Search found 57 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Jason Earl has stepped down as Mallala coach to spend more time with family, end of a fantastic journey ,5 premierships as a player and 1 as coach, stint at WWTFC, All the best.
by magpieeagle
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you wanna fix this league..... Remove Angle Vale and go back to having 7 team comp again and bring the bye back. I personally think it’s the worst decision the league has made by allowing Angle Vale to join. Constant crowd abuse/reports, No netball comp, worst ground/changerooms in the league. Give me one positive that they have bought to the league since joining 5 years ago?

Worst oval in the league----- =Hamley mud pit
Worst change rooms in league = Hamley 2 x 3 sqr metres
by magpieeagle
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala v RSMU this Saturday at Mallala.
by magpieeagle
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A grade association
I would say was abit of a success for adelaide plains considering they didn’t have their “best” side on the park due to people opting out.
Having leading a stacked Yorkes team mid way through the first and could of hit the lead in the second half if it wasn’t for some crucial mistakes inside 50.
The boys who played had a genuine crack.
I honestly think we still have to do these carnivals.
So in saying that punishments need to be bigger for opting out.

Medical certificate = 1 game for your club because if you are injured enough to miss 1 weekend you can have another weeks rest.
Choosing not to train in hope of not getting picked = 1 game
No excuse for opting out = 2 games

Be interesting to see everyone’s thoughts, we still have that many players that are keen to do it so let’s make a effort to really push it.
We had 4 in the team that could of opted out due to reaching their 12 games and chose not too.
Totally agree, I love doing these carnivals but in saying so hate wasting time trainings nights for 10 players, this was a good result considering probably only 1 proper training of a hr, full side we would have won this no doubt, players going on about byes, well there is 2 in the next 7 games, It needs to change, the passion of the older players was great to see.
by magpieeagle
Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saturday between Mall and TW was everything you would expect from a top of table clash, Mallala lead by nearly 5 goals at one stage but we expected TW to come back and they did, it was a really good tough,hard hitting game and the score only really looks good due to Mallala kicking 3 in time on last Q, very hard to say who was best on either side, The reserves as well was a great clash as well, you can only look forward to the finals between these to sides.
by magpieeagle
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Noticed AV going hard on the socials to get Netball going for next year.

They have worked out they can’t keep bluffing their comp and they new need to get in or move out.

Its just so that they can say they are "trying" at the end of the year to attempt to delay the inevitable by another year. The cycle will continue.
I dont think they have any real intention otherwise they would have coaches announced for all grades etc.

They did have "all be it some" netball teams in the first year, now they have none. There has been no improvement in this area.

Yet their Wednesday, Friday night Argana Park teams are thriving.
Problem is they don't want to travel , I've spoken to some and have no intention in playing country netball, like one said "Argana Park a long way from Balaklava" so there's the problem.
by magpieeagle
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joel Montgomerie has just announced his retirement to the MFC , a true champion of the APFL since arriving in 2007.
by magpieeagle
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |