantage.

Not the worst 50/1 shot ever though, so worth a VERY small dabble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Bit harsh bumping into the Q....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Not really, we knew when nominating it was an open class race.

by Groover
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss Bellawood looks a big chance with no Trucculent tomorrow night

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Yeah will be interesting, a few dogs stepping up who are in form and a full field also.
If she can clear out early it will take a good run to knock her off.

In other news, hopefully sir truc can do SA proud and go well in the heats Saturday night as well. He’s had a few knockers and his trial wasn’t flash, but the dog is definitely a freak of nature in a field.

by Groover
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone see the idiot in race 11 @ Richmond running next to the track? Watch the replay

by Groover
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Harlewood is back racing tomorrow
Warrnambool (650mtr)
Race 6 box 2

by Groover
Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Multi bet
Angle park r3 box 4 Miss Bellawood
Into
Warrnambool r6 box 2 Mister Harlewood

by Groover
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stretched out nicely, good to see him back

by Groover
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Multi bet
Angle park r3 box 4 Miss Bellawood
Into
Warrnambool r6 box 2 Mister Harlewood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Mister Harlewood in a solo trial.
Nice n easy.
Well done.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Bella just misses for the all up. Still, good runs all round

by Groover
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meadows tonight
R3-5
R4-2
R5-8
R6-3
R7-3
R8-6
R9-1
R10-6
R11-1
R12-6

No specials

by Groover
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OAKSY Doggies Tips

Wenty
R1-3
R3-6
R10-1*

Cann
R3-7*
R5-1
R6-2

by Groover
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wenty
R1-3
R3-6
R11-1*

Cann
R3-7*
R5-1
R6-2

I liked Canno r3-7 also. But fear it may not lead....not sure its 100% when off the arm

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk It’ll be fine, clearly the best in the race, steps well usually and runs time. Only bad luck knocks us off

by Groover
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groover wrote:Wenty
R1-3 miss
R3-6 1st
R10-1* 1st

Cann
R3-7* 1st
R5-1 2nd
R6-2 1st

Specials made for easy watching, and the last tip of the night gets up at decent odds [emoji106]

by Groover
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Harlewood and Miss Bellawood are in again tonight at sandown (5box6) and angle park (9box2)
Both are good chances to win, but will be a bit short odds for me to have a wager on.

by Groover
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Harlewood and Miss Bellawood are in again tonight at sandown (5box6) and angle park (9box2)
Both are good chances to win, but will be a bit short odds for me to have a wager on.

$4.00 for the all up Reversed result from last week with Bella winning and Harley getting 3rd this time [emoji38]

by Groover
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well done with Miss Takiri at a ridiculous price friday. Hope you got on!!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk I didn’t as I personally thought she would be battling the box draw.
Dad had some bets on her though and tipped her to a few mates.

by Groover
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Same race and box but different tracks this Thursday
Sandown Park r5 box1 Mister Harlewood
Angle Park r5 box1 Miss Takiri

by Groover
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Miss Bellawood went super last night! Just a pity you had to bump into Sir Trucculent....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Nothing wrong with running 2nd to that. He’s been the best dog for the last 6-12months so more than deserved the win. Our girl put up a new pb so we were still very happy!

by Groover
Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big weekend ahead for our kennel starting Thursday night.

Thursday
Angle park
Race 3 boxes 1 miss takiri and 5 Miss Bellawood - only a 4 dog field but the winner would be the truck, ours should be running 2nd and a competitive 4th

Saturday
Geelong
Race 6 box 6 Mister Harlewood - comes back in distance here after a disappointing run at sandown last start. Only needs to run top4 here to qualify for the final. Which he should do comfortably.

Angle Park
Race 2 boxes 2 Andy’s handy and 10 Allegra
Both slow out but should compete well for a placing.
Race 10 box 1 mister Kingswood - for a dog who is 100/1 every start he’s actually got a decent chance in this. Good EW bet.

Sunday
Murray Bridge
Race 3 box 1 Miss Wormwood - the box draw helps her but she isn’t the dog she started her career like, f4 prospect.
Race 4 box 7 Springvale Jorja - still getting back to full fitness so don’t expect a lot, needs the run.
Race 8 box 4 Miss Breakout - tough race here but she’s not without a chance.

Best bets
Mister Kingswood ew
Mister Harlewood ew
Miss breakout ew
Andy’s handy place

by Groover
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Harlewood just got up at Geelong at decent ew odds [emoji106]

by Groover
Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groover wrote:Best bets
Mister Kingswood ew
Mister Harlewood ew
Miss breakout ew
Andy’s handy place

4th,1st,2nd,4th
Small Profit was made if you followed the bets

by Groover
Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Harlewood in the final at Geelong tonight. R8-2
Going on last week run he should win, but $2.50 fixed is a bit shorter than I’d like, especially with a few keen railers drawn outside him early.
Just a watch for me.

by Groover
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Cup heats x7 thursday
Winners join Catch the Thief in the final.

Goodluck to the Groover kennel.
Not completely without a chance....

Covid has really hurt the noms and Shadow Mist heading over to Wenty for the MDC has left a bit of a gap in quality.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Box draws kill our chances, I’ll put up a preview shortly

by Groover
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OAKSY Doggies Tips

Thursday night is the heats of the group 1 Adelaide cup, 7 pretty good heats with only the winner going through to meet Catch the thief in the final.

Heat 1 sees zipping zarbo favourite with a very good match race win last week, looks hard to beat, but he will need some luck early. I also like Aston silk from the red and as always the Murray kennel will have his dogs well prepared for the series.
If there is any carnage turn 1 then wooden tiger comes into play as he is super strong.
Tips: 7,1,2,6

Heat 2 looks like a good preview for the final with golden night just missing auto entry last week by .002secs. I expect him to jump and win. 1 and 4 should fill the placings.
Tips: 3*,4,1,2

Heat 3 is one of the more open heats of the night and here I like the 4 love and thunder, goes well here and is from a strong kennel, others that should be in the finish here include are 3 major major and 6 boss Mclaren
Tips: 4,3,6,1

Heat 4 scratch the 2 Oakvale blue and with that extra bit of space 1 mepunga Isla should get a dream run to T1, Danyos Charlie will be right there as well if the 1 puts a foot wrong, while the 3 will be storming home late.
Tips: 1*,4,3,6

Heat 5 and it’s hard to go against the returning Coorong Lucy, was clearly SAs best dog before her injury and if she’s anywhere near her best on return she should account for these. 4 danyos gretta and 2 lektra theory should be fighting out the placings.
Tips: 8,4,2,3

Heat 6 seems like it’s a perfect setup for 1 Kipling as it has the pace to lead and a wide runner outside of it. Should be a bit of a space job here. 8 has the class but is fighting a tough draw, while the 3 has been very consistent at the track and distance.
Tips: 1*,8,3,4 (value for pick 4 players)

Heat 7 and the final chance to qualify and my main tip is scratched so, 6 Rajasthan has hardly done anything wrong since moving to SA but the draw may hamper him here, while the 7 and 8 should round out proceedings. I’m leaving the 2 Alfieri out as I think his best may have passed him.
Tips: 6,7,8,2

Tips for the final
1st Catch the thief
2nd Golden night
3rd Kipling

by Groover
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thursday night is the heats of the group 1 Adelaide cup, 7 pretty good heats with only the winner going through to meet Catch the thief in the final.

Heat 1 sees zipping zarbo favourite with a very good match race win last week, looks hard to beat, but he will need some luck early. I also like Aston silk from the red and as always the Murray kennel will have his dogs well prepared for the series.
If there is any carnage turn 1 then wooden tiger comes into play as he is super strong.
Tips: 7,1,2,6

Heat 2 looks like a good preview for the final with golden night just missing auto entry last week by .002secs. I expect him to jump and win. 1 and 4 should fill the placings.
Tips: 3*,4,1,2

Heat 3 is one of the more open heats of the night and here I like the 4 love and thunder, goes well here and is from a strong kennel, others that should be in the finish here include are 3 major major and 6 boss Mclaren
Tips: 4,3,6,1

Heat 4 scratch the 2 Oakvale blue and with that extra bit of space 1 mepunga Isla should get a dream run to T1, Danyos Charlie will be right there as well if the 1 puts a foot wrong, while the 3 will be storming home late.
Tips: 1*,4,3,6

Heat 5 and it’s hard to go against the returning Coorong Lucy, was clearly SAs best dog before her injury and if she’s anywhere near her best on return she should account for these. 4 danyos gretta and 2 lektra theory should be fighting out the placings.
Tips: 8,4,2,3

Heat 6 seems like it’s a perfect setup for 1 Kipling as it has the pace to lead and a wide runner outside of it. Should be a bit of a space job here. 8 has the class but is fighting a tough draw, while the 3 has been very consistent at the track and distance.
Tips: 1*,8,3,4 (value for pick 4 players)

Heat 7 and the final chance to qualify sees a quality lineup with my tip being the 3 little earner in a bit of a blowout, the speed maps for it to get a nice run and with a few wide ones drawn the rails if it leads it will have space after turn 1. 6 Rajasthan has hardly done anything wrong since moving to SA but the draw may hamper him here, while the 7 and 8 should round out proceedings. I’m leaving the 2 Alfieri out as I think his best may have passed him.
Tips: 3,6,7,8

Tips for the final
1st Catch the thief
2nd Golden night
3rd Kipling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk You got Mepunga Isla a spesh??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk You'll get good odds betfair. Its one of my lays of the night

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk You’re saving grace may be the 3 getting a soft run, but goodluck!

by Groover
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Just catching up with the results now...
Well done Groover!!!!
Pressures on, all of SA Footy will be on!!![emoji3][emoji3]

At 50/1 if she wins I expect us all to be millionaires (or at least live like one for a week or two)

by Groover
Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just catching up with the results now...
Well done Groover!!!!
Pressures on, all of SA Footy will be on!!![emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk At 50/1 if she wins I expect us all to be millionaires (or at least live like one for a week or two)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I think I put the mockers on Sennachie last year when I wished Kirin goodluck....i won't put that pressure on you![emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Not even google maps could find a way for her to win next week, so I think you’re safe haha

by Groover
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Big win Miss Takiri

Well done Groover!

Yeah very happy and decent time too, sir truc very brave in defeat though, would have been another huge run if he won

by Groover
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mister Harlewood back in SA, will have a spell to get over some hock soreness then hopefully resume in 6-8weeks

Miss Bellawood has been sent back to Victoria after a very good campaign here. The plan with her is to nominate for the Hume cup heats and then target the bold trease in 5weeks time

by Groover
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gawler race 3 box 4 Allegra
Should breakthrough for her maiden win today $4.40 looks great value

by Groover
Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think there is some good value in laying sir truculent tonight, gun dog, but had a gut buster in Melbourne on the weekend and add in the travel back home he will be tested to be 100%. Other dogs in the race have shown they are capable as well.

by Groover
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Press conference now at 12 at the earliest

Bastards, they knew thats when I start work today. :evil:
It'll give you something to do while you're there.

I imagine pub staff are going to have a very busy afternoon/evening today.
Dunno, it was quiet on Monday apparently.
I did work yesterday in gaming and it was a normal day but the Front Bar was dead.
I'm in the Front Bar today so will probably get a vibe early on.

I still can't work out how the government can recommend people stop non essential activities but leave pokie rooms open. $$$$

by Groover
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OAKSY Doggies Tips

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Well done Groover, a surprise leader!

Over that trip for sure! If you seen her pre race she would have been 100/1. Got totally worked up, luckily it was only 3/4 of a lap tonight.

by Groover
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OAKSY Doggies Tips

Bold trease tip #1 sunset bourbski, arguably capable of being the best stayer in country, should get a good run in the race and be running all over them at the end.
Currently good ew value @ $7.50/$1.90

by Groover
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Hefty fines need to be introduced for people breaking quarantine rules, dumb ignorant people are actually making the current system look like a joke.

Has somebody broken quarantine "rules"? Not sure you can fine anyone for breaking "rules"

We should get rid of all "rules", everyone will be alot happier, nobody will be bitchin about people not folllowing rules.
I cant believe some people still think this thing is real, think of it this way, its just the flu rebranded. How can you think it’s not real? Thousands of people have been impacted by this in some way (death,sickness etc) and its people like you that show no regard for the health and safety of others that are making h this worse!
Yes it may be “the flu” rebranded, but we currently don’t have the measures in place to combat this virus like we do with the flu (vaccines, shots etc) so it’s not as harmless as what you think the flu may be.

by Groover
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |