Search found 21 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

My source tells me that the clearance is already in the works, hefty transfer fee being paid to the bombers from the donnybrooks.

Expect the ink to be dry on the contract within hours.
by jakovasaurus
Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have recently been told Zanadrea is going to Fitzroy to play with work friends. So this Willaston business is just ridiculous.
by Footy Boots
Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard this story recently actually:

The Two Wells lads were invited to a barbecue at Bugs' house after the 2013 grand final to drown their sorrows.

The boys were sitting around the fire, tucking into some pork chops and a few CC cans when mighty hounds noticed Bugs' dog walk over and sit nearby, wagging its tail and staring at him.

"Hey Bugs," mighty hounds said, "How does your dog always know when we're having a barbecue?"

"Well mighty hounds..." Bugs replied, "It can see us for a start."
by OnSong
Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I Got 5th best on ground in Under 11s at Elizabeth eagles and was awarded a voucher for a happy meal.
by westy
Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zanandrea to the Crows reserves side.
by jakovasaurus
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep Swamp. Joel played quite a few A grade games prior to last season, but couldn't break into the heavily loaded side Gawler Central had in the season past. Might be one of a number of young blokes with a little bit of CDFC experience going to the Bombers. Throw them in with Zanandrea, L Norman, R. Darwin, Collings, Wedding and Henneker, and there's the basis for a regeneration at Hamley (if they can keep them all of course)

Seems a much more logical way forward than the one they've taken in the past. Is Zanandrea playing on?? I heard he is sniffing around for $$ with Goodie in the SE.

Is in the SE with goodie.
Sorry magpie, the news at the Hamley Bridge Hotel is that he's training with Hamley already.
by roodog
Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All they need to do now is rotate it 90 degrees so you don't look directly into the sun and it'd be a great place to play.
by OnSong
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Spies tell me that Kapunda are getting a few quality young locals back this season. Zero point (and probably zero dollar) A graders are like gold and should give Buckets more to work with in 2014
Are Kapunda losing one of its best back to his home club in the Northern Areas? Taylor)
I believe that's true Poultry. Has given the Bombers six years of great service and knocked back better offers elsewhere many times. Twice club captain and (I think) five times B&F at the club. Won the Association medal last season in one of the best country comps in the state. Twice State Country Football Championships rep. Brad Taylor is a class act and has certainly earned the right to head back to help out his foundation club.
by roodog
Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

well maybe not boring still mad you pinched pinup boy justin last year
by hairy cat
Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dizzee Rascal wrote:
hairy cat wrote:well maybe not boring still mad you pinched pinup boy justin last year

Lad just bought a house from his match payments too. Ladies form an orderly line.

Whoa! :D
by OnSong
Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone tell me when clearances start coming up on Foxsportspulse? I had heard Feb 1st and thought they would have been added along the way by administrators (behind our view) and then would automatically open up today. Anyone?
They're already up and going on the site but only updated every now and then. Haven't seen any action there for a few weeks. Kind of like the bedroom of late too, but I digress...
by OnSong
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So at this stage it appears there is more people leaving the APFL then joining. I am purely basing all of this on Forum "hear say" which is obviously all credible as it is on the Internet....

Don't discount some emerging talent coming out of the U17s. More exciting than the recycled hasbeens chasing farmers coin.

Where’s all that? Not much of a U17 comp here, maybe one full side this yr if we are lucky out of 7

Most A Grade teams could only accommodate 2 or 3 lads coming up per year, so the actual numbers in the U17's is not so important (other than development). There are some names to watch from the top ten vote getters last year. The rest probably need a bit more time or may not make it to A grade in any case.

NOT IMPORTANT, that's the whole problem with the league.bury the head in the sand,
by magpieeagle
Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ease up champ. I'm not saying that lack of numbers is not concerning for the comp. I'm saying that it's not that important for the real talent coming through. Do you think that in a years time, young Charlie A is a worst player for coming through a weak U17 comp. I think not - he will be just as good. Hasn't seem to have impacted on Harry G's form.

I was simply saying to have a look at some of the younger talent. Take a relax tab mate..

firstly, *worse,

Secondly, yes I do some what. I am taking the side of Magpieeagle (for want of a better term). The APFL has built a "bigfish syndrome" - in SOME CASES. Not knowing Charlie I am not going to comment on how this will affect his development. As a generalisation what I have noticed is that Junior/younger players get told how they good they are to a point that builds false confidence even if they do "dominate" underage football (a pool of around 130 registered under 17s in 2013). Once it is time to enter the senior system (A grade and Reserve's football - a pool of about 350 players) the opportunities are less, the numbers are greater and due to low numbers in u/17s they do not have the knowledge, and at times the character to work for/earn what they want and often deserve. I will reiterate, I am not attacking past, present or future players or coaches but this is my observation and opinion.

In short players like Charlie Arbon & James Speissegger (BFC), Tyler Darwin & Dylan Collings (HBFC), Joshua Appleby (HWFC), Nik Seccafien and Doc heron (TWFC), Ryan Konzag & the Coe brothers (MFC) would benefit from playing in a stronger underage comp.
by stork
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure hairy cat is Boomhauer from King of the Hill.

by OnSong
Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the joker wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
Useless wrote:united play freeling either this weekend or next weekend

According to their facebook page, Salisbury this week, Freeling the week after
what's their FB page name

ummm..United Football Club
by Mr Beefy
Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Virginia has a secret lethal weapon up there sleeve this week Big Bad Benny Farugia... cats out the bag sorry boys!! Back to play his old team ready to tear the game apart, rumour is Hamley just didnt have the cash to keep him after paying the big bucks to the Carr boys they might get a dozen kicks between them.. Virginia may just sneak over the line with this bloke 2 - 17 points.

Mallala will take control No Fitzgerald No Two Wells....
by BigV
Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala 1-39
Balaklava 40+
Two Wells 1-39

Plus Hanno to have 40+ practice shots at goal tonight, guided by senior goal kicking coach, Kirk Heberle.
by OnSong
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pag wrote:the extra player was on the groin for about 10 seconds.

Sounds painful
by bennymacca
Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stribling already have one hand on the league medal?

Stribling must have had 50 touches on the weekend and would have got 3 votes IMO.
Dowdell, Duncan, Heberle, Zanandrea, Thach, TJ could all poll votes in the 3 wins.
It's only 4 games in and too early to be talking about league medal winners.
Great day Saturday for the 10 year premiership reunion and it was good to catch up with some past legends of the HBFC. There was certainly some sore heads Sunday though.

Stribling gave himself a new nickname Saturday night and was calling himself 'Nintendo 64' cos he was telling everyone he had 64 touches on Saturday.
by THACHY_7
Mon May 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Today we will find out if Moonta are the real deal.
Keen on your thoughts there Westy as to whether you think Moonta are the real deal after seeing them first hand in your expert opinion.? and what league would even hear a report like that, then on the other hand if he called him a f......n old fossil then who knows
Taylor got off report for stating the obvious. Calling an old fossil an old fossil
by Nocyrils
Sun May 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am hearing that nearly all players selected in squad for the mickey mouse country championships are all trying to get out of playing.
Seems they all have to work on Saturday morning-what a joke
If the association have any balls then surely they will have to be heaps of suspension or it is a bigger mockery than I believe already.
Have they selected the final squad yet and if so what players have been selected?

Just select all Tanunda players, they have the bye dont they and they are the only club that supports it ;)
by daysofourlives
Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |