Re: AFL Finals Week 2

FB_IMG_1474117016599.jpg
by daysofourlives
Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Tony Clifton wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Trav Gebauer and Dylan Wilson at Craigmore from Sandy Creek

Good cricketer Trav Gebauer. Thought he would have played grade cricket at a high level.

Really? Didnt reach his potential at Sandy Creek then
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Recruit

carey wrote:
stampy wrote:surely there will be a female version of this next year?

Please tell me your taking the piss?

I didnt realize but the womens comp is going to be pre season, what a huge relief should still be plenty of cricket on the box and locally, wont have to sit through it
by daysofourlives
Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Crows would also be the proud holders of the current biggest losing streak in prelim finals.
Maybe both clubs should have history in the making in their song.

The more you think about it the more you realise what a shit club Adelaide are. Their supporters have absolutely no right to be arrogant like they are. Just take a moment and consider that Richmond and Adelaide are the only 2 clubs that havnt played a grand final since 99.
Just shows what you can get away with when you have thousands of blind sheep following you that believe everything you feed them.
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Are your ears painted on, youre not picking up what im putting down. You are the ignorant pricks who are changing the basis of the argument to suit your own agenda.
I'll type slow for the intellectually challenged, the Crows have the second longest current Grand Final appearance drought behind Richmond. That means clubs that you poke fun at like Carlton Essendon and Melbourne who are universally agreed as being basket cases have been run better since 99 than yours. Why isnt the Crows mentioned in the same breath as these? They should be, but that wouldnt sell papers. They are continually talked up in the Adelaide media and you fall for it hook line and sinker. The players also drink their own bath water because of this. Most arrogant club in the AFL
No. They are second at that too, behind Hawthorn

At least we have a reason to be arrogant.
Since the dogs last GF we have played in 18 for 13 flags or one every 3 years on average.
Since the Crows last GF we have played in 5 for 4 flags, only one every 3.5 years, we are clearly on the slide.
By the way how good was it to see Geelong with Patrick "me, me, me" Dangerfield go back the sort of game we expected of them in the late 80's and 90's? You would think they wouldve learnt that one superstar doesnt win you flags
by daysofourlives
Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

stampy wrote:heres one for the utter BS thread, hannah taylor in the longest kick comp, do they have to infiltrate everywhere ffs??!!

Just **** them off, what an embarrassment, she was embarrassed the whole code for women was embarrassed
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Africa v Australia

Marsh 2 off 8 at no5 the difference, why is he batting in front of Trav
by daysofourlives
Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Team man and Boomer are not words you would ever find in the same sentence
by daysofourlives
Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 2 2016

Youre assuming they would ever want to go back? Why would you, the money's better in the country, the atmosphere is 1000 times better with the footy and netball. Spectators pay to watch local footy so that extra revenue should be spent over and above the SAAFL clubs salary cap.
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Why dont the Crows just trade Jenkins for Gibbs, you'll then fit Rockliff in as well and it cures the horrible mistake you made when you signed him on the back of games against the minnows. His finals form is much more the standard of his output in game sthat matter. Carlton would jump at that, probably can save pick 13 for Rocky then

Josh did his ankle quite badly late in the season and wasn't the same player after that during the finals
Kicked 8 against premiers in WB during the year so not bad against a minnow
coming from a supporter whos club just signed Ty Vickery and trying to off load their BnF winner and runner up!

Reckon we know a thing or two about trading
Oh and we've also achieved more in 3 years than your club has for its entire existence
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Caulfield

1-14 Petition
2-1 Valliano
3-1 Miss Promiscuity
4-6 Whyouask
5-8 Kent
6-1 Its Somewhat
7- 1 First Seal
8- 15 Sacred Master, 17 Pemberly 4,5,11,12,15,17
9- 1 Lankan Rupee
10- 2 Straum Star

From that geez I hope the handicapper has gone easy on the top weights ;)

Quaddie

Brisbane race 1 Triple Arrow, 1st starter massive plunge, only caught it late at 13's

Steer clear of these selections and you're half a chance
by daysofourlives
Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

The SAAFL quite happy to have all the young blokes from the country who move to the city for education/work come into their clubs but the minute they want to go the other way they throw a tanty and want to ban them and the CFL will allow it, the sooner this dictatorship that only benefits the SAAFL and SANFL is wound up the better off the rest of the state will be
As someone said earlier far more players transferring into the SAAFL than out so whats the issue??
Maybe if you got more than Mum and Dad along to watch the amateur hour you wouldnt be so jealous of what the country clubs are offering. Why dont you start charging a gate fee and you to might be able to afford the big dollars the country clubs can
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Our trade history is not bad, Schulz, Ryder, Ebert, Monfries, Polec, White, Hombsch, Dixon....they've all been additions that improved us.

Our talent identification and development isn't anywhere near as good as it should have been though, no doubting that.
How have Ryder and Dixon improved you, you were 4th before recruiting them and finishing outside the 8 ever since you've had them.
by daysofourlives
Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Geelong have a new apparel sponsor in Cotton On, and have launched the sleeved rugby style top they'll be using in the NAB next year, and possibly for a home and away game.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161004/ffce274f9f3bfa335ca02ba23f153ba1.jpg

The moment Caddy realised he didnt want to play for Geelong anymore.
Unfortunately i cant take credit for that, saw it somewhere else
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Who's going to China, the power or the sanfl team? That press release gives the impression its the sanfl side
by daysofourlives
Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poms V Bangers

Both Marsh and Stokes are batting 6 when they aren't good enough to own it as a batsman and are just playing because it's handy to have an extra bowling option. I stand by my point that Stokes can't keep that position if England are going to have long term success.

And yes, as you say England lack batting. Hence why Ballance is in no real danger. The bloke actually averages nearly 40 in tests and 47 in first class cricket. You wouldn't be dropping him and keeping the all rounders at 5 and 6.

If you have watched england over the past year you would know Stokes is their most important player. Forget his average which is much worse due to his first few years in test cricket. Since the New Zealand series 18 months ago he has been good with the bat and excellent with the ball. He is much better then Marsh with the bat, if you saw his 258 against SAF you would agree.

Ballance on the other hand dominated weak teams early on his career and average in the 50s over his first 15 tests. Since then he has been incredibly useless and should not be in the team. I agree Ali shouldn't be batting 5 (He doesnt in england) but he is one of our better players of spin so he bats up the order in the subcontinent.

Young Hameed or Butler will come in for the India tests for ballance and rightly so.

You're wrong Graham knows best ;)
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Im hearing South have signed someone from the Eagles, anyone got a name yet? ;)
by daysofourlives
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Summer of Cricket 16/17

Dutchy wrote:Have taken SAF $3 DNB for series and 3-0 @ $23's.....reckon SAF are in much better form than the Aussies.

At least they didnt tease you for 4 days before choking this time
by daysofourlives
Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

You could pick the next 10 batsman in line to play for Australia in Test cricket and Maddison wouldnt be close. Hasnt got the temperament for it, Patterson alot closer.
by daysofourlives
Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

I'm hearing the season is finished already, apparently South won the A1 and A2 flag on the weekend :roll:
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disgusted Maddinson has been selected ahead of Patterson.

All fixed.

Given they went with Renshaw they cant use the hasnt proven himself at Shield level over a couple years excuse.
Also disgusted Wade has been given another chance, im with Jim, he will cost us at least one Test out of the 4 remaining this summer
by daysofourlives
Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Not a restuaraunt/pub review but a Bitcher shop revue
Having a Steak off night in a couple weeks.

We are buying a couple Rib Eye fillets from 6 different butcher shops around the Barossa Valley as well as a couple of the basic BBQ sausages and we will be doing a blind tasting and giving a rating. Will also take into account price. 12 of us doing the tasting, should get a solid result. Bit of pressure on the chef, almost worth hiring one i reckon.
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jay Schultz at $400 I can't understand why he hasn't
Stuck around , after being on close to 350k +.
You blokes are kidding yourselfs if you keep voting for this crap
Salary cap you will never keep any gun players here if Victoria is based on population
Salary cap , with clubs aloud to upto 150k a year.

Thought i read Victorian clubs cap is 250k, good luck any SANFL club attracting anyone with their 350k cap split between 50 ish blokes. These amateur clubs probably get away with only paying a max of 22 blokes each week.
by daysofourlives
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/17 BBL and WBBL

Brodlach wrote:Adelaide Strikers women win their first game against the Renegades by 15 runs

WooHoo lets get excited, not!!
by daysofourlives
Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will be a club North of Salisbury i reckon4
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me he would be the perfect number and six and part time spinner in India.

I would honestly have a team that was structured like

Renshaw
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Handscombe
Head
Neville (keeping to spin ability gets him over the line)
O'Keefe
Starc
Hazelwood
Lyon
This is the 11 I would go with aswell.

Why the love for Khawaja? Doesnt even make the touring squad for mine. We have to start picking the best players of spin, we know we will get a day 5 wicket on day 1. Khawaja was dropped in Sri Lanka just recently.
by daysofourlives
Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:From the Barossa Herald.

http://www.barossaherald.com.au/story/4 ... d/?cs=1556

Was in every country paper in the state, scare mongering at its finest, still a toothless tiger
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think about this??

Let it go Bombers4eva. Jobe never had a season like it, either before or after 2012. No doubt in my mind what ever he was on enabled him to play above what he was normally capable of. He's a plodder at best and is over rated because of his one performance enhanced season. Take that year out of it and he's no different to a Michael Barlow or a Keiran Jack or a Matthew Stokes. The worst thing is the cheat will profit from it for the rest of his life
by daysofourlives
Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Whilst its true the Barossa clubs have had a decline in junior numbers at U16 level with only 6 teams, over the last 5-10 years there has only been a maximum of 8 teams anyway. U14 numbers are strong with pretty much 16 teams every year as are U12 and U10. Trinity has a fairly big impact on juniors numbers at U16 level with only one U16 team in Gawler and apparently they consistently only have 7 players.
There would be just as many ex Barossa juniors at other grade clubs as there is at the Jets and thats a concern for the Jets
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Test Cricket

If there was any doubt about the Indians being all about the individual theres not anymore. Just ridiculous that they have batted on to allow Karun Nair to make 300. They now have about 15 minutes to bowl at the poms after being in the field for more than 2 days. Any Aussie team wouldve declared 2 hours ago
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Congrats to Maddinson. He's breaking records with every run he makes. Top score of 22 Not out so far he he he. ;)

Can always rely on you, thankfully this time its what we all wanted. He's missed that by a good 3 inches, not up to it pi55 him off.
Can you do the same for Wade too
by daysofourlives
Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Ton number 17 for Smith

Which Aussie has made the most test 100's?

Sometimes I think you must have been in a coma since about Essendons last flag
by daysofourlives
Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

helicopterking wrote:Dunks Keeping is horrible. Misses chances every game. Play Carey in Lehmanns spot and he takes the gloves.

Bump
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with the rumours if Renshaw cant play spin replace him. I dont care who you are we have to pick the best 6 players of spin for the Indian tour, we will get day 5 pitches from day 1 for the entire tour and if we dont then the openers have to score quickly and take advantage of the hard new ball. Either way it doesnt suit Renshaw. Dont ask me who the 6 are though, at a pinch id pencil in S Marsh, Warner, Smith and Handscombe
Sweeping Shah on a Day 1 Sydney wicket is that far off an Indian wicket its not funny
by daysofourlives
Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fingers crossed the forecast for Nuri goes up that last degree.

41 in Elizabeth, if only that was still the rule.
Doesn't anyone want to play cricket anymore?

Maybe not for the 50% of teams that aren't in the Barossa...

32 of the 50 senior teams in cooler climate.
Could have a thermometer at the grounds and treat it like you would wet weather but then everyone would have to turn up. Or we could have games in Gawler/Freeling/Mallala go by Elizabeth and the rest go by Nuri, not really any different to it raining in one area and not in others or some teams putting covers and others not.

We could change it back to Elizabeth and have the cut off at 42 if you want? Its just an arbitrary number that has no right or wrong, just dictated by the level of whinging from people that dont really want to play cricket, Its a summer sport ffs
by daysofourlives
Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

In regards to Eoin Morgan it was the more the way he went about it.

It was England who announced he would represent England at the World Cup despite Ireland being in it.

He didn't have the decency to let the Irish Cricket Board know first.

Eoin Morgan was also the face of Ireland's push for test status, his moving has really hampered that to the points it's now not even on the table as a discussion point

He refuses to sing God save the queen yet will happily wear the three lions which irritates a lot of Irish I know as its a pathetic attempt to show Irish pride

Admittedly my Irish grand parents and my partner and her family are northern Irish Catholics so more passionate about this than most

Bit like the Crows announcing Gibbs was coming to Adelaide ;)
by daysofourlives
Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sixorout wrote:Lets be honest the rule would get changed if it were to suit Angaston

Yes Angaston runs the comp. You'll be alot happier within yourself once you accept it.
They have 18 votes whilst the other 17 clubs have just the one each, its in the fine print.
by daysofourlives
Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Why are Country Living Homes advertising Brad Mercer's business on there Facebook Page....

" As a multi award winning builder we strive for the BEST, and that is why we recommend Brad Mercer from Jim's Fencing for all your fencing requirements. Contact him today on 0497 593 129 "

He got his Jims Fencing franchise from playing footy in the 1st place but probably before the Salary cap came in?

But anyway, is he not allowed to advertise his business? Even if he pays $1 for it, thats the value of it isnt it?

Im pretty sure the CFL said they wouldnt be investigating 3rd party payments anyway. Good luck to em, Should be more of it
by daysofourlives
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Angaston have won through to this years final of the Statewide T20 comp. I think we play Langhorne Creek at the Adelaide Oval on March 5th
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to South winning their 1st piece of silverware in the BLCA in the one day GF today.

Chasing 163 they got there 8 down with 3 balls to spare
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:See Nat Brookes made 72 on debut for South Gawler in the reserves.

Wont be long until Mega Head is sledging the suitcases out of A Grade sides.

Wasn't he captaining ATCO this season?

Yep sure was must be a good bloke to walk out when your teams bottom and struggling
by daysofourlives
Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hope there's not two hot or wet days in those 6
by daysofourlives
Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

My wife (who has played women's football) took my 2.5 year old daughter to the game. My daughter loved it, and also was luckily enough to get a signed ball by and photo with Courtney Cramey - SA captain and one of the stalwarts of SA women's footy. She hasn't put it down and still telling everyone she saw the 'Adelaide Crows play' .

I watched 3 of the 4 games, 2 had wet conditions which would have been difficult for anyone. GWS also had their 2 marquee players not playing which doesn't help the skill level....

I also wouldn't compare both men and women's sport. Apples and Oranges. Looking at the women's games in isolation, IMO its a winner and will only get stronger in the years to come. People will still attend (maybe not at the level of the weekend but it will be viable) and skills will improve. With the comp being held early, these players with now 'elite' coaching/competition under there belt will filter back to the SANFL and the local level imparting there experience and knowledge.... win win - on a side note, there are far better players to young to play this year who have been training with the squads ready for next year. One i know dominated the crows intra trial but is only 17.

Is that the SA captain or is she the Crows captain? Id hate you Crows fans to get confused about your place in the football landscape of this state again
by daysofourlives
Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One more year, so if the turf doesn't go in by January 2018 it will be tough to stay up for the 2018/19 season
by daysofourlives
Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 pre-season competition

History is made tonight, the Hawks participate in a match where the opposition is actually wearing one of the worst guernsey's in history
by daysofourlives
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Jim05 wrote:Lever has a slight hammy strain now and Sloane copped a fractured eye socket but should be ok for round 1

Geez I hope the Crows dont have a bad run with injury this year, what a shame that would be.
by daysofourlives
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didnt think the commentary could get worse than Healy but it certainly does when theres two of the **** in the box. Stop ramming the token female commentator down our throats.
by daysofourlives
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 predictions - Premiers, Brownlow & Coleman Medalist

Bum Crack wrote:Geelong
Danger
Hawkins

No doubt
by daysofourlives
Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Hearing Wallaroo have picked up Brett Ellis, Ex SANFL Eagles Ressie player.

Might be alright the doggies, if the President doesn’t stand in the crowd bagging his own….
Interesting quote from 1 who throws plenty of mud
I watch country footy with interest
Doggies on the right track recruiting footballers to suit and have gone away
from the seemingly buďdies gang the last coach bought in

Can’t recall throwing mud at someone who wears my clubs colours.

What are your colours this year OJ? It will be a new challenge for you, taking a team from top to mid table isnt easy but I reckon you have it in you ;)
by daysofourlives
Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |