Search found 793 matches

Return

Re: Australian ODI Squad for NZ tour

Exactly - the point is, waiting to see a replay is not part of the laws.
Whether the players appealed is a moot point. The decision was made and would not have been reviewed, if not for the replay.
You don't get time + replay to review the decision. You get time.
And you don't fix a wrong via another wrong. Crap umpiring.

So much for New Zealand playing to the 'spirit' of the game...
It just proves NZ will also take every advantage to win a game, just as Aussies will.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol if it happened to a kiwi all you blokes wouldn't say a word.

BS, I'd still say it was wrong.
It's a terrible precedent and umpires shouldn't be making up rules on the fly.
If the cricket world thinks this precedent should be followed, fix the rules. Or get used to seeing the home side selectively replaying incidents in order to influence results in their direction. You think it won't play that way?

Cricket, never a gentleman's game.
McCullum can hide behind the nice-guy act all he likes, but he pushes the envelope as much as the next Aussie, and good on him - just don't try and portray yourself as something you aren't.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Allowing DRS to be influenced by in-ground replays would certainly make the Indians more conducive to using it, I bet. ;)
by Dogwatcher
Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mankad?

Is a batsman cheating when he takes a stance outside his crease before the ball is delivered?
Love cricket's contradictions.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The SANFL's most infamous incident?

Booney wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Nah, I just wanted to have a shot at you. Fed up with your holier-than-thou, sensible attitude.

*BANG*

A new infamous incident?
by Dogwatcher
Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Trader wrote:Agreed. They are pushing the ATCA around and the CEO is allowing it.
They have just posted their LO4 side and seems they've done it there too.
G Bhatt has played 9 LO1 games (including the last 8 in a row) then all of a sudden showed up in LO4 this week...

Has G Bhall also been dropped?
by Dogwatcher
Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Especially when it was a couple of country leagues who proposed it to the CFL
Why haven't any of the country leagues said no?
Surely if you are so opposed to it, you would have told your league officials to vote against it and they would have had to comply
I'm no fan of it - if clubs want to overspend and die then sobeit, but some of the crap on here is just laughable

To be fair, one country league did vote/speak against it and was very vocal about it.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

The reserves debate is just a side issue for the reason that Glenelg finds itself in this mess.
An ultimatum such as that will not be the cause that brings people back to the Bays.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vale Don Eagle - CDFC

Vale Don Eagle -

The name Don Eagle will mean little to most SANFL fans, in fact it will probably mean little to large numbers of Central District supporters.
However, Eagle played a very important part in the club's history, kicking the Bulldogs' first two goals in the SANFL league competition - while still a teenager.
Recruited from United in the state's Mallee region, located between Swan Reach and Loxton, Don was a big, old-school bloke who enjoyed the country lifestyle.
He was recruited to the club by first coach Ken Eustice, but that Mallee connection was not enough to hold Eagle to the CDFC, a shoulder injury ending his time in the big league.
Don continued to play football in the Mallee, where he coached Wunkar to the 1974 premiership, and the Riverland, for Loxton (where he was a multi-premiership player), and was also a more-than-handy cricketer.
His sons Eric, for Loxton, and Mick, Loxton North, also played football. Mick played in several flags for Loxton North during its glory period of four-straight premierships between 1997-2000.
Eagle wasn't one for big noting himself and was reticent of the spotlight, but he did return to the CDFC during its 50th anniversary year to toss the coin prior to the match.
Eagle passed away on February 21 at Loxton.

RIP, Don.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

What about the 'denied' ones cossi11? Poor Josh Sobels...their best player when they were getting belted in 2014....'denied'...in my defence after 55 pages, sometimes you might miss a post...lol
Sorry to diffuse your anger but Josh changed his mind and didn't need the clearance after all.

Not going to Tanunda?
by Dogwatcher
Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fine, get a duck and don't bowl :lol:
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Facebook and ignorant uneducated people who have nothing better to do than critise everything you attempt regardless of the logistics behind it which they have no understanding off

Really makes me want to chuck it all in and just go on the dole

I'm so ******* angry right now

I've got your back, Whuffer ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Just once I'd like to hear yeah we lost. Every single trial game they had 63 out injured and 47 still playing cricket.

And five at weddings, plus eleventy at Clipsal.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Well done to PAOC in B3 - they seemed to enjoy their two days at Trinity and worked hard to win. They also enjoyed the banter from the outer. Showed good character.

Also, wishing Athlestone all the best (except for one bloke) in LO6 for next week's GF. They knocked us off far more easily than we would have liked.
It will be a good match between them and Brahma next week. Plenty of experienced heads there for both sides.
If Brahma bats first, I'm tipping them to win.
Sobels to be the match's x-factor. He'll love hearing that.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Dear Redbacks,

Thanks for putting some consistency on the board and thrilling us with your performances at the pointy end of the season this year.
Whether we make the final or not, please don't think the job is done and sink again in 2016/17.
We care a lot.

South Aussie cricket fans.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct Whuffer

Vic win, we're off to Darwin.
NSW win, we're off to Coffs.
Draw - we host.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes for 2016

CLUB STATEMENT REGARDING
SANFL RULE CHANGES

The SANFL have implemented rule changes for Season 2016 that will come into full effect this weekend.

In recent weeks, members, players and supporters have spoken to me about these rule changes and therefore I feel it necessary to make a statement on behalf of the Club.

The Central District Football Club is fully supportive of the capping of rotations in season 2016. We were reasonably happy with the cap at 50 rotations, but have accepted the late change to 60 rotations.

The Central District Football Club however, is strongly opposed to the ‘last possession out of bounds rule’ and we believe that the capping of rotations should have been allowed to do its job before any other significant rule changes were made.

This rule changes the very fabric of our game and we have fought hard to have it reconsidered, unfortunately to no avail.

The SANFL are in no doubt aware of our Club’s position and I have certainly made my objections well known, as has our Senior Coach Roy Laird. Chief Executive Kris Grant resigned in protest from the Laws of the Game Committee upon implementation of the rule prior to the commencement of the trial game period.

Unfortunately we do not get to make the rules, only to abide by them. Like the nine other Clubs, what we now have to do is move on and play to the new rules.

I have made this statement so that there is no confusion on where we sit, but also, that there is no further need for dialogue on this matter.

Now get pumped and ready for Good Friday Football at My Money House Oval as we start our 2016 campaign. We hope to see a big crown Friday and at all of our home games in 2016.

David Cavenett

PRESIDENT
Central District Football Club
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes for 2016

Now I understand.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

It's a SACA press release. Sent out this afternoon.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some harsh judgements going on in here.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

A really good reminder, as if it was really needed, that Aussie rules is a bloody tough game.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2: Adelaide v Port - Sunday 3 April @ Mannum Oval

DW
It would have taken an Elizabeth bloke twice as long to get to a "city" ground in Noarlunga than to simply drive over a hill to Mannum on Sunday. You might have observed some fairly decent scenery on the way and watched a fantastic game on a surface that leaves some suburban grounds for dead.

Totally agree, but the day after the Modown?
I definitely would've gone if the Dogs were playing, don't worry about that. Loved it when we played up at Berri about 10 years ago.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bi polar and schitzophrenia

Mr Beefy wrote:Wtf you on about?

He doesn't know, and neither does he.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Popped into the EFC last night and, while there were less and less faces I recognised, it was great to see so many young fellas at the club and for the right reason.
There seems to be a few ins this week, as well - great news at the selection table.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toilet Paper

Gum leaves.
Leaves a nice scent.
Plus, I feel fresh and fragrant afterwards.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2016

I think there's a lack of leadership out there.
We've a very young midfield and you've got Adams and Treloar who haven't emerged as leaders. That's a massive issue.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Apparently the boys had to sing the club song in the shower. They had to make way for the women's match. Disgraceful. Ran out of food and drink early as well. Round one was always going to be a feeling out process though.

Why's it disgraceful that TW had to get out of the rooms to make way for another team?
How soon after are you talking? If it was within half an hour, that's a little rough, but there's going to be teething problems - surely not enough to say it's disgraceful?
This sort of thing can happen in finals when teams from other clubs share rooms. I played at Elizabeth when the women were playing there and people didn't seem to mind vacating the rooms when it was the women's team's turn to use them.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Apparently the boys had to sing the club song in the shower. They had to make way for the women's match. Disgraceful. Ran out of food and drink early as well. Round one was always going to be a feeling out process though.

Why's it disgraceful that TW had to get out of the rooms to make way for another team?
How soon after are you talking? If it was within half an hour, that's a little rough, but there's going to be teething problems - surely not enough to say it's disgraceful?
This sort of thing can happen in finals when teams from other clubs share rooms. I played at Elizabeth when the women were playing there and people didn't seem to mind vacating the rooms when it was the women's team's turn to use them.

They didn't even have time to have a shower. The whole scenario was described as a shambles.
Never happened before in my time while playing in the plains.

Also found out that the bar wouldn't sell a carton of beer to the B grade because they were running out of alcohol. :roll:

So...teething problems. Give 'em a chance before labeling them disgraceful.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day 2016

Because, even though they don't know what it's about it soaks into them, and becomes part of their psyche. One day they'll get it and all of that work you've done will result in kids like Corona's who keep the flame of respect alive.
You don't not take a kid to the footy because they don't understand it, why would you not take them to an Anzac Day service?

My eldest is nearly eight. She's come to two with me now. This year she asked several times in the lead-up if she could come.
I'm very proud of her. It is just another thing in our lives that keeps us close together.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day 2016

That's why. What better way for them to learn.

Right, so if you think they can learn by going, you can also teach them to bloody well be quiet when required.

Im not talking any other scenario than ANZAC Day when we pay our respects to those that fought for us.

How respectful is it to diggers and other people to have a kid screaming during the minutes silence.

I'm sure the Diggers would rather young children there than not, many of them would have heard worse screams during their lives...

Interestingly, I had a three year old making ample noise near me yesterday morning. She was very vocal about her Dad and brother laying a wreath and was excited to see them coming back to her. Her father was wearing a RAAF uniform.
I certainly wasn't going to throw a withering glance in their direction.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bloody parents who don't do the small things to give their kids the best chance of success.

Have a work experience kid in this week, she was late yesterday.
And even later today. I asked why she was late and, "my whole family slept in".
Mum brings her to within a kilometre of work (where mum had a Drs appointment) and leaves daughter to walk the rest of the way.
Yes, these kids need to sort themselves out and develop responsibility, but they don't have a bloody chance if the parents don't give them the tools to gain that skill.
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 06, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Bit overboard about the spending of soccer clubs.
Adelaide United has spent millions more over the years than clubs like Central Coast and even Leicester have spent more than £100 in net transfer spending than Tottenham in the last 5 years.

C'mon, is this the best shot you can manage at Adelaide United this week?

:)
by Dogwatcher
Sat May 07, 2016 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2016

Bloody hell.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 09, 2016 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

they seem to have a find in Gililand who in his 2nd game bagged 4.

Was this tongue in cheek? Gilly's been there for quite a while.
I'd be surprised if he'd played anywhere else but Luthies since leaving the Riverland.
:oops: My bad! I blame the updated Sportingpulse.. I was too lazy to actually look over previous seasons, and it doesn't show the career stats anymore so I just assumed these were his first 2 games :lol:

You could have said it was tongue in cheek ;)
Reborn form from a veteran player.

The boy can still leap pretty well, by the way.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 09, 2016 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Just a clarification, as I was curious, here's the definition of mungril: http://slangwordsdictionary.com/mungril
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Well done, Dave Rogers, on your first win as A grade coach, as Elizabeth collected the points against Pultney on Saturday.
Would've been a nice boost as he headed off to H's 40th.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 23, 2016 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Broadcasting

We are told live streaming of matches can't happen due to the expense, yet the u16's GF was streamed today????!

Can be done, like it was today at Alberton, will be just limited to a certain amount of games...

The State Game next weekend will be Video Streamed, LIVE from Adelaide Oval next Sunday...

I saw the live stream from Alberton today, again it was good to watch, why don't the SANFL promote this??? Surely its the future and part of their growth strategy??

They do promote it, via the clubs, leaving them to promote it as they see fit...

Clubs are going to advertise it late in the piece as to protect numbers through the gate...

I would suggest it is a part of their future strategy, for sure...

Clearly crowds aren't the be all and end all these days, but given the SANFL is so keen to talk about its online awareness and Facebook page hits, I'd think the live stream was a priority. It's a confusing tactic.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 23, 2016 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Would have been planned all along to be used at some point.
He would've just been unsure when.

PS: The clear highlight for me was Fake Sansa.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 24, 2016 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just an observation, but I reckon we're seeing more young lads going to the gym these days, taking a little bit of extra care of their bodies, while the PT industry seems to be flourishing, and a lot of those blokes would be footballers. I wonder if that sort of thing's filtering into local footy and that could be part of what you're seeing in this grade.
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 26, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems the little red car gonna have to do some splainin.
by Dogwatcher
Thu May 26, 2016 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

* cue A Team music*
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 27, 2016 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Turning Slipknot up to ####ing loud just as I get out of my work car, knowing the havoc that's going to be wreaked on the next person to use it.
by Dogwatcher
Fri May 27, 2016 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Another family destroyed by a selfish man.
by Dogwatcher
Mon May 30, 2016 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely they are allowed to make the same mistake you did about maybe not watching their kid closely enough (within reason, is there any suggestion of gross negligence here?)

my brother was pointing at pretty boats, he didnt jump into an animal pen, causing the murder of an endangered species.

But if you wan't to point that finger, go ahead.

But he could have drowned, resulting in the closure of a much-loved boating lake - ruining generations of fun and learning for everyone else.

You're right - but he didn't. And they're not going to close down the zoo either so I'm not sure of the relevance of the above.

If you ever let your kids cross the road, they might get run over, if you ever let your kids ride a bike they might fall off. Bad things happen in life.

I haven't been to Bonython Park in a while, is the lake still even there?

The point is that, had your brother drowned, there could have been ramifications, unavoidable, which people would be pissed off about.
Sadly, there were ramifications for the gorilla, because, somehow, the kid could get to that section of the enclosure. A tough decision was made.

I bet you, at the time that poor gorilla was shot, not one of the people present would have been angered by the situation, just happy that the child was safe. They might have been sad, yes, but not angry. The anger comes from those of us who weren't there and didn't see the event unfolding and who weren't going to witness the awful consequences had the situation not have been dealt with as it was - those of us who get to look at the incident in cold, hard black and white, not the technicolour of the moment.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The incident with the girl happened in 2013.

The booing got the media attention in 2015.

The story about the girl just kept getting dragged up to support the imaginary "everyone booing is a racist" line.

The booing began after the incident and continued to grow as the issue rumbled along, fed by the media and those who "didn't want to be told what to do". It actually died off before being amped up by those who disagreed with his A of Y award in 2014.
The milking free kicks theory only started after it was suggested to people that some of those booing, even possibly them, might have been racist for booing a man because he educated us that the word gorilla has racist connotations.

I didn't subscribe to the "everyone booing is a racist" line. I believed that many of those booing were allowing the racists to hide amongst them, using pathetic mob mentality to mask their own intent.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boos started off being based on the fact the bloke is a pillock who milks frees

And yet...the boos didn't start until he pointed at a girl who used what he considered a racist term to abuse him.
Selwood never copped boos like that for milking frees. Still doesn't .

Come sit next to me at a Port/Cats game, or, interview those around me at the semi-final MCG, 2013. ;)

Week after week with ongoing intensity? Nah.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It actually died off before being amped up by those who disagreed with his A of Y award in 2014.
What really annoyed me the most about this is I reckon 4/5 people who were slagging and hating on his AOTY speech and his reference to "invasion day", had NOT actually listened or heard the speech in it's entirety.. they just read bits and pieces or were influenced by others comments and opinions and jumped on board with it..

Like a pack of sheep getting on board because it was the in thing..

Thing is, you choose to be confrontational and challenge the average Joe's thinking and some of them will be confrontational because they aren't equipped to think. ;)

I think it's more than that. At heart, most of us want to think we're good people and most of us are. To be told we're racist, or that there are racist motivations behind people the actions of people who we view as equals, puts into question our own values and ethics, and it's uncomfortable. It might even hurt. We don't want to believe that we are that person. So we defend and justify. Then, in 20 years, many of us will look back and think, "what the hell were we thinking?" It happens to all of us, on one topic or another, at some point in our lives.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |