Search found 216 matches

Return

Re: ATCA 2013/14.

Browny25 wrote:
Trader wrote:So if the rumours are true, Pooraka have the flag in the bag already.

Anyone else doing any recruiting?

Change in name to Pooraka Jets maybe?

FFS if I suggested either of those Lord Rocco would've firebombed my house by now! :(
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Arch44 wrote:And what was it we thought of you? :lol:
Premiership pests PG ;)

:lol: Yeah cant say much to that! Well played! :D

Nothing wrong with some healthy rivalry ;)
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - Possibilities and Probabilities.

I have absolutely no idea how players manage to dive with such apparent ease :? One of the first things I learnt as a junior was to keep your feet and be strong in a contest, I've had times where i've been pushed hard in the back but still cant bring myself or rather refuse to fall over :? I think it's just natural instinct.

If someone walked up to you in the street and pushed you I would be very suprised if you fell over, i'm sure 9/10 people would stagger and try to remain on their feet.

Divers = fairies
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

So had IF won in the B grade qualifying final and get a home final against Rosewater in the B grade who finished top would this be an issue?

The way its ended up, one of the sides had to be split up, it happens every year
Wow.. dude.. SERIOUSLY!! ARE YOU THAT THICK!?!?!?!

Go back, read the posts, UNDERSTAND.. Ingle Farm DO NOT CARE that their B grade are playing at West Croydon and split from the A grade!

The issue is we don't want to host the other game.

**** me is it really that difficult to comprehend!?!?
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:don't dunk the bikkies in the coffee for too long!

it's an exciting challenge to see how long i can dunk without going too soggy or breaking off :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carey would be our Billy Brownless, we could challenge him to drinking challenges like smashing down a red tin while doing a hand stand :-?

He could also double up as Sam Newman and occasionaly flash that infamous left nut of his :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division C4 - 2014

pg do you give the old lakers much of a chance this week against the farmers,ingle farm smashed them at home earlier in the year.
No. I give Ingle Farm no chance.

I made mention of it a couple months ago, Mawsons have assembled their squad well over the season - regardless of the reasons, Lakes have the calibre to smash all before them.. Hope they enjoy their cheap flag, end of the day their A grade were whipping boys this season and will struggle to field an A grade next season and that's what a club is judged on..
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Besides, even the Lakes hierarchy knows it's a load of shit, but they're still proud..

image.jpg

Good luck to Mawson Lakes, If Wayne Knowles had a degree of self respect about him he wouldn't allow this.. But he will.. And it will be a blood bath at the farm come Saturday..

Trinity for premiers.
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gee don't dwell on the reserves for too long.
PG I'm sure you can still give a detailed ressies preview?
Hahaha, sorry Arch but I didn't want to remind everyone that they have beaten you by over 50 points both times you have met this year. Good luck though you have done a mighty job with them to date. :)
I wouldn't be underestimating West Croydon in the Reserves, and I believe they are capable of beating Lockleys.

In both games Ingle Farm lost this season, they got the jump and were over run in the last quarter to lose by a goal, a couple of things I noticed on both occasions:
*The support West Croydon received from their spectators was significant, and the noise they created during their momentum swing was far greater than Lockleys and I believe it contributed to giving their players an added boost it needed. At home this week, it could be a crucial factor.
*Lockleys have a far more potent forward line, but their persistence to look to their key forwards more often than not could hurt them, where as West Croydon have a number of players capable of pushing forward from their midfield.
*West Croydon's straight kicking won them the game from no where, Lockleys inaccuracy almost cost them.
*There is one player who is the key to this match for West Croydon, a player who I wouldn't be surprised if he won the medal tonight. It's no surprise that after being tagged for 3/4's, in the last quarter he was able to break free of that tag and rip Ingle Farm apart. I wont name the player though.
*Lockleys play a simplisitc style of football, and have a good number of runners culminating in strong targets up forward, but they open themselves up to be exposed on the rebound, and on the occasions we have met them, allowed our key ball users and runners to have space and freedom.
*West Croydons pressure and tackling was better than Lockleys.
*West Croydon never gave up on the weekend, despite Ingle Farm controlling the game for most the day.

The down side to West Croydon this week, is Lockleys wont be as lazy through the midfield and they wont have the luxury of the opposition ruckman putting it down their mids throats all day. Feltus dominated the ruck last Saturday but the Ingle Farm mids were poor and West Croydon won almost all clearances.

West Croydon most certainly can win this match, but it wont be easy by any means, and they'll need to play 4 quarters like they did the last quarter Saturday.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the date - medal count night

you'll all be very happy to know that Wes Legrande just won the c3 medal

I'm sorry but F**k me what an absolute disgrace you have to be kidding me.

SAAFL grow some F**king balls and act on rule book disgracing previous winners of medals It makes a total mockary of previous medal winners. I personally have 2 medals which I really do cherish but handing them out like Tic Tacs honestly makes my blood boil.

Absolute disgrace
:lol: you just wanted to remind everyone you have 2 medals ;)
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Just getting a call asking if I want to go to the Port v Rich game in a corporate box Sunday :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some interesting banter on Facebook over night.. Seems no love lost between Ingle Farm and Mawson Lakes.. Cam Stinear from Mawson Lakes has managed to fire things up and somehow managed to get Central United and Salisbury West involved and offside :lol:

I thought I was a keyboard warrior, but this young fella takes the cake! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well all this discussion about the weekends D6 and D6R results is taking away from arguably the greatest execution of a football plan and strategy..

Mawson Lakes - so good has their radar avoiding prowess been, they've managed to fly so low they made the C4 grand final! No easy feat - and you all laughed at them! 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to all sides and players competing in this weekends Grand Finals.

Congratulations to BOS and Rosewater on earning promotion.

Also would like to apologise to Mawson Lakes and everyone involved at the club for my continual harrassing and shit canning of the club over the course of the season. It was immature and stupid of me, uncalled for and unwarranted. #3 - you are correct, I can dish it out, but I don't take it very well.

Wish you all the best for the future, and i'm sure with the people you have involved at your club you will bounce back next season.

Goodbye peeps, have a safe and enjoyable Summer 8) :-H
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Augusta Cricket

The Indigenous Statewide Carnival will be held in Pt Augusta this year, comprising of various sides around the state including the best young talent in South Australia. The carnival is also expected to coincide with the World Cup tour of the region, giving great promotion and coverage to the Pt Augusta region and cricket in particular.
Statewide Carnival.JPG
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

The C1 - D8 comparison is interesting in that both ladders show a great disparity within the respective leagues. That is in D8 obviously PAC are flying with TTG and GG playing well whereas Hope Valley, Salisbury and North Haven are struggling. Similarly in C1 Adelaide Uni, Rostrevor, Goodwood and Unley seem to be going very well whereas SPOC, Salisbury North and Gaza are struggling.

My suspicion is that if you made a hypothetical new league (ignoring the obvious logistical difficulties of:
8A - Adelaide Uni, Rostrevor, Goodwood, Unley, PAC, TTG, Golden Grove, Old Ignatiains, Port District
and
8B - Blackwood, PNU, North Haven, Salisbury, Hope Valley, PHOS Camden, Walkerville, SPOC, Salisbury North, Gaza

you'd get two very even leagues.
So disband Div 8 and create two new C grade divisions? Go back to having C1-C6 with promotion/relegation?
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |