Search found 92 matches

Return

Re: Magarey Medal

Dutchy wrote:
DOC wrote:I would think Brede Seccul should be the shortest priced South Player on that list.

Ive requested a price for him...4 of the last 6 weeks BOG and TIB 9 times this season

Would be very interested in his odds. Another BOG and I reckon he would have a real chance.
by southee
Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R21 - West v Ravens @ Berri

carey wrote:I'm serious they flew. What a joke.

That's laughable ! What a precious lot .....
by southee
Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:WAFL next year is looking at becoming named AFL WA and of course that will lead to the change here to AFL SA which we all have said was a matter of time

by southee
Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jars most likely spoke to Triple M management and told to fire up the switchboard by making his statements about Crows in SANFL.

Gets people from both sides all up in arms frantically rushing to their phones ..... Advertisers love it !!!

Probably just a big PR stunt !!!
by southee
Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.
And the first two weeks of the finals proved that a finals quality SANFL team when matched up against a fully-fledged squad of AFL standard players fails that test dismally. I'm sure the Centrals and in particular the South players love the concept right now.

The Bulldogs and Panthers were as bad as the Crows were good. Both sides did themselves no favours in their respective games. If their players had played to their best they'd have been a lot closer or maybe even won!

I think we all know that South and Central played a completely different Crows ressies side than the one Sturt came up against in their final. This included a Crows ressie side who had no interest in going further into GF which was pretty obvious in the preliminary final.

South's mistake was they should of beaten Sturt in the qualifying final.
by southee
Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Horrible feeling as a South supporter tonight (good for the players to have a crack).

Seriously, South go out their way scouting the country for players. They put valuable resources and money into player development and welfare then you have it ripped apart to top up the power ressie side.

The structure of the system is a complete joke. Our club did not vote for this set up and that is what hurts the most.

Seems the competition is becoming more irrelevant year by year. We have 6 other clubs to blame for this.
by southee
Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2017

How did Eman go for Port ?(Emmanuel Irra)
by southee
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2017

How did Eman go for Port ?(Emmanuel Irra)

Mixed bag for Irra last night. 14 disposals but largely ineffective. Showed some good run at times but fumbled a lot. Don't think he'll ever make it at AFL level but has the potential to be a decent SANFL player, though I've thought that for a few years now.

My thoughts 100% about eman. Won't make AFL.
by southee
Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

Well that was brutal to watch.

Our club didnt want the AFL reserves teams in the comp.

Power reserves way too good.

Hollywood is a legend will def have him back at the club. Irra acted like he had won the grand final when he kicked a goal seemed over the top and im not sure what message he was trying to send.

Irra acted like a complete flog after that goal. Sort of gave the crowd a big F - you salute.

Not much to say but just hope the professionals enjoy their rehab and day off tomorrow while our boys go back to their day jobs.

Liddle, Davis, Rose my pick for best for us.
by southee
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Cannot believe the move by Allmond! Thought he was an Eagle for life and was one of my fave players due to his toughness, good decision making and long, raking kicks. Money speaks again! Reckon he has burnt many bridges at the Eagles after all the time and effort we put into him.

Sounds like the Eagles getting a good taste of their own medicine!

Wundke, Ainger ring any bells ???
by southee
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

Few South players missing in action today. Some poor delivery in the forward lines.

Still think we missed a few opportunities in the game with some terrible decision making at times. Centrals seemed to want to win the game more while we probably still had our heads in the clouds from last weeks win versus Crows Ressies. Thought our body language from the first bounce was poor and felt like we won the game before it started.

Liddle (thrown around like a rag doll throughout the game!), Haines, Heaslip and probably Brooksby best for us.

Some players likely to have a run back in the 2s with some coming up.

Side note : Always had a bit of time for Central supporters (we are the 2 clubs who voted "no" to the AFL ressies) but some of the behavior by a few of their "supporters" was a disgrace today. Vile behavior directed at the "handful" of South faithful supporters at the game today including from what I saw, support staff. I know we all have our Dick Head supporters but today stepped right over the line of banter.

Westies win in 2 weeks critical for a finals spot.
by southee
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keith Conlon Cup - Sturt v Ravens 1/7/18

Does that figure include the 4,000 ravens members or not?

You do realise that us CROWS memberS already support a SANFL club. I support Norwood and have so since 1987 when I was 5 years old. But I also support the CROWS and have been a member since 1991. We mis judged how many of our members were loyal to their original team thinking they would support the CROWS and leave their original club. I cant wait until we leave the SANFL and move to an AFL reserves but for the moment we are stuck in the SANFL.

We can’t wait till they p$ss off either !!!

The sooner the better !!!
by southee
Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood V South

Wouldn't write the season off yet mate. South need someone to turn there culture around. It happens year after year. South accept average . With a growing young population there , surely the club gets aggressive to attract a winning culture which would bring people .

Weird statement. To create a winning culture you have to be winning. Do you not think they go out not trying to win?
I think South are good enough to play finals.

Well you can’t really say that with the SANFL South women’s side winning back to back premierships.

The culture has changed for the better now than 10 years ago. I think it changed once Brad Gotch was appointed coach.

I don’t see culture as the issue at all.
by southee
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

Centrals and South say “hello” to Norwood.....
by southee
Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide Knuckey Cup

Joel Cross won his 4th Knuckey Cup last night.
Joe Haines was runner up, Alex Cailotto Best Club Man, Hayden Sampson most improved, Reece Milsom best first year player.
I did not attend the night so if there are any results I missed please add them.
To anyone who did attend, were there any announcements made regarding who's staying or going for next year? I haven't seen an official announcement regarding Joel Cross yet...

Crossy going on in 2020.

Good news.
by southee
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

It's great to have signed Rose and Brooksby (although I haven't seen anything official from SAFC regarding the latter) but I am a bit concerned signing them before the drafts. Have they agreed to not nominate for the drafts? I would hate to go through the same scenario as last off season and of course mid-season.

Any word on Matt Rose and Malcolm Karpany?

Matt Rose and Malcolm Karpany will be there in 2020.
by southee
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

blueandwhite wrote:
PanthersFan wrote:
darley16 wrote:
The club did release the confirmation regarding Keegan Brooksby return in an email to Kingstonian Members last week therefore my rejoicing, however i do agree you would think the club would be broadcasting this more broadly.

Maybe they're waiting to announce another signing as well??

You maybe on the money there...

Exciting!
PanthersFan
Rookie

BREDE SECCUL ?????????????????????????

Gordon Gatti ???
by southee
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RHM 17 wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
The Ash Man wrote:Richard Douglas confirmed at Norwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes , he should fit nicely into the spot vacated by Cody Szust who I see has nominated for the draft... 8)

couldnt get a league game at norwood

How surprising !!!!
by southee
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You know some blokes nominate once and then it stays on for a few years right? Maybe same club spoke to him once so he nominated, pretty sure if you ask him he knows he's not getting drafted. You just worry about Broadbents "mental health" issuses at south and why other clubs wouldn't touch him.

Disgraceful post !
by southee
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Former Panther Alex Aurrichio passed away

Met Alex numerous times and even caught a train back from the 2018 SANFL final with him and Tyson Brown (South current player).

Larger than life bloke, lived life to the fullest and also had a huge care for people.

At his time at South he made a huge impression.

One of those people that walks into a room and you notice them.

RIP Alex - I will miss you :(
by southee
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Didn't think Centrals were that bad against us last week. They took it right up to us except the last 1/4.

Well done and thank you for keeping our finals chances alive !!!
by southee
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 South v Norwood Saturday 1410

Tough game this one with the result.

South on their day are delightful to watch - hard at it, skillful and very hard to beat (refer to Glenelg game this year). On the other hand, we have coughed up some very average performances (refer to Sturt game 2 weeks ago). Consistency seems to be an issue. Will play some great quarters of footy but also in the same game have looked pretty bad in parts.
I think at home, we can do this and land ourselves a finals appearance in 2020. We like the big grounds, using the space well. I think we are fitter than Norwood too. We can outrun them.

We need to end the Legs finals run this week and I believe the boys can do this.

We were not far from beating them earlier this year.

South by 2 goals.
by southee
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 1st Semi Final

What a day beating last years premiers !

Thought our young guys really stood up today with the more senior players (who played well) not as dominant.

Horne (just turned 17 and AFL bound in 2022), Wilkinson, Sampson, McCreery, Bogle and Milsom were very good today. They are all local products of our development squads through the years.

Karpany..well, what a class act. Hardly played this year (3 games tops maybe ?) was like a secret weapon for us. Silky smooth and composed kicking 4 goals.

Just thought we wanted it more than the Bays today.

Still really pumped up tonight but now we move on to play the Eagles which will be a really hard contest.

Dare to dream........I'm starting to see something special brewing.

One week at a time...... ;)
by southee
Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gavin Colville departs West

Always thought Colville communicated really well. He just didn't have the cattle.

I am sure he would be valuable as an assistant at another SANFL club.
by southee
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

They bring in nothing crowd wise. But do bring TV exposure.

I keep saying they need quality media people. It sounds absolute garbish on DP for starters. Tell me they dont pay these blokes ?
Get professional . I wait the whole " be thankful what you get" comments.

Don't stress....Power reserves and Crows reserves will get plenty of exposure on Channel 7 all year.

Digital Pass wont be necessary for those 2 sides :roll:
by southee
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1

Spargo wrote:Excuse my ignorance, why are we playing 4 games on Good Friday & none on Easter Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

Keeping it open for the AFL games ???
by southee
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

As posted by DOC all South supporters and indeed all you lovers of the SANFL go to youtube to watch "SAFC Media Presentation of Behind the Game", this is an extraordinary insight into the club that would not only apply to South but all SANFL clubs. Its production quality is wonderful and exposes the professionalism that goes into an SANFL club. Brilliant to watch well done SAFC.
Agreed. I really enjoyed it and it was presented very well. Good initiative by the club.
Thanks to Doc for the link.
Loved the ending too!

Look forward to the sequel this year ;)
by southee
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port writes to AFL over SANFL grievances....

Port Adelaide....playing the victim mentality since 1870 !
by southee
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 South v Centrals Saturday 1410

Tough game to come away with the win.
As others have mentioned, Dogs are a pretty good side and on the right track IMO.
Thought Dogs won most of the 3 quarters but South just went into forth gear in the last quarter to get the win.
Really like Grace's game. Lange and J. Schiller very good.

Thought South really panicked at the start and tried to be cute with this short passing sideways/backwards game that really backfires on us.
We lacked confidence when the Dogs applied the pressure on us.
We looked much better going direct and long putting pressure on the Dogs defenders.
Good to see Overall have a decent game this week as honestly, he has been bloody ordinary this year.
Gibbs showed his class, Broadbent, Haines, Cross and Skinner (finally) our best.

Nice to get the win but a heap to work on if we are going to be a genuine finals contender.
by southee
Sat May 29, 2021 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R 18 Port v South Saturday 1405

Why is no one even questioning Port on playing Butcher ???

Is this in the rules or is this just what they want ??

If it is not part of the rules then SANFL clubs should be speaking up about it !!!

My view is Butcher is so far off SANFL level now it isn't funny, let them play him.

Yeah, I agree re : Butcher. Just feel it sets a very dangerous precedent for not just South by other SANFL clubs in the future (no pun intended there)
by southee
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary final Glenelg v South

Give it a spell, Rolfe’s was a dog act, I saw it at the time & haven’t forgotten either, he was bragging about it post game.
South lost, jog on.

Bays supporters complaining about sniping 7 years ago ….ffs …. Can we bring out Salisbury, Stringer etc… from over 30 years ago ???

Move on !!!

It was a good game last night ….
by southee
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

am Bays wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Taking the belting well I see. Stay classy AM. You’ve bought the criticism on yourself champ… suck it up.

Stand by what I said last Ctoss went missing more along with at least 7 of his mates

Partington 19 possessions
Cross 18 possessions

… in the preliminary final but what ever you reckon mate
by southee
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

Any feedback on all those Premiership T-Shirts Glenelg were printing in July. Must have sold thousands by now. :D :)
Can someone call 131 444 as they've gone missing.
My tip is look for Joel Cross. I mean, have you ever seen him and a Glenelg premiership T-Shirt in the same room at the same time?
For the benefit of Corona Man

Have you ever seen Joel Cross and his other mates that have gone missing when it has counted in prelims, and a Premiership t shirt in the same room??

You mob kept having a crack at me about this I’ll keep cracking back.

Any way I’m off to enjoy my clubs B&F tonight.

I just find it funny South fans are having a crack at me when their ire should be somewhere else.

Mate, I suggest you read back over your posts …. It ain’t just South fans having a crack about your utterly disrespectful comment about Crossy.

The karma bus hit you well and truly hard in the grand final.
by southee
Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Is he training and living in Melbourne ?

Hawthorn has bolstered its Hawks Academy program with the appointments of Keegan Brooksby and David McKay.

Former Hawk Brooksby has landed the position of Hawks Academy Manager while retired Adelaide star McKay has been named as the Hawks Academy Coach.

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/1036091/former-afl-players-land-hawks-academy-roles

Sounds like he’s doing the Danny Del Re and flying in on weekends.
by southee
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 Eagles v Centrals

Pretty boy Troy goals for the Weagles

Honestly - constant staging, sooking and complaining when things don’t go his way.

Looked embarrassing at times.

Well done doggies ! You helped us out a bit there today by keeping our finals chances alive.

Very impressive today - played with desire and heart.

Enjoy the win !
by southee
Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 South v Glenelg

another grub wrote:love the optimism southee

Reserve psychology????
by southee
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kochie looking for excuses for their failure for the 2022 season (the master of diversion!!) :

(1) bringing the constant yearly prison bar jumper issue and (2) Port reserves not getting a fair deal by the SANFL and having a sook that players are not developing (they are paying nothing to the SANFL but the Crows do pay $$$ to play in the competition).

What made me laugh more was Roo and Ditts on Triple M this morning saying the SANFL would be irrelevant if the "Magpies and Crows" left the competition. They both did not even challenge Kochie at all. Just seemed to agree with him saying Port are getting a poor deal by the SANFL.

Honestly, I am sick of hearing from Port. Take your bat and ball and P$$$ off !!!!
by southee
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should have taken Eric,
pretty much a waste of time,
Chandler & Duldig & the lady from Strut think the SANFL is in a great position, TV ratings are up (doesn't get people to go to games though),
it seemed like we pretty much have the AFL in our comp., they are our overlords & we will do whatever they say they want us to do.
I brought up the farcical match at Woodville Oval at 7.40pm, CD v PA, 650 people, crap time etc etc, they just smiled & shrugged.
I told them to raise the salary cap,
they said some clubs won't be able to afford it,
I told them to expect more players to leave the SANFL to play country,
I mentioned admission charges & why can't the clubs drop the admission fee when there's a match when there will be a small crowd, they didn't think this was an issue, the lady from the rich suburbs didn't think it was a big deal,
I told them that from lower socio-economic areas it's a huge issue, they suggested more people need to become members??

We're screwed.

Well done for voicing your opinion ....much respect to you.

I can just imagine the smiles and "political" type answers to any challenging questions.

Just a PR stunt IMO.
by southee
Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 First Semi Final, Sturt v Central District

Pseudo wrote:Half time, dogs by 3 pts. Entertaining game thus far.

P.S. Is it just me, or does anyone else think Aiden Grace is a dead ringer for '80s era Feargal Sharkey?

Aiden Grace has a good heart for the dogs …. Which is hard to find these days.
by southee
Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

gazzamagoo wrote:
southee wrote:More outs for South to be added :

Mitch O’Neill - looking for other opportunities at other clubs :(

Ely Smith - retired due to hand injury.

How was O'Neill's season?

Pretty good - polled well in the Magarey Medal
by southee
Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

Geoff “Banger” Baynes new President of the South Adelaide Football Club.
by southee
Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 West v South

Seen South sides lose many times but todays last half was insipid !

They pretty well gave up.
No disrespect to West who played good footy but the last half was like a training drill !
Embarrassing.

Can’t work out where this club is going tbh

Today was an utter disgrace. Absolute sh1t show.
by southee
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |