Search found 793 matches

Return

Re: Funny things kids say and do

Failed Creation wrote: Here's the other thing; I don't run.

If you ever see me running, you ought to start running too, because something dangerous is chasing me.

The sheet didn't run. The Running Sheet is a legend. Someone lost the Running Sheet.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chad Cornes to Coach Port Magpies

Having grown up watching his father play in it, having played in it himself, having had his brother play in it, yeah, I'd say he's across the SANFL and how important it is to football in South Australia. Now you've a better understanding, it might not be as funny for you? :D

If he understands the SANFL so well then why has he traded his families history in just to align with an AFL reserves side?, that's a stupid comment. What you mean is "he has the same level of contempt for the competition as most that are aligned with AFL clubs, it's basically a convenient stepping stone to be used to further my own desires"

Please explain further.

Captain Port Adelaide to the rescue!
When it's the Power that needs defending, when bombs are being thrown, when misguided commentary is presented, you can count on Captain Port Adelaide being there to save the day.
Browsing the internet from his Alberton base, Captain Port Adelaide is there at every moment of the day. From the celebratory moments, to the most trifling insults, he's there to save the day.
Who ya gonna call? Captain Port Adelaide! Dial +63 2582 119
by Dogwatcher
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chad Cornes to Coach Port Magpies

Captain Port Adelaide in his natural environment, patrolling for anti-Port trolls.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Ben Warren getting squeezed out.

CENTURION wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Ah, so he's returning as assistant waiter then. ;)

probably the head waiter.

What does the head waiter do?
by Dogwatcher
Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: guess what

You know when Dog_ger posts, the thread is done.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Drought

You know which two clubs probably have the biggest home-ground advantage in the competition now? Adelaide and Port Adelaide.
They have a new stadium which is crammed every single week with a partisan, sometimes feral, crowd that is almost confronting to play in front of (or support an opposing team in).
The facility itself is perfect for building up a fear factor for opposing teams - supporters are close to the action and the ground is popular enough to be full every week.
And the two local clubs trade off on that well.
Compare that to the Dogs, Saints or Kangas playing to a half-full Docklands, where the crowd is often made up of as many away supporters as home, or to Melbourne's home games in Darwin and I know who has the biggest home-ground advantage in that respect.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: guess what

To be fair, JK, you were referring to clubs that had won multiple flags in that period.
That one premiership appears an aberration at this point ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Drought

So many giggles.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

LaughingKookaburra wrote:What an absolute idiot. Heard he is a bit of an air head by numerous reports, this absolutely confirms it. Beyond belief how stupid this is even if he was joking with another powder.

Airhead? Seems he's a cokehead ;)
by Dogwatcher
Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ease up, Jim, the Essendon drugs bandwagon hasn't entirely moved on, you can't be throwing too many stones yet ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pies got out of it relatively unscathed in terms of departures as well. We lost three blokes who won't hurt us - although, if Seedsman gets it together, the Crows will do very well out of him. I hope he does. I like him.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Kane Cornes returning to the Bay in a development coaching role. Ben Moore returning to join the senior coaching panel.

Some good moves down the bay

I wonder why not an assistant role ? I'd assume he has a footy brain like his Dad. Good get .

He understands the history, value and importance of the SANFL and its history. ;)

I am not sure what you mean. Your response to my post doesn't make sense.

Others will understand.
by Dogwatcher
Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Jesus, Whuffer, you'd have been in short pants then, mate.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide nightclubs

No mention of the 90s scene can be made without The Village rearing its ugly head.
Now there was a joint.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide nightclubs

That dodgy club was Proscenium. I loved it there.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Walts has just been on an expensive recruiting trip.
Apparently he's bringing back five players from the Phillipinnes.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This world of our's...

valleys07 wrote:Not to offend any religious posters but....

John Lennon's idea of a world without religion is looking pretty good right about now..

John Lennon was full of shit.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:So many homos on here.

self-loathing can be such a brutal experience.

You sound like someone who listens to his own words of wisdom.

Such an easy game to play.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Great review, mate.
You're in the wrong field.

However, you forgot an obvious pun in your thoughts on the end being nigh...

As for their career, it may be bust. ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Just ******* sad.
I've spoken to people today who have lost everything.
I've spoken to folks who've fled the fires.
I've spoken to folks fighting the fires.
I was worried about my wife, who was at work in the fire zone.
I've spoken to people who had close calls.

I feel shit. I feel helpless.
But I don't feel as bad as those who are at immediate risk now, or who have lost everything.

I'm thankful for what I have and today is just another reason to be thankful.

LM and BR, my thoughts are with you and yours.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was talking to a Freeling mate this morning, someone you'd know, no doubt, and he was feeling a bit the same. Unsure of what to do, as it this point there's not much that he can do to help - buildings etc too hot to do any cleaning up yet.
He got home to find his gutters overflowing with water, meaning the water bomber had dropped a nice big load on his house.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Would love to see both Ferg and Lehmann ton up.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2015/2016

BR, are Freeling going to play today? If so, gutsy effort after some of the stories I've heard. One in particular that relates to the cricket side.

All games cancelled. Yeah one of our 1s lost everything and so did one of our 3s

Your players kept the most important thing, though, mate. And I'm really glad to hear it.
by Dogwatcher
Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus. v NZ - Test Series / Shaun Marsh Appreciation Threa

Geez these commentators barring up over Shaun Marsh. Give it a break

Agreed. I think it was Tubby talking earlier about his wonderful technique.
Slater saying he didn't think "Marsh meant to run in the first innings". What a joke - even if he hadn't meant to, it was bad running due to the confusion he caused and its eventual outcome.
I don't hope the bloke fails. But I don't want to see commentators defending a bloke for the sake of it, either.
by Dogwatcher
Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Can Chadd Sayers push his way into Australian ODI contention?! Every game he just bowls consistent areas and tough to get away - a long way down the pecking order for test cricket, but surely a chance to hoop the white ball for the Aussies?

Got it wrong way around. Long way down ODI pecking order, closer to test squad!

He was injured and missed the entire Matador Cup. His ODD record isn't as impressive as his Shield record.

If Sayers was from NSW, he'd be heralded as the new Glenn McGrath and would have been part of the squad already.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Magellan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The stupid driving from the truevaluetrees.com.au ute down Tapleys Hill rd this morning

Did he plant his foot down when he shouldn't have? Or was something sticking out of his trunk?

I reckon he had a load of trees flogged from Fisty's place.

Connect the dots, here, folks.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Maybe Martin responded threateningly because he himself felt threatened at the time by the lady?
Maybe he stood up over her, because she decided to stand over him in the first instance as he say there?
Maybe he threatened to stab her in the face with chopsticks because she baited him asking what he was gonna do?

Meh I think she put herself in that position, she should've dealt with the situation better i.e. go to the manager or bar staff or even one of his mates, but instead she decided to be the hero who spotted an AFL footy player and thought she would jump on her high horse - when that didn't work she ran all the way to the news to get her 5 minutes of fame.

He didn't touch her, move on.

I think that Freo supporter should've handled herself better as well.
People who speak to others in a public place deserve what they get.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe Martin responded threateningly because he himself felt threatened at the time by the lady?
Maybe he stood up over her, because she decided to stand over him in the first instance as he say there?
Maybe he threatened to stab her in the face with chopsticks because she baited him asking what he was gonna do?

Meh I think she put herself in that position, she should've dealt with the situation better i.e. go to the manager or bar staff or even one of his mates, but instead she decided to be the hero who spotted an AFL footy player and thought she would jump on her high horse - when that didn't work she ran all the way to the news to get her 5 minutes of fame.

He didn't touch her, move on.

I think that Freo supporter should've handled herself better as well.
People who speak to others in a public place deserve what they get.

Hardly a comparison IMO.

And, yet, people were saying that woman shouldn't have got involved. Shouldn't have asked the gentleman involved to calm down.

Just when should people make a stand when appalling behaviour is being presented?
by Dogwatcher
Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote: Righto, I'm done. That's enough Dustin Martin analysis for me for this year and the next.

;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Houseboats on the Murray

From Renmark, just my thoughts, go up river.
Up river from Renmark is Wilkadene Brewery, on a little offshoot creek.
Great beer, great people.

From there, there's plenty of sandbars to park your boat on. There's less boat traffic.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Houseboats on the Murray

From Renmark, just my thoughts, go up river.
Up river from Renmark is Wilkadene Brewery, on a little offshoot creek.
Great beer, great people.

From there, there's plenty of sandbars to park your boat on. There's less boat traffic.
x2 Woolshed Brewery is where it's at. Don't even leave that joint.

One of the best working days I've ever had ;)
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Booney wrote:Sturt have a big name to announce shortly.

What a flog you are.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

REB's guernsey thread.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A donkey asking about a horse.
The world of the internet forum.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bugger me, now there's a unicorn in the mix!

Who'd you put money on in a race between a horse, donkey and a unicorn?
by Dogwatcher
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing that news, seriously, makes me want to cry for those kids and the loved ones left behind. Bloody horrific.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

And entirely wrong.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

Watched Straight Outta Compton last night.
Loved it. I'm sure there's a large dose of embellishment but it was great to see so many icons of hip hop in one big-ass movie.
O'Shea Jackson Jnr was totally believable playing his father, Ice Cube, and has a big future ahead of him, while Jason Mitchell, as Eazy E, was excellent (who'da thought, at that time, that a rapper would die of AIDS? We had so much to learn).
It took me right back to a time when hip hop was becoming a serious playa and changing the way us 90s kids viewed the world - I imagine for some of us it was like when rock n roll broke for the after-war generations. Hip hop, in Australia had always been a novelty to most and NWA were at the forefront of moving it into the mainstream (for better, or for worse).
For me, it wasn't just the teenage rebellion, it was the message in the words (which for a kid from the north - not quite Compton with all its guns and drive-bys, but still a place where people did it tough and where they had to make serious decisions about their life's path - spoke of a reality). NWA and Public Enemy gave so much to me.
It was also a new way of hearing the beats that I was used to listening to on my parents' old soul and top-40 funk LPs - Dre's love of ol' school choons inspired several generations of DJs and hip hop artists and his impact reverberates today.
If a movie takes you back to how you felt when you first heard the music or the cultural trends of a time, then it's done a damn good job, Straight Outta Compton did this.
I might have to grow my skater fringe, wear my high tops and get my cassette player out again.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Hard to believe there wasn't a fielder there.

The place went nuts after that shot. Amazing scenes.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

On so many levels, I'm saddened that I agree with you.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Terry Wogan made Eurovision worth watching. The subtle p!sstake of either the venue city, the upcoming country's performer, or calling our the dodgy bloc-voting that went on between those countries that were either allied or enemies.

Regardless of the location, I always got the impression Wogan was commentating Eurovision in a BBC studio with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

RIP Terry.

Terry Wogan kept Eurovision alive/relevant as a cultural icon.
I, kind of, get the feeling that had he not commentated on Eurovision in that fashion, our interest in it may well have been dead years ago.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mankad?

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:The Mankad is not the great offence in that story, Booney.

I didn't know how to word it, to add the effect. I understand.

Not that.
That.

by Dogwatcher
Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mankad?

I'm not going to use ol' Braddles as too much of a conscience barometer.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Postcards. Filmed at Kingsford Homestead, just outside G-Town.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Getting accepted into the Real Madrid graduate school universidad europea to do my master of business administration sports management

Also includes two weeks work experience at the Real Madrid FC in late 2017

Gonna be tough juggling full time work at my rec centre and joint custody of kids plus this part time study but should be worth it

Real pumped

Yeah, I'm gonna send one of my journos down to chat with you.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

I'd heard about that. It's how Smithfield got its name, isn't it?
A topographical surveyor down from the city had stopped by to gazette the town. Looking across from his accommodation at the local watering hole, he saw a game of cricket on and thought he'd go watch. Upon arrival at the ground he found the home side had lost the toss and was having a bowl.
The cry of "bowler's name" was met by "Smith" at every bowling change.
At some point in the innings, and having enjoyed some refreshments to keep him cool on a hot Adelaide Plains day, a realisation dawned upon him.
The team was full of Smiths and they're all in the field.
Looking across to the nearest person he slurred, "that'd make a great name for this place".
And so it was, that the name Smithfield came into being.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian ODI Squad for NZ tour

bennymacca wrote:Yep agree. Poor umpiring but the right decision was made in the end.

No, it wasn't.
You have a certain amount of time to review, not a certain time to review or until the replay's shown.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |