Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Interestingly Virginia certainly offered Solly considerably more than United are paying. Not sure if that speaks more about Jamie or more about Virginia? Anyway, as a player, i like to think that im playing in a strong country footy league. The better the players that come to this league then the stronger we are i guess. While we are not at same standard as BL&G, we are not that far behind anymore.
Definately infront of YPFL, NEFL & NAFL. Just my opinion but i guess we should expect to be as we are closer to Adelaide?
by Woofa
Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pureclass wrote:Played at centrals last year I'm pretty sure.
Apart from the $$ incentive, What's the link with Dowdell and Hamley?

Probably just good recruiting??
by Woofa
Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not the only incident of the day. Long plains ruckman left the ground with blood pissing out of his head from a knee.
Just to be clear, that was an accident in a rucking contest. Nothing untoward about that. Mind you, the spray he have his teammates and trainer was somewhat bizzare.

Anyway If drainer gets games. I hope the bloke that punched him in the back of the head from behind numerous times gets games too.

Yep saw that also. No.16 from Balak it was, think they call them coward punches these days, right in front of the umpire who did nothing. He did nothing about all the incidents all day that were happening to both sides. The hit on Scharenberg i think it was, didn't look like to untoward but was a shirt front that got him high. Didnt see the one on Mitchy Daniel, hope he gets back soon. However agree that number 3 for UFC didnt go near it after that. Tough footy is getting the footy, not whacking blokes.
by Woofa
Sun May 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Any news in the rumours that Kadina are already looking for a new coach and that the current coach probably wont see out the season?

Hope its not true, the club just need to back "The Kid" and get used to his brash style, maybe he needs to pull the guernsey on and show the club what he's really made of.

Spoke with a player about this. Apparently a committee meeting was held about 2 weeks ago re concerns about the players/coach relationship and results. As Kadina have won their last 2 games, it has now been decided to keep going with the coach for this season.
Re his brash style, I think it is more of him pumping his own tyres up about who he knows, what he can get for the club and making promises about doing things and then not coming forward with the goods. Players, especially in country towns can certainly read between the lines when coaches do these things.

Didnt anyone at Kadina do any background checks on him before they appointed him?? No doubt if they had called some people in the APFL, then they probably wouldnt be in this position....No-one at Two Wells is surprised to hear what is happening.
by Woofa
Fri May 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angle Vale Netball Club yet to decide if they want to join APNA...
- Surely the league won't allow AVFC to join without a netball club?
- How can the clubs vote on AVFC's entry if it's not known if they will have any netball teams?

Just let them in! Surely all these issues can be worked out. The main point is this league needs another team. If we dont take them in now we may not get another chance with them. Worst case scenario is, is that it doesnt work and they go back to SAAFL in a few seasons. So what?, at least we/they tried. With all these junior numbers they have, i think it will work in the long run. Especially when parents realise that country footy is way more family friendly than SAAFL.
by Woofa
Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angle Vale definitely keeping the trend of hot starts to games leading Two Wells at quarter time 5 goals to 2. Hardly a stiff breeze yesterday so can’t say they kicked with a gale. Impressive.

Spoke to someone who said there was an incident on the final siren in the reserves at Port Wakefield yesterday where a senior HWE player elbowed a 16 or 17 year old for United in the back of the head while he was on the ground. Sparked a melee. Any reports out of it? Stories can get exaggerated but poor act of true. Is the kid alright?

Certainly exaggerated. No elbows involved. The lad was tackled, did end up hurt, however from what I saw was fair and he was pinged for holding the ball. Bit push and shove but nothing exciting.

Definately was an elbow Ace, plenty of us saw it. If it was all fair then why did a melee break out?
Memo to the senior Eagles player involved - You have already cemented your place in your club as one of the greats. Someone who played hard and skillful A grade. Its a credit to you that you still play B grade which helps out your club & younger players. BUT if you think being 40 & running around belting kids who are starting out in senior footy is a good look for you and your club then you are way off the mark.
by Woofa
Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |