Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Congratulations and goodluck to Carey Payne on the appointment of the Elizabeth A grade position. Having played with and worked under this bloke for majority of my senior footy i have nothing but praise for him, took BL from div 6 to div 3 over 5 years which is a fantastic effort! To the boys out at Elizabeth, you have snared a beauty and i guarantee you will love the guy, he is not only a professional on the field but is also a great bloke off it, you will have success on the field and many a great night off it with this guy around the club.
by cossi11
Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

just a debatatable topic for today...

as
If payne was to come in and purely take that group with his systems and finish in the high end of finals it would prove a great coaching effort?? Marvellous Yes

If he recruited well and achieved the same high final placing...has he done any better than a previous coach?? Gross underachievement ;)

Obviously only using Payne as a relevant example....I think he has fantastic record.

The latter would depend on injuries, depth etc as well of course....

*edit* PLUS - there is no way in hell that he'd let Walton's 2's finish higher than him :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nicole wrote:i have been talking to an Elizabeth stalwart and have been told they have lost a lot of players , maybe 10 at this stage .
Anyone care to confirm or deny.

A couple of departures can be expected with the change of coach.
I think those can and, in part, have been made up.
by Dogwatcher
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

The rule exists for these extreme circumstances.

Would take some exceptional recruiting to replace players lost without breaching the points limit.
by Q.
Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

I think what he's trying to say is that someone else has been offered that position for 2014....

*cough*groover*cough*
by Footy Chick
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

I have been at Brahma 10+ years now and we havent always been successful, yes the past 5 years have been pretty good but seasons before that I was part of teams that saw us get belted week in and out.

I unfortuantly didnt get the spoils of winning a premiership but have stuck around and will see this through. I can see myself that the culture or direction of the club needs to change, and I try and find the positives in it that I have an opportunity to help change this.

The club is bigger than 20+ individuals.. We thought that success would help build culture, we were wrong.

Alot of you forget that Brahma doesnt have the junior program that many of your clubs have, and the majority of the clubs near us all have strong junior programs. The club has no choice but to entice players, and hence why we need to spend money, I would like to see where your club would be without its strong junior program.

In saying that, I feel we need to invest more time and money into our junior program, and I'm sure this will be a focus of the committee moving ahead.

Good luck to you all this season...
by Browny25
Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |