Search found more than 1245 matches

Return

Re: Crows 2015

What was the rest of the deal last year where the Crows gave Geelong pick 10 in exchange for pick 14?
Maybe that was a down payment to ensure Geelong traded for paddy rather than took him as a free agent? It seemed a weird deal at the time.
Interesting conspiracy theory, makes a lot of sense though. I'm starting to worry when we're thinking the same way lately. :D

My education of you is nearly complete then, There's a few other posters who could take a leaf out of your book. The sooner we all agree with me the better this forum will be ;)
by daysofourlives
Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 3 - Preliminary final week

bennymacca wrote:North have found their run again too.

Decent contest here, though it is pretty scrappy

Yeah definitely not a free flowing Crows game is it, good hard football both ways
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

So the premiership drought list is now as follows with the last Grand Final appearance in brackets

West-0 years
Norwood-1(1)
Eagles-4(0)
Centrals-5(4)
Sturt-13(6)
Port Magpies-16 (16) (will never be broken)
North-24 (3)
Glenelg-29(7)
South-51(36)

Power-2(1)
Crows-2

Only Port and South havnt been to the big dance in the last 7 years, from an evenness perspective most teams are getting a crack
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Where are these "rumours" from
I doubt they are true, but just heard it earlier today.

If true he would've broken the contract, wouldn't he have?

Yes he wouldve and Sydney may not have to pay him but the AFL made it very clear his portion of the salary cap would be counted for the entire 9 years of the contract regardless of how many years he played. I will be spewing if the AFL back down on that and make any concessions to Sydney.
by daysofourlives
Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

So many better choices for the norm smith don't think Cyril was at his most electric today, smith, Mitchell, frawley, Gibson and gaff just to name a few..

I had backed Smith, Frawley and Mitchell for Norm, even with my hip pocket in mind im happy to concede Cyril was BOG. Game was over at half time, he was best at that point
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Kelvin would be half a chance at Aussie honours if he starts the season well.

Reckon the selectors are due to pick a few speculative youngsters rather than topping up with 30 something Shield journeymen.

Wow.

What ever your smoking can I please get 1084kgs of it. F**k me your out there
What we have proven emphatically is that choosing Shield veterans is an absolute guaranteed failure.

We'd have to whacked out on something to go down this path again :D

Despite the time of Careys post i fully agree, how bout Smith just gets a game for the worst shield side in the comp 1st., Then we'll see if he can hold it, then we'll see if he excels and then maybe we might consider him for an Aussie birth in about 3 years
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WHY IS THE GRAND FINAL THREAD LOCKED?

Mr Beefy wrote:Probs 1 too many hawthorn supporter cock knockers

Yeah either that or 1 too many jealous Geelong fans
At least Cyril put to bed any debate over who is the best small forward in the game
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

:shock:

Wow you speak for all people .... You must be a ....
I dont speak for all people but the birthplace of Aussie rules is acknowledged as the parklands area on which the MCG is now standing.
Id define that as the spiritual home of football and im sure most others do to.
If you want to have a chip on your shoulder regarding Victorians you can.
Anyway YOUR club knew the rules when you came in to the comp, deal with it because it isnt changing anytime soon

Go easy Jim being a Glenelg and Crows supporter she would have no idea about tradition. The spiritual home for her wouldve been Lennie's in the 80s when the tigers had that huge period of dominance ;)
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

RustyCage wrote:CXI 5/17

What a great innovation, they'll beat the redbacks though
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stephen Bailey arrested over missing mother

He played 94 SANFL games last decade for Nwd and WA.

does that meet your criteria ;)

Thanks thats all i wanted to know I had no clue who he was, guess it was easy for someone to play 100 games at those clubs in the 00's and go unnoticed ;)
Another doggies fan who only started following the SANFL when they started winning ;)

That was good but then i doubled my enjoyment of the game when i took up following the Hawks in 08. Its been tough, 13 flags in 16 years this milennium and one country flag as well.
Was he part of the Norwood side who lost by 150+ at Elizabeth, bound to have mental issues from that ;)
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Raphael killing it, Dud
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Suri wrote:Jetta and Sinclair a straight swap

So Jetta gets upset with the Eagles crowd, chucks some spears at them and now wants to play in front of them every 2nd week, hypocritical much? Shouldve been sanctioned at the time
by daysofourlives
Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 AFL fixture - due to be released Thurs 29/10/15

Rik E Boy wrote:Essendon six Friday night games next season.

regards,

REB

If thats true the AFL must be confident there will be no suspensions handed out
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

So after two rounds have there been any shocks from any of the teams, ???
I think it looks as though Angaston will again be the side to beat, they had a very young team go to freeling and make light work of them (freeling had a couple out aswell) but just think Ango will be hard to beat.

Sandy finished 3rd last year and look to have improved this year so I expect them to really challenge at the pointy end..

I guess the suprise packet would be Kapunda , can they sustain this? The test is this week to see where they are at.

Nuri might be leading the race for relegation, with their loss to Lyndoch , but still a long way to go

I don't think to many shocks mongoose, However don't cut south short.
They have enough quality to really shake a few sides this year. At full strength they will take it to all sides this year.
Angaston will again be the team to beat, Freeling at full strength will again be a force, Sandy Creek look to have recruited AGAIN hopefully not spending too much hard earned.
Kapunda, Gilbert Valley next best i would have thought.

The way Freeling are going it looks like a standard season for any team with the name D.Coombs in it. Going on that Freeling should be winning the A1 reserves next season.
Sandy Creek should win it, looks like they've recruited well again, maybe if they found a quality spinner it would just about seal it. Should beat South in the final. Angaston and Kapunda to be the beaten semi finalists
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If only South had a good coach to harness all that ability
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Maybe the league and clubs just likes there cosy little 7 team comp, if they wait another year they can let them in and still only have 7 teams
by daysofourlives
Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Melbourne Cup

Dumb **** of the day award goes to yours truly
I backed Criterion straight out the win, if that wasnt bad enough i then boxed up 3.8.11 and 19 but no Criterion
by daysofourlives
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

"TOP draft prospect Charlie Curnow spent the night at a Geelong police station last night after refusing a breath test. He was released about 6am today but the incident could force clubs to think twice about recruiting him."

Not very clever...but someone will still draft him

Should slip through to pick 15 now where Hodgey can straighten him out
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus. v NZ - Test Series / Shaun Marsh Appreciation Threa

Maybe we can out do the Adam Goodes boo's when he walks out to bat on day 1.
His selection has made me f^&@ angry, no other way to describe it. Most selections i disagree with I can handle but this one is unbelievable.
I see Boof mentioned his matador cup form, if you take out the 200 against the U19 team what does that leave?
by daysofourlives
Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bunyip suggested that Angle Vale and APFL were expecting to hear of the SACFL's decision by the end of this week. Any news?

Why would it take so long? Edwardstown's one was pretty much rubber-stamped straight away.

WTF is it any of the CFL's business anyway, surely leagues decide if its best for them, just another example of the dictatorship that is the CFL
by daysofourlives
Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When you realize the CFL does nothing for country footy you'll be at peace with the world again.
Mallala to find out all about dictatorship this week, just turn up and play and there's no issue, pea hearts
by daysofourlives
Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South to win it
Sandy Creek
Angaston
Kapunda

So who misses the 4 according to you then Slowey?
Nuri gone
by daysofourlives
Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets just hope we lose enough wickets for Marsh to get an opportunity fail, its one im sure he'll take with both hands
by daysofourlives
Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two Marsh's to take us home, what could possibly go wrong!
by daysofourlives
Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If i hear or read one single selector say they were justified in picking Marsh I will spew.

Almost hope we lose now with Marsh getting out so close, so his papers can be stamped once and for all
by daysofourlives
Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toot toot the train is in motion.
The south boys are playing to their ability.
Top 4 not as complete as day's and the like predict.
Careful of the quiet achievers.

One goodish team will miss the 4, hope its not you guys ;)

Who are the quiet achievers ??
Obviously not you the way your talking your team up.

Big test for them in 2 weeks time
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Front page of the paper

'Heart felt pleas for loved ones as orginisers face growing heat'

Didn't realize orginisers of the festival forced 'Illegal' substances down you throat. News to the other 25,000 people that went there on the way in.

#lifechoicesstiffshitsuckedin

An acquaintance put up a facebook status that Police and sniffer dogs should be banned from festivals as this will stop overdosing. WTF? Where do people come up with this shit
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Geelong - Premiers
Petracca - RS
Hawkins - Coleman
Dangerfield - Brownlow
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Front page of the paper

'Heart felt pleas for loved ones as orginisers face growing heat'

Didn't realize orginisers of the festival forced 'Illegal' substances down you throat. News to the other 25,000 people that went there on the way in.

#lifechoicesstiffshitsuckedin

An acquaintance put up a facebook status that Police and sniffer dogs should be banned from festivals as this will stop overdosing. WTF? Where do people come up with this shit
Because, in a roundabout way, they're right. Sniffer dogs only have about 40% success rate and their presence encourages people to swallow their entire personal stash to avoid getting caught.

Yes I get the reasoning behind it. I think Carey has covered my thoughts on the issue quite well
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why doesnt grade cricket and ATCA merge?
Have 8 teams in the top grade with promotion/relegation, everyone keeps their identity. The best players from outside those top 8 teams will move to one of the top 8 clubs.
by daysofourlives
Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hoff's best is hard to beat, his worst? Let's just say he's no orphan, but it needs some work. I'd still pick him in my team every week. :D
I reckon his best footy is when he plays the sweeper role in defense, his reading of the play is outstanding.

Absolutely. I think his best footy is played when he doesn't have an opponent . When it has been just Westhoff and Schulz as the key forwards and Schulz is the close to goal target it has meant Westhoff played much of the last 3 or 4 years as the CHF. Not ideal as he doesn't have the strength to muscle opponents. When he's been the mobile ruck option, the loose man in defence or the third tall with a Ryder/Lobbe forward he's had more success. Might even see a bloke 6'10" in the midfield for Port at times this year, or on the wing, or pretty much doing as he pleases.

I think Westy will be looking forward to 2016 in a personal sense.

There, fixed it for you
by daysofourlives
Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2016 SUPERCOACH PRESEASON

Next years prices and positional changes are out now, still nothing to get excited about in the backline, very slim pickings again.
If i can find the link again I'll post it.
by daysofourlives
Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

No surprise the byes for the flogs line up with their AFL bye
by daysofourlives
Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

If they want a template for running a 10 team comp to finish the week before the AFL grand final they dont need to look far. The SAAFL, BL&G, YPFL, HILLS.

Starts April 9th, June long weekend bye for everyone (State Game) , another bye for everyone in July for state country championships (could have bye for everyone at a suitable time 3-4 weeks out from finals). But that doesnt suit 2 of the clubs objectives
by daysofourlives
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Guess with someone like Simmons you know you're getting someone whose hit and miss - you just persevere and hope he wins you a game off his own bat at some stage.. the more failures the closer to his next big innings? Don't know.. I thought he was ordinary the year he made the runs but had a lot of luck go his way that season.

The one positive with him is he doesnt chew up balls if he doesnt come off ala Carberry from the Scorchers. If he goes cheap just means more balls available to Hodge and Ross later on
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No police charges for Dustin Martin.

"Investigators determined that no criminal offence took place"

Will be terribly disappointing for all those that wanted him sent to the electric chair
On the flip side, all those who are ok with violence against women will be thrilled. :roll:

Oh you must be talking about the "factual" media comment on the case, I was referring to the findings of the investigation through the statement from the investigating body
which part about no criminal offence took place didnt you understand?
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Roaring 40s is over rated, granted the Smokey pizza is good but at close to $40 it would want to be, dont even consider anything else from the over priced menu
by daysofourlives
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

Seriously how the hell does O'keefe get 2 test matches. What has he done since his horrible debut in the spin friendly conditions of Dubai to make the selectors believe he is any closer to Test standard now?
Lyon is getting alot of turn and bounce, O'keefe not so much, infact none
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

Seriously how the hell does O'keefe get 2 test matches. What has he done since his horrible debut in the spin friendly conditions of Dubai to make the selectors believe he is any closer to Test standard now?

Lyon is getting alot of turn and bounce, O'keefe not so much, infact none
Like the majority of Australian cricketers he's been selected on the back of a very good Sheffield shield career, also bowled very well on the recent Australia A tour so he deserves to be selected as the second spinner.

If Lyon was ever unavailable who would you pick as our test match spinner? O'Keefe has got the first class success and experience to be that man, you can't deny that. Or would you pick Fawad Ahmed? Aston Agar is way off getting another opportunity at test level.

But today he hasn't looked threatening at all today, like you've mentioned you turn and bounce for him at all. In his first spell he was bowling too fast and was too negative. He just needs a wicket to get himself going.

If i'm picking a 2nd spinner Im picking one on potential preferably a leg spinner. Im not picking a guy who has proven he is not up to it, his performance in Dubai should of had his papers stamped.
If I'm picking someone to replace Lyon I'm picking a quick as we dont have a spinner thats up to it

Nathan Lyon won't be replaced anytime soon. He would almost be one of the first players picked

Thanks for that captain obvious
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Why is the players association backing the players now they are convicted drug cheats? They are letting down the other 700 players on their list that had to compete against these drug cheats.
Absolute garbage they are looking at training bases for them in the States. What did they do for Saad, O'Keefe, Thomas and Crowley? Why is this any different?
by daysofourlives
Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Sandy Creek taking out the one day final by 2 wickets, completely outplayed Ango in all facets of the game.

Ango 8/186
SC 9/189 7 overs to spare.

saw something I have never seen before today, a bowler going for 39 off an over 5x6 1x4 and 5 wides
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

GWW wrote:It's apparently not the knee he injured a couple of weeks ago.

Is concerning though how often these things happen with him.

Its just become a concern now?
by daysofourlives
Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian ODI Squad for NZ tour

I cant believe anyone thinks the right decision was made.
The umpires gave it not out, The kiwis didnt review the decision in the allotted time available to them to call for a review. They did not believe it was out.

That is the extent of the rules, no more, no less.

The 3 umpires should be sacked and never umpire international cricket again.

As for McCollum, spirit of the game, my ass!!

When was the last time an umpire gave a batsman out LBW, and as he's walking off the replay shows he hit it and the umpire calls him back??? Exact same thing
by daysofourlives
Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How did South's A1s go? Did they make it through to the big dance?
by daysofourlives
Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

There was a bit of talk about a ‘Super League’ maybe 7 or 8 years ago when Lobethal, Woodside and Kersbrook were regularly the top 3 in TVCA. The theory being that those 3 clubs would field their second side in the TVCA A Grade comp and still be reasonably competitive. With these clubs no longer in the league I don’t think it’s something that would benefit TVCA. If say Gumeracha and Palmer were to enter a SL, their second sides would struggle at A Grade level, and with only 17 teams in the league, the loss of a couple would leave it even thinner.

A hypothetical 8 team comp would probably initially consist of Meadows, Mt Lofty, Flagstaff Hill/SCIBs, Nairne, Woodside, Strathalbyn, Gumeracha and Palmer.

The concept seems to work quite well in netball.

Why dont they combine all the leagues? Would make it easier for the smaller towns/clubs to find their level of competition by having more grade options available
by daysofourlives
Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 World Cup

Jim05 wrote:Smith knockers a bit quite tonight [emoji6]

Didnt think you watched this stuff Jim?
Tiddlywinks not holding your interest tonight?
by daysofourlives
Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure the SACA board is acting in the best interests of South Australian cricket, reduction in teams is whats required.

You are clutching at straws if you think there's some sort of other agenda. Think most agree there needs to be a reduction, just not "my" club. Well it has to be someones club.

Ive said before, why doesnt SACA swallow up the ATCA and put it all under the same banner with 8 or 10 teams in Div and promotion/relegation, every one keeps their identity and has the added bonus of ATCA cricket not being as attractive to guys leaving grade cricket
by daysofourlives
Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1....Finally It Is Here

whufc wrote:Geez Wingard is a good player but boy he flops around as much as any soccer player getting around

And how many times does he look like he's going to cry when the umpire doesnt give him a free kick, can play but fast becoming the player with the face you most want to smash
by daysofourlives
Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:I dont think its a title Wingard has to share with anyone, he's a clear standout

I apologize to Tom Hawkins for leaving him out of this title race
by daysofourlives
Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Across the whole weekend umps need an education on how far 15m is, otherwise we may as well say any kick backwards is play on as these are the ones that seem to have to go at least 25 for the umps to pay a mark. Umpires just making up their own interpretation on the rules
by daysofourlives
Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |