Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

Wedgie wrote:
DOC wrote:
Bounce of the ball wrote:Good old South , just as we slowly stop laughing at the Glenelg jokes too.

Oh for a 9 team competition again.

Any idea what South have done wrong?

Since 1964, everything?

We did Vote No!!!
by Panther Pack
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL AGM Reports

If the SANFL can give multi-million $ handouts to a traitorous club like Port Power then surely it can assist any of the real and loyal 8 SANFL clubs when they need it.
by JohnnyG
Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

This decision is yet another example (that was so obvious during the reserves debate) of the arrogance and narrow-mindedness of the Crows and the SANFL Commission who must really believe that football in SA = the Crows and are unable to see things from the perspective of anyone else.

Rivalries in sport should be built from respect on the field, not from childish games (which is what this really is) which are just designed to antagonise the opponent.

But before Port supporters get on their high horse, the catalyst for this is still the dirty games Port played in 1990 which Whicker and co have never forgiven them for, and hence the petty games just keep continuing. The real loser in it all is football in SA as both sides rarely act in what is the true best interests of SA football.
by Ecky
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

What a shame the 2 AFL reserves sides entering the SANFL didn't get the same response as this (comparatively small) issue. :(
by Mic
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

As opposed to your banging on about your successful club?

Here's some perspective for you: My kids reckon your club is a joke, a bunch of easybeats.
by smac
Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

I have always followed Adelaide in the AFL and Sturt in the SANFL, my allegiances will always be with Sturt.
I was thinking about getting an Adelaide membership a couple of years ago leading into the move to AO as I live in walking distance to the ground, in the end I couldn't validate doing so as it would mean a full weekend of going to the footy as I'll always go to Sturt games when I can....the girlfriend wouldn't be happy basically so I canned it and I'm glad I did. I've pretty well given up on AFL now because of all the bull$hit that goes with it. The lies, scandals, hype and total lack of credibility as a true sporting competition and it's total lack of direction in the future.
Unfortunately this has now spread to the SANFL more than ever with the advent of AFL reserves. I'm getting prepared to totally giving up on footy in the next five years if we keep going the way we are headed.
by CUTTERMAN
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

If Port don't like the deal to play @ Adelaide Oval (which astounds me somewhat, considering THEY were the one's driving the whole thing, due to a supposed "poor Stadium deal at Footy Park"), why not get Koch to start developing Alberton?

Make it a Stadium like Geelong have.
Borrow some money from a BANK (like the rest of us have to do if we want to 'invest' in Home/Site improvements) & develop your OWN Stadium.
That way you can charge your supporters $2.50 for a Pie instead of the $5.50 @ AO.
Of course, that's going to make it difficult to REPAY your debt - unlike the debt that's been 'written off' for the 'Magpies' & the borrowings from the SANFL for the years of shite attendances @ AFL Games.

Sheesh... Port's constant moan about 'Stadium Deals' is becoming tiresome - it's always everybody else's fault but your own FFS!
You supposedly have 50,000 f**king members - how can you NOT be making money?
by LPH
Thu May 22, 2014 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - Norwood v Eagles - Post Match

Taking it on the chin then ...
by dedja
Fri May 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Rezoning

Booney wrote:Central Districts isn't really Central to anything. Sturt isn't really in Sturt.

Would you like to be called the Woodville-Port Adelaide-Le Fevre-North West Suburbs Eagles?

Come on Booney as a Port supporter you are the first to know 'its about mate than just a name'
by whufc
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

And I would contend that I would not have gone to the centrals crows game this year had I not had a free ticket.
And there it is in the proverbial nutshell, folks. The SANFL has sacrificed attendance and membership from dyed in the wool long term fans who would put their money behind their convictions, only to attract bludging freeloaders like our compatriot beenymacca here. Let them abuse first-order statistical measures as much as they like; nobody is being fooled.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There is a lot of discord on here and a lot of " get over it" or "move on"
But step back for a second. Those who feel passionately about not having Reserve teams in the SANFL have a right to push their cause, and where else are they expected to do this other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL.

Anyone who suggests they should raise it with their clubs should think first.
A) Don't you think these people, so passionate about their league, haven't already done that?
B) During the whole 'debate', such as it was, how many of the 6 clubs that voted yes actually asked for their own members views?
C) Ergo, the clubs not having asked for views let alone votes from members, how many are likely to acknowledge or accept any dissension from any members?

In other words, where else are these passionate supporters of the SANFL supposed to vent their protests other than on a football forum dedicated to the SANFL ?
I note that many who take the "move on" or "get over it" stance are either Port Adelaide supporters or have the Crows as their AFL team. Either way those same people have an obvious loyalty to the AFL or their reserve sides and not ultimately to the SANFL.

Personally I think it is a shame what has happened to the SANFL forum on SAFooty.net and feel for the administrators who need to generate income to pay for the site. Many members have stopped posting, traffic certainly seems to be on the wane and this might be a worry for the admin team ?

I am sure the "move on" or "get over it" brigade will point the finger at the 'whingers' for driving posters away, without a single consideration that some posters have "moved on" and "got over it" by changing sports codes or just lost interest altogether. Or god forbid decided that the SANFL is no longer for them and neither is an SANFL forum.

I have a genuine sympathy for those SANFL supporters who oppose the unilateral decisions made by 'Their' clubs. I've taken the stance to continue supporting my club by way of memberships and sponsorship but I certainly feel the SANFL has been degraded by the inclusion of the AFL Reserve sides. But it is an easier decision for me, not standing on the outer every week watching my team.
I also acknowledge the absolute frustration, anger and genuine angst many members feel that a club they have supported all their lives made a fundamental league changing decision without having the opportunity to not only vote on the issue but even have a say.

Remember for true SANFL fans, like fans of other sports, their club is for life. It's part of their family, it's their wife, son and daughter, it's their best mates and a way of life. Those who feel betrayed by their club will feel genuine anger and heartache which sometimes you can't just "get over it" or "move on".

And if you think it's all bullshit, think how you feel when your team loses a grand final !! Now transfer that feeling every day of the week, every week of the season. It might be a bit easier when you have 2 teams, an AFL team and an SANFL team and therefore you genuinely don't understand what all the fuss us about? Well good luck to ya. Not everyone feels the same.
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |