bulldogs wrote:Anyone tell me how Plympton Oval is looking
East/West ;)
by heater31
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

SANFL to start May 31st so would think AdFL will follow suit

The SANFL decision to start 31/May would be a financial decision due too playing behind closed gates and no revenue to pay players and support .

Playing football is not an issue , the gathering of peoples is.

Although I agree with your first statement, I believe playing footy against semi or non professionals is a large part of the issue, AFL players can afford to isolate themselves from public places, SANFL and below still need to work and their movements cannot be monitored as a whole.

I seen it first hand on the weekend, after the game a bloke went to shake another blokes hand and then looked to me and asked "Are we allowed to shake hands?"

I replied with "Well you just spent the last two hours tackling each other so I think the horse has bolted mate"

Trying to contain it while community sport goes ahead is pointless, with around 90 games a weekend in the AdFL mens alone, we see roughly 4000 players playing each week, these 4000 players play the following week against a new set of people who have caught trains, dined, shopped and done who knows what else during the week, it just simply can't go ahead if we plan to contain it.

I'm not scared of contracting it, I'm scared of being a carrier though and it being passed on through me and infecting an infant or an elderly family member.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |