Search found 793 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

I've always thought it's who gets there first.
I used to hate warming up at the town end of the Moorook oval, but if the opposition got to the lagoon end first, so be it.
Same at Elizabeth, I'd rather warm up at the clubrooms end, not the Midway Road end, but so be it.
You went for a lap, the area was vacant. They're meant to be mind readers and know you're coming back?
Seriously, it's D7R and you're worried about which end you warm up at?
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 11, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Booney wrote: C'mon mate, you're not in a position to judge how intelligent I may or may not be, you don't even know me. For all you know I could be a rocket surgeon.

I know you and....
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 11, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's D7R reserves. No one is going to lose their paycheck because of a loss, no one is going to take home a foreign bride if you win ... it's social football. My understanding of social football means having a laugh and not taking it too seriously and being good sports about it all.

And, yet, you're grumbling about the opposition warming up at your end.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fisty, this thing had legs. Can't believe you're closing it down.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 11, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Lets face it, can't blame Port or Crows supporters for not turning up to watch their clubs reserves .. How many of us would go regularly to watch only our reserves (ie, with no main game following)?

Using Friday nights figure at the Parade should make the SANFL more concerned about WTF Glenelg's support is at .. 200 more to their game in MUCH better weather does bode well.

True, you can't blame them. Common sense tells you they were never going to come and watch. Funny, that boosted crowds was put up as a reason for the reserves to precede.

Agreed on your second point.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

bennymacca wrote:How much is $2000 worth of bull semen? What size tank are we talking here?

What is the shelf life on bull semen storage?

So many questions.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 13, 2015 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

He did that in his 'prime'.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 13, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Soooo...you're the semen expert, FC.
Brilliant.
You know that's going to get some good use.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 13, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kane Cornes' book

cennals05 wrote: A guy at work announced he got in yesterday.

:lol:
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The SANFL could rapidly become the Sheffield Shield. Everyone has an interest in a team, has an opinion and cheers from afar.
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port's use of runner/physio v Sturt to be investigated

I don't think it would be as interesting, as big a story, if it had been Sturt or any of the other SANFL clubs.
This story's not prominent because it's about Port Adelaide, it's because it's an AFL club.
AFL gets the spidey senses of every footy fan tingling and they're all catered for with this story - whether it's Port supporters with that permanent chip on the shoulder complaining about it being a Crowvetiser media conspiracy and it's only a story cos everyone's out to get them; or Crows supporters having their crack at standard, feral, cheating Port; or SANFL supporters who wish to point out that, "yes, the AFL sides are ruining our comp and using their resources to benefit their own ends...again".
That's all it is.
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

I've held off posting this, as it felt like bad timing, given the discussion about AHOS.

However, Trinity College Old Scholars are looking for a coach. We're a good club, with a short but strong history and are looking for someone to help us take the next step.

If this is something you might be interested in, PM me and I'll get the details to you.
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where are the dissenters who spent so much time on this thread last year, helping it to reach its massive size, who were telling us we were wearing tinfoil hats? Very quiet.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

My wife.
We've been together 22 years today. I was 16 when we got together - life has changed so much.
What hasn't changed is she's still a champ.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

I don't get who the SA Gov and the Fed Gov think they're impressing with these finger-pointing exercises.
Neither side looks good, coming out of it. And the ongoing navel gazing about major projects only hurt us - the taxpayer, we who they are supposed to serve.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 20, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I knew it. Finally, it's happened. Someone blamed Barack.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APRA License

Not all rules, Aussie rules is great!
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

By the way, congrats to the TOSrs on their 10 years. I hear the celebrations went very well on Saturday night.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Wow...Scissor Sisters.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 25, 2015 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

For starters what he and all politician's believe double dipping is almost scares me. Referring to his living allowances that he pays to his wife for the house they own and the use of maternity leave. The issue is this is ome that both sides of politics exploit. Just shows where the country is at.

Exactly.
Try this on for size: Couple with kids lives apart because they can get more money from Centrelink that way. Say they are no longer together, but in truth, they are. Centrelink finds out, prosecutes and politicians tell us "these are the people we are trying to catch out, bludgers in the system", we all nod our heads and say, "they deserved to be caught". Both couples are playing the system to take advantage of government resources - one is just better connected and richer than the other.

Disgraceful from Hockey for defending it. Disgraceful from any politicians that are doing it.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I'm a pelican, I just caught a fish. *num, num, num, num, num*
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 26, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Odds are out on his replacement already:

WORSFOLD'S THE MAN - CROWNBET

Following the news that Mick Malthouse is out the door at Carlton, Australian online bookmaker CrownBet has installed John Worsfold as favourite to be the next permanent Carlton Coach.

Sydney Assistant Coach Stuart Dew is next in the betting at $6.00 to get the job, followed by Brendan Bolton at $8.00.

Carlton Interim Coach, John Barker, is priced at $10 to get the gig full time.

Market courtesy of CrownBet

Next Permanent Carlton Coach

John Worsfold $3.50

Stuart Dew $6.00

Brendan Bolton $8.00

John Barker $10

Michael Voss $10

Dean Laidley $10

Blake Caracella $13

Mark Thompson $13

Robert Harvey $15

Peter Sumich $15

Leigh Tudor $16

Guy McKenna $17

Scott Burns $21

Mark Williams $21

Mark Bickley $26

Brent Montgomery $26

Mark Harvey $26

Matthew Nicks $26

John Blakey $26

Brad Green $26

Cameron Ling $26

Guy McKenna $26

Matthew Knights $29

Paul Roos $31

Brenton Sanderson $34

Garry Hocking $34

Brendan Lade $34

Brendan McCartney $34

Alistair Clarkson $34

Adam Kingsley $41

Luke Webster $41

Brett Ratten $41

Robert Wiley $41

Alex Jesaulenko $41

Matt Lappin $41

Tim Clarke $41

James McDonald $41

Ross Lyon $41

Lightning McQueen $700
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My dog died today

Sad news.
I suspect when it's Chas' time, I won't be able to go to work for a week.
He's my best mate. Never argues, always up for a run, does as he's told.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 27, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

Although my trip is going to be slightly different, you've got me pumped for later this year!
Four months and counting.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Wed May 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Fri May 29, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

I broke my ban to support my club on the weekend.
Gee, what an electric atmosphere. Plenty of tumbleweeds rolled down that eastern wing on Saturday.
The noise when Adelaide scored was cacophonous. The scoreboard canteen couldn't keep up with the pies and pasties being bought.

Thanks for the two points.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

That whole scene was perfectly choreographed with Jon Snuh cutting a swathe through the packs as he went for the dragon glass.

At the end, with all the undead on the shore, my missus says "why aren't they swimming?", but then it cuts to Jon Snuh's boat and I yell "why aren't they ******* rowing!" :D

my wife was also yelling why arent they bloody rowing haha

Notice you didn't see the complete boat during the shot...

http://www.theskewer.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Laydownsally.jpg?982cfc
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Her nickname among the opposition is Gail Vago, apparently.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

At risk of pushing my own barrow, here's something relative to that discussion.
I thought it was pretty gutsy these folk speaking out in such a way. So very honest.

http://www.bunyippress.com.au/beating-s ... am-effort/
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TBH, I can't think of too many other competitions in the world where Benny Mac would be faced with such a dilemma.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've always thought it was a bit rich for SANFL supporters to take the high moral ground about AFL reserves sides in the SANFL while more than happy for their AFL reserves side to f*** up another state comp with their reserves team.

Which is why I've always advocated for a 'southern conference' reserves comp. If they can fly teams all over Qld and NSW, it can't be a problem getting SA/Vic teams across the border.

By the way, I support Williamstown in the VFL. Having seen what happened there...it provided plenty of evidence as to why I wouldn't want a reserves side in the SANFL.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Frank Worral and Ashes Tours

Not sure where else to put this, but this was a great read

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/881539.html

I can clearly remember when I heard McGrath was out.
Standing in the Moorook-Kingston footy changerooms, late because of work, so everyone else was already on the track.
The tv in the corner was on while I got a hammy rub and I was happy to lay there for as long as the trainer wanted to work on my tight muscles while I watched the cricket.
Then, I think it was Richie, announced McGrath was out after stepping on a cricket ball (funnily, it was a similar inopportune incident earlier in his career which forged McGrath's mettle - McDermott stepping the wrong way off a wall in the Windies).
I had a sinking feeling about that series, which proved to be right.
Later, I watched the final concluding sessions of that Test in the games room at my home, rugged up on the couch - throwing my pillow away when Warne was dismissed. Swearing loudly when Kasper went.
For a cricket fan, life changed that day - we were no longer invincible. Someone else had won the big moment.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:I have a can in the shower most nights- love it.

That was one of my favourite things are playing footy/cricket. Shower and a beer. Brilliant.

*Not so brilliant was avoiding @Bigsexy and his towel dick flicks.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We've never let him forget it. We keep reminding him of his sordid druggie past.

Another night he was driving back from Berri and sees these two blokes walking alongside the road, being a good country lad (he's from Crystal Brook), he pulls over and offers them a lift. He gets back to Loxton and the boys suggest offer him a few beers for being a good bloke. He accepts and they head back to his place to settle in. His favourite late-night snack was steak and veg, so he cooks some up for them as they knock off a beer. By four o'clock they are all pretty shickered. Anyway, there'd been all these cars going missing from around Loxton at the time. Finally the cops caught up with the miscreants, it turns out when Trav had picked them up at Booky Hill, they'd just dumped a car in the river. After they left his house, they'd gone around the corner and flogged another car to get home. We also refer to that night as 'the night of the robbers'.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your "Team of More than a Century"??

I think Carey and I should swap, surely he'd like to be a bit more mobile and create play. I'm too fat and lazy to move further away than the pocket.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your "Team of More than a Century"??

I think Carey and I should swap, surely he'd like to be a bit more mobile and create play. I'm too fat and lazy to move further away than the pocket.
I'm resting him in the pocket so he can go on the ball for 30 seconds here and there as an impact player.

Hey, hey, hey, we're not talking about his sex life.

I'm resting him in the pocket so he can go on the ball for 30 seconds here and there as an impact player.

That long!

See, even he knows you've given him too much performance time.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

No rush. Wait for another two weeks - give the man a chance.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Footy Chick wrote:everyone at work was going "awww how sad"

He was a fecking crook FFS.

Apart from the obvious of him being a crook, I never 'get' why people say it is so "sad" that someone who has had a good innings has died.
To me, it's not sad, it's the natural order.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 West v Port @ Richmond

I hate Port as much if not more than the next bloke but who really cares what they did at halftime. They can stand on the hill and have a couple of beers for all I care. Surely it's up to them what they do during the breaks. Teams have trained during breaks.
Some people are way too precious

Seemingly, no. Good to see some much needed common sense mate, thanks.

Please ensure you stop slinging shit at Glenelg and other clubs if you don't expect it back, my friend. ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

mickey wrote:Didnt see that coming at ALL!

Neither did Arya.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

And, it would seem, Labor were also paying people smugglers - as they don't want to answer that question. Or are they making some perverse point to highlight the Lib's stance about "commentary of security matters"? If they are, it ain't working.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2014

Thought I'd share this, Pies supporters might be interested:

https://www.bunyippress.com.au/in-my-opinion-48/
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |